Jewish Care Employee Reviews

Rules not clear ,workload not resonable
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex10 July 2019
Management not supportive when you are bullied,management bullies people for being ill,you can't go for holiday when you need,you forced to work overtime,colleagues not polite at all ,proper equipment not provided, unfairness with the rota,you forced to work over the weekends,you forced to work 7 days without a break, always short staff so workload are not reasonable,management do not no respect workers, patronise them.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Investono nella formazione del proprio personale
Residential social Worker (Former Employee) –  Greater London13 May 2019
Possibilità di carriera all'interno dell'azienda grazie ad una politica formativa precisa e attenta ai bisogni di utenza e lavoratori.
Ho imparato tutto cio' che si possa apprendere nell'ambito dell'assistenza alla persona e alle buone pratiche di inclusione sociali.
Ho imparato la lingua Inglese, ho imparato a lavorare in una squadra e a valutare gli esiti del lavoro svolto.
Hard work but good fun
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Golders Green10 May 2019
I do enjoy working here, it can be hard, taxing, in fact, all the adjectives but there is good camaraderie here because we all need to work together and we do. Everyday can be a challenge but having people that you trust to do their jobs and help out others too is very rewarding for all.
Fun place and rewarding
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London10 January 2019
Gained a lot of knowledge working in a volunteer position. I enjoyed helping to care for adults with channelling mental health and making a difference to their day.
Pros
Rewarding and working with a great team
Cons
No cons as a volunteer role, but if there was one it would have to be seeing people suffer with mental health
Awful place
Receptionist/Telephonist and housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Essex2 January 2019
Awful company.. All the managers are a click and back up each other's vile behavior.. No support if you are being bullied and harressed and I was bullied and harressed on a regular basis.
Cons
The organisation is looks after the Jewish community in the North of London and the South East of England.
Assistant Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  London31 December 2018
Working with people who survived the Holocaust, it has always been fun waking up in the morning and preparing yourself for work. The stories being told about their lives in the camps motivates you to deliver more and to client satisfaction.
It has been exciting with all the management team and the staff who work within my resource. The atmosphere is just as a family with a front of house working ethics.
There are challenges when you have to meet targets and deadlines for projects to be delivered, you have to put extra hours to complete the project. The best moments are when all the projects you initiated are delivered on scheduled and to satisfaction.
Pros
Free Lunch for staff who do long days.
Cons
Care staff do long hours.
well supported
Care Assistant (Nights) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 October 2018
typical day at work is busy, interactive, intense
person centered care
learn importance of health and safety
hardest part maintaining overall safety
Pros
good training
No issues here
Domestic Cleaner / floorman (Former Employee) –  Brighton7 August 2018
Nice home to work in
Lovely residents
Management are ok
Long shifts 12 hours
Free on site parking
Meals on site
Modern home with lovely residents
Pros
Free lunch
fun workplace
Day Residential Care Worker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 March 2018
very long day, but the customer are brilliant. started at 9 but then will finish around 5. during this time period i would work with the other voulunteer to look after the elderly.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long day
jewish care
intern (Former Employee) –  north London7 September 2017
great place to work, great people and a fun working environment.
delt with admin tasks and helped with day to day tasks that needed doing. I would recommend this job to anyone who has an interest in marketing and events for charities
jewish care home
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Friern Barnet22 June 2017
very busy every day. some pleasant staff. senior and management hard to get on with. demanding role. flexible hours possible.
modern offices. computer issues.
Pros
onsite parking and cafe. subsidised lunches
Cons
working in 2 different offices wasted time
Productive, fun and rewardoing
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Finchley, Greater London11 June 2017
Well structured and you get to meet lots of patients and form relationships.
The management was very good, we had lots of meetings arranged and seminars to improve ourselves in the workplace
Challenging and Rewarding
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  North London, Greater London5 June 2017
Overseeing and managing all operational issues including production, quality, customer satisfaction, finances, HR etc. to ensure that we deliver an exceptional service to all our clients and customers

I have learnt to successfully manage the business while meeting financial targets so that both the company and customer are winners.

The management support each other across the various departments so that as a team we all able to deliver on our strategic objectives of Promoting Wellbeing, Strengthening Community and Enhancing Value

I have learnt to work with people from all cultures, ethnic and religious backgrounds and to understand and acknowledge that although we are different we all have the same objective to deliver the same standard to our clients and customers with passion and commitment.

The hardest part of the job is managing staff and resolving situations of conflict as well as dealing with demanding clients and customers

The most enjoyable part of the job is wining them over, keeping them happy so that they are satisfied with the service so that they come away with a positive experience
Pros
Working with wonerful management and staff
Cons
Demanding hours due to nature of the business
enjoyed this job
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire21 April 2017
this home was laid back and I was able to spend quality time caring for residents. the management was very good and enabled me to enjoy working here..
very chalenging and enjoyable
Site Facility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London21 July 2016
Working in one of biggest nursing and residential home in London with two hundred twenty one client is very challenging job as well as a learning process for me specially that English in not my first language. but it brings joy and fulfilment at the end of every shift when you know you have done your best to serve the resident.
Pros
free lunch, fuel allowance
Voluntary
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Wincanton8 July 2016
I carried out the duties at Jewish Care to help out with the elderly, cut the grass, plant flowers and carry out light duties.
Great place to work.
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  West Hampstead4 March 2016
Jewish Care is a very good organisation to work for. Lots of opportunities for development and staff are offered tremendously support.
Pros
free lunch
decent work very enjoyable
Assistant Handyman (Former Employee) –  Muswell Hill20 January 2016
It was a wonderful experience working at the home the staff were all excellent and I was treated very well. I was kept busy and gained many transferable skills
challenging and rewarding
Senior Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Golders Green, ENG19 October 2015
Management of all the financial accounts, menu writing, looking after staff, managing holidays and sickness, staff grievances, payroll.

Making decisions in General Managers Absence

Look after customers dealing with complaints, writing hospitality quotes and working with clients regarding functions.

Recruiting and training all new staff
Pros
Good Benefits, flexible working arrangements
Cons
Long drive around the A406, parking a nightmare
knowledgeable
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  London, ENG26 March 2014
Work loads are stressful it depends how we carry them. I gained more knowledge in care industry when I joined the team. Management are supportive in some ways. The hardest part of the job is when we lost our service users. Inspite of the heavy work loads we use to have laugh in between of our handover and breaktime.