JD Employee Reviews

Not an enjoyable place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thanet District, Kent17 November 2018
Standard retail job always kept very busy and if you are willing you can progress reasonably quickly. However the wages are extremely low and the rota was only given a week in advance, any time I wanted to book time off there was a massive issue. They only consider profit and not staff wellbeing.
Pros
One hour lunch break
Cons
Poor wages
Awful pay, management and work/life balance
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside8 November 2018
Minimum wage and the discount is only after 3 months. Roaters are never done so planning anything out of work past a week is virtually impossible unless your availability is only a few certain days. Managment treat you like your nothing anf i just wouldn’t recommended unless you really need the money where you can get alot of hours.
Pros
Cons
Managment salary work/life balance
Adorei trabalhar lá
operadora de balcao (Former Employee) –  Statford, london23 May 2017
Foi um local de emprego sem stress todos nos adequamos e sabíamos as nossas funções ajudou me a desemprenhar um bom espirito de equipa.
Good work but poor salary and demanding hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester14 May 2017
The work was not bad, they kept you busy but did not expect too much however the pay was low and the hours expected to work were too much as I was sometimes working full days from Thursday to Sunday then going to uni on Monday to Wednesday so I wasn't getting a day off even though I had requested at least one.
Pros
Type of work
Cons
Wage and hours
average place to work
Customer Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burythorpe, North Yorkshire14 March 2017
its an ok place to work. Not easily accessible if you do not drive. Good benefits with discount. Training could be longer then the current 2 weeks. People are great.
fun
Model (Former Employee) –  hull11 March 2017
The company it's ok and loveley staff as well
I had loveley day's when i been working ther so i want to try again and again .........................
Pros
free lunch
stimolante
cassiera commessa (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 November 2016
in base al tipo di giornata mi veniva assegnato la mansione da svolgere. es: sistemare il magazzino, reparto clienti a contatto con la clientela vendita, cassiere.
Il lavoro in generale era piacevole in generale.
Well planned ahead future
Acounts assistance (Former Employee) –  Manchester10 October 2016
While doing my work experience, I was held in a meeting with the department about how they could develop the experience of shopping inside the shops. There were ideas such a paying with a scan of an eye. A treadmill so they can see how you walk in the shoe so they can fit the shoe based on how you walk so it best fits you. They were all very creative ideas
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
short lunches
Long days of nothing
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester10 October 2016
Working in two different stores over a year, it's obvious that each store has completely different ideas of team management and responsibilities. The job itself is pretty simple, and my supervisors/managers at the first store were friendly and down to earth. The second store however was very different. Rude management, no real sense of a team, very easy for them to give me all the hardest jobs being "the newbie in the group", regardless of the fact I'd already been working in the company for 10 months. Wages were terrible at just £4.27 an hour.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
Rude staff
Hard work but somehow fun?
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London25 July 2016
In my time at JD Sports I was able to obtain new skills required to work in a retail organisation. It allowed me to understand the importance of teamwork and working well under pressure. however, the pay wasn't matching up to the amount of work being put in.
Pros
trainers
Cons
long hours, little pay
Worst job ever
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Rochdale4 July 2016
I worked at the JD warehouse at kings way in Rochdale and found it hard work you would constantly be watched by team leaders supervisors and managers and could not stop for literally a minute because you would be told off and threatened that they will give you a strike and there rules are 3 strikes and you get fired. Security would walk around like bosses and constantly try checking you for any chewing gum or sweet or anything else that was banned such as labelled clothing although I worked there for over a year the only reason I stayed that long was because it was the workers that I became good friends with that kept me there. They work on 4days on 4 days off rota and I worked 12 hour shifts they would not let me reduce my hours or days and threatened me that I would be fired if I did so. The management/supervisors walk around constantly looking down at ordinary members of staff and will never acknowledge anything that you have achieved. Your basic human rights are not acknowledged here and no legislation was followed here they have a bullying culture in this company and management will never accept any complaints no matter how genuine if you get hurt here or anything bad happens be prepared for a fight because they have a team of lawyers that are paid to take every case to court. Assist agency who provide JD sports with staff is the worst agency who literally give there workers no rights and are not willing to even listen to their your side they will fire you without a second thought. Assist will constantly underpay you and when you realise and go to their office to speak  more... to them about it they will try and make it look like there's nothing wrong with your wages and that they payed you the correct amount it took me 5 visits to there office to sort it out they had been paying me £80 less every week after 5 Weeks they had underpaid me £400 so when they paid it with my wage I was taxed most of it. Overall the worst place to work makes you feel like a Slave they pay you the bare minimum here there is no job progression you are treated badly and never acknowledged. When you start shift you have to use your fingerprint at one of the machines and everytime you go to or come back from break you use the same machine because if you are even 1 minute late you will be docked 15 minutes pay. The breaks are 15 minutes in the morning 30 at lunch and 15 in the afternoon these are if you work 12 hours you don't get a break if you work 6 hour shifts or less and would get 15 if you work 8 hours. This organisation needs to be investigated because workers have no rights and a lot of the legislations put in place to protect workers are ignored and there is a constant fear amongst workers that they will be fired because constantly workers are fired and made examples of for little mistakes you can be fired here. Workers are constantly getting watched there are security cameras everywhere you go but they still think workers are theifing stock so randomly search you and every time you finish your shift it will take you minimum 15 minutes to get out because everyone is searched by security before you leave. This place was the worst place I ever worked and a real low point in my life I hope nobody has to work in these conditions the worst organisation with a bullying and racist culture and literally slave labour  less
Pros
Cons
Pay is bare minimum no job advancement bullying culture
fun and hard working workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG9 September 2015
great atmosphere staff worked really hard at this job to get the products sold and people loved working there its a good workplace and get a lot of experience.
Productive and fun workplace
Temporary sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Wigan, ENG22 July 2015
i enjoyed working here as it is something i enjoy and being around people with similar tastes to me helped to build on my knowledge and be able to make more informed suggestions to customers based on what they are looking for/
Pros
fun, clean and friendly environment
Cons
it was very short and i wuld have liked to work there for longer
my work place
In store supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT6 May 2015
i usually work 9 or 10 hours a day.
i keep busy by maintain the standard of the shop.
the most enjoyable part pf my job is learning new things, placing new lings, chaning high displays.
Pros
discount
Cons
long days
Not a bad place to work had its downfalls
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Rochdale17 February 2015
for the first few weeks it was brilliant new experience for me and i learned new things. After a while i felt intimidated by the other workers and they under paid me.

Other wise I have nothing bad to say it was a brilliant place i loved the experience and the fact that i learnt new things.
Good Place to Work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  ENG29 August 2014
I had specific duties to carry out i.e. sorting standards out, dealing with customers complaints, approaching customers, sorting stock out when the delivery has been made, working with other staff members, being responsible for processing cash and card payments, attaching price tags to merchandise on the shop floor, responsible for security within the store and being on the look out for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards, and receiving and storing the delivery of large amounts of stock and also keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays.
Pros
shifts
Cons
very fun and a nice environment to work in
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  kingston30 April 2014
working in JD was a good experience for me, i gained a lot pf skills in such a short time. it was fun environment to work in and my colleges was nice and easy to get along with. it felt as if we knew each other before so because i had such a good and quick connection with the people i was working with i enjoyed working there.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chester6 February 2014
A typical day at work is productive as I learn a lot on a day to day basis with customers and staff and management alone, I find it is a high security job with rules and regulations but I feel I want to work somewhere with more structure with salary and what we get out of it benefit wise as I feel that should be something to give you motivation to work there. I am on a full time contract but I feel I live there and have minimal time for myself and family due to the time I am in work till almost everyday. I want to be somewhere with better management so I can learn more from them and for them to push me and give me something to aim for and I don't want to work somewhere which I think runs on a scare factor of saying anything wrong if you do have a problem with something in the work place.
Pros
Keeping busy and learning how to work with all different kind of people.
Cons
Long hours, No benefit or praise.
An enjoyable place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blacks Liverpool28 April 2013
Most enjoyable part of the job was engaging customers and helping them find the products that they need.
fun hard working
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  trafford3 December 2012
was clean up till shop opens the make sure till have correct money then serve costumers for the rest of the day while making sure the shop stays clean and keeping on top of standards
Pros
fun people fun staff
Cons
sometime not right hours