J D Wetherspoon PLC Employee Review

View all J D Wetherspoon PLC reviews

Fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Blackpool6 December 2017
This job was ideal whilst I was at university, it is not a career I would like to pursue. I was thankful I had the opportunity to develop to a team leader but promotions are scarce.
Pros
Can get as many hours as you like

Other J D Wetherspoon PLC Employee Reviews

Great flexibility
Kitchen Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Surrey19 January 2018
This job provides great flexibility and opportunities to promote through the company however, during quiet seasons, hours get cut below an appropriate level resulting in decent staff working ridiculous hour as well as the hours being very anti-social. Shifts are usually 8+ hours between 6am and at times 2 or 3 am in the morning.
Pros
Discounts, Flexible, Oppertunities
Cons
Long hours, anti social hours
potentially a good job
BAR AND FLOOR STAFF (Former Employee) –  Oakham, Rutland18 January 2018
Between the time i worked in this organisation I began to realise the people who had worked there for a while managed to slack off a lot more. I had never worked in a larger pub/restaurant before and got left on my own to figure things out by myself, even when one of the other employees was meant to be showing me how to do things.

there were some customers that were incredibly rude, so if you don't have think skin be careful. there were some issues that needed to be addressed, as when i started i had booked off the time for my holiday, this was approved however when i returned i was not put on the rota for the week there fore didn't get the hours per week i was contracted. this was at the point i quit.

the average day is busy weekends more than weekdays and the Saturday night shift is horrendous especially when there only 3 members of staff

the most enjoyable part is when the customers say thank you.
i did learn how to pour pints properly and how to make up cocktails which is a good skill to have if you are applying for the bar jobs.
Pros
flexible breaks
Cons
lack of training and staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J D Wetherspoon PLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8