J Sainsbury Plc. Employee Reviews

Part time work
Checkout Operator (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ruislip15 July 2018
I was a checkout operator which involved processing customers shopping and helping them pack their shopping. I worked part-time to fit in with my family responsibilities.
Awful
Driver (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset14 July 2018
Don't apply managers are terrible nice to your face promise everything and get stabbed in the back and training isn't anything to be desired and means nothing
Manager is a complete idiot
Customer Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kidlington14 July 2018
I worked for this company for nearly 6 years, I loved my job right from the start, until last year when the management changed. If you want to work like your in an army base then this company is for you. Awful company to work for.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Poor management who are up each other arses
great people bad management
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire14 July 2018
no support from management and no control over staff on some departments colleagues will do what they want. Not enough people trained on specific jobs leading to some colleagues doing more work than others for no extra pay
Pros
discount in stores
Cons
long hours. bad management at all levels
Decent
Customer Trading Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands13 July 2018
As any business, Sainsbury's first priority is its own sustenance, which is maintained by keeping happy its most important stakeholder: customers, since they pay for the products that Sainsbury's sells and makes money from.
This of course means that the focus on its employees is diminished since its focus is on customers.
hard work but rewarding
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London13 July 2018
delivering a great customer experience is the best part of the job. A big part of the challenge is achieving your goal when being short of staff which occurs too often.
Pros
great support from management
Cons
afraid the management restructuration will make work harder
Enjoyable career
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire12 July 2018
A good company to work for, however job security is not guaranteed whilst they are going through a complete restructure of the business.

Interacting with the customers is the best part of the job, everyday is different as with most retail companies.
Pros
Ability to be yourself
Cons
Long hours 7 days a week
A great company to work for, ever changing and evolving.
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Teesside12 July 2018
A progressive company seeking to stay ahead of the game in a very challenging and competitive market.
A really good company with great career opportunities and training provided for all roles.
A great place to work where fun is encouraged.
A relaxed and informal style within the organisation, but fast paced and ever changing.
Pros
Autonomy within the role.
Cons
Perhaps too much change all at once at the moment.
very good working experience
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London11 July 2018
i have working with Sainsbury's for 9+ years so it was good help to earn money and i did improve my knowledge in retail while i was working with Sainsbury's as well as i got promotion in Sainsbury's so i got more experience working with big team and different type of customers and customers queries and much more.
Demanding but sufficient
Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesham, Buckinghamshire11 July 2018
Very time sensitive - any delay in the beginning of the would set you back until the end of your shift. This greatly improved my organisation and work ethic.
Sainsburys
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Larbert, Falkirk11 July 2018
Sainsburys was a new shop which opened and they took on too many staff at the time I worked there at beginning.
I did not enjoy working here. Management changed too often
Pros
location
Cons
contstant changes
Productive and Fun
Team leader - online shopping department (Current Employee) –  Sydenham, Greater London11 July 2018
Everyday is different working with a wide range of highly skilled and knowledgeable staff. There are always opportunities for career development as well as learning from the team around you.
Pros
Career development
Good for supporting talent and performance
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe10 July 2018
Very fast and driven typical day at work. I learned a lot coming through the ranks from colleague up to management, I was given the great opportunity for a field base role where I learnt more bigger picture stuff.
Amazing company to work for
General Assistant (Part-time) And Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire10 July 2018
Everything was just amazing when I did my Christmas temp, looking forward for my new employment there again. Everyone gets on really well. Lots of team work.
Pros
Good overtime shifts
Cons
Less hours for part time
Hard work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cramlington, Northumberland9 July 2018
Will take take take but never give anything back to staff not very halpful to staff with comitments but always expects staff to bend over backwards to help the company
Not a nice place to work anymore
HR/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sedlescombe, East Sussex9 July 2018
I loved my time with the company until they made me redundant.
My store manager was a very good person to work for but how the company handled my redundancy was awful.
Pros
amazing boss
Cons
not made to feel valued
A great company
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 July 2018
Sainsburys was a great company to work for due to its amazing employee culture. THe company provide a healthy salary for every employee, and treat the employees just as they treat the customers.
Diverse and fast paced
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford9 July 2018
Sainsbury's can and will teach you a lot during your career, There will be times when pressure will be high and days will be hard but you will come out a strong leader. work life balance for me was becoming an issue only because I have children that do not live with me therefore weekends are what I need back to see them.
other than that hours are not terrible just shifts will always change so you must be a person that can move with the company and be willing to change if needed.
Pros
holiday pay, sick pay, start up pension, salary pay
Cons
constant changing shifts, minimal weekends, over hour to travel
Christmas temp
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich8 July 2018
I was a Christmas temp and I loved it the staff where so lovely and could have a laugh the store was such a happy environment everyone got on and the job was pretty steady too.
Pros
Good pay and enjoyable work
Cons
No contract after
Good job
Customer Assistant Cafe (Current Employee) –  Sheffield8 July 2018
Of all the jobs I've had, this is the one I've enjoyed the most. The staff you work with a great and are like one big family. Management is not great within the company and a lot of staffing issues are arising. Good career potential if you're willing to put in the hard work for it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J Sainsbury Plc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K