JN Bentley

JN Bentley Employee Reviews

United Kingdom37 reviews
You can give your all for this company but if your not from Yorkshire look out.
No respect for the hard working lads but if you under perform you will have a job for life.
Pros
Don’t know anymore
Cons
Where do I start!!!!
Excellent work culture with a very positive Health and Safety procedures.
Made to feel a valued member the team with higher management being approachable at all times
Cons
Non
Awful company, hugely disorganised with absolutely zero leadership. M&E is an afterthought. Multi Disciplined departments woefully understaffed. Poor!
Pros
They pay me to turn up
Cons
Poor design, Everything done cheaply, Unable to formulate plans and execute them to a sucessful project
Avoid if at all possible. The managers here are inexperienced and do not participate in the work on site. The work is often in remote locations and you will get little support from management.
I learnt a lot from working with JN Bentley especially into Health & Safety at Work. The management are caring and value every person within the company.
JNB is run by bullies throughout the company.
The culture is extremely clicky and if you don't fit in you don't stand a chance.They will give you the 'we care' talk, don't be fooled by this. They dont.

For me working in HR was about supporting employees, unfortunately JNB don't work this way and push people out.

I seen some great colleagues leave and it's shame.

Since leaving I have noticed a massive change in myself so it just goes to show the impact a company can have on you.

My advice to anyone thinking of applying is dont!

On the plus side, I'm grateful for the experience as I'm now working for a bigger company, better pay, less pressure and a fabulous team :)
I’ve been here 10 years and have enjoyed my work here.
Work hard go for always have the ability to climb the ladder.

I started out as a lead hand and work my way up with the support from my management with some great training
Cons
Good hours
Ok. Good points and bad.
Some great people at the company.

Some procedures are different to the industry. Change can be difficult for all.
Worked with Bentleys as a plant operator,Storeman and yardman, for over 15month, tried 3 times to apply for a job with them on the third occasion I was invited for interview drove over 100 miles to be told at the interview I was highly qualified and experienced but was more suited for major projects even though I have been working alongside the other lads and mucking in I learned a lot so was gutted to be told this, it was a wasted trip really, but everyone I worked with was great once you built up their trust you were part of the team. Did a lot of work I didn't have to do but took it on myself cleaning facilities toilets etc no thanks for that.

Biggest sickener was I didn't realise I was entitled to holiday pay as I was agency I was just left to get on with that side of the job myself, ended up losing a full years holiday pay as no one told me I was entitled to it all the days we had off were unpaid never found out until i'd been offhired that I had lost it.
Pros
Good hard working company small teams might not favour everyone
Cons
didnt get a full time job with them
Totally worst company I have ever worked for, run by monkeys. If your not in the click then you stand no chance......

They have lost so many good people over the last few years would think they would be asking why....but no same management stay in same positions, it's one rule for the click and one rule for the outsiders. No flexible working and bully boy tactics are within workplace, they will deny this but trust me it happens.

They care for all the graduates they have and they are treated well.

Since leaving I have become much more happier shows you it was down to going there each day. If you want to work here they will give you the "we care" talk but they really don't.
Pros
Cons
Working there
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at JN Bentley?
I have been with Bentley's for 6 years. Started out as a labourer and now I am a Lead Hand with the company.

Although the company has grown a lot in recent years, this has given people like myself the opportunity to progress quicker than what I would have within other companies.

I see myself at the company for many years to come.
Pros
Progression and benefits
Cons
Travelling hours can be long
25 February 2019
Thank you for your positive review.

Your feedback is much appreciated!
Worked for jnb for 7 years starting off as a skilled op in north west and working my way up to lead hand ,but unfortunately had no choice but to leave August 2018 ,jnb are a great company to work for I was very passionate about them but the clickyness started to get me down on my last job ,and tried on numerous occasions to talk about it but felt that I was being singled out and it was just swept under the carpet, in a word they didn't seem interested, if you want a career and good prospects jnb is company for you , but if you take it to serious it will get you down ,once again great company give them a try ...
Pros
Benefits, you will not get with most companies
Cons
Very clique
25 February 2019
Thank you for your positive review, we agree with you that the opportunities are fantastic at Bentley's.

In relation to your personal experience, we would like to thank you for your passion and commitment during your time with us. However, we are sorry to hear about you becoming disinterested.

If you would like to discuss this further please contact the HR/Recruitment team to discuss. Alternatively, you could also send an email to recruitment@jnbentley.co.uk to give details of your experience.

Thanks again for your review. Your feedback is much appreciated!
JNBentley are a great company to work for - They genuinely care about their employees and if you're willing to work hard for them, you will be recognised and rewarded. I've been working for JNBentley for the past 7 year. They've supported me through my career, providing me with oportunities to explore different areas of the business and gain valuable experience.
Pros
Good benefits package, Good opportunities to progress, Flexible working hours, Safety is always front of mind, Profit sharing bonus scheme
Cons
N/a
25 February 2019
Thank you for your great review.

Your feedback is much appreciated!
JN Bentley is a great place to work. The people are really friendly, and management is very supportive.

The workload is manageable, where support is required, help is always available. The business is growing and therefore there are always new and exciting projects to get involved in. Management are very open to any new suggestions, plenty of opportunities to grow and progress in your career. JNB are passionate about supporting their staff and offer funding for those wanting to obtain professional qualifications for their development.

Culture is great! Friendly people, no micromanagement. Family friendly culture, flexible, understand you have other commitments outside of work.
Thank you for your positive review, your feedback is much appreciated!
JN Bentley is a great place to work. The company has a really positive, friendly culture and really cares about its people. The work environment is relaxed and you're given the support you need to progress and deliver in your role.

There are development opportunities for all employees, whether you're on placement, an apprentice, a new graduate or someone that wants to develop professionally - the company will support you to do this.

Working in a smaller team means my role is varied and I have the opportunity to work with different people across the business, from operational and support teams to senior management and directors.
Pros
Friendly, relaxed work environment, great people, interesting and varied role, development opportunities, benefits.
Successful and profitable company
Skilled management

Friendly approachable people

Understanding and helpful colleagues

No visible hierarchy divides - really down to earth team from MD to cleaner!

Flexible working

A company that cares about its employees

Great package and benefits

Opportunity to up skill and progress in company

Development is encouraged

Mature working and fun environment

I know I'm working for a company that's really going places!
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Far too much cake in the office!
Thank you for your positive review, your feedback is much appreciated!
I have been at JNB for nearly 2 years now. In my time here I have felt like part of the family. As you can see a lot of us refer to the company as one big family as you really do get that feel. Yes of course you always have that one cousin you don't often talk to but as a whole everyone does look out for one another. The directors treat you with the same respect as what your uncles and aunties would.

We all get really good benefits and the option of tailing it around what is best for us. For example buy more holiday or add family members onto our health plans.

The best way of describing Bentleys is that you get out what you put in. So if you are hard working and not afraid to get stuck in then you will get out what you put in.
Pros
Flexibel benifits, free turkey at christmas, bonus twice a year & very good pension.
Cons
Only one works do a year at christmas.
Thank you for your positive review, your feedback is much appreciated!
From my very first interview I was struck by the professionalism and ambition of JN Bentley.
I listened to the talk of it being a 'Family firm' on a larger scale and the usual projected growth forecast that would bring opportunity for advancement with a degree of cynicism.

What became swiftly apparent however was the immense integrity held as a company that certainly comes from the people that complete us.

I joined JN Bentley at a stage in which I wanted to plant roots and grow. Finding a company that matched my own ambition was important to me and I am pleased to still consider the move I made to be the correct decision.

Our working triangles were revolutionary to my own long-practised way of working and they've made me infinitely better at doing my job. Something so simple has awakened in me a greater understanding of how to approach things and the interdependence makes us, in my opinion, great at what we do.

From a selfish point of view, if I were ever to leave, I'd leave in the absolute knowledge that I'd be taking away skills and ability that I did not have before I arrived. That, for me is outstanding.

Our culture of CARE is outstanding and I've never worked anywhere else that makes me feel as cared about, something that sounds clichéd but is so important. The CARE mantra, whether it be health and wellbeing, safety, environment or money rings fervently true and it really is a simple message to communicate. This in turn makes my own role a lot easier. The simplification of such an important message is indicative of our company as a whole. It is a company I am proud
 - more...
Pros
Feeling like the job we do makes a difference
Thank you for your positive review, your feedback is much appreciated!
I have worked at J N Bentley for a long long time, and through the years have seen many changes, the majority of these have been beneficial to the company and its employees. J N Bentley has grown from a small family business into a very large company but still retains a family feel. I wouldn`t want to work anywhere else.

Another benefit about working here is that you get noticed and rewarded for your hard work.
Pros
Bonus, turkeys at xmas, buying extra holidays
Cons
No early finish on a friday !
3 December 2018
Thank you for your positive review, it's great to hear that you're enjoying working for us.

Don't worry... We all wish we could finish early on a Friday! :)

Thanks again.
Excellent company to work for, all members of staff help each other out.
The workplace culture is a very nice family feel, all the way up to directors. Everyone is treated the same.
Pros
Family feel
Cons
No Cons
3 December 2018
Overall work was ok. They don’t like to pay which shows as a lot of placement work which reflected on site as drawings where changed excessively. Very clicky, you have to be in there little groups or your and outsider. Half the near miss reports where never filled and the rumours and lies that went around the sites was unbelievable. Never in life would I recommend anyone to work there unless there looking to pass a bit of time before retirement.
Pros
Wet time
Cons
To long to list
7 December 2018
Thank you for your review.

We don't like to hear about some of the issues you experienced whilst working with us. Therefore, we are keen to get a better understanding of the specifics of what you encountered, particularly when you was on site.

Please contact the recruitment team by sending an email to recruitment@jnbentley.co.uk so that we can look into this further.

We aim to ensure that are people are happy at work and would appreciate you getting in touch.

Thanks again for your review, your feedback is much appreciated.