JD Sports Employee Reviews

Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Romford20 August 2018
Working at JD sports is a great experience especially for those who like retail. However the management team was a bit disappointing. However working at JD sports was a great experience and I would recommend working there.
Pros
Discount and easy promotions
Cons
Bad management
great first job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire16 August 2018
The job is good for a first job. the flexibility is amazing so it is the perfect part-time job. It is ideal for anyone who's in school or uni. the worker will usually be your age so it is a good place to work.
Poor pay, even poorer management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian13 August 2018
Worked in the Livingston store. Got £4.27/h which isn't anywhere close to matching the level of work I was doing. A typical day at work would involve serving customers, tidying up the shop floor and staff area. The only positive of the job was that I gained experience dealing with customers. Management were overall very poor. Staff were often pestered with texts as well as WhatsApp messages from the manager. Staff were constantly berated by the manager if jobs were not completed to the absolute highest standard and were often humiliated in front of their peers. Staff morale was very low. The hardest part of the job was trying to serve when it was busy as it could get very stressful. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers.
Pros
Experience serving customers
Cons
Incredibly poor management
stressful work environment
Stockroom Assistant/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield13 August 2018
Management were very disorganised and unprofessional. Their disorganisation resulted in blame being placed on other employees. I found it a very stressful environment to work in. Management seemed to have one standard for themselves and different for everyone else. Regional manager was very immature and was often overheard being mocked by store managers when out of earshot. I was offered very little guidance and treated like I was stupid when I was unsure of a task. I was spoken to disrespectfully by management in the period before leaving after handing my notice in. Other colleagues were genuinely very nice, friendly and hardworking, however there were some that believed were above their station and could be disrespectful and, at times, quite nasty when addressing other colleagues.
Pros
store discount
Cons
management not good
Okay
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Meadowhall, South Yorkshire10 August 2018
Wanting new job as job not full filling enough. Need a new challenge to further my career aspirations in order to achieve goals. By changing jobs I feel I will achieve more out of life.
gained alot of product knowledge
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 August 2018
found the area to be quite rough so was constantly on edge due to shoplifters, managers kept pushing for targets with no reward system in place or any incentive towards staff
Productive and fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire2 August 2018
Nice to work there, salary can be an issue for some. good management. shift patterns may change dependent on the stores requirement. overall good and satisfying job
I didn't directly work for them.
Voice Actor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow1 August 2018
I was hired as a Voice Actor for them through an agency. Their scripts were professional and well-written. It didn't take me long to get into the character/voice they wanted.
Shift pattern 6am-2pm great and some nice people
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Rochdale1 August 2018
I was mainly picking and packing which is OK but more job rotation would help avoid boredom. Little management supervision or incentives (e.g. financial) to work harder so some people work really hard whilst others do very little for the same pay. Notice boards full of statistics regarding productivity and targets but in reality, little team focus or contact with management. Toilets were awful but met some really nice people of many backgrounds and nationalities. Strict rules regarding being on your feet/ not sitting down so I consequently developed heel pain which I still have 6 months later and was ultimately why I left.
Pros
Stress free and shift pattern
Cons
Paid peanuts and daft rules re-sitting down.
Flexible, high paced, will cater to your needs.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear28 July 2018
a very fast paced store with a huge number of staff. You're required to pick up the basics relatively quickly, if you show interest you'll get everything you need, you have to be able to work for yourself to be able to get the full package.

Fantastic opportunities to advance within the company, show a willingness to learn and you will be pushed through to management opportunities following a "sign off" process.
Pros
25% discount, flexible contracts
Cons
Very busy and sometimes very repetitive.
like a prison
Picker Packer (Former Employee) –  Rochdale22 July 2018
people a very nice i mean team but every single time you feel like in prison in that jd warehouse it was shown on chanel 4 news also so many people was watching it
A productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  East London21 July 2018
Learned a lot during my time at JD sports, the management team was well organized which helps us the employees to organize our daily life such as College/Universities and so on.
basic
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton19 July 2018
This job experience is good for a first job however the company itself to work for is very unorganised. They had me folding sleeves of clothing for my whole 9 hour shift. i learnt the basics of the working life however i did not see the enjoyment to working.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Unorganised
Productive fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire17 July 2018
This company allowed me to learn a complete new skill set. I was able to progress throughout the company into a management role and take that with my further into my career. I met a lot of great people in this job and throughly enjoyed my time with the company.
Pros
Meeting new people
fun but rude work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey17 July 2018
it's a good place to work, kind staff but the manager is rude and treats the staff like something on the bottom of his shoe and unfortunately people have left because of this
Pros
make friends
Cons
the managers attitude
OK to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Castleford13 July 2018
Nothing wrong with the place, OK to work for. Learnt a lot about retail and what had to be done to ensure stock sold and looked good for customers. Culture was fine everyone got along
Good social place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom11 July 2018
You meet a lot of fun new people working on the shop floor. It can get really busy and there is times when you have to work under pressure and be careful not to make any mistakes! Minimum wage. Uniform is given to you for free! Jeans and trainers was the dress code
Pros
Fun to meet people!
Cons
Really busy place to work at times
Enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey10 July 2018
Best place to work, met amazing staff members and had an amazing team to work with. Always had a laugh. Met some nice customers who were patient enough to wait to be felt with. We would already set the best customer service possible for the best customer experience.
Pros
Friendly staff and customers. Easy store to look after.
Cons
Long shifts. Arrogant customers. Customers who picked items up and chuck them on floor.
productuve
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham5 July 2018
• Smiling, greeting and making eye contact with every customer
• Talking to every customer, finding out their needs and then offering advice
• Handling customer complaints and returns
• Retrieving stock, showing it to customers and then putting it away
• Remaining calm under pressure
decent
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol5 July 2018
since working at Jd Sports was my first job i gained a couple of skills that i have already used and can hopefully use in the near future as well. best part was achieving set standards
Pros
making friends
Cons
not enough money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JD Sports. Our community is ready to answer.