JCDecaux Employee Reviews

flexible working hours ( start times to suit)
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire22 August 2019
Working for JCDecaux has been a great experience,
great bunch of lads , friendley management

progression and promotions are available for the right people
Christmas bonus really helps out

alot of the old boys are jealous are the newer lads who always get the job done

the depot used to be a dark and miserable place with a bad atmosphere but since getting a new mangement team i feel valued and able to express my concerns with trust
Pros
flexibility, trust, fun management and the Christmas bonus
Cons
trackers on the van, jealous co workers and no overtime pa
Poor management and culture
People Administrator (Former Employee) –  Paddington, Greater London11 May 2019
Hierarchal team structure and lack of communication from management with too many egos! Non inclusive culture and many rules apply for some and not others. Im not convinced they understand the meaning of 'One Team'. Opportunity for progression, but limited to specific departments. Little to no planning in order to adapt to change. Very high turnover and unable to retain talent. The company has a lot of potential, however major changes must be made for the better. People Administrator position - if you want to gain experience it is the perfect role, yet very admin heavy! Individuals in the People Team can be very patronising most of the time.
Pros
Free healthy breakfast, annual bonus, early finish on Fridays
Cons
No diversity
Little room to grow
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 March 2019
I have received various training here, unfortunately none has helped me progress. Been promised lots of things and nothing ever materialised. Its an ok company to work for dependent on the team you work with.
Pros
Feel good friday
Cons
Expect you to be flexable but are not very flexable in return.
Steep learning curve but lad-culture was praised.
Sales Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  London28 November 2018
Depending on which team you are on, it can be great or awful. Luckily I was on a team of fun people however management strongly favoured the sales people and the co-ordinators were treated like doormats or scapegoats. I was often blamed for the sales teams mistakes or told to do parts of their work for them.

The office culture is very alcohol-fuelled and the office often smelt like stale alcohol on a Thursday or Friday. Lad-culture is often praised and breeds unpleasant people, my experience here taught me a lot and to stand up for myself more however I had to become someone I didnt like/want to be if I wanted to progress within the company.

On a positive note, I made some fantastic friends in this company that I have kept in contact with and the benefits for the sales people and upper management are good, just not so much for those lower down on the "food chain"
Pros
Friendships, self-development
Cons
No benefits for lower tier staff
Very Reliable company
Operation Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sydenham, Greater London24 October 2018
Over the years I worked at JCDecaux I learned so much about myself with all the tasks and challenges the company gave me. They trusted me with different responsibility over the years which prepared me for future opportunities.
Good job but management is frustrating
Digital field technician (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire18 September 2018
Company equipment/furniture is designed to be simple for ease of maintenance & reliability.
The field roles are ideal for an individual looking for an entry to intermediate level challenge as technical progression is difficult with no training or investment to allow specialty skill sets(company sub-contracts out technical jobs).
Management is approachable & will listen to issues but seldom take any action to resolve or alleviate concerns which can be frustrating at times.
Pros
Relatively secure job
Cons
No investment in staff development
Fun place to work
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 June 2018
Opportunities to work with amazing clients from small boutique business up to huge global brands. People are great, some real talent to learn and develop from.
Poor pay and excessive workload
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire27 February 2018
Expected to clean 50-60 bus shelters in 8 hours, working at 3am on a Saturday without extra pay even though promised by management, working with people that's been with the company for ten years plus and they are still as clueless as you.
Pros
Cons
Working alone in dangerous places and tines

Comment – 28 February 2018

One of the worst things was having to puck up the slack of others who had been with the company for a long time but some how think that excludes them from doing any.

good work
posting and maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  Glasgow24 February 2018
good working environment really enjoyed my time at this company enjoyed working out doors and enjoyed the Monday to Friday work left to do your work as long as it was up to company standerd
Pros
good hard work
Cons
Management need a better understanding of job roles
Regional Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Salford11 February 2018
Despite wanting to change the culture of the company with more involved HR and a change in management direction, the company still hasn't grasped how to keep hold of hard working and experienced managers. This boils down to a lack of investment by certain Directors in their staff and wanting to develop a team mentality in tackling problems. The job itself was really enjoyable with lots of autonomous decision making and self determination, though some support would not have gone amiss. I spent 50% of my time outside and 50% in the office, and the hardest part of the job was in pulling all the disparate parts of the business together to install an item of street furniture. The best part was in solving problems especially for clients.
Pros
Autonomous working
Cons
lack of management support
Busy and not very well paid.
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Belfast20 January 2018
Hard company to get settled in as a small number of staff are very standoffish. For all the time I was there the management seemed nice but very rarely seen them.
useless HR staff
Engineer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London24 November 2017
Nobody knows how to communicate i cant wait to leave. They do not know how to treat people......if i could give a 0 star i definately definately would
Pros
Cons
the HR staff
Good work/life balance but no progression and old-style management
Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  London9 November 2017
Fun company to work for - nice, very diverse group of staff there.
Interesting time to work in Out-of-Home advertising with all the new technology around.

However, very limited progression, bad pay and some of the senior team members can be quite intimidating and patronising at times. We are also constantly asked for feedback on the company but it is never acted upon.
Pros
Free breakfast, gym
Cons
Bad pay, old-fashioned senior management
good place to work
Install,Repairs and Electrical Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  London2 November 2017
I enjoyed my time at JCDecaux the people were very nice people to work with always helpful polite and made you feel part of a family.
looked after there staff
Average company to work for
Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  West London, Greater London18 September 2017
I only worked here for 3 months, but didnt find the work environment too good. It was very cold and dark an dingy. There was no natural light, as we were working in a warehouse.
Pros
close to home
Cons
bad environment
na
PA to Managing Director (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 August 2017
Working at JCDecaux allowed me to develop within my career quite a high staff turn over so lots of new staff all the time. allowed me to develop existing skills
Too much pressure for no reason. Lack of respect for women
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  London26 June 2017
Although the experience was extremely rich and taught me to work well under pressure, there was a true lack of good management and respect towards employees, especially women.

I had to learn the hard way, to manage myself and the rest of the team, especially as no managers would take the responsibility whenever the directors weren't happy with something (which often was for absolutely no reason).

The team was made up of about 15 employees, 12 of which were women, and 4 Directors, 3 of which were men. It would take more than my two hands to count the number of times I saw a woman crying because of the constant pressure from certain directors, which was 99% of the time objectively uncalled for.

The positive thing is that the general atmosphere forces us to grow and learn to adapt very quickly, however more than one people ended up with a nervous breakdown or in some cases, a burnout because of it.

For anyone who is considering this team, be aware that it is extremely hard.
enjoyable place to work
Logistics and Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brentford22 June 2017
JC Decaux was an excellent place to work. the staff were excellent and dedicated. however i found that management and planning were lacking in certain areas and felt as though the recognition some people deserved was not given.
Bad place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh15 May 2017
Really bad place to work no matter what you do they store not happy with your work pay is poor for what you have tobfobover worked and under played management is shocking
Pros
Non
Cons
Managnent and work
沒有人性的一間公司