JD Sports Employee Reviews

Fun and lively place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire17 June 2018
I enjoyed working here as a sales assistant and then I worked here part time while doing my apprenticeship. The staff were friendly and supportive at all times.
Fun workplace
Sale Assistant/advisor (Former Employee) –  London,Wimbledon10 June 2018
Challenging setting to get started with but with a great team I got up to speed very quickly and excelled.it helped that most of the clothes they sell in the store are clothes that I would usually wear so describing and explaining why to buys this item and for what reasons became a lot easier due to my natural liking of the clothes already.
Interesting environment with lots to offer.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 June 2018
I enjoyed helping with the shopfit when I first started the job; we had to bring in deliveries of furniture and shopfloor displays. It was interesting to build the shop from scratch. I learned the importance of customer satisfaction, and I never had any issues with customers. My team were helpful and would explain things to me if I was unsure. I enjoyed interacting with the customers to help them have a pleasant experience. I found the managers rude and disorganised.
Pros
20% discount.
Cons
Management was disorganised and rude.
Productive and Challenges
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth7 June 2018
A typical day would be long and challenging. I have learnt new skills, such as customer service and team work.The management at JD Sports give you plenty off opportunities and they are willing to teach you new skills. They will also help you, if you ask them for help, and they are really approachable.The hardest part of the job is the long hours and sometimes it's hard to be able to get your full amount of lunch and getting it on time. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting along with everyone you work with, and being able to learn new skills and challenges.
Pros
Team work and getting along with everyone you work with.
Fun workplace.
JD Sports Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London7 June 2018
Its a good place to work, you meet people everyday from different countries and its a young managment.
You learn new things everyday about how to serve and greet and its actually fun.
Pros
Discounts.
Cons
Long hours.
Horrible place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire2 June 2018
The pay is poor at £4 per hour for under 18’s the hours are long and the management team is unorganised and unprofessional horrible place to work no job stability
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Good Start into the working world
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Borehamwood, Hertfordshire2 June 2018
As a Sales Assistant (Footwear Department), A requirement of myself is to be very knowledgeable on the products being sold. This allows me to offer the best products and give the best customer service to customers for their specific needs. However, my additional roles are to assist the management team with the administration of stock deliveries and to re-stock the stockroom with new products and replenishment of current stock. Furthermore, I have to clean and maintain appearance the store and the stockroom during and after hours.
Pros
25% Discount
Cons
Poor Management team
Fun place to work
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol30 May 2018
Fun place to work managers were exceptional, looked after us very well, helped us with any extra training we might have needed an overall good company
Fun and a family-like workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire24 May 2018
The days are pretty much the same, customer service and serving is the routine all day every day. However, it's also like being in a big family where all staff are friendly and easy to get on with.
the hardest part of this job is probably when the shop floor is very busy and staff get stressful whereas customers get impatient. Management can be quite laid back but they can also chase things up pretty quickly.
Pros
near other shops
Cons
working overtime
nice place to work
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Blackburn23 May 2018
it was a nice place to work all of the team was friendly and welcoming. all the people were very helpful if I didn't know what I was doing they was all polite
fun workplace
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  glasgow fort23 May 2018
this is good for a first job however many of the roles are not taken seriously especially with some of the store "managers" being only 19 years old. Sometimes unprofessional.
Ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport20 May 2018
I was normally appointed a specific section and had to maintain it by making sure the clothes looked presentable as well as serving customers at the same time.
Learned confidence
The hardest part was the negotiation of holidays.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours on weekends
outgoing and busy workplace
Sales Assistant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne20 May 2018
JD sports is a good and bad company to work for. It has ups and downs, i have learned how to deal with many customers in busy times and not so busy times. The job is basically the same everyday you get given a section and you stay there for the day and work with the customers that enter your area. Provide as much help as possible. it is good because it brings more of a social side out of you if you do not have one. but it can be bad when you don't have any customers in store or any jobs and feel so slaved by the supervisors and management because nobody gives you credit for the things you do.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
salary
Unorganised
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey18 May 2018
HR staff completely useless and unable to see their employees as human beings. Poor communication between shop managing staff and HR managers. Employees unable to keep the workplace clean which sometimes makes it unsafe.
Pros
Learn about different brands
Cons
Popular shop, often very busy
ok
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Trafford, Greater Manchester18 May 2018
Worked there over Christmas work was OK but the manager very ungrateful stayed on for few hours extra every day but never got a thanks always got asked to stay longer
Fun but Hardworking environment.
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire12 May 2018
Jd Sports was a good place to work at. It is a friendly environment and you can get help from other people that work there and the management. It helps on a lot of different skills to help you progress onto other jobs.
Pros
Discount on items
just a day to day job
Sales Assistant - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire10 May 2018
JD Sports is a very dull and challenging place to work due to the demand of the sales and pushy tatics to get each customer to buy, I didn't always agree with these as I liked to take a different approach to sales to make the customer more at ease.
The management wasn't great, I always found it hard to relate to and they would not always take it on hand to consider if I had any issues or personal problems and would only wish for you to get sales into the till.
The other staff was easy to get along with though and was what made the job more easy to get on with and it made commutating with the other staff easier .
Pros
easy to get to
Cons
management, hours, pay
funh workplace
Sales Assistant/cashier (Former Employee) –  Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester8 May 2018
I worked here when I left school and it was the perfect first job, easygoing, laidback environment lots to learn and lots of new faces all the time. the management were really supportive
Pros
flexibilty
productive
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire7 May 2018
- lots to do such as ensuring different areas were tidy
- providing customers with what they need
- hardest part: spending all day on changing rooms when on an 8 hour shift
- was not well managed, not very organised when being instructed on what do to and when meeting customers needs
- not very organised when it comes to booking holidays; was frequently rung to ask to work when abroad even though I had booked 2 weeks off.
- most enjoyable part: interacting with customers
Pros
more hours if wanted them
Cons
shift patterns constantly wrong
Good place to work.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Craigavon, County Armagh5 May 2018
Enjoyed my time while working with this company it is a very pleasant atmosphere and I would not hesitate in recommending anyone for a role with this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JD Sports. Our community is ready to answer.