Jewson Employee Reviews

Waste of time
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire4 July 2018
Do not waste your time with this degrading, vile company. Everyone is out to ruin your day including the customers. was treated incredibly bad by management to the point where I physically assaulted by a member of staff and management stood and watched. Nothing was done so I left. After I left I was still owed 11 days pay. I have never seen the money even after months of phone calls, emails, And meetings. They honestly do not care for the staff. As long as you get a customer in and out of branch as quick as possible and rip them off as much as possible that's all that matters. Vile vile place!
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Poor pay, long hours, extremely poor managment, no training given, bank holidays dont exist in jewson, poor quality of products sold
many happy years
Yard supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dorchester13 June 2018
I spent many years at Jewsons. and really enjoyed my time, I worked in 2 different branches, and found the staff all very helpful and kind. the only down side was wages were not as high as needed.
Three years and all I see is incompetence and lies.
Yardperson driver (Former Employee) –  South East11 June 2018
Anyone under middle management is just a number. Give a nod towards H+S but I've seen so much covered up. Vehicles sent out in unroadworthy condition.
Pros
Staff discount.
Cons
Management don't have a clue and regularly lie to customers.
very poor
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow13 April 2018
for a company of its size and profit turnover the work is very heavy and the salary was very poor a lot of things where overlooked by management training and care for staff often being the case

i m sure its different now
Pros
pretty secure
Cons
poor salary
Good work place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Humberstone, Leicestershire29 March 2018
The job is ok.lorry driver.manager is a good person. Helped me a lot. Very happy with this company. The working programme is ok.fixed from 07 to 17.Monday to Friday
Pros
Good management
Cons
A good company to work for training etc was great
Tool Hire Manager (Former Employee) –  Salfords, Surrey24 March 2018
Would recomend jewson saint gobain they were a good company to work for, plenty of training provided one of the better builders merchants to work for your person rather than just a number like most.
good fun people make it
Glasgow Credit Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow23 March 2018
Excellent company to work for. Management and Staff are excellent and good development opportunities if that is what you are looking for. Enjoyable time whilst working there.
Pros
people
Cons
location
Its a Career!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Scotland21 March 2018
I have worked for Jewson for 5 and a half years. I began as a customer service apprentice aged 19 and now have my own branch aged 24. To anyone who says there is no job advancement obviously hasnt known where to ask, you get job advancement when you show you are hungry to progress. I have pushed and gained qualifactions with this company, even a foundation management qualifaction which is recognised all over the country. I have a 5 year plan and want to work towards the next step on the ladder. I have always felt supported in ALL my roles and have never felt over worked. Its a business which has a high standard regarding Health and Safety - everyone deserves to go home safe to their loved ones. Reading alot of these reviews I'm not surprised a lot of the "former emplyees" no longer work for this company with their rotten attitudes! It is a top employer in 37 countries all over the world and top employer in the UK 2018. After all, it is a business which thrives by making a profit.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
nothing
Positive
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent19 March 2018
GREAT COMPANY WITH AN ABILITY TO MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD.
If your willing to work and develop your self the ability to move forward is here. rewards those that are willing to push the limits and their own.
Pound of flesh
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  London27 February 2018
Expect the world but don't give the support to staff to carry out there day to day roles

To many middle management pulling in different directions to achieve the same goal which is customer satisfaction
Pros
perks
Cons
hours expected as a manager, KPI's
great benefits. can be frustrating
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport, Isle of Wight21 February 2018
your experience will depend on which branch you work at. training can be made in all areas but you may have to chase management for this. pay differs greatly across the country.
Pros
benefits, training, team building
Cons
poor rates of pay, staff turnover, blame culture
The transport staff is not too bad
Hiab Driver (Former Employee) –  Brackmills industrial estate,Northampton,NN47BQ24 January 2018
my advice is if you not white and English do not work here they very racist and they like to try and bully black people. I can promise you so black people better looking pass this one
Rubbish pay, expected to work for free
Hiab driver (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire11 January 2018
Big on health and safety when it suits them. Poor wages and expected to work Saturday and over time for no extra pay. Managers care more about profit than staff, nice when they want something but if you make simple mistake spoken to like dirt. Seems the more you do the more you get given because the seem to wanna look after the lazy staff and stitch up the good drivers.
Pros
Easy job just made hard by people flapping
Cons
Money poor, managment bunch of clowns
Not a bad company
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 January 2018
Worked for them for a a few years wanted to progress in the company tried many times but was never give the opportunity to progress and succeed to a higher roll
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Exeter26 December 2017
During my five days of work experience at Jewson, I felt include with the staff, I got on well with the daily tasks, the atmosphere was en eject and welcoming
Pros
I was allowed to go to the loo when I wanted and I got to eat my lunch wherever I wanted
Cons
Nothing bad about Jewson
Good company poor wages
HGV2 HIAB DRIVER (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe24 December 2017
I worked for jewsons they sent me on a weeks hiab training course put me up in a hotel. But once trained they put you out to make money. Each depot is a franchise all the managers are worried about is making as much money as possible. I think their health and safety is quite good .Only thing is cheap pay top management need to realise this
Pros
Varied work no nights out
Cons
Rubbish pay no overtime paid
Hard working and enjoyable work space
Counter and sales supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stroud, Gloucestershire21 November 2017
The job itself required full time concentration but you were almost always able to do so in a relaxed manner if done right. Great people to work with and an all round good job to have.
Useless
hgv hiab driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds31 October 2017
Constant pressure from management. Want jobs rushing out but when something goes wrong it's blamed on staff. Lie to customers and about what their staff are doing. Worst company iv ever worked for.
Pros
Going home.
Cons
Read above.
Terrible
Trade Counter Assistant / Sales (Former Employee) –  Ayrshire14 October 2017
Basic wages, conditions not great, too many suits that dont have the hands on experience to understand the day to day problems that the people "on the coal face" have to deal with. Room for progression but in my experience once promotion is achieved there is not enough support given. You are just a number in this company and it never feels as if you are a valued employee, I left for another job just after i got my 10 year service certificate and I havent looked back.
Pros
Very Little
Cons
Everything mentioned above
Good work environment
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe, Northumberland21 August 2017
I done a 6 month work experience at jewsons doing many jobs eg warehouse maintenance, helping customers, stacking delivery's and also making sure it was clean and safe.
Pros
Enjoyable
Cons
No job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jewson. Our community is ready to answer.