JLL Employee Reviews

A very happy place to work
Housekeeper/Supervisor Housekeper (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire22 February 2018
The management team were always polite and pleasant and this was reflected in the workforce.
Everybody came to work with a happy disposition and it was reflected in their work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie within each shift.
JLL were a marvelous company to work for.
Pros
A genuine people-orientated company
Poor management culture
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  London & South East15 January 2018
After a year I am looking for a new company.
There is very little support for new staff with too many processes for the same function.
JLL are very poor at paying suppliers with the late payment fees being passed on to the tenants. Line management is not clear with too many “Directors” telling you what to do without the how to do. There is a culture to blame others and pass the buck.
Pros
No one monitors your work
Cons
Too many processes
OK for a first job, but terrible company to work for otherwise
Accounts Payable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk2 January 2018
Little to no progression, lots of office politics, and I've even been bullied by the managers due to my (mild) autism. For a company that prides itself on equality and diversity of its people it is insulting!

The holiday package is a redeeming factor, but don't make up for the long hours, minimal pay with little progression potential, and the management/treatment of its own employees. Some people are also paid more or less than others in the same role which puts it further away from the equality is claims.

For a first job its OK but nothing special, for anyone else I'd definitely give jll a miss.
Pros
Holiday package is good, friendly employees.
Cons
Long hours, bad management, limited progression, little communication between teams. Few opportunities for overtime/extra pay
Fun workplace
Renewals and Lettings Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, Greater London20 October 2017
It was a hardworking work place and everyone valued their job and took pride in their role and work.

I was given extra responsibilities when I showed I was capable. The management listened and were cooperative.

I felt confident working there and felt secure in my job.
Pros
Nice people
Assistant (Former Employee) –  EMEA11 October 2017
Good location, not bad hours at all and friendly atmosphere. Sometimes felt it hard to get in touch with the team in which everyone was busy with their own issues.
Pros
Nice place to work in overall
Challenging but not rewarding
Client Accounts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk27 September 2017
Good opportunities to progress in some departments. Other areas I feel are mismanaged and lack of resources allocated to certain portfolio's doesn't allow the business to provide the level of service that customers should expect.

People are expected to work hard however it feels as though certain tasks need to be completed at all costs regardless of how many additional hours this may require with no regard for work life balance.
Pros
Free fruit and company share save scheme
Didn't feel comfortable
Accounts (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 September 2017
This company likes to move you about without your convent or knowing the management is always changing and I felt as thought I never really knew what was going on however they do pay well so some people may be able to put up with it
Fantastic company
Regional Facilities Manager for London West End (Former Employee) –  West End30 August 2017
Great company to work for.

The company work hard to keep their staff and ensure that there's a good work/life balance

Great benefits

Great opportunities and training available at all levels
Pros
Forward thinking company
JLL is a huge and a diverse firm with a lot of more potential.
Management Team Member (Current Employee) –  UK19 August 2017
I've been working for JLL for a few years now, and I feel it's only fair to write both the cons and pros without biases.
First, the firm is huge and always looking for good talent, and many employees here blend in without a problem, but unfortunately, there’s a feeling amongst peers that express a different version of the portrayed picture.

In my experience, the culture of the firm is simple “delegate”. It may sound questionable, but it’s fact, management doesn’t seem to “question” or know how to say “no.” to demands from above no matter how extreme they may be, they will simply delegate, and I don’t mean your normal delegation with instructions which may include resources, But I mean forwarding the email to the next rank below to action.

Next; No transferable training, but you get a lot of online training which offers no rewards what-so-ever, you don’t feel actual progression other than the stress coursed by the unnecessary interruption to your real work.

I believe in most cases, the individuals who do the actual work end up with nothing much, and the leading others take all the glory, pay rises and bonuses. but also think, this happens due to lack of transparency in terms of Good HR and also Lack of dedicated “Training Managers”, I mean as a department since this enables discovery of the talent within, not forgetting hindrance from management that controls talented employees.
Pros
Diversity, Good employee benefits, Good profile as firm, Job security
Cons
Luck of transferable training for all, Poor management, Poor HR, Poor recognition for talent within.
My time at Jones Lang LaSalle
Service Charge Team Leader (Promotion) (Former Employee) –  West end. London17 August 2017
I worked at JLL for 14 1/2 years and had many rolls in my time with them. I worked within the Property Accounts department all this time and had very supportive and empathetic managers who allowed flexibility within my roles for me to be able to raise my son while continuing to earn a fair wage. I worked from home for the last 5yrs and this was a life saver as I was raising my son alone at this time.
Pros
Allowing me to work form home
Cons
My work became very monotonous and unable to progress
Peacfully working Environment
Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Amoy street15 August 2017
Manageable daily job and get to meet different tenant, walk in visitors, supplier and contractor. Liaise with building conceige on daily job documentation of rental, carpark, monthly mainteance fees, mover and others feedback. Receive petty cash for carpark for non season parking and laundry machine cash collection and do banking and submission to office. Prepare weekly cheque and cash collection report and documention in filing system.
Work place very small but with friendly working colleagues.
I have gain something which I have never deal with certain part of the job scope and I enjoy working there.
Pros
Flexible Lunch Hour
A bit of a lottery...
Property Management (Former Employee) –  London11 July 2017
Some wonderful role models and good opportunities available for growth. Unfortunately this can vary greatly depending on the department and the team manager.
Pros
Standard benefits
Cons
Gaining credit or salary increases is hard work
A fun place to work
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  London5 July 2017
Lots of support from colleagues from senior Management and JLL Surveyors. Good training oportunities via online portal & training workshops.

I recommend this company for a good work life balance.
Excellent management and job locations
Lettings Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, England31 May 2017
I felt the company valued you as an individual, including your opinion. The pay was good and coincided with the effort you put in. The compliance and UK law was difficult so dedication to learning was key.
Service charge Analyst
Service Charge Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk1 May 2017
Pretty standard day, The work that we did was rewarding and the day to day work was okay - I worked on different systems that were easy to learn and the support was there to help.
Pros
social events
Cons
Long hours, No overtime, no bonuses, overworked at times
Excellent Company to work for
Secretary (Former Employee) –  London14 March 2017
I worked for 6 years at Churston Heard (Now JLL). I worked in the print room producing reports, brochures, leaflets and details of the shops we had on our books. I then decided I wished to be moved to another department to use my secretarial skills more and worked for two surveyors and a Director, typing, filing data inputting and dealing with enquiries from the general public.
Pros
health care
Cons
none that I can think of
Great stakeholders but not enough guidance
BI BA (Former Employee) –  London2 March 2017
Great stakeholders but not enough guidance; No knowledge transfer where gaps identified- highly technical environment; Fast paced projects ;
Jones lang Lasalle
Continental Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands22 February 2017
Great company, but office politics do exist management you have to have your wits about you, best thing to do is keep your head down do your work and all is well, but if they suspect your face to be unfitting, theyll manage you out the company with giving you such work loads that you wont be able to complete and they will use it against you so it looks your under performing and that will be the first step in getting you out... but besides the management in the main ESC everyone else is brilliant and im talking from the highest to the lowest everyone is on your side just a shame a few ruin it for the whole company using there personal agendas take over
Great company to work for.
Sales Consultant - New Homes (Current Employee) –  Manchester - North West11 February 2017
A great company to network and learn a greater insight into the property/real estate market and trends throughout the world.
Good Work life balance
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London17 January 2017
A great bunch of people to work with, management is a bit lacklustre though with no real direction. Good work life balance and flexible working, but the work can get a bit repetitive and there seem to be not real internal prospects for promotion.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Management, lack of comms

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JLL. Our community is ready to answer.