Jack Wills LTD Employee Reviews

Fun, Friendly Team. Great Opportunities
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey23 August 2019
Management are lovely and professional. They are really caring about you and your feelings. Everyone is treated equally and fairly. It is a fun work environment and a great place to make plenty of friends. There was a few sales assistants (one in particular) that were really nasty, especially towards management. They even did this to other sales assistants. Always trying to throw people under the bus. Management and HR dealt with this really well and they are no longer in the business. The team is now really close and support one another. There is really good opportunity for progression if you work for it. I love my team and look forward to coming to work everyday.
Uniform Benefits are probably the most generous you'll get in work. You get free clothes and up to 70% allowance
Great job with an amazing team
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey17 August 2019
I can honesty say I feel the happiest I ever have in this job. I look forward to every shift and that is mostly down to the people I work with. Everyone is so supportive and I couldn’t ask for a better group to work alongside. I truly class both the management team and all the other sales assistants as some of my closest friends. The role itself is enjoyable as there is always plenty to do! It’s a lovely store to work in with a really lovely atmosphere. Wouldn’t change my job at all!
Pros
Most amazing colleagues, staff discount, friendly atmosphere
Fab workplace environment.
Part Time Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey16 August 2019
I have been working at jack wills for almost a year. The management and supervising team are lovely and approachable. I have made great friends with the management/ supervising team as well as the other sales assistants.The job is relatively simple, just providing customer service and sorting clothes. Overall, the workplace has a very positive vibe and it is a very friendly place to work. I love it here
Pros
Great friendships made, excellent staff discount.
What are they even doing
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gatwick14 August 2019
Was with jack wills for a year, first 6 months were fab and made lots of friends. Then the company decided to make lots of changes and bring in new management who were horrible, patronising and careless. Not to mention selfish and unapproachable. A childish business to work for and wouldn’t work here unless desperate.
Bearable job, toxic enviroment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camberley30 July 2019
I can't give management one star as I did have fantastic managers who cared for their staff and wellbeing, but the same can't be said for our supervisor. She pressured a lot of us to the point where some people didn't show up to work and was deemed a bully by multiple employees. I didn't feel comfortable at work and felt my only option was to leave.
The environment was relatively toxic with favouritism clearly shown by some members of staff and this made others feel bad.
The actual job itself is pretty easy, just folding clothes and dealing with customers who were polite most of the time. As an older member of staff, the pay was decent but under 18's were on less than a fiver.
Pros
Pay was okay, good discount
Cons
Bullying in the workplace, poor/ unfair treatment of staff, uncomfortable atmosphere
Horrible place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey30 July 2019
When I worked here I received nothing but harsh comments from the supervisor who would then go and speak to the manager and complain I wasn’t doing enough. I felt discriminated against because of comments made by this person and Myself and other colleagues felt pressured by her so much to the point where some of us didn’t even want to come in, resulting in leaving the company. I had a meeting with my manager who later fired me because she had told him I was rude, unwilling to work and had made several other comments about me. None of this was true as my colleagues were just as shocked as I was when I was let go due to unfair dismissal.

Many other people I worked with have now quit because they feel bullied by this one supervisor as she makes it an unhappy environment to work in and I’m sad it’s come down to having to leave this poor review as it’s not necessarily the company that’s bad it’s just the bad choice of ‘management’ this store hired.
Pros
Make good friends
Cons
Everything else
Best job I’ve EVER had!
Sales Assistant/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Derby25 July 2019
I worked here for 18 months during my final few years of University. Most amazing management, caring compassionate and understanding. Loved every shift here! The only reason for leaving was due to needing more hours than were available to me. If you’re looking for a chilled, laid back and friendly environment I couldn’t recommend working here any more!
Unnecessarily stressful but nice people
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London19 July 2019
The best thing about the job was definitely my co-workers, as we all had the same issues with the company and our stores. They pay you minimum wage but expect you to do loads. A lot of unnecessary pressure and stress from management to meet targets you have nothing to do about. Was a wasteful 2 years of my life working for them and if I could take it back I would.
Pros
Good staff discount
Amazing place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham21 June 2019
I absolutely loved my time at jack wills with such an amazing team. The benefits were endless with an amazing focus on wellbeing I only left to follow my career which they supported 100%
Pros
Discount
Cons
A lot of quiet spells
Engaging and ever changing
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent17 June 2019
Great, fresh new company to work for. Unfortunately, this does not come without its issues. Logistically very poor.
Unfortunate they do not have store in Europe, this is a very slow progression. However, there are many other area in which Jack Wills exceeds.
Pros
great networking and new opportunities all the time
Cons
bonus packages and salaries could be better
Uni students only
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol14 June 2019
Okay but mainly suitable for uni students as they’re not too keen on giving full time hours, they prefer to hire more people and to have part/time and temp staff.
Horrible bullying culture and vile managers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff7 June 2019
bullyish and mean managers, wouldn't wish my worst enemy to work for this company. Managers are completely unreasonable and vile. Inflexible when hiring students and rude to staff
Pros
Cons
poor controlling management, unpaid short lunch breaks, bad uniform allowance, bullyish management, unreasonable, inflexible when hiring students
It's Alright
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater London5 June 2019
It's alright.

Worked for the brand for some time now. Hoped it would change or improve, but for every area that does get better another area gets worse.This is due to management only be able to focus on one thing at a time.

The pros of this brand include the fact that the clothing itself has really improved over the last few years and you do get good discount on this.

The other pro is the people you work with are often really nice and great people.
Pros
Good discount, normally good staff
Cons
poor pay, constantly expected to work over time for free.
Skeem ekse
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Sheffield30 May 2019
working at JW PM shift is a job just to help you get by until something better comes along.Got on with most employees can be fun at times. Team leaders are useless (except for one team leader top class).(shift manager top class) There is a lot of favoritism in JW. if you dont bow down to them they make your life difficult and will find ways to get rid of you they love you more if you are a RAT.you learn nothing.Management higher up have no clue to what is going on in the warehouse. THEY NEED TO DO UNDER COVER BOSS. SERIOUSLY.
Pros
Na
Worst Job I’ve ever Had
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire30 May 2019
I worked there briefly last year and I was treated so badly by management but also I was on the lowest pay possible (4.20) and I did more work then most of the people there combined and they earned double what I did. I would not recommend working here at all as you’re treated awfully, told what to wear to minute detail and you were always declined holidays even when I needed them. I would give this a 0/10 if I could.
Pros
Free clothes
Cons
Practically no wage, bad management and no holiday
Great team and rewarding working environment
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Belfast17 April 2019
I feel valued as a member of the team not only for reaching company target but I feel like I belong to something greater than just a work team. Recommend for any university student.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Minimum wage
Awful at looking after their employees
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 April 2019
Terrible at looking after their employees welfare and health.
Injured myself at work and very complacent on dealing with it properly. Do not work for them unless you want to be belittled by higher management and disregarded as a person.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Productive, Fun, Friendly
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow8 April 2019
This was an unbelievable company to work for. I would recommend it to anybody looking to get into the Fashion Industry. The staff made me feel very comfortable, and the management team was out standing.
Good management and a good working environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 March 2019
A typical day at work consists of rota preparation and delegating task to the team, also taking orders from higher up in the business in order to carry out any tasks that are at hand of the day.
Pros
Little repetition
Cons
Limited progression
Quiet and interesting
Seasonal Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol6 March 2019
Jack Wills was an incredibly quiet and non-busy environment. During my brief seasonal time here, I managed to learn about store merchandising and luckily I had more time for staff training and administration duties.
Pros
Great brand
Cons
Few hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jack Wills LTD. Our community is ready to answer.