JD Sports Employee Reviews

enjoyable due to geuinely nice staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage20 October 2018
typical day at work busy, highly productive. learned how to merchandise on own accord, management not everyone's so nice treatment can be poor. workplace culture fun with the right staff. hardest part of job is delivery at Christmas times, boxing day prep.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
terrible pay practically. minimum wage
Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merthyr Tydfil18 October 2018
Had fun while I worked there but in the end it got boring. Nice work vibe as it is very friendly there. footwear is more fun to work on, the fact you can't wear your own clothes is terrible
Pros
Discount
Cons
Bad hours
Productive work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex15 October 2018
Everyone works well as a team to get all jobs done efficiently on a reasonable timescale. People use their team work skills to do this successfully. Customer service skills are used all the time during this job.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Dynamic workplace filled with young beautiful people, bad pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grays13 October 2018
Very active, lots of traffic, fun colleagues however it can get quite stressful during the holidays and the customers can be real devils.

Unfortunately most of the people working there are high school kids or students so the pay is abysmal and work ethic is non-existent (not always a bad thing).
Pros
Fun people, can see the latest fashion
Cons
bad pay, horrible customers
Enjoyable place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire13 October 2018
Friendly and Sociable colleagues and every day was different. It was well run and well organised and I very much enjoyed working there. I would recommend that people apply.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low Pay
Challenging
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow fort11 October 2018
As a christmas temp it was hard to get a full experience of the staff and company but the customers where very difficult and very demanding around that time of year but overall a positive experience
Boring but progressive work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belfast9 October 2018
Working in JD has its benefits and its disadvantages ranging from management to the store ethic itself. It does ensure learning and the ability to use everything effectively but in terms of treatment I wouldn't recommend for those unfamiliar with the pretences of customer service.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Romford, Greater London9 October 2018
 Selling and taking payments from customers
 Dealing with complaints which I would then have to inform my manager about
 Being able to exchange items and refunds
 Stock checks
 Maintaining neat displays of products
 Handling and advising customers with questions/queries
 Cashier work

KEY SKILLS:

 Possessing good IT skills
 Great communication skills
 Well presented, polite and pleasant
 Dealing with stressful situations in a calm manner
 Having a keen interest in helping and guiding people when needed
 Punctual and good time keeper
Don’t work here
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex8 October 2018
Chance manager all the time to different store all there care about is hitting targets and making money over all of there staff including managers they self.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Very low pay, no support.
Abuse workers rights, slave labour
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Nottingham Victoria Centre8 October 2018
Appalling conditions of service. Do not conform to employment law when employing 16-18 yr olds. ( keep individuals in store, working above and beyond legal limits and do not pay for extra time. Do not conform to legal break requirements. Pay Absolute minimum wage.
Pros
Cons
25% staff discount
Fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2018
It's fun if your a trainer fan but it's the wages that doesn't really make it worthwhile. The team I worked in was ok the manager had her favourites. I learnt how to manage a store and staff, delegate work, cashing up.
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wigan7 October 2018
JD sports was my first part-time job. Within this job I gained customer care and customer service. Friendly work environment within the workplace and enjoyable workplace environment too.
Terrible company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merry Hill, West Midlands7 October 2018
I started at JD when I was only 16, I had no work experience. The management treat you unfairly and I often worked later than I should have due to legal requirements. Would not recommend anyone to work here.
Supervisor
JD Sports as a supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh5 October 2018
I have been working for the company for around 6 years and have been working as a supervisor for the past year, working enviroment totally depends on management, salary isn't the best but it is more then minimum wage.

Best part of the job is the people that you work with.
challenging
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds4 October 2018
Lots of shifts and hours. Days are long and work is repetitive and can be monotonous. However the pay is shocking very little for the amount of work that is expected from us.
Pros
Discounts and nice working environment
Cons
Pay
team work
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London2 October 2018
they work always in team , nice place to learn about everything in sales and they have a good discount for employers the best thing in JD sports is the people who works there
Pros
team work
Cons
pay rate
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast2 October 2018
JD sports can be very productive as there would be a lot of thugs to do throughout the day. You would be kept busy most of the day as there will be lots of jobs to be done.
Pros
good lunch breaks
Cons
The pay does not justify the stress
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire1 October 2018
The wage does not justify the work load, lack of training and high demand for achieving standards and KPI including customer ratings at the till, crep protect products and ever increasing conversion and ATV which isn't consistently achievable when understaffed, high staff turn over. The staff look out for one another and are lovley but the shop is dependent on the long term staff staying without them the place would fall apart and no appreciation is ever show. The staff search policy whilst I do understand the reasoning behind it, it does make you feel like a suspect from the outset. Extreamly cattty environment, you will be slagged off at some point and always need to watch your back.
Pros
25%Discount after 3 months
Cons
Wage, Lack of propper training and staff low staffing level
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brierley Hill30 September 2018
Good and easy job but the managers need a change for treating employers like nothing but the job is very productive and take a alot of teamwork and communication
workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 September 2018
depends how yo feel about working in a place is your favourite but most of all is about getting out experiences for when you go out in to the real world and working in JD would sound hard to me because ive seen what is like and my favourite shoe store is JD the people helping out seem nice and fun to talk to i would somehow like to take part and get paid to help myself for what i need in terms of my important things i need to do and maybe pay off in life time and experiencing in working will help me build something in the future.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JD Sports. Our community is ready to answer.