JMC Legal Recruitment Employee Reviews

Say they care about their employees but they really don’t!
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol7 July 2019
I started here and after a day I was immediately sacked. No help in moving forward was given to me and I did not receive a meeting to resolve the issues. Very male dominated company and it definitely shows. Would not recommend unless you want to work and stress 24/7 and have no life.
Pros
Bar and coffee
Cons
Long hours, male dominated, inconsiderate
IT guy's review
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Southampton8 February 2019
I perform full stack IT support for JMC. It's a fantastic place to work full of optimistic and well-motivated people. I love the fact we often get on team building exercises, and despite being primarily a remote worker, I always feel part of the team.
Pros
Snack Bar
Great company to work for
Administration Executive (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol8 February 2019
I have worked at JMC since the company started and have loved every minute of it, and watching the company grow from strength to strength has been incredible.

The Managing Director is hardworking and supportive and goes above and beyond to ensure that everyone in the team is happy and achieving the best they can. There is a great culture at JMC, and all of the team are very friendly and supportive.
Pros
Relaxed dress culture, friendly team, lovely office, excellent tools and market knowledge within the team.
Supportive and hardworking working environment
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bristol2 January 2019
Having worked at other recruitment agencies for a number of years, JMC's approach is refreshing, to say the least. The company offers a collegiate working environment where Consultants are encouraged to collaborate for their individual and collective goals.

The Director is an inspiring leader that has an innate ability to understand their employee's needs and room for growth. They are also one of the most successful and recognised Legal Recruiters in the country and this knowledge and approach are shared for the good of the business and the individual Consultants.

Employees want to work hard because they are treated like adults and the office has an 'electric' feel throughout. There is a distinct lack of politics in the office that I have encountered at previous employers. Autonomy is encouraged and appropriate guidance is always given when needed. There is also no excessive KPI focus and a lack of boards on the wall.

I have also never seen such phenomenal first-year billings from Consultants coming in with no experience. I've always taken on target earnings with a pinch of salt for newbies to the industry, however, at JMC first-year consultants are exceeding these figures and taking home life-changing salaries. This is a credit to the leadership style, investment in the business and the transparent and best practice approach.

All that is left for me to say is watch out competitors. JMC have and continue to make their mark!
Pros
Stylish office, great Director, talented team, modern CRM, fruit smoothies every morning, great social events, friendly colleagues, excellent location, established client base.
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bristol2 January 2019
JMC is a fantastic employer. We have the best office, the best team and an unrivalled culture.

As long as you do your best and you're achieving what you should be, the amount of time you input is less of an issue so you have autonomy - as if running a business within a business.
Pros
Rewarding; Friendly team; Relaxed dress culture
Cons
None at all!
Great Employer & Team
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bristol31 December 2018
JMC is a really great place to work. I hadn't worked in recruitment previously as you hear so many horror stories of people's bad experiences. I had no need to worry at all as JMC stands out as an industry-leader for how they undertake their work and how they treat their staff. It really is second to none in this regard.

The whole team works hard together and there is a real emphasis on "team". We all share ideas and work together to achieve the best results for our clients and candidates and that's so refreshing in a sales environment.

Like any recruitment company, you work hard but the commission structure means you can get out what you put in and earn more than you could ever expect. At the same time, there is a fun & friendly culture making it all worth it.
Pros
Great team, lovely offices, superb commission structure & v.aspirational company
Best place I've ever worked
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol28 December 2018
All of my colleagues are hard working, absolute professionals and just a great laugh.

The office is stunning so a real joy to be in - lovely atmosphere.

The hours are long but the day goes by so quickly.

I've worked in law firms as a Legal Executive for over 10 years and this is the first job I've had where I'm genuinely happy to be in work and I'm not counting down to lunch and the end of the day.
Fantastic firm to work for
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol28 December 2018
As a student coming straight out of University, going into the working world was daunting.

But the Managing Director, and the JMC team made this easy for me. Recruitment isn't the easiest first job to go into, but the support offered by the team really put me at ease and their support during the early days made this transition much easier.

In terms of the management style, the company really do adopt a friendly and sympathetic style, which is uncommon in the average agency. Moreover, for those who work hard, you will reap the benefits in terms of monetary reward.

I have only been here for a couple of months, but I can see myself being here for a really long time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is certainly making that deal, of course as long as all parties are satisfied. When you realized you really have added value to a firm, it feels fantastic. This is what makes JMC different, we add value as opposed to throwing mud at the wall and seeing what sticks.

I've learned a lot about myself, and about the recruitment industry in its entirety, and I look forward to learning even more in the future.
Pros
Lovely offices, friendly colleagues, commission structure, breakfast club
Cons
Commuting into the centre of Bristol
Best place I've worked yet!
Marketing/Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol28 December 2018
Been working here for best part of 6 months and have enjoyed every single bit of it working so far. You are instantly hit by the friendly atmosphere and awesome culture at JMC within the first week.

With hard work comes great salary and benefits with great opportunities to advance given the effort you put in. Within the first 3 months I had learned a whole lot more than I did and with that a generous amount of investment from the company in myself.

With more advancements on the horizon, I can't help but feel excited to see where I will be with JMC in a few years to come. The daily smoothies are also delicious and nutritious. Stuff like that just really makes JMC one of those companies that everyone would love to work for instead of those big conglomerate companies that just see you as a number.
Pros
Office, Benefits, Investment
Cons
So far, none!
Best Company
PA to Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Bristol City Centre, Bristol28 December 2018
I love working for JMC.

The management here has given me an amazing platform to progress within the company and for myself.

I am excited to come into work almost everyday.
Pros
Happy people, Good Culture
Cons
Cold sometimes
Employee
Senior Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol28 December 2018
Great company to work for. You are given all the tools you need to really add value to your candidate and client experience. I could not work for another agency after working for JMC. 10/10.
Pros
You will be invested in.
Cons
None.
Excellent company!
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 December 2018
This company took me in as a trainee recruitment consultant. They trained me up from scratch to become a leader in my industry, I really enjoy working here and there is an amazing team and family culture.

I would recommend this company to anyone.