JN Bentley Employee Reviews

Fab Place to work
Anon (Current Employee) –  Skipton, North Yorkshire21 August 2017
I love working at JN Bentley. They are supportive. The directors & management get involved and have an open door policy which allows you to get your ideas heard. I find that there is a term banded about at Bentleys often saying someone is or isn't a 'Bentley's person', this is actually a real concept. The people who work here are positive, hardworking, proactive and most importantly kind, if you aren't all of theses things, you wont do well here but if you are it will suit you perfectly.
Pros
benefits package
Not a bad firm but poor payers
Lead hand/bricklayer/ground worker (Current Employee) –  Durham, Durham29 May 2017
Jn bentleys is a good firm but getting too big and pay not too good compared with the about of work out there now!you could have a job for life there and I have been there for 12 years but looking for a change and to make more money and work less hours closer to home.
Pros
Good health and safety
Cons
Long hours/not so good of pay
Good company, but not as good as it was.
Witheld (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom18 February 2016
Still a great company, but it has inevitably lost some of what made it special as it has grown and expanded.

Definitely a great place to join if you are young and inexperienced, but not somewhere I would recommend for more experienced professionals.
Pros
Security
Cons
Slightly insestuous. Progression is by family ties rather than ability.
look after the employees very well and develop them.
Joiner (Current Employee) –  Skipton, ENG2 November 2014
JN Bentley is a good company to work for they value there employees and provide top notch training and development so you are able to progress your career to the next level.
Pros
wet time
Cons
not enough hours
no comunicaion
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Shifnal, ENG8 July 2013
typical day at work was waiting for stuff to be delivered ready for fitting only to be told the designers have changed it
Excellent People
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Leeds City Centre27 February 2013
Working with friendly and helpful people, my day begins with a cup of tea or a visit to the canteen for a bacon sandwich!!
Check emails in the various databases and work email to see if any mail has been sent that requires my immediate attention or to be put on my "to do" list for the day/week. Stamp, scan and send incoming paper mail to email and send to relevant person to action. Hourly checking of database for any customer contact and pass on to relevant person to contact the customer and respond back to me so I may update the database and "close" it down within two hours of customer contacting us. Typing of minutes. Archiving. Filing. Order stationary as and when required. Arrange the sending out of mail. Complying with company strategies regarding health and safety and clear desk policy, encouraging others to do so also, and reporting incidents on company database.
Weekly tasks such as populating the plant spreadsheet from information on the company database, compare and update the spreadsheet and send to the batch managers for them to update future plant requirements and send onto the plant department for them to ensure all sites have required plant when requested to ensure smooth development/completion on site.
This is just a breif synopsis of what my day can involve, there is just too much to mention.
Pros
working with lovely people.
enjoyable place that went down hill
Project delivery manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire10 January 2013
worked 7.30 - 1700
learned to keep quiet when senior management were around

co-workers were excellent
Pros
good lads to work with
Cons
long hours, not respected by the company if you werent in the "in crowd"

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JN Bentley. Our community is ready to answer.

JN Bentley Reviews by Location