J Sainsbury Plc.
Information from J Sainsbury Plc.:

J Sainsbury Plc. Employee Reviews

United Kingdom8,638 reviews
Found 8,638 reviews matching the search
Fine if you’re a base colleague
Working here is fine if you’re a base colleague And it is stress free and relaxed working environment. Once you get to middle management it changes. High stress, not a huge amount of support from above and highly critical upper management team. Obviously different in different locations, but HR policies vary between the different sections of the business so you cannot always find the correct information when you need it
Work here if you don’t mind having no pay
I was employed as a temp at Sainsbury’s to help during the coronavirus. I worked at the store for a month and received no pay. Despite getting in touch with the store and trying to speak to HR (you can never get though on the phone), I am yet to receive my money. I have tried multiple channels to get in touch but they refuse to help. Health and safety is ignored and they will happily let you work without a break. If you’re happy to work for free join Sainsbury’s!
Morally Depressing
You guessed it, nights are terrible. People have their cliche groups and jump on the gossipers bandwagon of isolating and harassing employees that don’t fit into their clicks. Be prepared to do everyone else’s work for them as manager let off their favourites! If your face fits your time will fly by here. A hostile work environment and I do not recommend working nights infact Sainsburys EVER!

Avoid the Wellingborough store at all costs. It’s a death trap
Pros
Good pay, free food, some kind caring staff I’m the mornings.
Cons
Nights shifts, no life outside of work, clicks, bullying, too much work onto one persons
calm and relaxed
a very easy going and calm work environment even when the store may get busy. the training is thorough and effective. all questions were answered if needed.
Poor management, underpaid and overworked
Avoid at all cost better to go for a cleaners job as they'll have more respect for you as a human being bad
management breaking all H&S laws and abuse of resources while they wait for their annual bonus if you challenge them, they'll threaten your job or wages get affected,also there's a rumour that the online manager is having an affair with his assistant whilst on duty. I find that immoral and dangerous as it puts employees and business at risk. I have also witnessed the manager necking a bottle of wine whilst on shift. One rule for them and another for us. You'll feel more appreciated as a bin man.
Pros
Free strees builder, bullying, physical and mental abuse
Cons
Unpaid break, bad hours/wages mismanagement
Hard work for salary offered
Role is exceptionally hard work for the salary offered (especially in light of Covid-19 demand for home deliveries). I would only recommend this role to young & fit people.
Hard work, fast paced but rewarding
People are great, always fast paced and 100 things to do, but good work life balance and flexible. Management are great and work hard to push you forward
Good
People were very welcoming I dont remember much from time there but I enjoyed it a lot everyone was nice and made my time there a breeze it was a good place to work
Exciting and friendly workplace
Had a lovely time working for Salisbury's. All other staff were very friendly and easy to work with. The work was interesting and challenging enough not to be boring yet was not particularly tasking.
It's alright
Get there, load van, drive van, unload van, go home. I enjoy the driving part, and some of the customers make you feel that what you are doing is important. There's always going to be some bad days where you're running behind and then you get a really difficult customer.
Interesting first look into my working life.
The work experience was a new and exciting first look into retail; it showed me the demeanor in which a retail employee must conduct themselves. It also displayed the expectations of the employees and what the average day would look like. I took a lot of information from this placement and treated it with the utmost respect.
Productive workplace culture
Productive workplace culture with team mates.
Its very flexible working.

Management is good.

Yeraly bonus is good.

Huddles and workshops on different topis.

Salary increment is good.

training on new technoilogy propvided.
Absolute rubbish
Left me on 12 hours a week despite constantly asking for more hours, even though my hours only dropped as my child started school (single parent) they stuck me on tills, which wasn't my original job I had at the start also despite me saying I was getting excruciating pain in my back, gave me a "warning" for not calling in sick when I was blue lighted into hospital with my 3yo and had other things on my mind. Ended up on sick for months before having to leave when I found out I was pregnant and wouldn't be entitled to any maternity pay
Flexible
Sainsbury’s job is good for young people who need part time job and flexibility make sure you have training on how to lift items as you can hurt your back
Great for teamwork
Fast paced, pay is good..I enjoy keeping busy.
Opening and closing cafe is really good.

Management is kind and helpful.

Lack of staff is the hardest part of the job.
Productive workplace and friendly staff but poor management
I worked on food services for the best part of 2 years and I’ve got to say the jobs were fairly straightforward and weren’t overly stressful. My co workers were the nicest people I’ve ever met and couldn’t say a bad word about any of them and the pay was actually decent but the one thing that really grinded my gears was the managers. They had their favourites and the ones that weren’t their favourites, they came down on like a tonne of bricks and I was lucky enough to be one of those people. They gave me file notes and disciplinaries over the silliest of things like not sweeping the floor and leaving a slight smudge on a tabletop but the favourites would get away Scot free for the exact same thing.It drove to the point where I had to quit because it was affecting my mental health that badly
Pros
Friendly co workers and decent pay
Cons
Poor management
Extremely rewarding job
I worked at Sainsbury's for 7, going on 8, years and at first, I found it difficult due to my disabilities but I slowly grew in confidence and learned a lot.

The staff were utterly fantastic. catering to my every need every day I worked there. I have nothing bad to say about any of my former colleagues, all were really lovely and understanding people. This was the most enjoyable part of my job, working with these people.
Not the worst job in the world but could be more rewarding
Stressful environment dependant on which mangers are on that night.
Not all colleagues seem to believe in team work.

Pay is not great for the work undertaken and the hours generally suit people who need to be home during the day.
Good
Working for sainsburys really helped me and ideal for the time. Had some issues with management but shortly after adapted to my needs as I am on the autistic spectrum. Very good, understanding, relible and very friendly.
Horrendous Company
Company and managers that bully employees. No breaks when busy stay well clear. I would not recommend this company to anyone at ALL. Bullies and morons running the store.
Great job
I am happy to work there with good management and friendly environment, good salary.meeting different people and being friend with customers especially with elderly people
Ask a question about working or interviewing at J Sainsbury Plc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5K