JD Sports Fashion Plc Employee Reviews

Found 1,382 reviews matching the search See all 1,526 reviews
Boring but progressive work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belfast9 October 2018
Working in JD has its benefits and its disadvantages ranging from management to the store ethic itself. It does ensure learning and the ability to use everything effectively but in terms of treatment I wouldn't recommend for those unfamiliar with the pretences of customer service.
outgoing and busy workplace
Sales Assistant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne20 May 2018
JD sports is a good and bad company to work for. It has ups and downs, i have learned how to deal with many customers in busy times and not so busy times. The job is basically the same everyday you get given a section and you stay there for the day and work with the customers that enter your area. Provide as much help as possible. it is good because it brings more of a social side out of you if you do not have one. but it can be bad when you don't have any customers in store or any jobs and feel so slaved by the supervisors and management because nobody gives you credit for the things you do.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
salary
Supervisor
JD Sports as a supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh5 October 2018
I have been working for the company for around 6 years and have been working as a supervisor for the past year, working enviroment totally depends on management, salary isn't the best but it is more then minimum wage.

Best part of the job is the people that you work with.
Thoroughly enjoyed my previous role
Sales Assistant/Trainee Retail Management (Former Employee) –  Peterborough5 September 2018
Simply resigned due to attending university. Also the hours and salary available would not suit my needs. Fairly simple role now i am seeking a full time role in retail or fitness industry.
London Sports retailer
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London7 November 2018
Experience very long ago and position was very junior so difficult to comment now on the company other then to say it was a leading sport retailer in london
Pros
Vibe
Cons
Salary
Productive and fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire2 August 2018
Nice to work there, salary can be an issue for some. good management. shift patterns may change dependent on the stores requirement. overall good and satisfying job
Good Staff Good Times
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester21 August 2018
To have an enjoyable day it relies on the team that is also working, other than that there is no benefits or anything to motivate me to work. It is much more of a chore than anything else.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
poor salary
ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brent Cross Station, Greater London8 September 2018
although jd sports has good misic and good shop with nice clothes and fun customers there are literally no benefits for the employees the hard work you put in does not get shown or appreciated
Pros
nothing
bad
bad environment and low salary
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  London7 July 2018
I've never been so happy by working at JD, the environment was way too stressful and the managment team was putting too much pressure on myself and on my colleagues. Shifts were unconvenient for anyone who wants to have a life outside work. Salary not excellent too.
Worst retail I’ve worked for
Súpervisor (Current Employee) –  Glasgow4 December 2018
Very catty environment.
Senior management speak to staff like dogs.
Horrible pay - supervisors only make 15p more an hour than sales assistants.
You are constantly treated like a criminal. You need to sign what shoes you wear before, during and after each shift.
JD do not trust their staff.
This job would suit someone st school or part time but not a full time career. As an experienced 25 year old I find this workplace too patronising and immature. Very cliquey environment.
It simply is not worth all of the stress, harassment and constant negativity.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Treating loyal staff like criminals. Young and immature management.

Want to know more about JD Sports Fashion Plc?

Ask a question
Low wages, high demand
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Whiteley, Hampshire24 June 2018
Not enough money for what is asked of you. Recently put on a sale, Tuesday I got home just after midnight and I was on the train back there again at 6:30 the next morning and my 'commitment' was questioned. Ridiculous. Everything I do there feels insignificant when I leave.
Cons
Salary, Demands
Shift pattern 6am-2pm great and some nice people
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Rochdale1 August 2018
I was mainly picking and packing which is OK but more job rotation would help avoid boredom. Little management supervision or incentives (e.g. financial) to work harder so some people work really hard whilst others do very little for the same pay. Notice boards full of statistics regarding productivity and targets but in reality, little team focus or contact with management. Toilets were awful but met some really nice people of many backgrounds and nationalities. Strict rules regarding being on your feet/ not sitting down so I consequently developed heel pain which I still have 6 months later and was ultimately why I left.
Pros
Stress free and shift pattern
Cons
Paid peanuts and daft rules re-sitting down.
Unorganised train wreck of a work place.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clydebank, West Dunbartonshire29 August 2018
This job is for people who haven't worked before and to gain experience and a reference. I have worked many places before so I know how a smooth running company works. This was a nightmare of a job I quit after my first day. Full of children, immature and a not care attitude. This is not a good place to work if you want to progress as it is so unorganised and childish. I'm so surprised that it's still open. I worked in the Clydebank store. Any one that is looking to progress their career stay clear of this place, it will make you second guess management and working in clothes stores. Not every clothes store is like this I've never experienced such a horrible environment before in all my life.
Cons
Okay for younger people for a short amount of time
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside18 March 2018
You could put up with this place for a short amount of time but the way you get treated by management starts to get really hard to put up with as well as never getting praised for hitting targets. The longer you stay there, the more you realise how little the sales assistants mean to the company.
Pros
Limited 25% discount after working there for 3months
Cons
No recognition for your hard work
fun work place at times. mainly unprofessional management
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire15 November 2018
worked at JD for over a year and the positives i gained from the is developing good sales approach.

NEGATIVES:
pay
management
professionalism
discount
Pros
easy place to work and understand roles
Cons
long hours with near minimum pay
Poor management but job was okay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire27 November 2018
I started off this job because I wanted something temporary till I could move to a different career. The job itself wasn’t too bad however it became repetitive. The management was poor and they seemed useless majority of the time. The pay wasn’t great either but it kept me going. I however found the shifts irritating with the late nights full 10. It took over my life and I felt like I lost my social life
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long shifts
An awful establishment to work for
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow8 May 2018
I experienced many problems working for JD Sports Fashion Plc. Including sexist managers, problematic supervisors having major power trips and members of staff being made to feel completely inferior to those with a title and reasonable salary.
terrible place to work
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Liverpool3 May 2018
the managers are horrible and treat you like absolute rubbish, i felt like a prisoner. its not worth working there especially for the hourly salary!!!!!!
Pros
co workers are friendly
Cons
management is horrible
Productive fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire17 July 2018
This company allowed me to learn a complete new skill set. I was able to progress throughout the company into a management role and take that with my further into my career. I met a lot of great people in this job and throughly enjoyed my time with the company.
Pros
Meeting new people
Good Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coleraine, County Londonderry2 November 2018
I absolutely loved my job at JD sports and always worked to my maximum ability because it was rewarding and satisfying helping members of the public. A typical was just making sure that the shop is running smoothly by keeping the store clean and helping any customers that need assistance, this for me was the most rewarding part of my day. However whenever I was working here, in my store members of management would spread rumours in order to cause mayhem in order for them to be amused. However I know this is only where I worked. Everyone else was excellent to work with.
I learned to organise stock rooms and organise new and old stock. I also learned how to send and receive stock from one store to another.
Pros
Good Hours, Satisfying, Always busy so never a busy day
Cons
Drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JD Sports Fashion Plc. Our community is ready to answer.