Jack Wills LTD Employee Reviews

Wouldn't recommend for entry level
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Acton, Greater London11 April 2018
In the summer there are occasional socials, with bbqs and a sports day. However, leavers drinks seem to be a weekly occurrence for good reason... If you wish to develop your career then this is not the place for you. Buying and merch currently going through a change meaning no one knows what they are currently doing. Lack of development and training means the job becomes very stale very quickly, with no clear development even after a year. If you are expecting a pay rise, it won't happen END OF, the pay will not increase until you are promoted after a long time or unless you leave.
Pros
Youthful company and guarantee you will make friends
Cons
Under paid, under developed, under trained and under appreciated.
good
Warehouse Driver (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 February 2018
I enjoyed working at the company the people are very good and help full. i learned how to communicate with people.The management are good.the most enjoyable part is when your are delivering customers parcel on time.
Always changing
dsign manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 February 2018
Not a great place to work, a bit lost as a company. So job security is a bit lacking. Used to be a great place with real vision but now they dont know who their market is
Brilliant!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shop Floor23 January 2018
Loved working here, It taught me how to provide an excellent level of customer service. Also helped that everyone who works there is so nice! Loved it.
Pros
Nice People to work with
Cons
N/a
Energetic fun place to work. Has had growing pains, but have come through that to be a great global brand.
Global Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 December 2017
Have a clear view of what it is as a brand and its customer base. Stores and clothing brings a unique view of what it means to be a British brand. Moving from UK centric to Global.
Ok for part time job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff16 November 2017
I would recommend this job for the great perks of 60% off for you and friends (Limited) and 70% off on a couple of uniform items. The pay is minimum, and the workload reflects a higher paid job, its is therefore not viable as a long-term job unless you are set on moving up the corporate ladder.
Pros
good discount
Cons
big workload
Great Company, amazing memories.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire16 November 2017
A great Company to work at whilst at Uni.
I would highly recommend the Jack Wills experience to any Under Grads at Oxford Brookes.

My role included:
• Delegation of staff in order certain tasks were completed throughout the day, for example, assigning a member of staff to complete delivery.
• Motivating staff to help meet store targets, I would do this by refreshing them on customer service skills and product knowledge.
• Customer Service skills, in Jack Wills we provide a premium customer service which is personal to the customer.
• Banking, I would be in charge of cashing up the tills at the weekends.
• I would also write a trade report on a Sunday which is a document reporting on all of the aspects from the week and the figures from the week.
• Standards and Replenishment.
• I have also been to other stores to help them open, for example, I helped the Southampton Store set up for their opening.
• Teamwork and Adaption to Change, the turnover of staff in the shop is big so I am used to working with different and new people all the time.
sales/team leader
Sales Assistant/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Plymouth7 November 2017
Jack Wills, is a busy high end retail brand, with an insight of delivering and selling, popular british clothing.
In store we make sure we maintain a very high standards.
Pros
discount on clothing
Cons
the wage for ages
Poor management and unfriendly staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk3 November 2017
Do not work here if you are expecting to work in a friendly and supportive team. The staff members are unfriendly and do not treat you as if you’re part of a time.

The worst part of working for Jack Wills is the unprofessional and rude management. You are treated as if you are dirt on the bottom of a shoe. Management have unrealistic expectations with poor training and poor procedures. Nothing is kept confidential so everyone will know the slightest details about you, so beware. If you make any mistakes then you’re in trouble, however, if you do something good then you are not recognised.

The discount is rather good, however the pay is poor and you do not get many hours or holiday. The shop can be very quiet majority of the time, so it can be quite boring.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Poor training, rude management, unfriendly staff, poor procedures, boring shifts
Great company to work for and a lovely team
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire26 September 2017
I loved working at Jack Wills, I always had a laugh and was able to create new friendships within the team. I learnt new skills that will help me in the future, skills from working a till to communication skills with customers and high member of staff. I loved help setting up to new store and learning how the success of a store is created. The Milton Keynes branch was a pleasure to work at.
Productive and Fun Workplace - VERY FRIENDLY
Social Media Intern (Former Employee) –  North Acton, Greater London15 September 2017
Highly recommend. Fun and friendly environment.
Great gym that everyone can use. Nice open plan kitchen area which is very social.
Sadly North Acton isn't an ideal location.
Pros
Free gym, fun barbecues
Cons
North Acton
Fine for a uni job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 September 2017
This was a great job while on holiday from university. Good hours and choice of locations available. If you worked hard you were given opportunities. Great colleagues
Good company
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salcombe23 August 2017
Really enjoyed working here was extremely fun and gained a lot of experience within this workplace. really good opportunity to work and be part of a good team.
Productive, fun atmosphere and great people to work with
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London1 August 2017
Days at jack wills varied from stockroom to shop floor duties, which kept your day versatile and and not too repetitive. Great team of people which made work fun and productive, including after work activities and events.
Pros
Flexible with university students hours
stressful
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire29 July 2017
Too much pressure for what you do. Very monotonous and boring. You just stand and fold clothes pretty much all day and the pressure to perform is so hight that it's not enjoyable to work there.
Pros
Cheap clothes
Cons
Stressful
Family workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire22 July 2017
during the three years at jack wills, i mace not only friends, but a family. the work benefits are great and the support from those in higher demand are fantastic.

the ability to sort my hours around the university life was also great as they understood exactly where every student came from. it was a pleasure to work at Jack Wills.

special mention to the Boss Tracey, one in a million.
Pros
great discount
Great employee perks
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire15 July 2017
Great perks as a Jack Wills employee, lots of free clothes quite regularly and massive discounts.
Really fun team at the original store I worked at, however this was not the case at the store I moved to at uni - so must vary.
Training could be better.
Overall a great place to work, if you want to enjoy work
Sales/Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  England23 June 2017
Typical days are steady paced nothing too crazy unless your in the sale.
-Its mostly Store standards so folding if no ones in the store, and as soon as customers enter the store its massively focused on customer service. So if you like chatting , helping customers and converting sales this is the job for you. Also you'll learn the tills are probably one of the most important areas and hectic, however the day always seems to go quicker on the tills. (This is for a smaller store)
-I've learnt a lot working for Jack Wills mostly how to interact with customers and how to improve your ability to sell.
-The workplace culture is quite relaxed and fun, however slipping in areas like TTJ (customer feedback), sales and customer capture can really make life stressful depending on how well you cope with it.
- The real positives I have found from Jack Wills is the amazing management, it really makes work so much better and enjoyable. Every manager i have had has really supported me and helped improved at work. The managers i have had also have been fun to work with and very understanding as long as you work well and show improvement ( which is easy with the managers). (You may think this changes from store to store however i believe Jack Wills pick managers who fit this mould generally)
Pros
Great management, great discount, enjoyable atmosphere
Cons
Not the best pay
Fun Environment, Great benefits
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wembley16 May 2017
Very good environment to work in. Coworkers are excellent and a blast to be with including management and supervisors. Staff benefits are very generous and very satisfactory.
Pros
Large Discounts
Cons
On occasion, Slow days
Sale assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne16 May 2017
A great place to work with exciting opportunities and a vibrant team of people. Good pay and benefits with pleasant customers and a great staff discount.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jack Wills LTD. Our community is ready to answer.