Jark Employee Reviews

Terrible management
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire14 March 2019
They offer the worst driving jobs for new drivers ,and when they are really desperate they offer the good ones but only for a short while. You have to be really patient and financely great for the" good ones".
Pros
Fare pay
Cons
Bad management
Lots of Options
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk23 January 2019
I worked for Jark on several sites. The jobs that i had were,achievable and not too much work. I went to several locations and was always informed and given and overview of what i needed to do.
Pros
Various work, no boredom
Cons
Not hearing until the morning if you were needed
Healthcare department NOT organised.
Health Care Assistant and Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk21 January 2019
I joined Jark based on their promise to always give me shifts when I was available - this was not true! Agency work is handy for flexibility, however Jark shouldn’t be making promises it can’t deliver.
This company is definitely on the lower end of QUALITY, and I wouldn’t advise new carers to sign up with them as their is no support for the workers.
Pros
Weekly pay, flexible hours.
Cons
Low salary, management are not organised, long hours, no breaks, dangerous situations during shifts.
fun nice place
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Luton16 January 2019
enjoyed working here they are very nice and accomodating of your needs. you work in different environments and I enjoy meeting new people. you get to travel to different areas and work in different settings. you gain different experiences as well
Pros
nice employeers
Cons
pay
Difficult contact of employee matters
cutter (Former Employee) –  Attleborough3 January 2019
Difficult contact with head office, no response to requests and questions. No receipt of P45 documents. Often lack of work and long waiting for work.
bad memories
Stewarding (Former Employee) –  London, UK14 December 2018
they can get you work, but at a terrible wage, and a terrible kind of work. I suggest try find something else, they really will screw you if they want
Hgv 1
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire31 October 2018
Claire at Wakefield was fantastic to work with.
Always plenty of work, and good communication.
Never any issues with pay, and always on time.
Work placements were always explained well and suitable.
Pros
Regular work.
Cons
Temporary, as with all agency work.
Excellent company to work for
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Downpatrick, County Down1 October 2018
Have worked with Jark for a few years now and have always had a pleasant experience.

Staff in the office are friendly and helpful. If you need any time off at short notice they are always accommodating.
Flexible working hours and good rates of pay
Pros
Very rewarding job, good pay rates
Productive workplace
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge8 July 2018
Normal hours plus plenty overtime, meet nice people, learned to be focus and concentrate meeting deadlines and targets in a busy environment, learned to work independently or as an integral part of team.
Demanding
Healthcare Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Moira25 June 2018
This Job entailed working close with the elderly on a daily basis to help them through their day and to make their meals if needed.
it was sometimes a lonely job as it was usualy only 1 to 1 house calls.
Fun
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire9 June 2018
My typical day at work always got some free tea or coffee then started working if my manager came to see me we had long talk about life friends work sometimes I had lunch with my team or went out together like funfair pubs it was really good
Pros
free lunch sometimes
good work rate.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 May 2018
working with jark was one of the good times i worked for an agency. specialy as a labourer. they would always send me jobs after i finish with the one i was on. inever had problems with payent and my manager was realy friendly and understanding.
Pros
no issues with work rate/payment/ communication.
Cons
sometimes i got sent to jobs where other labourers did nothing but sit on their phones.
Great place to start Class 2 work
Class 2 Driver (Current Employee) –  Glasgow15 April 2018
One of the better run recruitment agencies, I have been with 4 and this is most definitely the best.

Good choice of work available and do'nt worry if they send you to something that's not for you, just phone and tell then and they will get you sorted out with something else.

Nice friendly staff in Glasgow. always helpful.

Pay always correct and on time, not so with some other recruitment agencies.
Pros
well organised
Cons
None so far
Production operative
Operative Worker (Former Employee) –  Kings lynn11 March 2018
It's a great place to work with friendly staff on hand ready to help you if you have any issues.

The hardest part of the job is being stood still for 12 hours a day.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Long hours on feet
good managment
warehouse operative, assembly work (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire2 February 2018
Managment in Jark was great but jobs they been offering me was not very well. I stop work with them couse they didnt find stable job for me in good area.
Health and Safety Administrator (Former Employee) –  Attleborough, Norfolk1 February 2018
I have learned a lot in this job, such as Health & Safety at factory work. Also learned how to be a Great team leader and Group Leader. I would say typical day at work would be coming to office sorting out all paperwork and checking the factory site for any issues to do with health & safety checks.
Good workplace
Domicillary Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland15 January 2018
Lone working. Visiting the homes of clients who need support. This can be personal care, help with cooking meals, jobs around the house. It's a really lovely job and you feel you've made a difference to the day of the clients.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Lone working
Working for Jark at gressinghams
Factory Operative (Current Employee) –  Ipswich2 January 2018
I had a enjoyable time there so far,management are ok,it’s hard to satisfy everybody but they do well.working with all cultures it’s great.no trouble.
Pros
It’s a decent wage after the add ons, getting transport as I don’t drive.
Cons
too short a break, 20mins is actually 12mins, 30 mins is actually 22mins, have to take and put overalls on it kills time, standing on the same spot for hours, by the time you’ve sat down it seems you ve only been there minutes
productive
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough11 November 2017
worked at different places
sometimes the nature of the job required you to drive long distances between jobs or to meet up with other carers/support workers so as to get the next job don and in most cases that was straining but rewarding in that you helped those in need even if the time you supposed to get there was not met as delays occurred.
care worker
Health Care Assistant (HCA) (Former Employee) –  Essex10 October 2017
this agency did try to give you as many hours as they could for the most part. the staff were overall friendly enough. the work could be a bit haphazard and i did have to chase for shifts more than i cared for, but this seems to be normal for zero hour contracts. i wanted to choose when not to work but i often worked the days i wanted off because i had not had enough shifts prior to those days.
Pros
choose when not to go to work
Cons
insecurity about hour many hours you will get.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jark. Our community is ready to answer.