Jamie Oliver Employee Reviews

Stressfull and annoying waiters.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Reading21 December 2017
- Management was nice.
- Waiters were stuck up, inconsiderate and rude. - accuse you of stealing tips! very unprofessional.
- Hardest part was allocating tables evenly
- free meals ONLY IF the kitchen is not busy if it is, forget about getting food.
Pros
Cons
many
Good atmosphere
Deputy General Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire4 December 2017
Nice atmosphere to work in, great courses provided, great resources for yourself and to offer your team. Great company culture that comes from the top.
Was productive to a certain extent
Good runner (Former Employee) –  Harrogate27 November 2017
I was incredibly disappointed that I was underpaid several times by Jamie's which caused me to leave. The team were also very slack with my shifts on some occasions I wouldn't of been warned I had work 20 minutes before .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Minimum hours
High standard
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire27 November 2017
I worked here for 3 months and I consider it a great experience. good company values that cares about the service and also the products. High knowledge.
Great Team to work with Management are awful
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Birmingham6 November 2017
If you want to be distracted from morning to night & literally see your home just too sleep THEN this is a great job for you.
Shifts can vary from between 8am - 3am depending on how long customers stay past closing time.

Pro - Tips are amazing, free staff food, introduces you to a new food palette.
KP Assistant and AM Waitress
Waitress AM (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex28 October 2017
start work at 4am finishes at 1pm
i have learnt to talk to customers and how to work the cleaning the things we use and how to lay tables and set up in the mornings
Pros
free lunches and freiendly people
Cons
travel times
Great place to work! Have learnt a great deal and love the company and whole team.
Head Chef (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth19 October 2017
Love it! Family!
Great place to work and love the family feel!
Rustic food and very Italian. The whole jamie Oliver experience is just a wow factor. You learn from scratch and come out on the top!
Loved to work there!
Waitress - Full Time (Former Employee) –  London greenwich18 October 2017
Great place to work if you are a foodie, you learn a lot about italian food and regions and allergies. I loved the way I was trained and how cool managers were.
Pros
50% off in food
Cons
You Work a lot! And under high preasure!
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford4 October 2017
......Possible to take a lot of experience. Hard work can be quickly promoted, you can visit a lot of interesting places, cooking with the best chefs.
Productive.
Bartender/Barista (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London4 October 2017
A typical day for me at Jamie Olivers was starting at 10am, I would open the bar and carry the deliveries upstairs. Through the week I would be alone behind the bar, working the lunch rush and the pre theatre rush on my own with the occasional help from managers/supervisors if it got out of hand. I would then continue to work through to the evening and close down the bar alone, which was a lengthy process and leave around 11:50pm/12am most nights. The management team changed numerous times whilst I worked there, generally they knew what they were doing. The hardest part of the job was the long hours on foot, and the up keep of the bar through the week when working totally alone. Bar Friday/Sat/Sun when two people would be behind the bar. The most enjoyable part of the job was having occasional visits from Gennaro, Jamie's working partner.
Pros
Staff Meals
Cons
Long hours, not enough team members.
Pörgős étterem
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bath, Anglia24 September 2017
A legmozgalmasabb, legforgalmasabb, legpörgősebb munka, ahol valaha is dolgoztam.
amazing
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Manchester17 September 2017
amazing company to work for. i have work for three branches off jamies and althoug the hours are long the staff you meet are amazing i would defo work for them in the future
great working environment
trial shift as a sitter (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, Greater London31 August 2017
I had a trial shift for a sitter and it was great ,the staff are very warm, friendly and are very helpful. The time I spent there I really enjoyed and loved the working and busy environment. i would recommend it to everyone. in addition the restaurant and bathrooms were also very clean.

I learnt how to interact with members of the public and was also shown how to multi task better, I enjoyed all aspects of the trial.
Pros
great environment and staff
Cons
can get a bit busy
awful company
Hosting Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham31 August 2017
My experience of this company, although limited was not what i expected from one so hard to get into. the management and all the staff were rude, not only to each other but to customers, they always seamed put out by the slightest request and if a manager had to get involved, the customer was never right, something i was told on my first shift as Hosting Manager
Pros
Na
Cons
not worth the wage
Lovely people, stressful job
Host (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth22 August 2017
Personally, I think Jamie's expects too much of it's workers. A lot of my colleagues complain daily about the job as it can be very stressful.
Id it wasn't for the people i worked with I very much doubt I would have stuck any the job for as long as I did.
Disgusting and embarrassing
FOH Team Member (Former Employee) –  London15 August 2017
One of the most unhygienic restaurant to eat and work, horrible and incompetent management unable to pay correctly and keeping up with their duties . Not surprised they closed down many sites. It was embarrassing working there
Pros
Cons
horrible
Not great
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire22 July 2017
i would work 16 hour shifts with 20 minutes break six days in a row, 1 day off then another 5/6 day stretch... it made me unwell, but nothing less is expected of you.
Pros
good tips
Cons
horrendously long days, inconsiderate superiors
not great
waiter (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey21 July 2017
unenthusiastic place of work. no chance to progress and realistically no desire to do so. most staff employed are unskilled and paid minimum wage so I don't know what else they would expect
professional and friendly workplace
Coffee Barista (Current Employee) –  38 threadneedle street20 July 2017
One of the friendliest staff I never met starting to management team to kitchen porters , great place to learn good standards and grow up as worker. In few months I improved my skills and my position. I am very sorry lo leave the place but the cannot guarantee the numbers of hours I asked.
Fun & live place
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands25 June 2017
Always busy & live place. Provides full training teaching you about every little step of the service, but also expects the best. Great and big team. One staff food meal per day.
Pros
Great location
Cons
Stand by shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jamie Oliver. Our community is ready to answer.