JDR Cable Systems

JDR Cable Systems Employee Reviews

Worst place I’ve ever worked
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Hartlepool16 January 2020
Constant threat of being sacked as only agency, dead birds all over the place, massive blame culture from shift to shift no one really has any idea what they are doing no chance to progress or chance of pay rise very unsafe place to work old run down machines that just get botched
Good Charity events
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Littleport8 October 2018
Good charity events within the company and social events. The communication about the charity events are very good. They had monthly meetings to discuss the charity events.
Great people
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Littleport, Cambridgeshire30 April 2018
A great place to work and very health and safety conscious. High quality products but not very organised with training in new skills. Good pay but sadly due to a drop in sales they have made a lot of redundant.
Pros
Good rate of pay
Cons
Slow to train people
Apprentice Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hartlepool, Durham17 July 2017
Served a four year apprenticeship at JDR and it was a good place to work as it gave me the education I needed to better myself in industry. they allowed me to be involved with all aspects of the manufacturing industry.
Productive and a good place to work
Quality Surveillance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Hartlepool21 June 2014
My shift starts off with paperwork checks on the process machines. I have to check that all dimensions are correct and within spec, check that all product used has been put on the sheets for traceability. I do this on 2-3 process areas. I have to sit in morning meetings and go through the production and any other issues in the last 24hrs. I have to do goods inwards inspection on various parts, whether its for test and terminations, production or maintenance. I work closely with test & terminations witnessing any tests being carried out and reporting back to my manager with any concerns.
Sine working here I have learnt a lot about power cables, umbilical's and subsea parts. The people who I work with are very professional at the scope of work that's in place here.
The most enjoyable part of the job is probably when the cable leaves the factory, either by sea or road . This to me means that everyone has worked together and completed the task in hand and also provided the customer with their product with no problems.
Pros
Continentil shift work
productive work place
manual handling operative (Former Employee) –  littleport9 February 2013
typical day at work would be driving forklifts to load/unload lorries, packing cables on the drumsdriving a 52 tonne forktruck around yard.ive learned how they make cables and drive bigger forktrucks and cherrypicker.i got on with the management and done what was asked of me.got on with all the lads a good bunch of blokes.hardest part of the job would be driving the 52 tonne forktruck fully loaded being guided by three other people telling you where to go.the most enjoyable part would be looking foward to new challenges.