Jacobs Employee Reviews

Found 97 reviews matching the search See all 2,704 reviews
Accounts assistant at 95 Bothwell St
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow22 November 2018
Worked first for babtie group then unfortunately Jacobs took over the company around early 2000’s.
This was a dreadful company to work for although I enjoyed my job immensely the management were very two faced and untrustworthy and clearly had their favourites so it was very much “if your face fits”!
I worked there for eighteen and a half years before being made redundant after my position and job was strategically moved to another department. This did not come as a great surprise to me as this is how they regularly operate.
I am so glad to no longer be working for them although I miss a lot of my colleagues.
Pros
My colleagues
Cons
Poor Management and Poor Salary!!!
Excellent place to work
Seasonal Ecologist (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff22 November 2018
Very well balanced job with extremely good staff care. Never over worked, but given plenty to do. Can't say anything bad about working for Jacobs. Truly excellent company that treat their staff so well!
Pros
All expenses paid for when working away
Broad variety of services and markets
Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Reading18 October 2018
I enjoyed the breadth of markets and services Jacobs focuses on. They were also ambitious with growth and M&A being an explicit part of their business model and management focus.

Unfortunately my time ended with a global down turn in Oil prices with substantial rationalisation and a new CEO who restructured the business.
Pros
Culture and business model
Cons
Focus on costs and utilisation meant little investment in training and personal development
It is a good workplace
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh7 October 2018
I am enjoying my time in jacobs and I have leaned a lot over the last few years. I would consider it as a good place to start your career as well as developing it
Productive work place
Governance Lead (Current Employee) –  Grimsby25 September 2018
I have worked for Jacobs for around 6 years. In this time, I have worked on various sites/ offices giving me greater knowledge and experience of different aspects of the company.
Enjoyable Work Place
Post Room Supervisor, Reprographics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth9 September 2018
Strong corporate approach to work, and process driven structures.

Regrettably the Office was closed down, and the staff disbanded, but there still remains a strong bond between all the ex employees.
Productive and fun place
Cost Engineer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 August 2018
Jacobs is an interesting company to work for. They are involved in a wide variety of sectors and have a load of projects throughout the world. They have a great safety culture and are very supportive and encourage professional development.
Experience was valuable
Lead Civil / Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sellafield, Cumbria5 July 2018
This company was a company that developed my experience as a structural/civil engineer and enhanced my career. It also gave me good responsibilities and enhanced my career.
Pros
Responsibiliy
Cons
Travelling time.
Engineering experience
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Bridge28 June 2018
I learned about the different roles of different engineers at Jacobs engineering. I did my work experience for two weeks, where I worked with various departments (examples being chemical, architecture, rail, light, and road) and I had the opportunity to input data on projects that they had made. I spoke to a project manager of chemical engineering and I was told a lot about their job and how it is individual from the roles of chemical engineers. After learning this, I was influenced to become a Chemical Engineer as it is very interesting career and it gives the opportunity to leave an impact on the world. It is also an important career because people who work as a Chemical Engineer have opportunities to change the world.
Short term contract work
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manchester3 May 2018
Good contract work before Jacobs had to downsize.

Good culture of experienced contractors working to get the job done. Work was well optimised with good management of the snags hit.
Good workplace with good company values
CAD Draughtsman (Former Employee) –  London (Hammersmith)21 April 2018
Working on Microstation to produce various drawings in accordance with stringent CAD Standards(TfL, London Underground/Overground, NetworkRail etc) and ensuring good management on Bently Projectwise. Discussing with Clients, and leading Draughting team to ensure conformity. Mentoring and training personnel and helping to maintain good working relationships.

Due to the Company's wide engineering base, a very good and varied work load is available.
Pros
flexi-time, good social and sports club and subsidised canteen
Cons
ocassional long hours to ensure deadlines are met, but not often
Newly created in-house role
In-House Resourcing Lead - South Operations (Former Employee) –  Winnersh Traingle, Reading18 April 2018
Established new procedures, sourced candidates (Staff and contract) for UK and overseas roles, negotiated terms and conditions with candidates and manpower suppliers, attended interviews and liaised with senior and corporate management
Good to work for
Field Services (Former Employee) –  UK17 April 2018
A good company to work for, with a high level HSE culture and standards.
Communication as Costumer Satisfaction are also very strong in the company.
Focus on people.
Excellent
Completions Administrator (Current Employee) –  Capenhurst4 April 2018
Information management utilising a bespoke system to the site for all documentation relating to ITPs, vendor documents, construction materials and certifications.
Excellent place of work
Mechanical / HVAC /Fire design techincian (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 March 2018
I enjoyed my time at Jacobs and the opportunities that they have given me. The people working there are kind and hard working. Working to a level of beyond zero really changed how I view safety and where it can be implemented.
Pros
Nice people
Ok to work for, good experiences can be gained
Rail Loading Operator at Lindsey Oil Refinery (Current Employee) –  Immingham, Lincolnshire5 March 2018
good work/life balance as on shift

salary is good for the hours worked

typical contractor firm for job security

advancement seems difficult

management are supportive through any safety aspects or concerns with working conditions and follow up any issues

good working environment with good workmates
Pros
paid time off
Cons
uncertainty on job security
A Good place to work
Assistant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne8 February 2018
As an Assistant Engineer, I happened to work on Design of concrete Retaining Walls, Foundations, Highway Slabs & Small masonry structures. The staff was extremely helpful in & I received good on-job training.
large contractor
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  AWE4 February 2018
large contractor that has many projects but not in Great Britain.you have to travel around the country for various projects.you are looked after if you are in the click but if you are not you are dropped when there is not sufficient work available with little or no warning.
Pros
9day fortnight
Cons
long days
Experience but not nice job
Enforcement Agent (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, North Devon, Torquay, Exeter & Cornwall29 December 2017
All these reviews are for Jacobs biscuit company and not Jacobs Bailiffs, thus giving incorrect ratings on positions.

Bonus related position, difficult to achieve due to area you cover, distance driving and area working in.

Impossible targets to meet for area covered, that bad I had a written warning for not hitting targets, which were set against other city’s like Liverpool & Manchester, management demanding and always pushing you for more, no social life and stress that’s unbelievable on top of that everybody hates you and wants to stab you.

Work on your own and expected to visit anywhere including traveller sites alone.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Difficult targets, lots of driving, long hours
Company is ok
Multi Drop Driver (Current Employee) –  Middleton, Greater Manchester1 December 2017
Too long hours, lot of heavy lifting of frozen product and specify route taken to all location also need to stop at all cash and carry to buy the stock necessary for the order.
Pros
Good balance on work and home life
Cons
Heavy lifting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.

41K