Jewish Care

Jewish Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom31 reviews
Jewish Care is a very good place to work at:

It was a very supportive and welcoming place to work. I had the opportunity to discuss with my supervisor and with other senior staff about safe-guarding issues. I found the discussions very productive and thoughtful. I think they have helped me to understand the assessment process and making decision.

It was fascinating to see how my work was developing with time. Gradually, I was involved with specific mental health issues, and following it, was involved in professional decisions.

I liked to be part of Jewish Care staff.
Pros
I have the flexibility to work part time.
Cons
Working part time limited my involvement at work.
Minimum wagę ,not enough peapole to do The work. Good learning but everywer for sure Bether than in JC. Company . No respect for The peapole . Equipment over use.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
I have a good perspective on my performance.
I always properly execute the work tasks entrusted to me and that on time. Had it not been for the distance and the end of contract with them really I would not be part of this company
Pros
Free breakfast each morning
Cons
Over time
Productive and busy place of work though challenging sometimes because of the type of clientelle group and the members of their family /representatives.
Workplace culture is friendly but the organisation as a whole need to put in more resources into developing their own staff into manageriel posts than employing from outsides.

Overall management is supportive
Very good and friendly place to work, fantastic community. good relations between staff and clents. good relations between staff and management. familly atmosphere
U have to know.kosher cooking with is not a benfit but can help with the job....and fun learning it and adapting to the job and your skills....its a nice open kitchen to work in
Very informative and overall positive experience. I love the fact that everyone has good communication and a great understanding and respect for one another in the aspects of faith, beliefs and as individuals. i can also value the way that they seek knowledge and information of not only their faith but all the others as well.
the only good thing is you can pick up a shifts from any Jewish care as a bank,every time we looking for cutlery for feeding,drinking glasses,some times one hoist for the home,one standing hoist for the home of 74 residents, my manager talks to you as you are nobody
my manager doesn't give you chance to explain yourself,she get at mad at you if you want to talk, all the good old staff has gone the management think nothing is wrong?
Management not supportive when you are bullied,management bullies people for being ill,you can't go for holiday when you need,you forced to work overtime,colleagues not polite at all ,proper equipment not provided, unfairness with the rota,you forced to work over the weekends,you forced to work 7 days without a break, always short staff so workload are not reasonable,management do not no respect workers, patronise them.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Possibilità di carriera all'interno dell'azienda grazie ad una politica formativa precisa e attenta ai bisogni di utenza e lavoratori.
Ho imparato tutto cio' che si possa apprendere nell'ambito dell'assistenza alla persona e alle buone pratiche di inclusione sociali.

Ho imparato la lingua Inglese, ho imparato a lavorare in una squadra e a valutare gli esiti del lavoro svolto.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Jewish Care?
I do enjoy working here, it can be hard, taxing, in fact, all the adjectives but there is good camaraderie here because we all need to work together and we do. Everyday can be a challenge but having people that you trust to do their jobs and help out others too is very rewarding for all.
Gained a lot of knowledge working in a volunteer position. I enjoyed helping to care for adults with channelling mental health and making a difference to their day.
Pros
Rewarding and working with a great team
Cons
No cons as a volunteer role, but if there was one it would have to be seeing people suffer with mental health
Awful company.. All the managers are a click and back up each other's vile behavior.. No support if you are being bullied and harressed and I was bullied and harressed on a regular basis.
Cons
Working with people who survived the Holocaust, it has always been fun waking up in the morning and preparing yourself for work. The stories being told about their lives in the camps motivates you to deliver more and to client satisfaction.
It has been exciting with all the management team and the staff who work within my resource. The atmosphere is just as a family with a front of house working ethics.

There are challenges when you have to meet targets and deadlines for projects to be delivered, you have to put extra hours to complete the project. The best moments are when all the projects you initiated are delivered on scheduled and to satisfaction.
Pros
Free Lunch for staff who do long days.
Cons
Care staff do long hours.
typical day at work is busy, interactive, intense
person centered care

learn importance of health and safety

hardest part maintaining overall safety
Pros
good training
Nice home to work in
Lovely residents

Management are ok

Long shifts 12 hours

Free on site parking

Meals on site

Modern home with lovely residents
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
very long day, but the customer are brilliant. started at 9 but then will finish around 5. during this time period i would work with the other voulunteer to look after the elderly.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long day
great place to work, great people and a fun working environment.
delt with admin tasks and helped with day to day tasks that needed doing. I would recommend this job to anyone who has an interest in marketing and events for charities
very busy every day. some pleasant staff. senior and management hard to get on with. demanding role. flexible hours possible.
modern offices. computer issues.
Pros
onsite parking and cafe. subsidised lunches
Cons
working in 2 different offices wasted time
Well structured and you get to meet lots of patients and form relationships.
The management was very good, we had lots of meetings arranged and seminars to improve ourselves in the workplace
Overseeing and managing all operational issues including production, quality, customer satisfaction, finances, HR etc. to ensure that we deliver an exceptional service to all our clients and customers

I have learnt to successfully manage the business while meeting financial targets so that both the company and customer are winners.

The management support each other across the various departments so that as a team we all able to deliver on our strategic objectives of Promoting Wellbeing, Strengthening Community and Enhancing Value

I have learnt to work with people from all cultures, ethnic and religious backgrounds and to understand and acknowledge that although we are different we all have the same objective to deliver the same standard to our clients and customers with passion and commitment.

The hardest part of the job is managing staff and resolving situations of conflict as well as dealing with demanding clients and customers

The most enjoyable part of the job is wining them over, keeping them happy so that they are satisfied with the service so that they come away with a positive experience
Pros
Working with wonerful management and staff
Cons
Demanding hours due to nature of the business