Jaguar Land Rover Pay & Benefits reviews

all round a good company
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Castle Bromwich, West Midlands9 February 2018
all round a good company and would work there again. pays very good money and management and other workers are friendly. they follow health and safety rules strictly so only apply if you can follow these rules.
Pros
great pay and mostly good managers
Cons
no job security
Hard physical work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Liverpool25 January 2018
Very good pay, and benefits, long hours mainly shift work.chances to move up the ladder provided you are as committed as they are, and now takes up to five years with an agency to become a full time employee.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Five years with an agency before you become on of there employees
Busy and rewarding
Launch Manager (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands22 January 2018
Great place to work, can be hard work especially with the amount of projects on going. Typical day is different depending on what you are working on. The culture is developing continually in line with the automotive industry
Pros
Good benefits and people
Cons
Can be long hours
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham uk20 January 2018
Good working environment , long hours but was worth it, could not park on site so would take longer to get to work, somethings their was no space to park at the airport and you would miss your bus if it was to full witch would also make you late
Pros
Great people
Cons
Really good and fun place to work at
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham9 January 2018
It was an honour to work at such an amazing place, I love cars especially land rovers and had the most fun working here the salary was decent the hours wer decent and the team I worked with wer amazing people.
Pros
Packed lunches
Receptionist/Telephonist/Access Control Administrator
Receptionist/Telephonist/Cardkey (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands7 January 2018
This position involves meeting/greeting customers. Dealing with enquiries.. Access control is security based, so everything has to be entered exactly.
Cons
Long hours and distance to travel to work. Especially bad weather.
Productive and friendly environment
Vehicle Technician (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands6 December 2017
normally friendly environment to work in. lots of knowledgable people around to learn from, different ways of doing things.

the managers are very friendly but also work focused, my colleagues are a good laugh too and always focused on getting work done efficiently and in the best way possible.

the hardest part of the job is the long hours, 12 hours a day plus 2hrs travel didnt leave me much to do with my time out of work.

the most enjoyable time is when the vehicles are ready for sale, that's the time i realise all the hard work is paid off.
Pros
Well paid Job
Cons
Problem with parking the Vehicle.
Fast paced envronment
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands20 November 2017
Fast paced environment with friendly people and other members of staff. Very good company to work for as there was many benefits. flexible hours is a positive.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short lunch breaks
Great place to learn skills for the motor manufactring trade
Track Operative / Coverman (Former Employee) –  Solihull18 November 2017
Great place to work although the work is hard and sometimes repetitive, but there are plenty of opportunities to move onto other rolls/ aspects of production and sales
Pros
Great salary and benifits
Cons
Repetitive on some roles within the factory and very short breaks.
CNC Operator/ polisher (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands16 November 2017
A really good place would love to work there again the people are extremely helpfull and easy to get a long with especially on the night shift it's a shame the brownshills plant closed
Cons
2 shorts breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands6 October 2017
Amazing team, people. Friendly environment, fast service and the eco friendly environment is fantastic. Id love to work here full time and be trained too. So I’d have more time with jlr and their team. I’ll maybe come back soon, to join for full time.
Pros
Free lunches
A challenging balance
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Gaydon, Warwickshire4 October 2017
Gateway and Programme Delivery is a fine balance of Engineering robustness, costs, weights and attribute delivery v's Gateway and Programme deliverables and Timing. Some days this balance raises significant challenges, and when the balance is delivered, then this becomes the most satisfying part of the job.
Grate
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside22 September 2017
Loved it wish it wasn't only temporary grate pay long hours but they don't drag work is easy and it's a very calm and cheerful environment but only apply if your flexible on when you can work it is a demanding job sometimes
Pros
Free food
Cons
Very stable but not interesting
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands18 September 2017
Good for a desk job and pays well, but no inspiration and very disorganised

Decent training but they wont invest in professional qualifications. Workplace culture is good but everyone has families and doesn't meet outside work.
I worked in a very good team
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands11 September 2017
I spent about half of my day in meetings reviewing vehicle issues that had been raised. I would then investigate any items that had been raised against my department, I would then talk to the relevant Engineer within the department and try to get a plan from him to try to resolve the issue. I would add any new issues that had been raised against my department to my tracking documents that were required to keep my management informed.
I learned about all aspects of vehicle assembly within Trim and Final. The hardest part of my job was the long hours and the traveling.
The best part of the job was the team of people I worked with.
Pros
Long contract
Cons
Very long hours, and a long way from home.
Good wage and overtime
Material Replenishment Administrator (MRA) (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside4 September 2017
Nice environment to work, very strict on PPE which is good. I worked in the offices. Time and a half Saturdays and double time pay on Sundays, couldn't complain. Only on a temp contract though which was not good as I was only there for 6 months
Pros
Great pay
Cons
temporary contracts too many in there
great lads on the line, unfortunately run by poor managers.
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands25 August 2017
JLR is a massively high pressured job. the company makes so much money per minute why wouldnt it be i guess? but the management treat the line workers like dogs, apparently they're told to do so! great place to work with regards to its salary.. but only apply here if you're sure you can handle the pressure of high vis's breathing down your neck continuously throughout all three shifts.
Not Ideal
Production Operative (Current Employee) –  Solihull22 August 2017
Although the Salary and Shift Allowance is great, I feel the ethics are questionable and the management are in no way supportive . The Job and Work Balance is non existent due to shift work but again that is made up for with the wage.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Bad ethics, no support
High Intensity Work Environment.
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham1 August 2017
Jaguar Land Rover is a great place to work with a very high salary for the work conducted. The management is relatively well structured and if the initiative is shown progression can be earned fairly easily. It is a very union pro environment and this is a double edged sword.
Pros
High Salary
Cons
Shift Patterns
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands25 July 2017
Working on a 3 shift rotation with absolutely no flexibility at all. It gets very tiring very quickly especially as the shifts change weekly. Work is mindless and repetitive but yet Very well paid job with some great benefits great status symbol if you work here too, representing a huge company that is making billions every year.
Some managers are excellent and others not so good. It just depends which block, line and station you end up working on the many thing to remember is keep working. overall it is a wonderful experience.