JML

JML Employee Reviews

JML is a small business with a family feel. Many of the people that work there have been there for a long time and have grown up with the business from a very early stage. The business needs to change and adapt to the modern retail environment and is generally finding it hard to do as the TV platform that its initial success was built upon declines in importance. The business is generally dependant on just a handful of products every year - as a result, things can swing from 'feast to famine' in a very short space of time and this can make for an uncertain and sometimes uncomfortable environment.
I have worked for JML for over a year, and I have been blown away by just how fun and considerate the culture is. I've also never had Flexitime before, so working for a business that's encouraging me to take a moment and hosting regular cafe takeovers with the rest of the building has been something else. It is a long-standing consumer goods business, so you won't find a single person at JML who doesn't believe in the products or the business. But that means anyone who does come on has been on for the long haul, there is rarely any leavers!! If you see an opportunity appear here, I would consider applying for it, let the culture speak for itself when you come in for an interview.
Pros
Flexitime, health insurance, season ticket loan, multiple tea trolley and events, 6% pension, staff discount!
Cons
Sometimes the leadership can take awhile on a decision, but given the multiple spheres we operate in (including TV advertising) it is required!
The job is as stressful as you want to make it the working hours are as long as you make them, great job as long as you are an organised person great management great team and a company who makes you feel a valued member
Pros
Great team great management
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Physically and mentally hardwork, no bonus no pay rise, 37 and half hr contract but expected to do 45 plus, they expect you to start far from home and finish far.from home, no motivation at all, teams are fed.up with empty promises, loads of money wasted on motivational days when it could have been offered as a bonus, expected to do heavy lifting when it clearly states a two persons lift on boxes, sales struggling due to old and dated products and new products poor quality,, I could go on......morale.is really low but management are oblivious to it.
Pros
Cons
No bonus no pay rise empty promises
Terrible management. Reps pressured to complete work with no thanks and little reward. Worst job ive ever had. Super stressful, youre their slave for a week day and night constant work even when you get home. Company going downhill probably last 2 more years at best then online only.
Pros
Cons
Cover your back at all times, get threw under bus all the time
poor communication between departments makes my daily job harder. poor systems in place however enjoy the team I work with.
Pros: fun working environment Cons: salaries are below market average, personal development opportunities are limited
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at JML?