JCT600 Employee Reviews

Team mates are good. Managers are so bad
Technician (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire24 March 2019
There are lots of team members on the shop floor trying there best for the company. The managers are so, so bad, some of them have no idea what they are doing, but they are so close to the managers above them, they are protected and all fit together perfect while the shop floor staff keep trying to turn out the work while nearly having a nervous breakdown and some really do have nervous breakdowns and leave.
Never worked at a place where bad managers are protected by such good hard workers.
The bonus for techys is a complete rip off DO NOT FALL FOR IT, all they do is change it all the time to pay managers more and workers less.
No matter what you do you never get any credit for it.
Don't recommend this company at all.
Pros
No real ones just big talk from managers
Cons
Bad wages. bad managers. not a good place to work at all.
Two-Faced Management
Payroll (Former Employee) –  Bradford Head Office19 March 2019
Payroll department is two-faced, all sweet and pleasant to your face but completely uncaring when you're not looking. Avoid this company, it's just not worth your investing your valuable time and effort in.
Pros
Cons
Uncaring, two-faced, untrustworthy
Great place and good friendly workmates
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire12 March 2019
Very busy fast paced work enviroment.If you do well you are well rewarded. The team around you help with the long hours. Everyone was helpful. Very busy all the time and very fast paced, problems were overcome.
Pros
Team members
Terrible place to work
Former vehicle technician (Former Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire11 January 2019
I was a technician for jct600, and can honestly say that now I have moved on I am so much happier, they promise you the earth and underdeliver, when you point out issues to you're manager you are accused of being difficult. When someone hands in their notice the manager takes it upon himself to "break them" and even said that himself in front of other colleagues. Some members of staff can do no wrong, and others that management don't like get brought down. Loyalty means nothing here, a genuinely bad place to work with some people with massive egos in the workshop that will only shoot you down if you don't do things their way. If you're reading this review please don't apply for any jobs at jct600, especially jobs in the workshop as a technician, everything I have said is true, please save youreself the heart ache, I would rather loose everything I own than ever work at this place again !!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Treat staff poorly
BDM (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire23 October 2018
Absolute joke of a company, when I started with jct600 over 4 members of staff including some managment left within weeks. After a few months I understood why. No support or respect from senior members. Over worked and under paid.. made a big mistake leaving my old job on the false promises I was given. Stay well clear
Pros
Cons
Management attitude towards
Accounts department is not an ideal place to work.
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) –  JCT600 Accounts3 September 2018
Hi

I worked in accounts and my thoughts are as below.

Team members were very nice people. Overall work environment was very pleasant.

Standard of work is high as you would expect form a company of this size. I learnt a lot e.g. working under pressure to meet deadlines, attention to detail etc..

Good job security as most people in accounts department have service over 20 years.

Salaries in accounts department are significantly lower than market rate. Some say its the same across motor industry. I would say that you work to earn money and if you work here in accounts department you loose out on money.

Work life balance is not so good. To meet deadlines people some times have to come in on weekends through out the year. People stare at you if you finish on time. It is expected to stay at work for a bit after 5 O'clock

Management hardly every appreciates the hard work or extra hours that you put when you don't even get paid for it.

There were no opportunities for advancement. I didn't see anyone getting promoted. company is not expanding which could be a reason there are not many opportunities.

I have mixed feelings for this company due to above reasons. More negatives than positives.

If you have a better opportunity then please don't waste time and money here. If not then go head, you will learn a lot here and maybe after a couple of years you may get a much better opportunity because of your experience here.

Good Luck!
Pros
You will learn a lot
Cons
Less salary, no advancement opportinities, work life balance is poor
Dont go near the place!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire6 August 2018
It was the best place I worked and new management ruined it, all the good staff left and whoever is there is now are not happy! People who have been there years leave including myself, the turnover of staff is unreal.

Management talk to you like s$#@ and Can't say sorry when they are wrong. Also hypocritical!

The want blood from you, when you do something right they can't appreciate but if something wrong they are straight on top of you with threats.

Everything is run on a tight budget and they pressure you!

I once recommended 3 people to work there but now I would say stay clear!

Wages are rubbish and hours are long.

My team and lads were brilliant and other staff were great but everyone is miserable there.
Pros
Great facilities and staff
Cons
Management and wages
hard work good pay
Corporate Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire5 August 2018
Hard work constant pressure good pay and commission structure,
Working for a fleet dept customer understanding and instant response to queries need to be accurate and on time.
#Best Place To Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire17 July 2018
As the web site says - Best Place To Work, and it's really true.
Real caring and family atmosphere despite being such a large and progressive Group. Great rewards for hard work.
Pros
Opportunity to progress. Freedom to express your own views.
Demanding
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire10 May 2018
You are expected to do more and more as time goes by work long hours with nothing extra for it, not thought off even if you go above and beyond don’t consider a job or less you want to have no backing from any management or colleagues
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Long hours, rubbish wage, no thanks
Terrible stay clear
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom28 March 2018
Pushy doing more and more managers have disgusting behaviour towards staff they think they are better than you and try to belittle you however they don't know how to run a business too much booked in unorganized biggest pile of garbage I have ever known, a sinking ship with no structure, no career path, overpromises that are never delivered jct600 should hang there heads in shame as they don't care about customers and are all for more and more money.
Pros
Home time
Stable and friendly environment
VW Call Centre Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire9 February 2018
A stable company to work for. A nice friendly feeling, and although a large company, still feels like a family business.
Opportunity to grow and progress within the company.
Good HR policies.
Pros
Car Benefit Scheme
Cons
Long Hours
Official response from JCT600
1 March 2018

Thank you for your positive review this means a lot to the JCT600 business.

Great atmosphere
Customer Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire9 February 2018
JCT600 is an outstanding place to work and build on your career where hard work is expected and rewarded.

A great atmosphere to work in where you're a part of a fantastic culture and encouraged to advance using own initiative.

The Management are approachable, want to see you succeed and assist you to see you achieve your goals

I could not be happier or more proud to be a part of this fantastic family company and expect to be here for many years to come.
Pros
Excellent work life balance and opportunities
Technician
Technician (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, uk2 February 2018
Hard work but everything you need is provided. They expect you to work long hours but they compensate well compared to other similar companies. Good atmosphere
Sales (Current Employee) –  South Yorkshire1 February 2018
I have worked here for the best part of 3 years and loved every second. I have been given the opportunity to progress my career and skill set from the moment I joined. It's very people focused company which has been proven by being placed in The Times Top 100 companies to work for.
Pros
Training and progression
Top Company to Work For
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire29 December 2017
JCT600 is a great place to work. In my role I have enough freedom to make decisions and I have support from my team too. The company work towards being the "best place to work" and have a strong use of their values. Hard work is recognised and rewarded. The managers are encouraged to attend lots of people training to ensure that their teams are supported well and we build on the success made so far.
Pros
Great culture, supportive teams, strong values, good training and opporunties for development
Cons
I can't think of any
Bodyclinic
Panel Beater (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire8 December 2017
I am currently employed at the Bodyclinic. Fantastic place to work with great benefits. The quality of work that is produced here is fantastic. The staff are a decent set of people and everyone gets along nicely which is pleasant to see in a extremely busy and stressful environment. The only slight negative I have is the premise is not nearly big enough for the work load that comes through the shop (not really sure that’s a negative) it is very very busy which is good.

The Manager is sound and is very helpful, over all a good place to work. I can see myself settling in the company for many years to come.
Pros
Great company benefits
Cons
Wage could be better
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield Commercial Vehicles27 November 2017
I'm now in my 5th year with the company, this in itself says a lot. It's a great place to work, the staff and management are great and the owner knows every member of staff by name!
I get plenty of time off and the working days are no worse than you'd expect in this industry. Plus there is no micro management. You're trusted to get on and do the job.
Pay is fine (obviously everyone wants more money but I'm definitely not underpaid!)
I've held 3 roles within the company having been promoted twice and I'll stay here for as long as I possibly can as I enjoy it.
JCT600 is constantly in the Times Top 100
Pros
Family feel, job security, trust
Cons
No sick pay
False claims and promises
Head Office Role (Former Employee) –  Head Office5 November 2017
Having worked in a Head Office role for 8 years I can honestly say that the claims and ambitions to be the best place to work and shop are nothing more than marketing hype.
JCT600 are nothing special to work for they are just a "typical car dealer group" who show no loyalty to employees. Sometimes you feel valued sometimes you're paid well but it very much depends on how the companies doing at the time and who you're reporting into. If you're thinking of working there go into the interview with your eyes open and don't believe the hype.
Pros
Look's great from the outside
Cons
Empty promises and claims.
A genuinely brilliant place to work
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  MINI Bradford26 September 2017
A fantastic family company with lots of people who care. The senior management team are incredibly able and are always open to new ideas etc. Its a big enough company to hold its own but really has that family feel and isn't restrained by some of the things that can hold back big PLC's. If you have the opportunity to work here and the salary is right there is absolutely no reason not to join if you work hard you will be rewarded and given opportunity to progress.
Official response from JCT600
2 October 2017

Thank you for a great review and comments about working here at JCT600.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JCT600. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8