Jaguar Land Rover Employee Reviews

Not as it seems
Driver (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands14 January 2018
Agency workers are treaten like somethink on the bottom of their shoes no advantage of a career bullied into working there back side off for minimum wage knowing they are driving £100,000 cars around site thats earning the company millions . Eppl are a contracting company that also threat agency workers bad knowing it wont get the workers anywere in life to please jlr management the cleaners are on more money which says alot . A tech earns more money in a week for tapping a piece of plastic than a driver earns handling £100,000 cars very poor and has been a terrible experience this is what the reviews leave out and have been hiding just to get a profit . Try it yourself apply for startpeople ltd to see for yourself . The rich get richer the poor get poorer is true .
Pros
Cheap tea and coffee
Cons
Company
Really good and fun place to work at
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham9 January 2018
It was an honour to work at such an amazing place, I love cars especially land rovers and had the most fun working here the salary was decent the hours wer decent and the team I worked with wer amazing people.
Pros
Packed lunches
Cons
Productive and fun place of work
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 January 2018
My daily work would require order picking parts with a fork lift truck and taking it out to the line.
because my place of work was so big I enjoyed meeting new people
Great benefits
prouction operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 January 2018
I had a fantastic opportunity to work at Jaguar Land Rover and I enjoyed the fast pace role. I would have liked to have been able to remain an employee there, but due to cut backs this was not possible.

I made many friends within days of joining and I would highly recommend this a fantastic place to work.
I loved working here
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Whitley Coventry7 January 2018
It was a great time and I generated quite a bit of information. I was only a short contract. But the people were very good to me.
very easy to work there and very laid back. I developed a process which would tell us when the CNC would back down .
Pros
Getting a new job
Cons
Not enough time to complete my time there
Receptionist/Telephonist/Access Control Administrator
Receptionist/Telephonist/Cardkey (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands7 January 2018
This position involves meeting/greeting customers. Dealing with enquiries.. Access control is security based, so everything has to be entered exactly.
Cons
Long hours and distance to travel to work. Especially bad weather.
Life at JLR
Senior Buyer - Aftermarket Interiors (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands2 January 2018
Overall JLR offers good career opportunities for all job functions and with fast business expansion offers global opportunities.
Very much emphasis on continual change which can create a feeling of unrest
Management very hierarchical with emphasis to promote to director positions and feeling at lower levels not in touch with the problems / issues within Purchasing

Hardest part job is the layers and duplication of processes and auditing.

Generally good supporting work colleagues
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Gots its pros and cons
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands2 January 2018
Pros
Great wage
Good environment
friendly people

Cons
Management uneasy to deal with
Hard to progress

I have learned a lot working over JLR developed many skills and enjoyed my time there its a good place to be.
Pros
Great wage
Cons
Hard to progress
quality work
quality inspection (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands2 January 2018
get good exp on this company good management on this company working 3 week roal days,night and afternoon shifts have agood time on this job meet good peopel
Pros
free lunch
Contracting
Health and Safety Advisor - Contractor (Current Employee) –  Speke12 December 2017
Currently contracting for JLR so cannot really comment on actually working direct for the client. I am working for a Health and Safety Consultancy firm.
Productive and friendly environment
Vehicle Technician (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands6 December 2017
normally friendly environment to work in. lots of knowledgable people around to learn from, different ways of doing things.

the managers are very friendly but also work focused, my colleagues are a good laugh too and always focused on getting work done efficiently and in the best way possible.

the hardest part of the job is the long hours, 12 hours a day plus 2hrs travel didnt leave me much to do with my time out of work.

the most enjoyable time is when the vehicles are ready for sale, that's the time i realise all the hard work is paid off.
Pros
Well paid Job
Cons
Problem with parking the Vehicle.
Good pay
Temporary Contract (Former Employee) –  Castle Bromwich, West Midlands4 December 2017
The pay at Jaguar Land Rover is exciting and can lure in anybody to do such hard work. The manual labour at Jaguar Land Rover was a bit much for me as I suffer from physical disabilities however they helped me progress further within life with excellent references.
terrible management
PAT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Whitley, West Midlands2 December 2017
A company with a lot of managers more interested in their own image and personal progression than getting the job done. an incredibly frustrating culture, if you're looking for a company that you could just sit at a desk, do very little and plod along, then this is for you, for me there is nothing more frustrating than asking for work and being bored!
Positiva
Ingeniero de calibración de emisiones (Current Employee) –  Coventry21 November 2017
Ambiente dinámico y multicultural.
Ofrece aprendizaje y práctica de múltiples habilidades.
Estabilidad laboral u oportunidades de cambio según se busque.
dont want to review
Car Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  England21 November 2017
good place to work, managers are very good and helpful, relaxed but motivating very good product that everyone wants, good rewards etc good place to work love the brand
Fast paced envronment
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands20 November 2017
Fast paced environment with friendly people and other members of staff. Very good company to work for as there was many benefits. flexible hours is a positive.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short lunch breaks
Great place to learn skills for the motor manufactring trade
Track Operative / Coverman (Former Employee) –  Solihull18 November 2017
Great place to work although the work is hard and sometimes repetitive, but there are plenty of opportunities to move onto other rolls/ aspects of production and sales
Pros
Great salary and benifits
Cons
Repetitive on some roles within the factory and very short breaks.
CNC Operator/ polisher (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands16 November 2017
A really good place would love to work there again the people are extremely helpfull and easy to get a long with especially on the night shift it's a shame the brownshills plant closed
Cons
2 shorts breaks
Motor Vehicle Technician (Former Employee) –  Liverpool13 November 2017
I have had two weeks of work experience which I found helpful and productive and would like a role in the Motor vehicle sector. The staff are friendly and helpful.
Interesting place to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midlands11 November 2017
Exciting products, fast paced due to lots of investment to meet ever demanding customers, good people to work with, great team ethic and outsourcers are good too