Jack & Jones

Jack & Jones Employee Reviews

United Kingdom63 reviews
Although our particular mat did not have a manager we were still supervised and advised by other members of Jack & Jones staff, whether this be a phone call, text message or contribute to WhatsApp group conversation. I’m still currently working for them so they must be pleased with the work I’ve done so far.
Pros
50% Discount
Cons
Be prepare to work long hours
It is rare to see any of the employees idle be it a busy day or a slow day. I learned how to interact with customers and improved on my organisation skills,time management and communication skills. The manager was super friendly and we all knew when it was time to joke around and when to be serious with our work. The hardest part was tidying up the store and serving customers because customers were always our first priority but we also had to make sure the store was clean and organised. I loved working behind the till, handling money and interacting with the customers as I serve them.
It was okay until a new random manager was brought in. Rude manipulative stressful work environment no trading was provided kind of Just learnt things as you go
Poor pay, long hours. Misleading prices put out to customers. Very forced sales job. Expect normal Customer advisors to do managers job without managers pay.
Management was stretched and more focused on their own progression than their employees. Stress and anxiety where at a max whilst at work with management as scrutiny is very high. Great colleagues and even better customers, management never really knew how to help.
Started as a brand specialist working around my childcare and then when i couldnt do a shift to have been demoted to a christmas temp, all promises of good things to actually be let down even if i tried to get it resolved i didnt so i quit immediately
I loved my job , I always wanted to work and was always happy to cover anyone’s shift , my manager sy was amazing for my first job I’d never of asked for a better managers and colleagues , the floor was a simple lay out ,
Keeps you busy and allows you to work with the public. Management was excellent and always encourged you to do your best work. Learned how to keep up with target market with advertisement in latest trends. Worked very well being part of this great team
This company is a lovely company to work for! Management are so lovely and I honeslty was made to feel right at home, the team work hard to support eachother to meet there overall target! You don’t get punished if you don’t meet your target that day if you meet more than your target another day to make up for profit! As long as your happy and enthusiastic this is the job for you! It’s is an excellent company to work for and mamagment are fantastic love this company highly recommend
Working to make targets working as a team or individual, working in sales to be top seller or to be working the stock room rearranging and sorting out sales and so on
A typical day at Jack and Jones concession, your task is to ensure that the shop floor is presented and dressed well, as well as being a helpful and friendly figure to the general public who may come in and look around.

Working for Jack and Jones taught me more about their company and how their clothes were made (I always found that interesting) and boosted my social skills which made me more confident to talk to people and communicate better.

The workplace environment I was in was fun and really positive so I would always be leaving work in a good mood which I think is important when you are working somewhere.

I'd say the only challenge of the job is keeping on top of dressing and presentation when it's busy although this can be resolved easily when it then quietens down.
My time at Jack and Jones was amazing, the staff were so fun and supportive making the job feel like a hobby and passion. Each day I was keen to work, learn new things, work on tills and conversing with staff and customers.
To ensure I knew everything I asked to be trained more and more, to be re taught everything so I could write it down and revise it all such as the policies, deals, materials and names of clothing and different ways to efficiently and professionally standardise and serve.

overall it was amazing the pay was good, the hours were great and flexible with my education and personal life as well as the discount and benefits the job included.
Pros
flexible breaks, flexible hours, friendly enviroment and staff, great discount and training
After recently achieving my IRATA Level 1 rope access course and BOSEIT safety survival course I am extremely keen to enter into this industry. it was
I was made to take 10 to 14 k home a night because there wasn't a safe in store this was a safety breach to me and i wasn't happy to do it so i left.

Management made comments about my personal life and i was more of the manager than her the company is a joke .
Pros
Nice store
Cons
Long hours overworked bad team management
The job was very sale focused and it felt a lot of the time we were pressured into forcing customers to buy things. We had very limited staff and very rarely ever left in time at the end of the night. Managers would pressure us to stay behind later and would show very little presence in the shopfloor. I was only part time there and hated every second of it.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Long hours forcing sales and pressuring customers to buy things.
This was my first ‘official’ PT job and I was very excited to start. The prospect of working at a brand new concession in a bustling university city seemed like it would be a brilliant opportunity for me to develop my skills and grow as a person. However shortly after being there I found this not to be the case. This was the biggest concession they had in East Anglia yet very little was done from the very begging to promote this. In my view the manager was unprofessional, unmotived and the general managment structure/daily running was profoundly lacking in execution. Given that we were all new to the the company I thought things would improve but they only seemed to get worse. Senior staff in head office would often send out conflicting emails and when you did need to get hold of them they either wouldn’t answer and would read your message and not reply (NOT HELPFUL). There was 4/5 of us employed to cover the concession but due to the very clever arrangement of working hours on contacts meant the majority of work was classed as overtime. For example my contract was 4hours plus overtime which is ridiculous when you think about the hours needed and the number of staff. I was getting payed £5.90 p/hr but often would find myself expected to go beyond the associated duties of a typical sales assistant. This included providing full time cover when the manager swanned off to tan themselves for two weeks in the costa del sol just a month into the concession opening! Complicated administration duties including payroll, category performance reviews and various excel tasks were just a - more...
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Rate of pay
Very inclusive team working environment with a brilliant competitive selling atmosphere. It was challenging to provide customers with the stock room clothes as it was too far away.
I have been able to meet new and interesting people every day while working with some of the nicest people that I've have had the pleasure of working with.
Here I have developed more customer service skills and how to sell a product to a customer. Therefore, I am capable of persuading a customer to buy a product by using the features and benefits of the product. This has personally helped me as now I am able to reach my personal targets at work to help the company reach its given targets. Also this has helped me strengthen my confidence as now I am able to walk up to my customers to ensure they are fine without being nervous
Enjoyed interacting with customers, learning key skills in regards to finance & controlling money.
Good management team.

It is a relaxed environment, co-workers a joy to work with.
During my time at the store I had many fantastic expiriences and learned a lot about the company and all the brands within it due to the large amount of material at hand and resources during my training however once this was all done I was left in the dark with not much feedback or recognition from head office, your are not exactly valued as a person as you are just another tool to get the job done, no negative or positive feedback given on performance and the store manager is not the most pleasant person to work with, constantly had bad breathe and smelt of Strong BO

Apart from that if you land in a great team it’s a very nice place to work
Pros
Staff discount, training
Cons
Garbage pay, not valued/disposable