JJ Food Service Employee Reviews

Stay Away Everyone
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Enfield2 December 2018
Racist company staff...
They can create a corrupted story line to sack you as they wish..
If you are not indian you can get the job but sent home in few days with fabricated stories.
Pros
Cons
Racism at its highest.
Job for hardworking people
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire2 November 2018
I like the job as it's Monday to Friday so I could enjoy the weekend with my family.

Management is flexible if the time off is needed, in general good place to work if you want to work.

If you have an ability to multitask and are willing to work hard then this is a job for you.
Pros
weekend off, no nightshifts
Cons
cannot get use to monthly payment
Lads stay away from them
HGV Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London28 September 2018
As a ex employee I can truly say that it’s the worst company I’ve ever been working for...I wasted there 4 months...Long long hours doesn’t really equal pays when you look at the hours you have done...Rounds are just stupid. Management....well no comment they trying to cover their own back not the drivers
Driver is responsible for literally everything’s and his paying for any loses from his own pocket if he had money down etc
At the end if you wanna resign do it in right time because they charge you for not giving them notice but the question is how the f...is it possible to give them notice if you wanna run away ASAP and why should you pay for really poor management
Pros
Not at all
Cons
Lads are good to get to know
Ex delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire7 September 2018
Avoid like the plague the manager is an idiot and the transport manager gets out of as much driving as possible The Lazy w@#$%r. Over worked, over loaded too many deliveries. A lot of customers pay cash so you carry a lot of money and if your money's down it comes out of your own pocket.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
None what so ever
Joke place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear28 August 2018
Newcastle branch run like a absolute shambles same job vacancy up 5 times in 2 months my friend applied here who had 14 years warehouse experience and 5 years cash and carry experience went for interview and they didn't even get back to him lol but employ numptys with none wise management move
Pros
Not a lot
Cons
Going in
Not bad,not good -just horrible
Customer Service Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sidcup, Greater London28 August 2018
You know when you start but never know what the day might rezerve you and never you'll know when you're going to finish.... Learned to work for free as in contract they will ask you for overtime but the same will state no payments for it, which will not match the initial offer! Workplace -everyone is unhappy and keep their head in ground! You need to deliver upstairs and downstairs and take all the complaints from customers, even if not your fault! You have to be driver, accountant, cashier, planner, capable to read labels quick, parking three streets away from shop and bring the goods by trolley as you going to pay for fines.... with nearly 10ye old lorries and no AC ! Best part is meeting nice and hard working people!
Pros
Cons
Too many! Management
Please stay awsy
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London24 August 2018
It's ok for 3 to 4 days .u are in trouble if you only spoke English. Which is not on .the staff and management don't spoke English in front of u .which is wrong.
Pros
No weekend
Cons
Break
Overall 4/10
Former Employees (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London1 July 2018
Overall I would say that the company is rubbish.if you speak anyone language besides Turkish, you get in trouble for it. The work force and the way things are done could be done way better. But the only hood side is that you gain experience but with the cost of rubbish pay. If you end up working there good luck coping.
Pros
Experience
Great for 1 week.
HGV Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire14 February 2018
Very hard job, working hours are very flexible and u cannot planning nothing. You never know where you'll go tomorrow and what time u finish. Deliveres upstairs/downstairs, of course you have to carry the goods in your hands every day. Job title is "HGV Driver" but you're driver, cashier, cleaner, planner (u have to sorted your route day before).You need to listen customer complaints, even if it's not your fault, but the office or someone else. Agressive customers, less salary, hard job and many many more problems every day....
Pros
contract without agencies
Cons
everything else
Stay away
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire17 January 2018
If u like very hard work and be pushed by customers, this is the place for you. nice co-workers. You take a lot of money from customers, and every money shortages you pay from own pocket, even if someone will rob you. Most brits left already
Pros
free food from some of customers
Cons
Rude customers, bad management, up to 6 tonnes / 13k lb to handball alone, sometimes upstairs inside customer premises.
A great experience
Cashier/Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aston, West Midlands17 January 2018
I would highly recommend this job. They train you very well and someone is always there to help you out. Management is really good too. Everyone is very friendly and easy to get along with. I have learnt alot with this company and grew as a person. I have developed so many skills.
Even though it's quite tuff dealing with money and customers you will always get support wether its your former cashiers, managers or anyone else in the office.
Salary is good and you are given many opportunities.
Pros
Equal opportunities and great support from staff
fun work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Sidcup, Greater London8 January 2018
the company may seem small but it is a happy clean friendly environment to work in vary welcoming all staff get on well have bbqs and events in and out side of work and well recommended place to work for all ages
Pros
free drinks
Cons
some weekend work but if you ask nicly you can shift swap
Steady workload / Job security
HGV 2 Driver (Current Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London13 September 2017
As a driver the daily workload is almost same everyday, you go to same area with a helper, salary is good compared the market. The shift always starts at 6am from Monday to Friday, a typical day finishes in 8-9 hours. It is more of a physical job than driving. Management is approachable if you need anything from them.
Pros
Good salary, balanced workload
Cons
Physical job
Go jj go
Goods Receiving Manager (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire20 August 2017
It has been 10 years since I joined JJ Doncaster Branch. I had started as a night shift helper, with ongoing training and my hard work and strong work ethic, I have soon progressed to be one of managers at the depot.
It is a great opportunity to be part of Doncaster Team.I feel JJ will continue to grow across the country.
Pros
Good Team, Location, Good Management with a good working environment overall.
Immense Growth Potential
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire20 August 2017
Been with the company for almost 5 years, been a great experience.

Started as a Sales Assistance, was given an opportunity as a Logistic Planner within 6 mounts into the Job and again given an Opportunity as a Sales Manager in another Branch.

The Company and the management has constantly been supportive.

There are constant opportunities to grow within the company, If the work ethic's are right the company is ideal.

Management are flexible too, overall my experience has been great and with the company still growing there are so many things still to Learn and surely more Opportunities on the way.
Pros
Familyatmosphere, Great open culture, Good internal promotion policy, Great place to learn, Supportive Enviorment
Cons
Cant think of one.
Great for starting your careers
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Enfield17 August 2017
I've been working for JJ Food Service for some years now and this was my first job. I've grown from leaving uni without any experience, to being a senior member of the team fairly quickly, I've been given opportunities that i probably wouldn't have had in other companies. We don't get any benefits that are worth mentioning but if you work hard and show your enthusiasm, you can grow your career quite quickly. I've seen warehouse workers and cashiers become branch managers in a short amount of time. Its very easy to move around to other departments even if you don't have any experience. The other employees are also very friendly and make working here a lot better. Like any company, there are good things and bad, different departments operate differently but all in all i really enjoy working here.
Pros
Great career progression, friendly working environment, Flexible working
Cons
Not many employee benefits
Great place to grow your career
Employee (Current Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London13 August 2017
I have been nearly two years working at JJ and I really enjoy my job. Perfect place to learn and grow your career in a friendly atmosphere. Lots of internal job opportunities. Amazing team to work with.
Pros
Friendly office atmosphere, opportunities to grow, on job training
helpfull personal development, job security
Sales Assistant/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire12 August 2017
I have been working for JJ Doncaster branch almost 10 years..it is my first and only work place in UK. I can not forget how JJ (colleagues and management) helped me to improve my personal and professional skills. Everybody in Doncaster branch and other depots (communicate daily through phone and commutator app) are very friendly and helpful. The nature of the sales job is normally stressful and tiresome but at JJ all the colleagues help each other and this make everybody's job easier..
JJ is always expanding and usually trains internal staff for new management positions. This helps if you want to work hard and progress further on your career.
Pros
personal developments, helpfull management
Cons
starting salary is minumum wages but improves as you progres
A lot of work for small money
Warehouseman-picker/packer (Current Employee) –  Dagenham10 August 2017
Hard job. Bad management. Minimum wage. A lot of overtimes, paid but for the same money as regular time. Night shift paid the same as the day shift. No special benefits for employees.
Pros
Cons
I wouldn't reccomend to anybody
Co-operative and Immersive Teamwork
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London10 August 2017
Have been with the company a few years now, if you put yourself forwards and want to grow the opportunities are abundant. Colleagues in all departments are friendly and the company is always expanding.
Pros
opportunities, friendly colleagues