italk

italk Employee Reviews

United Kingdom41 reviews
Have been with italk for a little while now. It's competitive which is great for any sales driven individuals. Due to covid 19 I have only worked from home, I feel like I'm part of the team and it's fairly well managed. I've certainly been welcomed in my time so far.
Pros
Competitive, good working hours.
Cons
Minimum wage
Since starting at italk I have had such a good experience.We have been working from home and it has been incredibly efficient, the support has been incredible.
Pros
Supportive staff
Italk is a badly managed and badly organised company, with a general indifference to employees. Management will scold you for using the toilet too close to a break or too frequently but will themselves be sitting on their own computers shopping. The office environment is horrendous and does not comply with health and safety laws, its very cramped and hardly any adjustable seats or screens. There is no break room, although they do have a small kitchenette area located in the office and really close to people’s desks and no windows so hardly any ventilation. Pay is minimum wage and you may have to work past your scheduled hours. They are a pretty sketchy company and have a more than one indeed account, search 'italk telecom indeed' to see the other indeed account. Majority of the good reviews are from current employees which also seems a bit sketchy. Most of the employees tend to leave really soon after they have joined, so there is a huge staff turnover.
Unbelievably shocking! It’s amazing that companies like this still operate, in the same premises where a previous company was shut down by watch dog for cold calling.
I have worked for Italk for over a year and have had an overall great experience. It has been an amazing opportunity to meet new people in a very diverse work place- of all ages and backgrounds. There are also very enjoyable social events, organised by the company, including a summer and Christmas party. Italk offer regular progression opportunities to reward hard work and provide positive reinforcement to make you feel valued as an employee. You are never limited to a specific role or department and have the freedom to apply for new position. Management are always there to make you feel supported and have a caring and motivational approach. They will endeavor to ensure you always have the tools and skills you need to thrive in the workplace. All in all, Italk are a organisation with a great ethic and a genuine value for their employees.
Awful company to work for, bad management and a lack of care and support for the employees. Worked for iTalk for nearly a year and received nothing but grief from management when i needed them most. Lazy and a lack of attention to detail so they are never aware of how staff are feeling.
I moved to England from Australia and although my expectations weren't high, italk definitely exceeded them as my first job here! I found the management and seniors extremely helpful and supportive. I actually felt like I mattered as an employee- I wasn't just a person making up number. The people are all really friendly and I was happy to come to work every day! I found the work very rewarding and was always motivated by my colleagues. I highly recommend applying for a job here, there are people from all walks of life so there no need to worry- you will fit in! I'm sad to leave here as I had to move back home but if I return to England I am hoping they will give me another opportunity!
Pros
Great people, progression, supportive employers
Cons
From the beginning of my professional relationship with italk, I have felt like a valued and important member of the team. I was instantly confronted with a social and light-hearted atmosphere in which both the managers and agents take care to welcome new starters on a personal level, whether this be through talking on breaks, or through an invitation to one of the regular social events outside of the workplace. The first week of the role is spent next to an experienced agent, listening to their calls taken and asking any relevant questions. Due to the multitude of training sessions following this, it's ensured that no one is thrown into the deep with this job In regards to the work completed, each day varies widely in tasks completed due to the inbound calls taken. This allows agents to develop a range of skills simultaneously as they deal with an abundance of different issues. Personally, I have massively developed my verbal and written communication skills, as well as my confidence both in and outside of the office. There are also opportunities to progress within the department. Starting as a Customer Care agent, I quickly progressed to the role of a Senior agent within a few months, and then onward to a Team Leader. However, progression is not limited to this specific department as there are regular opportunities advertised for alternate departments within the company. Overall, I would state that I have not before encountered a job with such a fun, social environment whilst also vastly improving my professional skillset.
I've worked at italk for 9 months now and in that time have progressed from a customer care agent, to a senior agent and then on to a team leader. The company gives you plenty of opportunities to diversify and build on your skills, as well as there being many opportunities to progress internally. Management will work closely with you to help you improve and are constantly there to support agents whom are newer - this means that everyone can progress in good time and everyone benefits from the same level of attention and feedback. Due to the nature of the work there are a few processes to learn, but these change and develop as management are always looking for ways to make these processes more efficient. This means you're at no disadvantage if you're new, as everyone is progressing together. The team are all really friendly and easy to get on with which creates a great atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Free fruit, tea and coffee
I have worked for italk for nearly 2 years and have had numerous opportunities for progression during this time. I have been provided with a large amount of support from upper management to ensure that my skill set matches the opportunities I have been provided with. Therefore, I have gained many transferable skills that will benefit me in my working life going forward. Furthermore, the job in itself is very enjoyable and sociable, and I have met a lot of amazing people whilst working here.
Pros
Free fruit and coffee, work parties, sociable working environment, progression opportunities
Cons
Shift patterns can differ week by week.
I would really recommend coming to work with iTalk telecoms. when i first had my interview i felt welcome and wanted to come back again right away. they treat you like a human being here, and not just a number who is here to make the company money, they actually make the effort to get to know you as a person. it can be very overwhelming when you start a new job, with loads of people you dont know and all the info you need to take in, but the staff here all make you feel welcome and reassure you there is nothing to worry about. some people would kill for the kind of hours we work here at iTalk. its the kind of place that not only builds your skills withing the workplace, but also build you as a person. The best part of the job is the staff here,and also knowing you are doing something within the job to help someone with an issue. the academy and 1 to 1 training is really good, they dont rush you. they let you do it at your own pace. so in other words, they dont chuck you in the deep end unless you feel ready. we get free tea, coffee fruit. and chances to win numerous prizes and bonuses. to cut a long story short We need more work places like this in the UK. 5 starts from me.
I have been at italk for a number of years and i couldn't see my self working anywhere else, i look forward to work in the mornings and have met some amazing people since being here! Everyone is so friendly and welcoming to all and no one is made to feel out of place! I have seen the company grow and it is still continuing to grow at such a fast rate, italk WILL be the next big thing on the market! The staff have great ambition and are very motivational and you are never treated like another number on a seat, everyone if known and praised for who they are and the work they do! They have progression opportunities and goals that everyone can be a part of, every person is an asset to the company! I could honestly not fault this company and the people who work here!
Pros
Free Fruit & Refreshments, Great Staff, Progression Opportunities, Chance to be part of a growing company
Cons
None!
In my experience italk is a great place to work and this is true both for people who have experience in a customer care environment or those who are looking for something they haven't done before. There is a training academy which means that people who are new to the job get a high level of individual support, and are comfortable in the role before they join the main floor teams. The atmosphere is great and people really get on well, both within the teams and with management which is something that you don't find in a great deal of places. I've learnt a lot during my time at italk as there are many different elements to get to grips with, and whilst I'd never call the work easy it really is rewarding when you are able to solve a problem, or get to the bottom of an issue on a customer's behalf. All in all, working at italk is a balance of interesting work and a great atmosphere - the people you get to work with are fantastic and the work is a mix of challenging and informative, especially if you enjoy problem solving.
Pros
Interesting work / Great atmosphere
Applied for this job with the idea that it was only going to be a temp job for a couple of months or so, however I found that the people here including the managers and team leaders are very enjoyable to work with, and have now been here for over a year. There can be lots to learn depending on your job role but management are very good at training everyone as individuals. All in all, very enjoyable place to work.
It's been an absolute pleasure working for italk. Managers are friendly and supportive, there's nothing really to complain about. Sure it can be boring at times as you'd expect but If you work hard you will be rewarded.
Pros
Free fruit, tea and coffee
Cons
No break room
Poor management, some treat you like children and speak down to you. Ridiculously terrible facilities. No break room, non adjustable computer screens (Health and Safety...) Very unprofessional working environment suited to school leavers. Just avoid, Tesco is a better employer.
Pros
Free fruit tea and coffee
Cons
No break room, rude management, poor facilities and mostly a very young work force
italk was a brilliant place to work based on the coworkers alone. The hours, being extremely varied, are incredibly difficult to handle and adapt to, and the stability of breaks during shifts are practically non-existent. The management is extremely poor, and in an environment where the workers are expected to act like school kids, the management enforce that by prioritising members of staff and caring a lot less about their other workers. From personal experience, I can say at the time of leaving the management didn't care about my absence and, quite frankly, I felt as if my presence was unwanted towards the end of my employment. Overall very, very unprofessional with hypocritical managers who are lackluster at their job.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
italk was a very fun and friendly call centre with lots of daily insentives and the training was really good and also the team leaders was very helpful
Pros
early finish
Cons
hours
The job is what it is. it can be boring and repetitive but that is what is to be expected for a role on the phone! The managers are good at keeping everyones spirits up which does help a bit. the targets are realistic if you really try, its really not a hard job, if you dont like taking loads of calls a day then i wouldnt recommend it but for easy money and a decent environment then its a lot better than any other call center ive been at.
Pros
commission, incentives
Cons
boring