JLL Employee Reviews

Enjoyable two weeks work experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London28 March 2018
My work experience at JLL took place during the summer of 2012 and helped introduce me to the world of work. The team I worked with were always helpful and made my time there as enjoyable as possible.
Well supported & well rewarded.
Accounts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk13 March 2018
My first week at JLL consisted of an in depth, well structured training programme that not only gave me an insight to JLL but into my day to day activities. I feel there is great potential at JLL & tonnes of career progression. I feel well supported by my peers & management! I would 100% recommend JLL to others.
Pros
Career progression, good working hours, holiday entitlement, friendly colleagues.
Cons
High pressured at times.
High pressure, no training
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Norwich8 March 2018
I joined JLL and was informed there would be a regimented training program. Upon starting, I quickly realised there was no training. Management pile on pressure and demands but do not give you the information you need to complete your job. The turnover since I have been here is incredible, I've never seen so many people change jobs or leave in such a short period of time. If I had to give any advice, it would be apply elsewhere. There is only stress and no reward.
Pros
The day ends at 5
Cons
No training, no support, awful managment structure
A very happy place to work
Housekeeper/Supervisor Housekeper (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire22 February 2018
The management team were always polite and pleasant and this was reflected in the workforce.
Everybody came to work with a happy disposition and it was reflected in their work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie within each shift.
JLL were a marvelous company to work for.
Pros
A genuine people-orientated company
Poor management culture
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  London & South East15 January 2018
After a year I am looking for a new company.
There is very little support for new staff with too many processes for the same function.
JLL are very poor at paying suppliers with the late payment fees being passed on to the tenants. Line management is not clear with too many “Directors” telling you what to do without the how to do. There is a culture to blame others and pass the buck.
Pros
No one monitors your work
Cons
Too many processes
OK for a first job, but terrible company to work for otherwise
Accounts Payable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk2 January 2018
Little to no progression, lots of office politics, and I've even been bullied by the managers due to my (mild) autism. For a company that prides itself on equality and diversity of its people it is insulting!

The holiday package is a redeeming factor, but don't make up for the long hours, minimal pay with little progression potential, and the management/treatment of its own employees. Some people are also paid more or less than others in the same role which puts it further away from the equality is claims.

For a first job its OK but nothing special, for anyone else I'd definitely give jll a miss.
Pros
Holiday package is good, friendly employees.
Cons
Long hours, bad management, limited progression, little communication between teams. Few opportunities for overtime/extra pay
Good company to work for
Team Secretary (Former Employee) –  Exeter23 November 2017
Good company to work for, they treat their staff well and duties are administered evenly between the staff.

They have a good benefits package.

Clean and tidy offices
Fun workplace
Renewals and Lettings Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, Greater London20 October 2017
It was a hardworking work place and everyone valued their job and took pride in their role and work.

I was given extra responsibilities when I showed I was capable. The management listened and were cooperative.

I felt confident working there and felt secure in my job.
Pros
Nice people
Assistant (Former Employee) –  EMEA11 October 2017
Good location, not bad hours at all and friendly atmosphere. Sometimes felt it hard to get in touch with the team in which everyone was busy with their own issues.
Pros
Nice place to work in overall
Challenging but not rewarding
Client Accounts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk27 September 2017
Good opportunities to progress in some departments. Other areas I feel are mismanaged and lack of resources allocated to certain portfolio's doesn't allow the business to provide the level of service that customers should expect.

People are expected to work hard however it feels as though certain tasks need to be completed at all costs regardless of how many additional hours this may require with no regard for work life balance.
Pros
Free fruit and company share save scheme
Didn't feel comfortable
Accounts (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 September 2017
This company likes to move you about without your convent or knowing the management is always changing and I felt as thought I never really knew what was going on however they do pay well so some people may be able to put up with it
Fantastic company
Regional Facilities Manager for London West End (Former Employee) –  West End30 August 2017
Great company to work for.

The company work hard to keep their staff and ensure that there's a good work/life balance

Great benefits

Great opportunities and training available at all levels
Pros
Forward thinking company
JLL is a huge and a diverse firm with a lot of more potential.
Management Team Member (Current Employee) –  UK19 August 2017
I've been working for JLL for a few years now, and I feel it's only fair to write both the cons and pros without biases.
First, the firm is huge and always looking for good talent, and many employees here blend in without a problem, but unfortunately, there’s a feeling amongst peers that express a different version of the portrayed picture.

In my experience, the culture of the firm is simple “delegate”. It may sound questionable, but it’s fact, management doesn’t seem to “question” or know how to say “no.” to demands from above no matter how extreme they may be, they will simply delegate, and I don’t mean your normal delegation with instructions which may include resources, But I mean forwarding the email to the next rank below to action.

Next; No transferable training, but you get a lot of online training which offers no rewards what-so-ever, you don’t feel actual progression other than the stress coursed by the unnecessary interruption to your real work.

I believe in most cases, the individuals who do the actual work end up with nothing much, and the leading others take all the glory, pay rises and bonuses. but also think, this happens due to lack of transparency in terms of Good HR and also Lack of dedicated “Training Managers”, I mean as a department since this enables discovery of the talent within, not forgetting hindrance from management that controls talented employees.
Pros
Diversity, Good employee benefits, Good profile as firm, Job security
Cons
Luck of transferable training for all, Poor management, Poor HR, Poor recognition for talent within.
My time at Jones Lang LaSalle
Service Charge Team Leader (Promotion) (Former Employee) –  West end. London17 August 2017
I worked at JLL for 14 1/2 years and had many rolls in my time with them. I worked within the Property Accounts department all this time and had very supportive and empathetic managers who allowed flexibility within my roles for me to be able to raise my son while continuing to earn a fair wage. I worked from home for the last 5yrs and this was a life saver as I was raising my son alone at this time.
Pros
Allowing me to work form home
Cons
My work became very monotonous and unable to progress
Peacfully working Environment
Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Amoy street15 August 2017
Manageable daily job and get to meet different tenant, walk in visitors, supplier and contractor. Liaise with building conceige on daily job documentation of rental, carpark, monthly mainteance fees, mover and others feedback. Receive petty cash for carpark for non season parking and laundry machine cash collection and do banking and submission to office. Prepare weekly cheque and cash collection report and documention in filing system.
Work place very small but with friendly working colleagues.
I have gain something which I have never deal with certain part of the job scope and I enjoy working there.
Pros
Flexible Lunch Hour
A bit of a lottery...
Property Management (Former Employee) –  London11 July 2017
Some wonderful role models and good opportunities available for growth. Unfortunately this can vary greatly depending on the department and the team manager.
Pros
Standard benefits
Cons
Gaining credit or salary increases is hard work
A fun place to work
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  London5 July 2017
Lots of support from colleagues from senior Management and JLL Surveyors. Good training oportunities via online portal & training workshops.

I recommend this company for a good work life balance.
Excellent management and job locations
Lettings Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, England31 May 2017
I felt the company valued you as an individual, including your opinion. The pay was good and coincided with the effort you put in. The compliance and UK law was difficult so dedication to learning was key.
Service charge Analyst
Service Charge Analyst (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk1 May 2017
Pretty standard day, The work that we did was rewarding and the day to day work was okay - I worked on different systems that were easy to learn and the support was there to help.
Pros
social events
Cons
Long hours, No overtime, no bonuses, overworked at times
Excellent Company to work for
Secretary (Former Employee) –  London14 March 2017
I worked for 6 years at Churston Heard (Now JLL). I worked in the print room producing reports, brochures, leaflets and details of the shops we had on our books. I then decided I wished to be moved to another department to use my secretarial skills more and worked for two surveyors and a Director, typing, filing data inputting and dealing with enquiries from the general public.
Pros
health care
Cons
none that I can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JLL. Our community is ready to answer.