Jaguar Land Rover Employee Reviews

Challenging and Productive workplace
Integration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Whitley, Coventry19 February 2019
My current work at JLR is very challenging. Currently working as a integration engineer on the yet to be launched 6 cylinder turbo charged petrol hybrid engine. I compile and investigate a list of development issues both hardware and software and go about resolving them within the powertrain dept..
I have learned to liaise and negotiate to resolve these issue by discussing these them with component and software owners using the data compiled and explaining the mechanics of the issue to develop a resolution.
The hardest part this role is to overcome inertia from stakeholders to resolve technical defects. Providing data of the fault helps overcome this.
The most enjoyable part of the role is through negotiation, data acquisition, getting separate teams working together to resolve these faults. This is most satisfying.
Pros
Varied challenges, no repetitive actions
Cons
Very Long Hours
Great teamwork but overstretched teams
Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Gaydon, Warwickshire17 February 2019
great place to work, but recently trying to do too much too fast, too much overtime being spent, too much expected from too few.

Company trying to increase profits while growing, when most companies alternate between the two.
Pros
salary and discount schemes
Cons
overtime and overstretched teams
hard work
line operative (Former Employee) –  solihull12 February 2019
the job is hard work, the company itself would be good to work for if there was any chance of a contract at the end of five years, the pay is excellent, the managers are all for themselves no chance of progression within the company, terrible breaks on night shift no home work balance. the only good thing i can say is there is equalality regardless of age gender race
Pros
wages
Cons
long hours, compulsory over time, short breaks 3 shift pattern
It was alright then after a while everyone was just rude and irresponsible
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire11 February 2019
It was alright then after a while everyone was just rude and irresponsible, i injured my shoulder taking me out off work for a few months and they fired me, i had no sick pay or holiday pay and didn't fill a accident form witch lead me to call the safety adviser,they even messed up pay paying me £250 to £280 instead off £350.
Cross-functional work organisation
PROJECT LEADER (Current Employee) –  Gaydon10 February 2019
I've learned to see the wider team and look for the wider picture by talking to people and enjoying the everyday tasks.
I've struggled to find a place in its location, as the company is located in the UK's countryside.
productive and fun workplace
Track Worker, Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands9 February 2019
a great place to work with helpful and well mannered staff. the hardest part of of the job i would say was learning the job but once learnt there was no problem at all. everyone was helpful.
Challenging and rewarding
Quality and Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Coventry8 February 2019
A rewarding company to work for, who expect the highest levels of professionalism. Has an open and honest management culture, where individuals can make a difference
good place to work
assembly operative (Former Employee) –  Solihull6 February 2019
good place to work pays very well for the work you do, build cars at a very fast pace but everything is kept to a high standard, manage,ent can be very strict and put workwers under lots of pressure
good workplace but needs to be more proactive within design
Design manager (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands6 February 2019
very good employer,with a strong brand, but struggles to adapt quickly enough to new scenarios and trends,not proactive when it comes to new ideas and design ideas,
Pros
good working environment
Productive and Fun workplace
Manager, Planning Systems (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands3 February 2019
The daily, weekly and monthly objectives are clear with ability to engage in dialogue across all management levels. The days can be long, as this is a global operation and therefore the need to support all markets (country) can be occasionally a heavy load.

Whilst at JLR I've improved both my project management skills and a greater understanding of the manufacturing and production element of the business, therefore increasing my knowledge of the end to end supply chain.

Whilst the daily challenges can be great at times, having a good team that is able to deliver and enjoy their work is critical and I personally like to have fun while achieving as I find that it is the best way to motivate a team.
Pros
Team, Prestige
Cons
Slow moving leviathan
like able
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  lodge lane2 February 2019
Nice place to work can be challenging but you can progress.
the team is great to work with and they are supportive. it's a busy working environment and it brings out to best in any individual.
Productive, hard working good management,
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside1 February 2019
A good atomsphere to work in, productive work place, they helped me to understand how all of the machines work, and their roles and how they need to be managed to avoid damage.
Cons
Great company to work for
Junior Automotive Engineer (Former Employee) –  Solihull1 February 2019
Good recognition of hard-working people.
All the conditions and resources needed.
Opportunity to self develop, high salary, plenty of responsibility and a good sense of team spirit.
Interesting place to work
Motorsport Tech Analyst/Build Engineer (Current Employee) –  Coventry31 January 2019
- learned a lot
- Had to self learn a lot of the processes at Jaguar Land Rover
- Gained a good relationship with suppliers in the motorsport industry
Pros
Loved to work on cars
Cons
Lack of management
working in a home
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton31 January 2019
i injoyed working in a home with the elderly they have me so much exprince in life i learnt to care and help and love them..i was also a cleaner at landrover
Pros
free lunches given by the chef
Cons
Good money but terrible management
QI (Former Employee) –  Solihull29 January 2019
A good place to work if you can get a permanent contract but terrible for agency workers.
The hardest part is to deal with the bad management, if you can disconnect, do your job and go home is a decent place to work.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Bad management
good company
Plant Quality inspector (Current Employee) –  Solihull27 January 2019
great company to work for if youve got a contract. Very good rates of pay. I just think the 5 year manpower contract should be shortened.
great hours.
ok
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands26 January 2019
good company to work for, very union driven, good career progression. good quality products. generally a good life balance. would recommend. fast paced environment
good pay, poor shift rotations
Production Operatives (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands23 January 2019
I roll is to work as part of a team finding quality defects in the production of the vehicles, I have to follow a process to search for defects and log them into a FLAG system for them to be repaired or replaced.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor managment
Good wages, but often negative environment
Senior Project Process Lead (Current Employee) –  West Midlands22 January 2019
For me personally I was not learning anything new, and the opportunities to learn had been restricted, so I needed to make a change.

Some management (when under pressure) could become very unreasonable with the teams working for them. This had a big impact on morale across the board.

It got to the stage where I was only staying for the salary, which in all honesty is good.

I only speak from my perspective though. I know there are also a lot of people who enjoy working for JLR.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Some poor managment