JD Sports Fashion Plc
Coronavirus update
Information from JD Sports Fashion Plc:

JD Sports Fashion Plc Pay & benefits reviews

United Kingdom2,003 reviews
I would say JD is a good job to work as for first job for extra money to save or to go out. It's good for young people. Doesn't pay enough to support bills such as rent etc.
The management is disgraceful right from store manager to regional manager.. ive never known such a big company to be poorly managed and poorly treat their staff! I personally was bullied out by the assistant manager as he thought he could bully and intimidate me and my colleagues. 2 disciplinaries in the Harlow branch for reasons that do not even warrant one, he was just a bully so i got a job that payed double my JD wage and i left for it
Pros
Discount, customers and colleagues
Cons
Manangement, hours, salary, and bullies
, bad pay and terrible management. unfair working conditions and poor benefits. stressful with no help from higher up. can actually see how much you make the company and this is a kick in the balls when you get paid a days earnings in almost two months.
The salary is way to low especially for the amount of labour they make you do it was so boring aswell and nobody can live ioff that kind of wage also I still haven't been payed since I worked there as a temp that was in December and its almost June
Pay was good, hours are good. Suited me with having children. Hard to move up to a better position as they already have in mind who they want to employ.
Nice work fabulous good culture everything is nice good salary can be helpful punctual lovely good teamwork caring and nice encouraging other people.
I worked at jd for 3 days due to me getting fired for having my phone in my pocket the pay is good but you are not aloud to sit down while you are working
Overall, JD sports is a fast paced working environment to work in if wanting to take a career in retail. Working alongside JD comes many different benefits these then ranging from, 25% off both instore and online and also in many different stores that business is partner shipped with.
Pros
hour lunch breaks
Cons
rude customers
Good job just don’t pay fairly, it’s a good company to work for as their friendly and everyone helps when stuck, the way the staff are treated regarding pay needs to be adjusted
I worked here when I was in college for extra money for books ect. It was okay and if you like shoes or clothes then the benefits might have been great.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
No stimulation for employees
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at JD Sports Fashion Plc?
I love the staff and the team was amazing. They was very understanding management, but the pay isn’t good enough to live off and doesn’t give you much progression.
This is a productive work place and allowed me to have a good life/work balance by being in this job. Management needs some improvement. Salary was average.
Alright place to work at can be stressful at times. You are surrounded by cameras therefore fairly safe and you get to learn a lot about time management and having to take control of situations.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Pay
I enjoyed working for them. Very good team, good managers, make your life easyer, and help you with everything. Is not stressful, and they pay you a fair amount of money.
Overall
-Management is disgusting, rude to staff, customers and other members of management-The salary is very minimal in comparison to the long hour shifts -made to feel pressured into coming into work even when unwell-Never given holiday when asked for -Was given 8hour contract but made to work 20+ hours a week even when at school.
Very good work enviroment: i have been working with this company for over 10 years. flexible hours / days and very friendly staff. Lots of Offers all year.
At JD Sports the wage is the bare minimum at four pounds thirty-five an hour and you get pushed to work really hard which is not worth the pay you get. I never got paid on time either the payroll team is useless.
Very poor management with totally non respect for staff. Late shifts and you can never finish on time that you suppose to finish even if you do morning shift (due to totally disorganization of management). They expect you to arrive much earlier than your shift starts but you cannot ask if you are free to go when the shift is over (i've been told that 10 or 15min longer won't kill me).
9 hrs shift with 1hr unpaid break. You can be send on your break after 1,5 or 2hrs then you do 6-6,5hrs.

Working in Central London for minimum wage and such a high expectations.

Management treat the staff in a very degrading way and talk to you with no respect at all.

I do NOT recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, unpaid breaks, poor salary, late shifts
I worked for JD just over 6 months. Not one rule for all and is completely unfair, doesn't work in your favour if you're not management or their best friends. All staff members (including management) talk about staff behind their back. A lot of work to do for such little pay and will often go unnoticed or without a thank you. Not a good place to work if your under 18 as the wage is shocking (£4.89). No incentives to motivate, staff discount is supposed to come through after 3 months but I never received mine, many wait over a year for theirs. Management are insensitive to other commitments you have outside of work. only good thing is regular hours and most the time extra shifts are available.
good people to work with but the money was not good at all and are very bad at promotions when you want to go high in the company they are not very flexible when you have family funeral
four days on and
four days off work

poor security management

long hour work
short lunch break
unpaid lunch break

rude managers

in global it's a great company which needs to be reorganized.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at JD Sports Fashion Plc. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7