Jefferies LLC Employee Reviews

Dynamic but challenging workplace
Senior Vice President (Current Employee) –  London,29 March 2018
the company has grown rapidly in London over the last 10 years and as such culture is not yet defined, and the business is mostly run out of New York with management in London having little say

this has created a dysfunctional culture which needs addressing. that said colleagues are generally nice, hardworking people who just get on with their work

the company would be phenomenal if the aforementioned issues were addressed
Pros
flexible working, good benefits
Cons
long hours, tough targets
Great experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 March 2018
My 2 day work shadowing at Jefferies International Bank was one not to forget. I had a fantastic time and everyone there was very welcoming and I gained a real insight to how a bank operates, as this was my first time.
Productive and Simultaneous Multiple Hats
Assistant Vice President - Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  London14 December 2017
.Mostly routine until the Business Analyst has to become a Support Analyst as well as a QA Analyst
. Learnt new Business practices and improved knowledge on industry standards
.Management just ok
.Work and more work has to be done but overall manageable
.Getting users to move on from traditional systems and practices
.Positive feedback from users once work is to their satisfaction or on quick turnaround
Pros
Half yearly health checks
Cons
Not much growth
Productive and Fun place of work.
Network Engineering (IT) - Vice President (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 October 2017
Brilliant team of talented individuals and hardworking. Good place to work. It is a very busy and high pressure environment with a lot of demand of your personal time as a result poor work/life balance.
Pros
excellent corporate benefits
Cons
long hours and weekends
Nimble and growing investment bank
Sales (Current Employee) –  London6 September 2017
Good culture with driven and optimistic top management. Limited formal training given on the job and systems could be improved but the people who work there are friendly.
Fun place to work
Team Lead - KYC/AML Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 August 2017
I enjoyed Jefferies as it was a new team and I was the most experienced team member so helped compliance with procedures and their policies and was the go to person for all KYC/AML matters within the bank.
Pros
Cons
Office Politics
Productive and fun place
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 August 2017
Great company to work for. Typical day included resolving complex issues successfully. Great learning experience in terms of wireless infrastructure which was handled by myself internationally.
Exciting and Challenging
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 June 2017
I am an incoming summer analyst and I will be rotated in different teams within fixed income department.
I am looking forward to work there this summer as I will have lots of opportunities to work with senior people and learn more about fixed income.
Good mid-market bank
TMT Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  London12 April 2017
Good exposure
Corporate culture isn't very open minded
Several scandals has hit its reputation over the past few years
Lost its independence
Pros
Senior bankers
Positive Internship
Internal Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 December 2016
Spent part of Summer within Internal Audit, mostly on research, creating briefing notes etc
Good initial experience; particularly good for learning to operate in an ethical corporate environment.
Management was great, spent a lot of time reviewing work, helping me improve.
Co-workers were fine, diverse set of personalities, mostly very professional.
Hardest part was the hours, have to work consistently well throughout a long day.
Positives were that there was trust in me to work effectively as a part of the team, absolutely felt included.
Pros
Inclusivity, professionalism and quality of work
Cons
Tough hours, high expectations and politicking at higher management.
Interesting place to work
EMEA Marketing & Communications Associate (Current Employee) –  London30 October 2016
There's opportunity for growth, although the pay packet isn't great. They are flexible (depending on department) about working hours.