Jigsaw Employee Reviews

it is good if your aim is to work in retail
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  London15 October 2019
a very good brand with good products but lacking the openness towards its employees.
the uniform allowance is really a joke and I believe this needs to be revised.
Great company, fantastic staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester22 August 2019
I worked here while studying at uni. Flexible with my schedule and rota which was great once deadlines started come up. Loved my team and the clients. A really good job for creative people who love fashion. I loved it.
Hard experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London6 June 2019
You learn, that's right. But management team at that time where really tough. Good training, definitely a job that i will remember and I learnt a lot about sales. You can learn, but also you can be a good manager without making people cry. Don't worth the money.
Pros
free uniform
Cons
bad managing team
Loved volunteering here
Volunteer Administrator (Former Employee) –  South East23 May 2019
I was really disappointed that there were no permanent roles available when I started looking for paid employment. The staff were all very friendly, helpful and kind.
unorganised company
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London5 February 2019
you will spend lot of hours in stores.
the company does not want to upgrade themselves, they preferred to keep old managers who do not have talent or passion anymore for the company.
Pros
poor management
Cons
Supervisor/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walton-on-Thames, Surrey10 January 2019
Working at jigsaw was good as i got to meet new people everyday and get to know different customers everyday whilst attending to their needs. However, what i disliked about the company was the staffing. The staff were not very helpful or supportive and i felt that they did not work well as a team. On the other hand, it was a good place to work in overall, especially for those who have interest in fashion and wish to progress.
Pros
50% discount on clothing
Cons
delivery days
Helpful staff
miss helper (Former Employee) –  bideford n devon19 December 2018
Excellent place to work very easy going helpful and friendly atmosphere. Friendly staff who go out of their way for you. interesting and rewarding work
Awful
Hairdressing junior (Former Employee) –  Whitworth29 September 2018
Hated every minute of working there the boss was very horrible constantly moody and shouting and you.
Would definitely not work there again. It has since closed down
Pros
The work colleges
Cons
Horrible boss
Forgot to pay my salary.
worker (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire24 July 2018
I worked very hard, used to come back home with the pain on my hands and legs. Because of my problems with health I left Jigsaw warehouse. Last Friday was payday and I did not get my salary. I talk to them. Today is Tuesday evening, still have not got my salary
Where is respect for people? To make a payment last 10-15 minutes
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  brent cross30 April 2018
Jigsaw was a great job to work, very nice starff and great fashion to work with.
Very strong tearm work that we received the customer service award in 2011.
Voulenteer (Former Employee) –  Bury29 March 2018
Learning how to talk to people via games and through their disability is one beautiful event to have in your life, Jigsaw strive to make the best for their service users and this creates a friendly environment to make sure that the service users are having enough fun and meeting their basic needs, staff are required to make sure they are having fun and all included.
Pros
everyone is lovely
a valuable service
support assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnstaple12 March 2018
I Was a Support assisstant, my days were spent restoring furniture and upcycling as well as making a range of pallet furniture with a wonderful band of volunteers from a range of backgrounds who used Jigsaw as a vehicle to learn new skills, interact with others, build self esteem and find something they found enjoyable and fufillling. i provided support on an everyday basis and often one to one. All training from basic fire and health and safety for the volunteers was my responsibility and i co ordinated the daily activities, assigned duties, liased with customers including assessing the furniture, providing guidence on a range of finishes from shabby chic to french polishing. All work was supervised by me but for most part volunteers were shown how to and then encouraged to take on the projects themselves. The work culture was relaxed and fun, when quoting for customers long lead times were established so as not to put a time pressure on the volunteers who quite typically would only be attending the project once or twice a week. i worked with some fantastically fun and capable people who can be proud of what they achieved both in the work they produced and the atmosphere they created, an atmosphere that was warm. welcoming and understanding, each new volunteer quickly accepted, supported and encouraged.
The workpace culture outside of the workshop i would describe as corperate, in the sense that targets were set and expected to be got and sales and costs were a daily consideration. Jigsaw was a social enterprise, we had an enterprise expectation and aim to at least break
  more... even but our primary role was social. It was to provide support,training and guidence to marginalised people in the community and this role was provided exellently. The enterprise part handled by our owners Westward housing was challenging, we could only cover aprox 75% of all costs from our endevours comercially and therefore as a charity we had to apply for funding from various organisations and relying on the help of voluntary donations from the public and ultimately the good will and support from Westward who would carry any annual deficit on their books.
The hardest part of the job was trying to match financial expectations whilst trying to keep that as far away from the workshop as possible.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing people return week, by week, growing in confidence and self esteem and being able to look at what the achieved with pride, it was great to be able to provide assistance to those furthest from the jobmarket in a meaningful way. outcomes were individual and each person had their own personal need and expectations and i was poud to be a part of their journey.
Pros
atmosphere and outcomes
Cons
stress of trying to be comercially viable without the resources needed to achieve this
prodcutive fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nottingham7 February 2018
picking and packing and then dispatching
learnt to work in a team and work fast
mangement ok
workplace culture is ok
the hardest part of the job was getting there
the most enjoyable part of the was the free stuff
Pros
free partys
Cons
hours
Quiet and Well managed workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland5 February 2018
Great team work, all colleagues get along with eachother and upon my time at jigsaw they all made me feel more than welcome and all came across very friendly
fun workplace
retail sales assistant (Current Employee) –  High Street Kensington Station18 January 2018
I love working at jigsaw. Absolutely love the environment and the people and the rules. Only reason to leave is getting better wages. Flexible for holidays and leaves and people are adjusting and understanding.
Working for Jigsaw
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh15 January 2018
Jigsaw was an interesting company to work for as they had bold and exciting new ideas. I learnt lots from my time their from how to dress/style customers, to visual merchandising techniques. Some of the management were great and always very supportive. I enjoyed dressing customers and helping them find what they wanted.
Pros
Uniform allowance
Cons
flexibility
Watching the children grasp skills and concepts.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Guildford13 February 2017
Jigsaw is an independent CABAS school for children with an autism spectrum disorder. My time here was spent working 1:1 with the pupils working on an individualised curriculum. Applied behavioural analysis is a structural teaching programme undertaking a process of systematically applying interventions based upon the principles of learning theory to improve socially significant behavior. We use firm and accurate data collection in order to prove that the intentions that were used were responsible for the improved behavior. Here I developed phenomenally in controlling challenging behavior. My key responsibilities here were aforementioned working 1:1 with the child on their specific individualized programs, leading assemblies, covering classes across the school. Developed to become P.E teacher key responsibilities here were to plan and direct the lessons with evident planning and structure to the lessons.
Pros
Confident with challenging behaviour.
Cons
Hard not to take some situations home.
Professional and fun
Hairdressing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bromley11 December 2016
Not long hours, it is a really good job to have. The staff are really nice and very funny so there is never a dull day. The salon itself is very homely so everyone feels very comfortable.
Great people, but highly stressful enviroment
Contract Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Ashby-De-La-Zouch18 October 2016
A typical day can start anywhere from 07:00 to 10:00 depending on shift, and no matter which shift you are working there is no easing in to the day, its 100% from the get-go. Co-workers are amazing and some of the nicest, funniest people I have had the pleasure of working with, which is key to making it work as the job is extremely stressful. Everybody knows they are in it together, and the team is what ensures you go home at the end of the day with no lose ends to lose sleep over (although, you sometimes still lose sleep!).
Pros
Subsidised Starbucks coffee shop on site!
Cons
Long hours expected due to being an extremely busy transport office.
Excellent stepping stone
Contract assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashby-De-La-Zouch3 October 2016
During my time at Jigsaw I have been able to re-affirm my ability to work in a transport environment and have excelled in 3PL and 4PL logistics as a result.
The management and workforce at Jigsaw are generally very easy to work with and there is a real team ethic on the most part. This makes my working day much more enjoyable and drives an incentive to work hard and achieve company and personal goals.
This company is ideal for someone who has a good eye for detail and enjoys a friendly and relaxed workplace while working at a fast pace.
Pros
Excellent team, very approachable management team
Cons
Although there are promotion opportunities, progression can stagnate after a period of time