Jobcentre Plus Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Administration Team Member (Former Employee) –  Derby25 November 2018
I worked there for a Summer while at University. The staff were very friendly and included the temps as part of the team. For a student the wage was brilliant.
Red Tape Paradise
Work Coach (Former Employee) –  Aldershot13 November 2018
Facing claimants, signposting them so that they can help themselves, disciplining those that don't! Very IT-driven so these skills were frequently updated, but also attending the needs of the claimants. Local management very good and a wonderful working environment with them and colleagues, but upper levels at distant offices are quite clueless about the workings of the jobcentres or the needs of the colleagues or claimants. Very supportive environment in the office (including cakes at Birthdays!), and a joy to work there. Biggest problem was interpreting the Government's "one-size-fits-all" policy which does not work, and training was too patchy because new initiatives had not been properly thought through. Biggest joy was the appreciation from claimants who had been helped to overcome the difficulties that they had experienced in their efforts to move off benefits.
Pros
lovely environment, fair pay, flexible working (within reason)
Cons
clueless upper management, severe staff shortages, poor guidance
Great
I.T. Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire29 October 2018
Fantastic place to be involved with. It's great to know that I'm helping others whilst having fun. Love working with I.T. and people so this really is perfect for me.
Can be a rewarding job
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire22 October 2018
Depending upon the department you will be dealing with vulnerable people. There is the chance to advance in your role with the opportunity to move around departments. The salary was decent and you work flexible hours. Term time working is also available in the right circumstance.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
job can be stressful
My own Job centre experience
Office assistant (Former Employee) –  Canvey Island, Essex9 October 2018
When i participated in a work experience for the my local job centre , i found everyone to be professional and helpful. All employees give their best efforts to provide excellent customer service.
good
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire2 October 2018
I learned the importance of teamwork and being efficient at my work. Great for building your confidence as you are working with the public and the ethnic community.
Productive and fast paced workplace
GENERAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Harlesden, Greater London27 September 2018
Working in the job centre improved my customer service skills drastically. This is because I had to adapt to the intense environment and carry out different one-on-one tasks with customers to help their job searches.
productive and fun work enviroment
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear20 September 2018
Best job I ever had. Administration duties, making new claim packs to send to customers by post. completing reports on an in-house system. Friendly and fun team to work with. Flexible working hours. Good holiday package, I wouldn't hesitate to work for them again.
Pros
Everything was great in that job.
Cons
It wa sonly temporary.
Not the job I applied for
Benefits Delivery Officer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth9 September 2018
I applied for an administrative role and specifically specified that I did not want to work on the telephones. On my first day I was told I would be working in the Benefits Delivery Call Centre where I was sworn and shouted at on a daily basis.
Enjoyable
Clerical/Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thetford, Norfolk9 September 2018
Lovely and friendly staff to work with.

Main job is to prep and order in paperwork e.g p45's etc, aid those looking for work on the in-house computers and aid the work coaches whenever possible.
Fun and enjoyable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlesden, Greater London1 September 2018
I worked as admin assistant for 1 month and I loved the job. I assisted users using computer, creating email accounts, helping them apply for jobs and teaching them to do all previously mentioned. I assisted clients filling in the forms for either jobseeker allowance/other benefits and also staff with adding new jobs to their jobsboard.
Pros
Free Travel
Cons
was there for only 1 month
Good place to get some work experience
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire23 August 2018
I helped customers use the PC's to job search and fill in application forms, good place to get some work experience, the staff and people were friendly, customers sometimes frustrated as some benefit forms take a long time to complete and PC's slow.
I was very proud to serve the local community.
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester20 August 2018
I cannot comment on Government Policies nor would I. You should not attempt to question a Civil Servant on any aspect of their work or their view of Government Policy as we are prohibited from discussing such matters. .
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great work experience
Work Experience (Current Employee) –  Darlington17 August 2018
I'm currently doing work experience within Job Centre Plus and I can honestly say it's great! Everyone is so friendly, they're not judgemental and management are amazing. They are also really flexible with hours. For instance, I do 9 hours a week because I fit it around my child's nursery hours. So, for anyone who is needing any experience to fill the gap of unemployment on their CV, I'd definitely recommend speaking to them about it.
Pros
Flexible hours, support
Pacing changes often
Digital Support (Former Employee) –  Peterlee7 August 2018
Most of the time you can't be settled into one pace for too long as you might be getting on with work and then a group of clients will start coming in at the same time.
fun workplace
General housekeeping of the IAD terminals and area (Former Employee) –  Leicester27 July 2018
• Providing excellent and professional customer service at all times
• General housekeeping of the IAD terminals and area
• Promoting all DWP online services (JSA Online, Universal Jobmatch, etc.)
• Improving customers confidence with IT
• Teaching customers how to carry out certain tasks e.g. how to upload their CV, sending emails, etc.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
difficult customers
Helpful and engaging
Unemployed and looking for work (Current Employee) –  Falkirk, Falkirk5 June 2018
I have been working with salvation army and job centre plus advisir to help me with my work search i have been engaging in interview skill, work and personal attributes and team building activities to help improve my chances of work
Excellent work expreience opportunity.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds31 May 2018
This was a short term unpaid work placement organised via the Movement 2 Work Program, administered by the DWP. I was given the chance to participate in this enjoyable placement, where I was able to use my skills. Everyone was very supportive throughout and gave me the confidence to be able to carry out a role in a fast-paced challenging front line environment.
Pros
Excellent work expereinece opportunity and very supportive staff
Cons
This was a very short term work placement
Great place to gain people skils.
Job Seeker Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wembley, Greater London24 May 2018
Being an office environment the Jobcentre plus was good fun. You had to work under pressure which didnt feel like pressure and the day flew by. Great place to progress and probably the best pension scheme I've ever come accross with.
A good working environment
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex23 May 2018
I have been working at chelmsford interact for 4 years. I have updated all of their records onto their computer databases and general duties and filing and other general duties when required