Jacobs Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place
Cost Engineer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 August 2018
Jacobs is an interesting company to work for. They are involved in a wide variety of sectors and have a load of projects throughout the world. They have a great safety culture and are very supportive and encourage professional development.
Experience was valuable
Lead Civil / Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sellafield, Cumbria5 July 2018
This company was a company that developed my experience as a structural/civil engineer and enhanced my career. It also gave me good responsibilities and enhanced my career.
Pros
Responsibiliy
Cons
Travelling time.
Engineering experience
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Bridge28 June 2018
I learned about the different roles of different engineers at Jacobs engineering. I did my work experience for two weeks, where I worked with various departments (examples being chemical, architecture, rail, light, and road) and I had the opportunity to input data on projects that they had made. I spoke to a project manager of chemical engineering and I was told a lot about their job and how it is individual from the roles of chemical engineers. After learning this, I was influenced to become a Chemical Engineer as it is very interesting career and it gives the opportunity to leave an impact on the world. It is also an important career because people who work as a Chemical Engineer have opportunities to change the world.
Short term contract work
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manchester3 May 2018
Good contract work before Jacobs had to downsize.

Good culture of experienced contractors working to get the job done. Work was well optimised with good management of the snags hit.
Good workplace with good company values
CAD Draughtsman (Former Employee) –  London (Hammersmith)21 April 2018
Working on Microstation to produce various drawings in accordance with stringent CAD Standards(TfL, London Underground/Overground, NetworkRail etc) and ensuring good management on Bently Projectwise. Discussing with Clients, and leading Draughting team to ensure conformity. Mentoring and training personnel and helping to maintain good working relationships.

Due to the Company's wide engineering base, a very good and varied work load is available.
Pros
flexi-time, good social and sports club and subsidised canteen
Cons
ocassional long hours to ensure deadlines are met, but not often
Newly created in-house role
In-House Resourcing Lead - South Operations (Former Employee) –  Winnersh Traingle, Reading18 April 2018
Established new procedures, sourced candidates (Staff and contract) for UK and overseas roles, negotiated terms and conditions with candidates and manpower suppliers, attended interviews and liaised with senior and corporate management
Good to work for
Field Services (Former Employee) –  UK17 April 2018
A good company to work for, with a high level HSE culture and standards.
Communication as Costumer Satisfaction are also very strong in the company.
Focus on people.
Excellent
Completions Administrator (Current Employee) –  Capenhurst4 April 2018
Information management utilising a bespoke system to the site for all documentation relating to ITPs, vendor documents, construction materials and certifications.
Excellent place of work
Mechanical / HVAC /Fire design techincian (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 March 2018
I enjoyed my time at Jacobs and the opportunities that they have given me. The people working there are kind and hard working. Working to a level of beyond zero really changed how I view safety and where it can be implemented.
Pros
Nice people
Ok to work for, good experiences can be gained
Rail Loading Operator at Lindsey Oil Refinery (Current Employee) –  Immingham, Lincolnshire5 March 2018
good work/life balance as on shift

salary is good for the hours worked

typical contractor firm for job security

advancement seems difficult

management are supportive through any safety aspects or concerns with working conditions and follow up any issues

good working environment with good workmates
Pros
paid time off
Cons
uncertainty on job security
A Good place to work
Assistant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne8 February 2018
As an Assistant Engineer, I happened to work on Design of concrete Retaining Walls, Foundations, Highway Slabs & Small masonry structures. The staff was extremely helpful in & I received good on-job training.
large contractor
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  AWE4 February 2018
large contractor that has many projects but not in Great Britain.you have to travel around the country for various projects.you are looked after if you are in the click but if you are not you are dropped when there is not sufficient work available with little or no warning.
Pros
9day fortnight
Cons
long days
Experience but not nice job
Enforcement Agent (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, North Devon, Torquay, Exeter & Cornwall29 December 2017
All these reviews are for Jacobs biscuit company and not Jacobs Bailiffs, thus giving incorrect ratings on positions.

Bonus related position, difficult to achieve due to area you cover, distance driving and area working in.

Impossible targets to meet for area covered, that bad I had a written warning for not hitting targets, which were set against other city’s like Liverpool & Manchester, management demanding and always pushing you for more, no social life and stress that’s unbelievable on top of that everybody hates you and wants to stab you.

Work on your own and expected to visit anywhere including traveller sites alone.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Difficult targets, lots of driving, long hours
Company is ok
Multi Drop Driver (Current Employee) –  Middleton, Greater Manchester1 December 2017
Too long hours, lot of heavy lifting of frozen product and specify route taken to all location also need to stop at all cash and carry to buy the stock necessary for the order.
Pros
Good balance on work and home life
Cons
Heavy lifting
Excellent Place
Project Controls Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 November 2017
I have worked for Jacobs for 6 years as a contractor. I had a very good experience. Management team is professional, responsible. I always felt supported to deliver more. It was particularly nice to be included in all events as a contractor as well.
Pros
Nice colleagues to work with
ok company
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside13 November 2017
day at Jacobs
12 hours shifts
on your feet all day
management ok
jobs not that bad
packing can hurt your back
get ok times of break
pay is weekly and minimum wage
Pros
breaks
Amazing experience
Industrial Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Warrington8 November 2017
I worked as an Industrial Placement student and I really loved it. Everyone is friendly and collaborative and even if I was a student everyone treated me as a professional. Great company if you want to work in various sectors.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Big company so it can be difficult to get promoted
CSA Field Engineer/Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire8 October 2017
A good company to work for, with a high level HSE culture and standards.
Communication as Costumer Satisfaction are also very strong in the company.
Focus on people.
Control and Instrumentaiton Manager (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire6 October 2017
Excellent company that develops its people I do not feel like adding more informaiton but the computer is requiring more characters so here they are
Correction
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside7 September 2017
These reviews are for the snack/biscuit factory Jacobs rather than the bailiff company. I'd bet they wouldnt be 5 star listening to all the people in debt calling in. I'd sooner pack biscuits than work for this shower.

The staff here are absolute horrors but that's how they've been trained.
Pros
Cons
Self employed bailiffs collecting debts - whats not to hate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.