J D Wetherspoon PLC Employee Review

View all J D Wetherspoon PLC reviews

Fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Blackpool6 December 2017
This job was ideal whilst I was at university, it is not a career I would like to pursue. I was thankful I had the opportunity to develop to a team leader but promotions are scarce.
Pros
Can get as many hours as you like

Other J D Wetherspoon PLC Employee Reviews

Absolutely dreadful place to work.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Beverley22 July 2018
Too many people higher up who think they are better than you....when most of them are pretty dumb. They really need to be taught some basic people skills and manners. Miserable place to work for, managers who didn't turn up to let you in on time, stood outside waiting in the rain and cold weather. Rubbish company...never again !!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything is bad.
Horrible place to work
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Okehampton, Devon22 July 2018
Rubbish place to work, never appreciated for hard work done. Organised chaos horrible food, vacuum packed poached eggs 20 secs in microwave, lamb shank 5 mins in microwave, curry's cooked off up to 4 hours of being served .Gone off salad mix for salads. Stocks were always all over the place due to bad management. To get promoted you just had to lick the kitchen managers butt as it seemed to be the way. Would never go back and very rarely eat their food. Aldi or lidl ready meals are better as that what spoons is. Ready meals. Split shifts with partner I started at 0500 and finished at 1500, partner started at 1500 sometimes not home until 0300, never days off together.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hours, stress, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J D Wetherspoon PLC. Our community is ready to answer.