J. Walter Thompson Employee Reviews

Great people, challenging industry
Account Director (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 February 2018
Having worked there for 5 years I feel that the company is too slow to adapt to the change in the industry. There is a lack of reward for loyalty and pay rises don't happen.
dynamic yet lively and fun environment
Account Director (Global role) (Former Employee) –  London UK2 March 2017
A great company, with a great worldwide reputation.
high points:
- great office
- happy environment
- well catered cafeteria
- well known and big clients
- great location (central london)
- talented and committed workforce

Typical day at work: Since it was a global role, morning commute would entail catching up on mails and requirements from different regions/countries.
First thing after reaching office, i would have a jobs discussion meeting with my team, where we catch up on deadlines, pending jobs, urgent jobs, allocation of responsibilities etc.
and based on above we would plan the day and also follow the schedule on things pre determined.
the would include other internal meeting, internal reviews, working on briefs, presentations, timeline schedules for projects and client meetings.
the day would end with sending a to do list to other teams and countries who start day before us so they can be on top of their jobs the next day

Learnings: team building + leadership qualities
Importance of acknowledging and motivating the team while keeping them on track of deliverables.
I improved a lot on my communication and presentation skills and the ned to keep communication simple yet effective as one is addressing different nationalities with different first languages.
learnt to handle multiple projects at the same time without stress and flawlessly.
learnt the importance of giving genuine and relevant feedback to internal teams while reviewing work

Management: very quality and work focussed Management. very employee friendly.

Workplace culture; very friendly,
  more... motivating and stylish

Hardest part of the job: To keep an eye on the balls! to make sure every delivery / job is done with full compliance to quality and timeline, specially when multiple projects were on.

Most enjoyable part of the job: every single day was as fun as being challenging. and the best part of the day was to tick on the jobs completes, right at the end of the day.
Pros
friendly team
Cons
very long ours of work
Fun workplace, career development
PA/Marketing co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Knightsbridge4 February 2016
J. Walter Thompson is a great company that supports their staff while creating some of the best creative work in the world.
A fun group of people to work with.
Pros
Great selection of clients, bar in the office
Work Experience
Visitor (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge, London13 September 2015
I came into the company to learn a better understanding of the inner working of an advertisement company, I was not paid thus cannot express a review of the salary.
Pros
Very good for learning and seeing the job roles being put to action
no comment
Accounts manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester city centre28 April 2014
Working at JWT was a great experience, I took on board a lot of useful things with this company. Generally at the end of the day I progressed quickly into a senior possition, I worked doing cold calling sales, surveys, team leader for a couple of campaigns, administrative duties, accounts management and finally started the new accounts section for a company.

During my final phase at JWT they began to mentor me in the way of business development.

It was a great company to work for I have many friends still there.

Its just shame ultimately there's no perm contracts due to overheads and being on a temp contract and salary given for responsibilities held was always an issue.
Jwt sc
Media Payables Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Berkerley Sq, London9 January 2014
Another great WPP Company

Was given first chance at management

Want to know more about J. Walter Thompson?

Ask a question