Jacobs Employee Reviews

Good workplace with good company values
CAD Draughtsman (Former Employee) –  London (Hammersmith)21 April 2018
Working on Microstation to produce various drawings in accordance with stringent CAD Standards(TfL, London Underground/Overground, NetworkRail etc) and ensuring good management on Bently Projectwise. Discussing with Clients, and leading Draughting team to ensure conformity. Mentoring and training personnel and helping to maintain good working relationships.

Due to the Company's wide engineering base, a very good and varied work load is available.
Pros
flexi-time, good social and sports club and subsidised canteen
Cons
ocassional long hours to ensure deadlines are met, but not often
Newly created in-house role
In-House Resourcing Lead - South Operations (Former Employee) –  Winnersh Traingle, Reading18 April 2018
Established new procedures, sourced candidates (Staff and contract) for UK and overseas roles, negotiated terms and conditions with candidates and manpower suppliers, attended interviews and liaised with senior and corporate management
Good to work for
Field Services (Former Employee) –  UK17 April 2018
A good company to work for, with a high level HSE culture and standards.
Communication as Costumer Satisfaction are also very strong in the company.
Focus on people.
Excellent
Completions Administrator (Current Employee) –  Capenhurst4 April 2018
Information management utilising a bespoke system to the site for all documentation relating to ITPs, vendor documents, construction materials and certifications.
Excellent place of work
Mechanical / HVAC /Fire design techincian (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 March 2018
I enjoyed my time at Jacobs and the opportunities that they have given me. The people working there are kind and hard working. Working to a level of beyond zero really changed how I view safety and where it can be implemented.
Pros
Nice people
Ok to work for, good experiences can be gained
Rail Loading Operator at Lindsey Oil Refinery (Current Employee) –  Immingham, Lincolnshire5 March 2018
good work/life balance as on shift

salary is good for the hours worked

typical contractor firm for job security

advancement seems difficult

management are supportive through any safety aspects or concerns with working conditions and follow up any issues

good working environment with good workmates
Pros
paid time off
Cons
uncertainty on job security
A Good place to work
Assistant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne8 February 2018
As an Assistant Engineer, I happened to work on Design of concrete Retaining Walls, Foundations, Highway Slabs & Small masonry structures. The staff was extremely helpful in & I received good on-job training.
large contractor
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  AWE4 February 2018
large contractor that has many projects but not in Great Britain.you have to travel around the country for various projects.you are looked after if you are in the click but if you are not you are dropped when there is not sufficient work available with little or no warning.
Pros
9day fortnight
Cons
long days
Experience but not nice job
Enforcement Agent (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, North Devon, Torquay, Exeter & Cornwall29 December 2017
All these reviews are for Jacobs biscuit company and not Jacobs Bailiffs, thus giving incorrect ratings on positions.

Bonus related position, difficult to achieve due to area you cover, distance driving and area working in.

Impossible targets to meet for area covered, that bad I had a written warning for not hitting targets, which were set against other city’s like Liverpool & Manchester, management demanding and always pushing you for more, no social life and stress that’s unbelievable on top of that everybody hates you and wants to stab you.

Work on your own and expected to visit anywhere including traveller sites alone.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Difficult targets, lots of driving, long hours
Company is ok
Multi Drop Driver (Current Employee) –  Middleton, Greater Manchester1 December 2017
Too long hours, lot of heavy lifting of frozen product and specify route taken to all location also need to stop at all cash and carry to buy the stock necessary for the order.
Pros
Good balance on work and home life
Cons
Heavy lifting
Excellent Place
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 November 2017
I have worked for Jacobs for 6 years as a contractor. I had a very good experience. Management team is professional, responsible. I always felt supported to deliver more. It was particularly nice to be included in all events as a contractor as well.
Pros
Nice colleagues to work with
ok company
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside13 November 2017
day at Jacobs
12 hours shifts
on your feet all day
management ok
jobs not that bad
packing can hurt your back
get ok times of break
pay is weekly and minimum wage
Pros
breaks
Amazing experience
Industrial Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Warrington8 November 2017
I worked as an Industrial Placement student and I really loved it. Everyone is friendly and collaborative and even if I was a student everyone treated me as a professional. Great company if you want to work in various sectors.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Big company so it can be difficult to get promoted
CSA Field Engineer/Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire8 October 2017
A good company to work for, with a high level HSE culture and standards.
Communication as Costumer Satisfaction are also very strong in the company.
Focus on people.
Control and Instrumentaiton Manager (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire6 October 2017
Excellent company that develops its people I do not feel like adding more informaiton but the computer is requiring more characters so here they are
Correction
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside7 September 2017
These reviews are for the snack/biscuit factory Jacobs rather than the bailiff company. I'd bet they wouldnt be 5 star listening to all the people in debt calling in. I'd sooner pack biscuits than work for this shower.

The staff here are absolute horrors but that's how they've been trained.
Pros
Cons
Self employed bailiffs collecting debts - whats not to hate.
Productive work place
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside9 August 2017
Good place to work good money. Worked here for very long time good company but managers need to learn better people skills. Company is good working around your needs which they did for me when I had my children
thriving work place
Line member (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Aintree25 July 2017
During my time at Jacobs i learned a lot of valuable skills, At first the working hours where flexible and the management was amazing. The job security however wasn't very good. As a temp worker i wasn't always guaranteed hours which meant i could go weeks without work, That was the reason i had to leave.
Pros
Lovely co workers, Great breaks, Amazing range of food in the canteen.
Cons
hot working conditions.
productive
Technical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bacton20 June 2017
I was surrounded by hard working Jacobs staff that gave 100% day in , day out at bacon rejuvenation project, Who used there professional attitude to complete and solve complex tasks that shell throw at them.
Pros
overtime
Cons
n/a
great place to work
Alliance Manager- Europe (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 May 2017
Jacobs provide a place to grow in your career. I have been enjoying working with the Jacobs across the Globe. If you are talented and willing to take challenges, sky is the limit and Jacobs show you the sky. On-going transformation with in Jacobs is amazing and organizational restructuring will bring a competitive environment to work in Jacobs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.