Since the restructure back in June the management haven't got a clue on how to do their job and then they take it out on the staff. The management are also lazy and just sit in the office with their phones out organising their social lives whilst having the cheek to tell staff they need to do more work. There is also a US vs THEM mentality amongst the management team. The work relationship with management is very cold now. Company-wise they are culturally aligning themselves up towards the Walmart way of managing staff for example, they will misuse CCTV to spy on staff to see how long it takes you to work an aisle or how many times you go to the toilet. The stores are looking shabby with empty shelves because of a lack of staff and morale is very low across the store. I have also noticed an increase in customer abuse lately especially down on checkouts where queues can get quite large with only two people on a checkout due to lack of staff and some staff.
The company located at Heyforhill and is a leading supermarket in Oxford and having around 350 people working in different departments.
Good. Colleagues are good to work with. Management are generally friendly but they can be very incompetent at times
Varied, wide variety of ages and ethnic groups
Awful management, barely there over Christmas, saw store manager more than anyone else. Ridiculous idea of staff organisation, support or actually being present. Very judgemental from bad resources scream amateur.
We are all treated the same
The culture at the Store support centre is very open, employees aren't limited to working at a specific desk everyday, there is option to work freely and openly with other colleagues which may not necessarily be in the same department as each other.
Very little organisation in the business.
Team work and support all department
I like job
- How are the working hours at J Sainsbury Plc.?80 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at J Sainsbury Plc.?63 people answered
- What is the interview process like at J Sainsbury Plc.?58 people answered
- How did you feel about telling people you worked at J Sainsbury Plc.?47 people answered
- What is the J Sainsbury Plc. employee discount?38 people answered
- How should you prepare for an interview at J Sainsbury Plc.?35 people answered
- Does Sainsburys Supermarket Ltd require pre-employment background checks? What kind of background ch…29 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at J Sainsbury Plc.?27 people answered
- How does someone get hired at J Sainsbury's plc? What are the steps along the way?25 people answered
- Why did you leave your job at J Sainsbury Plc.?19 people answered