Jamie Oliver Employee Reviews

not the best
Prep Chef (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff17 May 2018
I found learning at Jamies Italian horrible I was there to gain experience and get help from the other chef but all i got was chopping to do i never go to do anything i never got a challenged.
The worst company I have ever worked for
Bartender (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire17 May 2018
dreadful management - no management skills - disrespect staff
head office and HR are useless when reporting problems
don't give hours that are promised - full time contract and was given 15-20hrs per week
Pay minimum - and pay was always wrong, hours were inputted incorrectly.

DON'T WORK FOR THIS DREADFUL COMPANY!!!
Pros
%50 off food - which you need its so expensive (for microwave food)
Cons
EVERYTHING - the worst company I have ever worked for
fun workplace
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Liverpool14 April 2018
Working here is a pleasure, the staff are lovely and easy to get on with. The managers are lovely and understanding and they are a pleasure to work for.
Pros
free staff meals
Productive and Fun work places
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire26 March 2018
Overall i enjoyed my experience of working at Jaime's Italian. It was nice to build relationships with the other members of staff. Having the ability to have good interpersonal skills with the various customers that you would encounter on a daily shift, Working at Jaime's taught me how to be patience and remain calm and collective in difficult situations.

The management team was fair, we did have our ups and downs at times, which is normal in any work place. But the managers just wanted to make sure that I was doing my job to the best of my ability and also give the customers a good experience.

I felt like the hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers, as sometimes they could be quite rude and dismissive which was a challenge especially if you were trying to help.

The people I met and the friends I made, but also the skills for excellent customer service was the most enjoyable part job.
Pros
Free lunches, good experience, good working hours, good team and tips to help boost your take home pay, good training.
Cons
Difficult customers, long hours.
a good place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station12 March 2018
a typical day at work consists of servicing clients, cleaning the tables.I did absolutely everything, I did not have an exact job each had something to do from day to day
hard work but it pays off
Service chef (Current Employee) –  Liverpool6 March 2018
Busy place with long hours. However there are many ways on how to progress in your career. There are lots of oportunities to learn something new and to meet very interesting people. If career in hospitality for a big company is your goal, this is the place for you.
Productive and fun work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London28 February 2018
A productive and fun work place that was very flexible in regards to my personal life and my work life. There is an opportunity to progress and move up quickly if that is your desire.
Pros
Flexibility
Amazing experience
Waiter/Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Bath22 February 2018
Was a great place to gain experience and with great core values.
I've learned a lot about people management and also about myself .
Great family atmosphere to work with.
nice people, I like working here
Kitchen Porter (Current Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire9 February 2018
I like working there and the staff are nice and we work at a team with decent managers that treat us well. I'm only leaving because the restaurant is closing down.
Pros
fun, chilled
Cons
split shifts, some lazy colleagues
Fast paced.
Waiter/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex1 February 2018
unfriendly staff and environment.
Management had little care for the staff and their jobs.

The fast paced service allowed for my skills to increase rapidly & dealing with the staff helped me see how to be more helpful to somebody who isn't feeling positive in the work environment.
such a shame
Junior Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Cambridge30 January 2018
it was my dream to work for Jamie Oliver back in the days...
Until I started working for the company Jamie's Italian..
good start very bad end.
no life low salary..
no offence Jamie is not your fault..
Hard work but there is progression if you lick enough *****
Chef (Former Employee) –  Reading and other places25 January 2018
Worked as a chef for a couple of years, found the tip system to be pretty unfair as front of house got to keep all or at least 99% of their cash tips and then everybody got a share of the card tips which worked out be only roughly £30 a month. If you were smarmy to the right people then you could progress though quickly, the Brazilian head chef of readings Jamies italian promoted one of his friends through the ranks when he made a lot of mistakes and didn't know all the stations. The best part though is the teams at each restaurant are large and diverse so there was lots of fun to be had. wont forget it!
Pros
Team
Cons
Progress based on who you know not what you know
Everything for the managers
Chef de partie & Jr. Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Birmingham24 January 2018
Loved to work there but if you are not a manager you won’t have much at the end of the month. Always money missing from the payslips super busy shifts and always wait for the manager to check the all kitchen before to leave!
Pros
Italian food
Cons
Money missing from payslip low benefits
Amazing company culture
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Oxford21 January 2018
Its all Jamie - very friendly company culture, very casual but definitely professional. Everyone's expected to be the brands ambassador and we are all proud of the products we use. However like in most of hospitality jobs the hours are long and most of the people are very overworked.
Pros
free meals, 50% off food when visiting
Cons
long hours, low wages
good workplace
Line Chef (Former Employee) –  Guildford3 January 2018
every day its the same like in every restaurant. i did learned there how to run sections on my own.hardest part was a long hours of work and the best was fun people to work with
Stressfull and annoying waiters.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Reading21 December 2017
- Management was nice.
- Waiters were stuck up, inconsiderate and rude. - accuse you of stealing tips! very unprofessional.
- Hardest part was allocating tables evenly
- free meals ONLY IF the kitchen is not busy if it is, forget about getting food.
Pros
Cons
many
Good atmosphere
Deputy General Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire4 December 2017
Nice atmosphere to work in, great courses provided, great resources for yourself and to offer your team. Great company culture that comes from the top.
Was productive to a certain extent
Good runner (Former Employee) –  Harrogate27 November 2017
I was incredibly disappointed that I was underpaid several times by Jamie's which caused me to leave. The team were also very slack with my shifts on some occasions I wouldn't of been warned I had work 20 minutes before .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Minimum hours
High standard
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire27 November 2017
I worked here for 3 months and I consider it a great experience. good company values that cares about the service and also the products. High knowledge.
Great Team to work with Management are awful
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Birmingham6 November 2017
If you want to be distracted from morning to night & literally see your home just too sleep THEN this is a great job for you.
Shifts can vary from between 8am - 3am depending on how long customers stay past closing time.

Pro - Tips are amazing, free staff food, introduces you to a new food palette.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jamie Oliver. Our community is ready to answer.