J M HALL COURIERS LTD Employee Reviews

Stay Away
Driver (Former Employee) –  Middleton, Greater Manchester25 September 2019
I can’t even begin to describe how much I regret working here. Terrible, terrible management. Unprofessional and incompetent. Don’t expect any help from “Lead Drivers” shockingly poor leadership
Driver leeds
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dhl17 September 2019
Do not work here just £150 for 5 days absolute robbers high van rents wages late lot of time charged for admin no idea who to contact regarding wages .
Awful company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon17 September 2019
MANAGEMENT Hide there is bullying going on by a "POC" which they do NOTHING about, the company is a joke, vans are awful, would've thought paying £375 a fortnight you would get a decent van, an being charged for a tiny dent when other damages on van have NOT been repaired from an previous drivers, slight dent on passenger door and got charged £575. Do NOT waste your time with the mess of a company!
Misleading and unprofessional
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  St Columb, Cornwall9 September 2019
Do not work for these!!
My brother is currently working for them and has been messed around with hours, days of work and not even been paid!
He’s had to have the last 3 days off and is off again tomorrow as you wait for a text to come through to let you k ow if you have work or not, and when you challenge the line manager as to why you have no work, your told “it’s not my fault”, “I just get given the routes”. Other drivers get first refusal of shifts...surely if there is not enough work why on Earth are they recruiting???
No work yet still expected to pay hire on a van that’s sat on the driveway. How does that work?
The van is an absolute state, dents, bits missing - luckily he photographed it all as I’m sure next he will be charged for it.
This company should be deeply disgusted by the behaviours and their actions. Considering they were recommended by an ex-neighbour it’s disappointing. No one seems to care.
Pros
Cons
Damaged vehicles given, rude and h professional line manager who takes no responsibility. No shifts at short notice.
Easy job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 September 2019
Good job if you like to be busy. Few minor problems within the company if you dont like hard work the go elsewhere I suggest. The job isn't for everyone
Pros
Good money
Cons
Hard work
It’s not what it seems....
Delivery Associate (Former Employee) –  Leeds19 August 2019
I quite enjoyed the actual job. But the pay is awful. I worked for a month and didn’t even get enough to pay all my bills... working here has not helped me at all and I’ve ended up in a really bad situation. The hours were long and they charge you for as much as they possibly can. I had a stone chip in my windscreen and it had a small crack in it on the passenger side. They charged me just over £300 to get it replaced.
Pros
Decent work and keeps you fit
Cons
Everything else
Awful
Driver (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon31 July 2019
Would rather clean toilets than work for this bunch of lying clowns. * hrs work actually takes 12 and any slight almost invisible damage to van will cost you a weeks wages
Simply dont pay you.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dundee26 June 2019
Stay away from this firm.
Notorious for withholding wages and you will be working 14 hour days, six days per week.
The van they rent you will be barely roadworthy and the slightest scratch will cost you at least a weeks wages.
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS AWFUL COMPANY.
Pros
Cons
Never paid the correct salary, long hours, conned by firm.
Do not go near this terrible company!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon20 June 2019
The other drivers are great to talk with and get to know and sometimes help you out and the 2 managers in plymouth are great lads but the company is terrible at best. I first joined and was sent to bristol for training and was told i had to work 2 weeks till i get paid as it was in arrears...fair enough....2 weeks turned into 6 and still i recieved next to nothing. Your Expected to drive a clapped out transit with dents everywhere and bits and pieces falling off. Even if you damage the van slighty your fault or not they charge you well beyond a repair shop price and say its "dealership pricing" then take it out of your already dismal pay slip which gets taxed even though your self employed???? If you want long days and being sent to bristol on a route with the company navigation system and want to be lost all day this job is for you! If you love living below the breadline apply today!!!
Pros
Other workers and just plymouth managers
Cons
Everything from this company is a con
Courier driver
Courier driver (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City16 June 2019
Don't work for this company they are absolute scum...........
Shaft you with a bad van.
Charge too much for the service.
Don't pay wages on time.
Bad management
Working to death for very little.
Pros
Good guys to work with
Cons
management of absolute idiots
Awful place to work for
Multi Drop Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds5 June 2019
Never had any time with my kids due to hours. Received no payment from them
Managment threatened to report van as stolen because I had to go to London for a family emergency.
Wouldn’t work for them again if my life depended on it
Pros
Cons
Long hours no time for breaks.
Slave
Driver (Former Employee) –  Plymouth20 May 2019
Very poor attitude to its workforce, will drop you as a driver if your not willing to there demands, long hours, pay issues on a constant basis, high turnover of drivers sums it all up, if it was as good as it sounds why the constant need for new drivers.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Every thing awful you could think of in a job
Avoid this company !!!
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol11 May 2019
I worked for many agencies in Amazon, but JHMC is the worst of them. Payment never or time, never correct amount, no contact to office, the are just ignore your call, you have to pay for new tires on rented Vans. I can’t say anything good about this company. Avoid them even you are desperate and you need a job.
Great Job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire7 May 2019
The company is brilliant to work for. It's great. I really enjoy the company and the staff. The pay is great, the working hours are perfect for me....
Pros
Wage, big family
Cons
n/a
Avoid, avoid and avoid
Self Employed Courier (Former Employee) –  Bathgate, West Lothian30 April 2019
Terrible company to work for. Management choices are very poor. Charged £15 admin fee when it’s a sister company that do payroll. Also supposed to be self employed but take tax and ni payments. Haven’t a clue. Avoid at all costs
Cons
Do not work for these people
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon17 March 2019
Absolutely terrible company to work for. Pay is not what you are told it is. You will never finish at 3 no matter what they say. Shafted for van rental on a weekly basis. Terrible routes. Terrible support. Expenses are very rarely done properly and you lose hundreds a pay check and nothing is ever done about it.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the job!
Official response from J M HALL COURIERS LTD
7 May 2019

I'm sorry you feel this way. Feel free to drop us an email and we will look into your query.
admin@jmhclogistyics.co.uk
Thanks
JM Hall Couriers

Long hours, lack of pay
Courier (Former Employee) –  Selby, North Yorkshire9 March 2019
Be prepared to work long hours for lack of pay..
also be prepared to have to pay to £15 for every time you are paid, for them to do your “accounting”
If you get a vehicle from them, make sure it is actually insured for any form of use, and be sure to take photos of any damage on that vehicle, if you can’t prove that It was already there, guess what, they’re going to bill you for it.
Avoid at all costs!
Pros
None really
Cons
Daylight robbery
Fantastic place to work
Driver delivery (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire1 March 2019
I have worked at JMHC as a driver for 6 Months now and it comes with its Pros and Cons but overall pros outweighs the Cons.

Great people, good money and flexible hours that suits me is why i have loved every minute.
Pros
Good environment, good fun, keep fit.
Cons
cold weather in the winter
Better than most
Driver (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon1 March 2019
I have worked for a few courier companies but JMHall were one of the best.
Prompt pay and friendly teams. Some longer hours involved but that’s expected. Was sad to leave but had a change to circumstances.
Pros
Van rental, paid on time.
Cons
Longer days
Good employer
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol1 March 2019
Good employer, competitive rates. able to rent a Van and get paid on time. Can get busy at times but still managable and the team at the site are supportive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J M HALL COURIERS LTD. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2