Itsu Employee Reviews

Really good experience
Team Leader Service (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire30 January 2019
ITSU is a relly good company in retail sector. I am very grateful for all the opportunities that ITSU offered to me for growth and learning during my years of work
A very positive experience working there.
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Greater London21 January 2019
Perfect environment and place to work in, great experience during my work there. Team and management were very helpful and friendly. Salary was also fair.
Worst company ever !
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 November 2018
I work for 1 year in this Manipulative Company, always complaining .Stressful job.Everyone is always in stress and nervousness.
I don't recommend at all!
Pros
non
Cons
Stress, Poor management, Pay.
Pro’s & cons
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stansted Airport27 October 2018
Some staff there were lovely but some were so horrible and embarrassed to admit that they made me cry and sat me down and said I wasn’t a team player for clocking out 2mins early despite the shop being closed and not busy at all.

The best jobs:
Tills
Stocking water bottles etc
Sweeping

Worst jobs: (not too bad just annoying when it’s busy is)
Emptying bins
Cleaning trays and tables
Closing up

Some problems:
Till is stressful sometimes as it’s easy to mix up. You rely on pictures and match up the customers box with a picture of their sushi box on the till.
Customers as always can be rude but that happens everywhere
My team members left me to close up for the first time and didn’t come back till 90mins later, they were annoyed that I didn’t know what to do but they didn’t show me what to do they just went bye lmao. If they didn’t go for 90mins then we would finish on time. They talk so much about being a team but they left and expect me to do overtime until midnight when I’m set to clock out for 11pm. As I’m 17 I obviously had to be home when I told my parents I’d be and not come back near 1am.

Paid break, good pay

8/9 hour shifts
Pros
Mentioned above
Cons
Mentioned above
ok job for students
Team Member 4 (Former Employee) –  London23 October 2018
worked here for 9 months full time. job is okay but unless you dont have any expectations for your future other that this, dont expect to settle down with it. management want always everything done but dont think of the workers or any consequences. pay is good and its easy to go up the ladder but don't expect anything more than going up to a team leader. LOTS of cleaning, like 3h out of 7 worked would be cleaning. always running to do stuff, rotas never posted on time and very little flexibility when it comes to hours (impossible to get more than 35h), and lost of checks from head office, pretty much a cleaning job lol.
Pros
free food on shift, 28 days holidays, staff parties
Cons
not a lot of hours, lots of cleaning, repetitive job
good salary to start
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London23 October 2018
6-2pm or 12-8pm shift but you are always asked to work extra time (everything is paid)
if you are part time you may do 2-5h per day
monday to friday if in office area
Pros
food
Cons
cleaning
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 August 2018
Good company with no work/life balance
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Baker Street29 May 2018
ITSU is amazing in many ways. But I did not enjoy the culture of "cut throat" competition between managers due to bonus scheme and overall culture of non stop often pointless drive. Countless initiatives across all levels of the company do not yield always a success, often just a generation of activities for the sake of keeping everyone stressed and on their toes.
Avis général
Équipière polyvalente (Former Employee) –  Greater London1 May 2018
Excellente expérience, des très bonne opportunité d’évolution, une équipe très agréable, des coéquipiers et des managers à l’écoute et disponible. Très bonne ambiance au sein de l'entreprise Itsu.
Cons
Savoir travailler sous la pression
The working environment is superb.
A team member (Former Employee) –  Greater London27 April 2018
Itsu was supposed to be one of the most amazing organization I have been. Including workplace culture: co-workers were extremely helpful, informative and friendly. They made me feel as comfortable as home.
Place where you become part of the family
Team Leader Service (Current Employee) –  Covent Garden, Greater London5 March 2018
As I have worked there for almost 9 months I feel that am not going to work I felt tha ama going home to see my family. People who come there and who has been there for a long time are always getting along as there's always suport from everyone. Liked my time there! It's really easy to grow and become someone more than just a Team Member.. hardest part is to remember all the hygenic standards and always following them but as you are there as a team then it's all enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunch, paid break and bonuses
Fun to work when you young
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  City of London, canary warf5 February 2018
5 years in, hard to compare to others as it is different, different climate, starting is really nice, everybody are super nice, but after a while when problems coming over management and head office guys don't really care and you become to be enemy
Pros
Free food
Cons
Super long hours with possibility of extinction
Just terrible
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  City of London, Greater London17 January 2018
Manipulative company!
Terribly high workload all on your shoulders. Complaining all the time about everything. Drama all the time. Stressful job gave me anxiety. People in the kitchen work terrible. Don’t recommend Itsu hot food at all.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
more than you can imagine
Nice place to work- stressful at times.
Rice pro (Current Employee) –  Bicester, Oxfordshire17 December 2017
I work in the kitchen at Itsu in Bicester village. Bicester is a very crazy shop to work in, some days we make £4K, another we make £15K. I would say generally it is a good place to work if you enjoy a challenge. Currently we are slightly understaffed, so it’s a little stressful, however most of the year it’s great.
If you are in education or want to work part time, I would say go for it. We are super busy on the weekends so part timers are essential. I like the challenge of applying deadlines to work, so this job is perfect for me.
I enjoy the company of everyone I work with, the team members are really nice and everyone gets along well. Working in the kitchen, we are allowed to chat and everything is easygoing.
Promotions are fairly easy to get up to a certain level. Don’t bank on getting a higher role in management- the current management promote clear favouritism in promoting friends only but if you just want to go up to team leader, you’re fine.
They are very flexible with days off, I am almost always granted with days off, however I have been messed around a little.
Benifits include-
Staff parties, we’ve been granted up to £60 per person for some
Mystery shopper bonus, extra £1 per hour if we receive over 90% in the mystery shopper questionnaire, we almost always do.
Butterflies- if you get mentioned in the mystery shopper questionaire for outstanding service, you receive a Tiffany butterfly.
Clear training, you will be sent to London for courses and training (all paid for).
Free staff meals, you can have any box, salad or hot food and Coca Cola or water
  more... free of charge, everyday.
50% off food when you’re not working, or extras such as the impulse snacks and other drinks.
10% off any other stores within the village.
Pros
All benifits stated above.
Cons
Rotas only provided the day before you need it. Obvious favouritism.
good workplace
Team Member Star (Former Employee) –  London6 November 2017
great place to work at itsu, i really enjoyed working there and it was in the perfect location with great hours, its a pity i had to leave for personal reasons but it was overall good experience
Good team working
Team Member Star (Former Employee) –  Tottenham Court Road20 October 2017
Overall has been one of my favorite work experiences, in which I have learned a lot and got the chance to manage several aspects of leading and stress management.
Fun workplace
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden, Greater London14 June 2017
I recomended to work here if you want to get money. Is hard to keep working here for along time, because is a really stressful job, but is a good job for a short time.
good wage, stressing
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Greater London6 June 2017
Good wage but super stressing. Working in an average shop (roughly 5k daily), a typical working day requires team members to meet unrealistic deadlines, with a little help from the management, because too busy covering missing sections. Recruitment centre is not working properly, there's lack of new employees, people (including ops, gm and higher grades) are leaving, and future never looked so dark. Itsu it's a perfect place for no-brainers that just want to do their job and go home, if you have a bit of ambition, don't even approach it's. On the other hand, if you just want to be a team member and slack, itsu will be glad to help you.
Pros
wage, food allowance, basic roles
Cons
long hours, stressing for the management
Muchos incentivos y buen clima laboral
Supervisora (Former Employee) –  Londres19 April 2017
Gran ambiente de trabajo, valoran mucho a los trabajadores y puedes aprender en muy distintos ámbitos. Apuestan por la promoción interna.
Pros
Fiestas mensuales, grandes descuentos en gimnasios, seguros médicos...
Cons
Limitación geográfica
Really nice to start a career
Team member Pro (Current Employee) –  London, UK6 April 2017
Love working there but if you are not friends with management team you won´t grow at all, being fake is the key to this job! Team becomes a family in every shop!
Pros
Good pay rate
Cons
not motivation from manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Itsu. Our community is ready to answer.

Itsu Reviews by Location