JD Sports Employee Reviews

Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  London10 January 2018
You have to be able to work calmly in stressful time and meet challenging targets especially as i was working in the Christmas period, very busy times.
Pros
very respectful
Satisfaction
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Newport10 January 2018
I likes the job but the management wasn't satisfactory there was at time that there wasn't composer when making hard decision. But overall the company did pay me on time.
Cons
Fun environment to work in.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire9 January 2018
JD has taught me to be time efficient and productive as there is a lot to take care of within the store. It builds your customer service skills and helps you to become more confident with handling customers.
Pros
discounted store items
Cons
No fixed time period when it comes to leaving the store.
day at work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside8 January 2018
Start day with a breif
daily tasks set by management
Restock of clothing
sorting and checking of deliveries
Staff friendly
Constantly on the go
getting ready for sales
Spekaing to new people
Stock Control Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newport8 January 2018
The management was OK I would I want very content with the manager himself but I did my work carried on. I didnt really speak to the manager as he wasn't really approachable
Pros
I got my own food
Cons
18 hours
Friendly staff , easy to get along
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands7 January 2018
I’m 17 years old and I was a Christmas temp for about 6 weeks, and overall I earnt approximately 500pounds Which was great as I got paid weekly. Friendly staff good work environment enjoyed working there.
Pros
Only ten mins aw
Cons
Long hours for my age but I didn’t mind
Not the place for anyone
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London,7 January 2018
Probably the worst place I've worked!! .The pay is poor compared to other retailers. Unpaid overtime is expected of staff and is a form of exploitation and abuse of the young staff groups who are predominately Black Asian and Minority Ethnic. Immature management and supervisors who regularly break even basic levels of professionalism and undermine and belittle staff. Chaotic work environment and lack of cohesion with management teams making it difficult to carry out work duties.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
longs hours unpaid overtime
great place to work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Rochdale6 January 2018
great work place. plenty of new skills to learn. enjoyed every minute of it. would love a permanent job there. loads of room for growth. good canteen at great value. no to days the same. you feel like you have earned your money each week. enjoyed working as part of a team only one downside is they need to make sure there are more cups available at the water stations because if your busy and moving about a lot and doing a long shift its not always practical to take your own water. friendly bunch of people management are friendly approachable and helpful. enjoyed the fast pace of the warehouse.
Pros
plenty of differant skills to learn, good canteen, management are approachable and helpful, loads of differant jobs to do
Cons
lack of cups at water stations
Not happy with the team leader
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochdale4 January 2018
She treated me diffrent from the other but all the rest were fine
It was a hard working place but I was told to live don't really now why
I was a hard working person
Cons
Wasn't treated right by the team leader called......
It’s has an amazing atmosphere
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Speke3 January 2018
The job was really good I had fun working, but the job got quite once the night got later so after you done your standereds and cleans u was more or less standing around till home time.
fun workplace fast paced
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 January 2018
fast paced working environments, serving customers, handling money and greeting customers. providing excellent customer service, meeting shop targets.
Great team!
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton2 January 2018
I've heard a lot of bad things about this place and I must say it really isn't that bad. The managers were always nice and helpful. If warned in advance, the work hours can be very flexible and the work itself really isn't hard as long as you're a sociable, active person.
fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stansted Airport2 January 2018
i worked at the airport branch and met new faces daily, i enjoyed the buzz and atmosphere of working within the airport. the staff were friendly in JD and we all supported each other.
Pros
benefits of the company
Cons
Unsociable hours
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Royton1 January 2018
.Good all round place to work, lively and upbeat.Friendly environment surrounded by friends rather than just colleagues,clean and organised setting as well as great benefits of being there.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire28 December 2017
Easy going staff made it enjoyable, a jobs that were easy to do as I was interested. Good experience of work, only as a Christmas temp but was treated as proper staff.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
good fun
Sales Assistant/Stockroom (Former Employee) –  Peckham Rye27 December 2017
great job if you are starting your working career. good fun great discount flexible shift patterns. usually local to home as well. hardest part of job is dealing with customers.
Pros
discount
Cons
customers
Productive workspace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester26 December 2017
The workload was very manageable and my team at the time was fantastic. It was a fun but professional workspace and gave me a lot of experience in terms of confidence and productivity.
Pros
fun workspace
Cons
management
Completely a disaster
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London26 December 2017
I've been working in JD Oxford Street for six months, they were hiring just kids because they obviously wanted to pay them the minimum (6,70£ per hour).
Management was horrible, they used to treat us like if we were stupid and to ask for things in the rudest way.
The staff in general was a disaster in customer service and they we were pushed to sell as much as possible, but without receiving any recognition. People who got promoted were only those who were friends with the supervisor or the managers.
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 December 2017
Always have new tasks to take on allowing a lot of opportunities to gain new skills and build on current skills. Friendly atmosphere. However, hours are hard to balance.
Pros
friendly workplace culture
Cons
pay
Sales Assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bond Street Station19 December 2017
The environment is good as everyone is welcomed, however, the management asks for tasks that above the pay that they give you. Sometimes other employees will not do work and the management would not take that into account meaning you do more the work. The pay is horrendous compared to its competitors
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Long Hours, Too many tasks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JD Sports. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8