Jack Wills LTD Management reviews

Amazing place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire29 August 2018
Lots of varying tasks throughout shifts. Good work colleagues that socialise outside of work. Tends to be younger employees. Shifts vary week to week, some weeks you get lots of hours and the next not so many, however management are good at listening to holiday requests and what availability.
Pros
very good discount
Be aware.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire24 August 2018
JW's warehouse in Sheffield is like a work camp. Management is a joke. Seriously, is a joke. People with poor English and without writing skills are on supervisory possitions. Shift manager has problems with reading a letter to the staff. Patetic. Avoid. No one will appreciate you there.
Pros
Nothing at all.
Cons
Management, money, no progression within company, targets, temperature in winter
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire26 July 2018
Poor Management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford31 May 2018
I found that this workplace was very biased towards managements favourites. The work was uninspiring and there was very little opportunity to develop in any areas as a lot of the work was purely standing around due to the store being empty. As i shared the job with several people my own age it made work enjoyable to an extent, however the pay was poor (considering we had to buy new uniform every other week as we weren't allowed to wear clothes unless they were featured in store).
Management were also unforgiving when it came to being unable to work shifts due to other commitments, mine being university, which is more important.
Cons
Management, poor pay, short lunches
good
Warehouse Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 February 2018
I enjoyed working at the company the people are very good and help full. i learned how to communicate with people.The management are good.the most enjoyable part is when your are delivering customers parcel on time.
Cons
Poor management and unfriendly staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk3 November 2017
Do not work here if you are expecting to work in a friendly and supportive team. The staff members are unfriendly and do not treat you as if you’re part of a time.

The worst part of working for Jack Wills is the unprofessional and rude management. You are treated as if you are dirt on the bottom of a shoe. Management have unrealistic expectations with poor training and poor procedures. Nothing is kept confidential so everyone will know the slightest details about you, so beware. If you make any mistakes then you’re in trouble, however, if you do something good then you are not recognised.

The discount is rather good, however the pay is poor and you do not get many hours or holiday. The shop can be very quiet majority of the time, so it can be quite boring.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Poor training, rude management, unfriendly staff, poor procedures, boring shifts
Overall a great place to work, if you want to enjoy work
Sales/Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  England23 June 2017
Typical days are steady paced nothing too crazy unless your in the sale.
-Its mostly Store standards so folding if no ones in the store, and as soon as customers enter the store its massively focused on customer service. So if you like chatting , helping customers and converting sales this is the job for you. Also you'll learn the tills are probably one of the most important areas and hectic, however the day always seems to go quicker on the tills. (This is for a smaller store)
-I've learnt a lot working for Jack Wills mostly how to interact with customers and how to improve your ability to sell.
-The workplace culture is quite relaxed and fun, however slipping in areas like TTJ (customer feedback), sales and customer capture can really make life stressful depending on how well you cope with it.
- The real positives I have found from Jack Wills is the amazing management, it really makes work so much better and enjoyable. Every manager i have had has really supported me and helped improved at work. The managers i have had also have been fun to work with and very understanding as long as you work well and show improvement ( which is easy with the managers). (You may think this changes from store to store however i believe Jack Wills pick managers who fit this mould generally)
Pros
Great management, great discount, enjoyable atmosphere
Cons
Not the best pay
Fun Environment, Great benefits
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wembley16 May 2017
Very good environment to work in. Coworkers are excellent and a blast to be with including management and supervisors. Staff benefits are very generous and very satisfactory.
Pros
Large Discounts
Cons
On occasion, Slow days
reveiw
Customer Services Administrator (Headquarters) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 April 2017
Always busy as its very high end prestige place to work, Management can be very strict but professional. The hardest part of the job is the standing with heels all day can be very challenging.
Fun but boring
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire8 March 2017
The people who work in Jack Wills are a lovely bunch of people who will take you in like a family, however the day at work is made very long due to the repetitiveness of tasks and you always have to find things to do that maybe don't necessarily need doing. I didn't learn much at Jack Wills. A typical day at work is making sure standards are kept to an impeccable level, talking to customers and trying to make as much money from each person as possible, and to replenish stock whenever it is necessary. Jack Wills has a very youthful workforce from my experience and the social aspect of working there is fantastic as you meet lots of great people there. The management has always been a downside to the company, though, it is very disorganised and irrational in its operation. Impressing the management is the most difficult part of the job in my opinion.
Pros
Staff discount, free staff uniform
Cons
Repetitive, poor management.
Fine
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City4 March 2017
Low pay, good staff discount, management good generally however not a huge amount of scope for advancement. Customers generally very pleasant, stores generally very nice atmosphere and other members of staff friendly of similar lifestyle and age.
Sales Assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear1 March 2017
I would greet customers upon entrance, make all customers aware of any promotions happening in Jack Wills. Deal with any enquiries customers have and help them with any different sizes up additional suited purchases. I will serve people at the till, deal with any returns, deliveries or complaints.

I learnt the importance of brand representation and brand awareness. Even if a customer doesn't buy anything what they will remember is how you were with them and how friendly and well presented you seemed with will always determine whether they will return or not.

The hardest part of the job was time management. Jack Wills is a premium brand, therefore any items moved up unfolded would need to be immediately fixed and made perfect due to presentation but customers also came first so I had to learn quickly how to manage my time and juggle all important aspects and have every perfect as soon as possible.

The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with and speaking to people on an hourly basis as I am a hugely gregarious. I also cherished the family feel our Jack Wills team created and all the staff were supporting and kind to one another making the whole experience an envious environment to be in.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Not enough pay
Poor staff treatment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire28 February 2017
A typical day at work consist of doing one task for the duration of your shift e.g stood on front cover for 8 hours. Pay is very poor considering the company's very high expectations of you! Anyone would think your working for the queen! Management was constantly changing and was never stable. Your day will consist of board folding shirts and standing around doing nothing because the store is always empty. The only perk is discount but that doesn't account for alot because the salary is so bad. Furthermore half of the staff were only on 4 hour contracts so your looking at only £200 a month.
Pros
you might make some friends which make working here bearable
Cons
Poor salary, exceedingly high expectations, boring
Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds9 November 2016
- Challenging
- Fun
- Management always going out of their way to help other co workers develop skills.
- Changeovers
- Staff Training
- Hardest part of the job was when you didn't meet targets you wanted to.
Pros
- meet new people
Cons
- nothing
Ok for students
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol17 September 2016
This is not somewhere worth staying long term the hours are bad with most employees having to fight for better hours. Money would be OK for students but if you're looking for something full time where you can progress it's not worth it. Communication and management is also poor and training could be much better.
Pros
Uniform, staff are friendly
Cons
4 hour contracts, rate of pay, not much to do
Too many young employees in management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham21 August 2016
Too many young employees in management positions that did not have the experience or qualifications. This role was very much a temporary roll due to this.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
no management
Awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  South england21 August 2016
Treat staff so bad, always messed about. Bad management communication and bad pay. Only bonus is discount. Can never plan a day because you will suddenly get called in to work.
Cons
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford28 June 2016
Full time workplace over summer and during time at university.

Extremely trusting company to work for; there was plenty of opportunity to progress upwards, and lots of training that management was happy to give.

I was happy to undertake a selection of roles within Jack Wills Oxford, from cleaning, replenishing stock, working in fitting rooms, training new employees, visual merchandise, floor changes, and helping to close the store.

I learned that team work is extremely important; work was much easier when the employers worked together, especially when replenishing stock and helping a customer decide upon their outfits. I learned to work upon my own initiative, but to also work under management.

Overall, I loved my time at Jack Wills and I will take a lot of skills away from the experience.
Pros
Clothes discount
A company with room to grow
Senior Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Midlands9 May 2016
Working for Jack Wills has definitely given me a stronger set of customer service skills and shown me how to be a good leader with a predominantly younger team. Unfortunately once the buzz of Christmas/New Year has died down, it goes incredibly quiet making days drag a lot more as there wasn't as many jobs or jobs didn't need doing as much.
Management was incredibly good, the company chose a young management team to fit in with the young sales staff. It meant that the younger employees didn't feel intimidated by the management team. Only con for the management was communicating with each other and to the team. Rota's were messed up a lot and holidays were always an issue as management would forget to log it ready to add to the rota.
My team was incredibly young and all new to Jack Wills, like myself. We were all given the same amount of training, although I wish we had been given more. 4 hours shop floor work in a different store was not enough if I'm completely honest. Meaning opening day was more trial and error rather than everyone being competent.
The hardest part has to be the quiet days. There's only so much you can do when its dead and even the most motivated staff struggled.
The most enjoyable part was working close with the management team. I have really good chemistry with them that made the days go by a lot better.
Pros
Great discounts, Flexible with taking holiday, Interchangeable job roles within the store, Very personal customer service compared to other brands
Cons
Mid November through December strictly no holiday allowed, Season's change too fast meaning you're constantly spending money on new clothes, Company still uses archaic methods for BOH, Data Capture system is completely flawed - needs a new approach, Pay is minimum with no good pay increases until Assistant Manager
Productive, new and exciting workplace.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester City Centre10 November 2015
Great place to work under absolutely fantastic management and alongside a wonderful team. Everyone is constantly learning and developing themselves as a person in the store. Relaxed working environment but everyone knows their limits, and through this style of management all levels of management are well respected. I'd say the most enjoyable and yet the hardest part of the job is working with such close friends, although a great experience, sometimes you have to tell them otherwise.
Pros
Free Uniform, discounted clothes and goods.
Cons
Working during Christmas and New Year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jack Wills LTD. Our community is ready to answer.