Jet2.com and Jet2holidays
Information from Jet2.com and Jet2holidays:

Jet2.com and Jet2holidays Employee Reviews for Flight Attendant

Flight Attendant42 reviews
United Kingdom42 reviews
A very fast paced environment, unsociable hours and don't get many weekends off and extremely hard work, but you fly with amazing people, no day is the same.
Pros
Nice crew, good benefits
Cons
Unsociable hours, no weekends off
It is an amazing company to work for. All staff are so friendly and we do all really work together as one team. Long hard hours but they are so worth it!
good work enviroment, very friendly, all staff were willing to help when help was needed, just wish I could have been there longer but due to covid-19 I lost my contact.
I absolutely loved my time at Jet2.com, all the cabin crew are welcoming and friendly. The salary is amazing however you do work for it! Some days can be as long as 14 hours with little or no break at all but it is totally worth it for the amazing pay check!
Pros
Pay check/friendly colleges
Cons
Good company to work for, friendly staff, commision on sales, smart uniform, supportive management, great training facilities. Made a lot of good friends during my time there
If your face fits your be ok!! Long hours non stop on your feet. Not alot of chance to eat or drink. Some senior cabin crew can make your life difficult if they take a dislike to you.
Money is good and you can make friends but be careful a lot of trouble courses, snitches, clicks.

You can’t book leave it’s always booked up so you have no chance getting a week of unless it’s winter.

- No weekends off they tell you In training how fantastic it is all the perks etc.

- Unfortunately they miss out what’s actually the truth.

- You don’t get breaks.

- NO weekends off

- if a family member dies no compassion it’s supposed to be at the managements discretion if you get paid so if your not a close friend unfortunately you have to take it as un paid.

- if you want a promotion you need to be overly nice sorry to say or unless you have family members that work their then you have no problem in getting a promotion.

- Management are mostly lier’s & bullies, Including an older trainer. it’s all based on face fits lots of clicks but their friends with management so they can get away with it.

- the management use the kitchen as a slagging of crew room I’d love to get my hands on the cctv that’s in their.

- many crew have mental health issues thats down to the managements behaviour.

- if you speak up you’ve no chance in a promotion sorry.

- theirs a big turnover of staff

- they say theirs a point system to get promotions but you can’t have a copy. If they don’t like you and you ask to see the point system they’ll remove points to look like you’ve not gained enough.

- your brought in for meetings over silly things treated like a child.

- if the management don’t like you they’ll bring you in for a meeting then twist the truth so you can get a disciplinary
 - more...
I was employed as Cabin Crew for Jet2.com and Jet2Holidays based at East Midlands Airport for the 2019 Summer Season. I have split my experience in to both pros and cons of working for Jet2 below which I hope people will find useful when deciding to apply for a role as Cabin Crew based at East Midlands Airport.

Pros:

- Potential to come out with between £2-3k after tax and insurance deducted. You get good flight duty allowance, sector pay and commission.

- Free Airport parking and shuttle bus to the Airport terminal.

- Getting to stay at the Hampton by Hilton when you have to cover at Stansted (this hotel is fairly new and is right next door to the crew room at Stansted). You get a free breakfast every morning, however the rooms do not have fridges so you can't keep anything cold. You can also be sent to Birmingham for cover and get to stop at the Hilton (again this hotel is on the doorstep of the airport). You get a free breakfast and they do have fridges in their rooms. You also get 20% off at both hotels on food and drink.

- Fairly easy online application process, telephone interview, assessment day and face to face interview. You also get to choose which base you're based at. My advice - choose either Stansted or Birmingham if you're able to relocate as there's more chance that you'll be made permanent in no time and the career progression route is quicker.

- You get a free bottle of crew water on every flight, some crew take the Robinsons squash'd squishy with them to turn their water into juice. You may get the odd meal on-board if a passenger who has pre-ordered
 - more...
Such an intense job. You get different things thrown at you every single day to deal with. No emotional support from management. Most of the crew are going off sick because they can’t cope witch being worked like dogs but get absolutely no thanks or any appreciation shown to us. Never get weekends off. Work 9-15 hours most days. Bully culture.
the salary is one of the highest within the industry, you have to be 100% flexible, rosters are only given a month before and always change before. customer orientated job, every day is different.
I’ve worked for JET2.COM since 2017. The company itself is growing dramatically although staff turnover is poor. Little to no support off the management team.
Pros
People who you work with. Free airport parking.
Cons
Pay for your own training, Long hours, Delays, Management, Fixed Term Contract, NO Benefits, Treats customers better then their staff.
I enjoyed working for the company but when I got pregnant they didn’t bother giving me a permanent contract. A lot of my colleagues who had more sick days than me got given permanent. And while being pregnant I still managed to get into work with with less sick days other people had, I got treated unfairly by some managers (stansted) and half of them did not know what their job duties were as managers but still got promoted. And they had favouritism to their friends/colleagues and people who were not their friends got treated poorly. I have met the owner and he’s a good person who cares about he’s employees, but the managers are horrible and go on like they own the company. So many incidents I would take to court but it’s not the person who caused the incident that would suffer but jet2 so I did not go for it.
Pros
Good salary, enjoyed my job, good benefits, career building opportunity
Cons
Most staff were lovely however working 14 hour days without a break was so hard even days off were spent catching up on desperately needed sleep.
It's all sell sell sell and that's how you make good commission however the goal posts were constantly moved so you made less and less.

You have to pay for your own training and accommodation whilst training.

Was told I would get at least one weekend a month off but never got one!
Pros
Most colleagues
Cons
Long hard hours
Growing company with the focus on customer service.Good progression prospects an salary is above industry standard. Hours can be unscocial due to early starts (3am) for flights going out first thing and this should be taken in to consideration.
Pros
Free uniform, excellent training
Cons
Long hours, early shifts
You will not have much sanity left after a season. The pay is fairly decent but only if you work your hardest to meet the extremely high and in situations impossible sales targets in order to gain comission. It's a good thing that the majority of the job is spent in the air away from management because unless you kiss their feet they won't exactly care for you...just another number to them. Your crew will really be the only part of the job that keeps you going, and even then you still have crew that think they're above everyone. Also dont expect breaks so make sure you eat before you fly because you will be expected to keep going for 8 hours without a bite to eat. Some days were extremely enjoyable and you would leave happy,but alot were spent feeling exhausted and underappreciated by passengers and higher ranking staff.
Other than that...great job
Pros
Lovely crew
Cons
Long hours with no proper breaks
This is by far the worst company I ever worked for. If you have any gripes, their answer was "well there's the door". They even dock your wages if you go sick and take money off staff if stock goes missing.
It's a big fat cat greedy company where unless your face fits, you won't progress.

Stick with a "real" airline, not this Micky mouse one.
Pros
Not many...
Cons
Disgusting way they treat staff!
Enjoyable job however ruined my bad rostering, with a lack of benefits and very bad management. Hardest part of the job is definitely management, and the workplace culture is very mean and includes lots of gossiping and the cons out way the pros of the job, happy to have left and wouldn’t return.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management, bad rostering, no company benefits
Great place to work, encouraged to come up with innovative ideas to sell and ensure passengers have a great holiday. Continuous training and it is very rewarding
great commission, friendly environment, promotion opportunities, trainer provided, 24/7 support, good holidays, discounts, training every year, fast paced environment.
A typical day at work is at least 14 hours +
Most weekends and sometimes working 10 days before a day off

Would not recommend if you want a work life balance
Pros
Cons
Long Hours. Poor Pay
Very friendly company to work for. Good wages and good incentives for crew to push on board sales if that's your thing. They seem to genuinely care about crew's well being and encourage them to report any safety concerns, confidentially if need be. The crew is very varied - all ages from all walks of life, an interesting mix. You'll learn new skills and make good friends. A typical day can last 12 hours or more so if u like your lie ins and clubbing every weekend, this isn't for you. If you enjoy meeting new people, developing your current skills and learning new ones and you are happy to work 5 or 6 days in a row getting up or going to bed at stupid o clock, it might be right up your alley. It's a hard slog at times and customers can be very rude and demanding - and you're meant to take it on the chin with a smile! You'll need to maintain good uniform standards throughout the day and your knowledge regarding safety procedures etc needs to be spot on - regular revision will help. Don't let your knowledge get stale - crew will be offloaded if their knowledge is not up to scratch in the safety brief. This is my second airline job and I still maintain it is 100% the best job in the world. Some crew are sales driven while others are all about the customer - when u work as one team you'll have a great flight and make money. There are many roles within the company so if cabin crew isn't what you expected, don't just leave! Ask what other roles you can apply for.
Pros
Meeting new people. Ongoing learning. Varied shift pattern. Chance of promotion
Cons
There's always that one customer you can never please!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jet2.com and Jet2holidays. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9