JCT600

JCT600 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom50 reviews
The guys offer a "trainee" programme which in any sense of the word is slave labour. Expected to work full hours, contribute to the site with no incentive of commission so working on basic salary.
They have no formal assessment in place to sign you from being a trainee to a sales exec (all down to personal opinion) meaning they can work you like a slave until you break

Management make it clear if they don't like you and trip you up repeatedly and cause you to fail

If you're giving car sales a try, don't try hear
10 February 2020
We are sorry to hear your time with JCT600 wasn't a successful time. As you are aware our Trainee programme gets rave reviews and there is indeed two formal assessments. As with any former employee if you would like to raise any issues you have with HR then please contact us.
My personal experience at working for JCT600 can be compiled into one sentence. Treat with the upmost contempt and witch hunted forcing me to leave the company. Management are a joke, narcissistic and hugely ego driven. Talk to you like an idiot when in my case, more than likely the most intellectual people in the building. The majority of emails from head office have simple and grammatical mistakes
Good place to work. Has a lot of opportunity and potential to progress. Well known company and has many recognised awards. Customer have confidence in the company.
Your just a number to churn out as much profit as possible. Shouted at and no respect in the slightest from management. People you work with on the shop floor itself are amazing though.
16 January 2020
We would like to take this opportunity to say how sorry we are to hear this feedback following such a positive outcome from our annual employee engagement survey. As with any feedback like this we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you. We would really like the opportunity to address these points and would welcome you to give HR a call via the main number to discuss in more detail.
I would not recommend ANYONE to work for this company.
The atmosphere in the VLS office is awful with management bullying and playing employees off each other.

One person in particular made my time at JCT horrendous. Even though multiple people had put complaints in against her previous to me (and some even leaving because of her), when I took my complaint to HR nothing happened. She is a nasty bully and has caused nothing but trouble in her time at JCT, but some how manages to get away with it. This sums up how JCT operate.

Anyone I have spoken to since leaving this company have all said it was the best decision they ever made. It certainly was for me.

It's a shame when there are some lovely, hard working people in the company that they are letting the bad ones continue to work there.

The reviews speak for themselves.
6 January 2020
Firstly we are shocked and disappointed to read this review. As you will remember from your time with JCT600 we conduct an annual employee engagement survey and this really doesn’t reflect the feedback we got from the VLS business. We would really like the opportunity to address these points and would welcome you to give HR a call via the main number to discuss in more detail.
it was a fast paced enjoyable place. the staff was really nice and not once did i feel alienanated on work experience. it is really easy to get to and there are plenty of facilities nearby.
Pros
location
Cons
Manageress ( stacey) was brilliant. Structure below her was poor with little or no knowledge of management techniques . Sales manager was inept, and warehouse manager struggled to control a workforce who showed little respect for the work to be done.
Some nice people to work with.
Management are friendly and approachable.

Have to deal with some horrible customers but there are plenty of really nice ones too.
Good company to work for, spend money on what's needed to do things, a company that makes money year on year, has a good relationship with the vehicle manufacturers, always reinvesting back into the company. And I would work for them again but not if bullying started again.
Pros
Good lads in workshop
Cons
My time poor managers and bullying by managers only reason I left the place I worked at.
Great culture - very supportive and open to feedback on new ways of working. Benefits good. Strong player in the market - forward thinking. Very happy at JCT600.
Pros
Culture, investment in employees development
I have been here 5 years now and the company have been super supportive and helped me progress my career. They really do work hard to ensure all colleagues are well looked after and they feel needed.
JCT600 did nothing but damage my confidence, self esteem and mental health, it’s not a place I would recommend anybody to work or even seek work. In my job that I did I needed to pass calls on and no one would answer the phones. Especially service. Management constantly dragging you down.
9 September 2019
We are really sorry to hear that you have left JCT600 feeling this way, this isn’t something we would want for anyone that has worked with us. I’m sure through your time with us you would have seen the work and involvement we have with Ben, an automotive charity that helps support colleagues with issues such as mental health within the industry. If you feel this way we would be more than happy to put them in touch with you. As always we welcome feedback and would urge you to contact the HR team directly to discuss this further.
Although the CSC is a target driven environment it is a great place to work. There are opportunities for progression and senior management will help you to progress to where you want to be. Average salary with a good bonus scheme if you are hitting targets. The management is easy to approach and will always have time for you whether it is a personal or work related issue. I have worked in dealerships previously and the senior management was not as easy to approach.
The CSC is new/modern place to work, the staff are all friendly which are more like family.
Do not entertain this company EVER! This company needs shutting down. Management is disgusting/Appalling If you would love to be patronised swore at spoken to like a child, Told how rubbish you are DAILY, Hours of been made to feel like your worthless then come and have a go. COMPANY IS AN UTTER DISGRACE.
If you like a company that promises you the earth and delivers nothing, then this is the place for you! Enjoy walking round on egg shells, being shouted at, sworn at and being treated like a child? You’ll love it here!

Pros
Literally nothing
Cons
Double standards, favouritism, over worked, underpaid, bullying tactics
13 June 2019
We are really sorry to hear this feedback, JCT600 works hard to ensure all employees are looked after and are happy in their work. We would be more than happy to hear you thoughts and further feedback if you wish to contact HR?
Was at one time a good place to work but over the years things changed for the worse only good side was seeing the jct sign in your rear view mirror at 5pm
Pros
Good lads you worked with
Cons
Dont know where to begin too many
There are lots of team members on the shop floor trying there best for the company. The managers are so, so bad, some of them have no idea what they are doing, but they are so close to the managers above them, they are protected and all fit together perfect while the shop floor staff keep trying to turn out the work while nearly having a nervous breakdown and some really do have nervous breakdowns and leave.
Never worked at a place where bad managers are protected by such good hard workers.

The bonus for techys is a complete rip off DO NOT FALL FOR IT, all they do is change it all the time to pay managers more and workers less.

No matter what you do you never get any credit for it.

Don't recommend this company at all.
Pros
No real ones just big talk from managers
Cons
Bad wages. bad managers. not a good place to work at all.
Payroll department is two-faced, all sweet and pleasant to your face but completely uncaring when you're not looking. Avoid this company, it's just not worth your investing your valuable time and effort in.
Pros
Cons
Uncaring, two-faced, untrustworthy
Very busy fast paced work enviroment.If you do well you are well rewarded. The team around you help with the long hours. Everyone was helpful. Very busy all the time and very fast paced, problems were overcome.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Loved my job and the team but unfortunately senior management team didn't have a clue with regard Fleet! I hear it is now been given notice by numerous customers....shame on the Board...not sure what the owners of the company are thinking to allow this to go on.
Pros
Great peaole at the coal face
Cons
Senior managers exceptionally arrogant
I was a technician for jct600, and can honestly say that now I have moved on I am so much happier, they promise you the earth and underdeliver, when you point out issues to you're manager you are accused of being difficult. When someone hands in their notice the manager takes it upon himself to "break them" and even said that himself in front of other colleagues. Some members of staff can do no wrong, and others that management don't like get brought down. Loyalty means nothing here, a genuinely bad place to work with some people with massive egos in the workshop that will only shoot you down if you don't do things their way. If you're reading this review please don't apply for any jobs at jct600, especially jobs in the workshop as a technician, everything I have said is true, please save youreself the heart ache, I would rather loose everything I own than ever work at this place again !!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list