Jewish Care Employee Reviews in London

Fun place and rewarding
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London10 January 2019
Gained a lot of knowledge working in a volunteer position. I enjoyed helping to care for adults with channelling mental health and making a difference to their day.
Pros
Rewarding and working with a great team
Cons
No cons as a volunteer role, but if there was one it would have to be seeing people suffer with mental health
The organisation is looks after the Jewish community in the North of London and the South East of England.
Assistant Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  London31 December 2018
Working with people who survived the Holocaust, it has always been fun waking up in the morning and preparing yourself for work. The stories being told about their lives in the camps motivates you to deliver more and to client satisfaction.
It has been exciting with all the management team and the staff who work within my resource. The atmosphere is just as a family with a front of house working ethics.
There are challenges when you have to meet targets and deadlines for projects to be delivered, you have to put extra hours to complete the project. The best moments are when all the projects you initiated are delivered on scheduled and to satisfaction.
Pros
Free Lunch for staff who do long days.
Cons
Care staff do long hours.
well supported
Care Assistant (Nights) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 October 2018
typical day at work is busy, interactive, intense
person centered care
learn importance of health and safety
hardest part maintaining overall safety
Pros
good training
fun workplace
Day Residential Care Worker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 March 2018
very long day, but the customer are brilliant. started at 9 but then will finish around 5. during this time period i would work with the other voulunteer to look after the elderly.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long day
very chalenging and enjoyable
Site Facility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London21 July 2016
Working in one of biggest nursing and residential home in London with two hundred twenty one client is very challenging job as well as a learning process for me specially that English in not my first language. but it brings joy and fulfilment at the end of every shift when you know you have done your best to serve the resident.
Pros
free lunch, fuel allowance
knowledgeable
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  London, ENG26 March 2014
Work loads are stressful it depends how we carry them. I gained more knowledge in care industry when I joined the team. Management are supportive in some ways. The hardest part of the job is when we lost our service users. Inspite of the heavy work loads we use to have laugh in between of our handover and breaktime.
enjoyable & varied
mental health worker (Former Employee) –  London, ENG29 July 2013
no 2 days were ever the same. Most days were unpredictable as some of the day centre users could be quite violent & in a rage.

The work was rewarding & fulfilling.
Pros
long holidays, supportive work colleagues
Cons
had to work some sundays, job became insecure as many redundancies.
worked my way up to supervisor
Kier Managed Services - Contract Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London11 July 2013
this was a great place to work. I would spend my day visiting some of the 32 sites in and around London.
checking works to be done or works that had been completed.
Due to it being care homes, works had to be completed quick.
Pros
helping people
Cons
not getting the works done