ISS Integrated Solutions

ISS Integrated Solutions Employee Reviews

United Kingdom21 reviews
It’s a good and a calm job for who is looking to somewhere to start professionally in London. The hard part of the work is about the supervisors do not have the right training and don’t treat us very well sometimes.
The workload at iss was very unrealistic and unachievable.
I had approx 60 sites to look after, there were many sites without any cleaners on them at all which i was expected to cover myself racing all over the midlands.

I spent about 85% of my day covering sites with no cleaners, then having meetings with retail managers who were constantly complaining about the poor standards of cleaning staff when they were on site, many sites had no stock to clean with hence the poor cleaning standards, cleaners were unhappy with their jobs all the time, due to their workload being unrealistic, cleaners not being paid for weeks at a time and then when they were they were taxed at a ridiculous rate, i lost a few cleaners like this who left because they had enough of iss.

I was bombarded with e.mail after e.mail all day everyday, bombarded with phone calls all day, the rest of my working day was spent, doing site audits, interviewing new starters, training new starters, dropping off emergency cleaning materials to sites.

Start at 5.30am on site, cover clean 2.5 hours, then pick up all the complaints, i.e. answer e.mails, then if cleaners phoned in sick you had to work the evenings as well i.e. 6pm to 8pm and all of this was supposed to be done in 40 hours.

The worst company i have ever worked for in over 40 years

If you have no home life and want to live on the job then iss could be the job for you.

My personal experience and advice would be dont bother.
Pros
company van for work, cant be used privately.
Cons
ridiculous hours of work
Good company , serious and very professional.
Get a lot of experience from my superiors and they tech you to provide the best of you.

I loved to work there.
New to the Technical Services side of the business, but had clear plans and certainly appeared to work towards to the clients requirements. All the standard training available and benefits etc.
Worse firm ever. Never get in touch with you. Can’t get in touch with them if you have a problem. Don’t waste your time if I was you. I was happy until we got tuped over to these and then things changed dramatically and not for the good either.
Pros
Get paid fortnightly
Cons
That’s if you get it.
Factically working in an environment where teamwork and culture played a very important role. Be part of the solution at work is always a joyful moment which keeps one going.
I worked for this company on 2 sites. Was not paid for 5 weeks work on one site and am still trying to get paid for the missing wages 6 weeks after leaving. The other site did not pay me either correctly or on time for the first 3 months worked. This company is impossible to get in contact with if you have a problem regarding any issues. You phone the switchboard and they put you through to somebody who is never there to answer the phone. You leave a message and they never get back to you. I must have left about 10 messages to different people. Take my advise and Look elsewhere for a job.
Pros
Cons
Work for free
At ISS all managers and supervisors are empowered to manage their people and contracts who a great feeling of ownership and anonymity.

I fantastic organisation to start your career with in FM
Pros
helath care, pension, bonuses and perks
Cons
you turn up, clock in and out, and manage your cleaning all independently, management are relaxed and you get to cover other locations. the pay is bad but no worse than any other, and you can usually start the day you get it.
Absolute shambles of a company arrived for my first shift and left half way through! Was shown around for maybe ten minutes by people who didnt even work there then was left on my own to do a massive work load, unsure of where I was going and what I was doing. No clock in clock out and no one to ask for help.I could have had an accident and no one would have even known. Very unprofessional!!
Pros
Nil
Cons
Everything!! Lack of communication and very unprofessional
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ISS Integrated Solutions?
Management have such a massive work load that the only way they can cope is to ignore you, so phone messages and texts go unanswered.
The way this company got so big is to make unrealistic promises about what they can deliver in an unrealistic time. That's how they win contracts. So the cleaners are expected to do an enormous range of tasks in a stupidly small amount of time, and premises that need two cleaners often only have one cleaner who of course can't keep everything gleaming because it's an unrealistic contract.

You are not given any information about the structure of management, so you don't know who is above your boss.

It is a mess of a company, from the point of a cleaner.
Pros
You are unlikely to get sacked because of lack of management
Cons
overstretched management with too many responsibilities
Good company to work for, with paid holidays and sick pay but fancy a change. I am hard working be it under pressure with a team or working on my own. Puncture and always early for work and the next challenge that awaits me, smart in appearance and mind. Honest and caring with a sense of humour. Easy going and approachable.
Pros
Night work and quiet
Cons
I have been working for ISS for over a year now, at first it was enjoyable although we did have an issue with stock consistency. However now a new manager has taken over and it has gone completely down hill. We have less stock, less staff and machines are always broken. The management treats you with complete disrespect and when reported the higher management don't want to know, even going to the extreme of hanging up the phone!
Pros
Cons
Hours
Carry out all PPM's , complete reactive jobs throughout the day ,
Make sure all small project work is on time and deal with any problems during this course.

Interacting with client and customers to carry out all requests.
Pros
Onsite restaraunt, onsite parking, 4 day week
Cons
on call 2 weeks in every 4 weeks
Great working atmosphere, not too loud or quiet in the office. Very good sense of team spirit and support for others. Fast paced but not too pressured.
Pros
£1 Monday meals
Cons
Commute from Newbury
I'm currently still with this company is clean banks amazing experience in get on wellie with my supervisor and boss could never leave excellent pay as well and stock is always delivered on time .....
Cons
Part time
clean banks
how to work better as a team

got premoted to supervisor

got on and well liked with other supervisor

heavy lifting of equipment in and out of van

all of it
Pros
the hours
Cons
going to birminghm 2 a week for meetings and then start work after
Worked for company for 6mths always problems with stock for cleaning and management don't listen to lowly cleaners not interested and do nothing to help new jobs advertised at higher rate than every one else now wonder everyone not happy glad I left
Pros
Non
Oh when 1st took over, then went downhill, business manager waste of time didn't listen to thing I had to saysubroutine in good machine, S , then cut my hours.Glad I'm out of there, good riddance .
Pros
Cons
not enough hours.
ISS is a very people orientated company, and it provides endless opportunities to its employees, from front line staff all the way up to senior managers. They have always respected peoples ideas and the training program is brilliant.
This company has a very good structure when it comes to Work life balance. I would recommend it to any job seeker.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Going through a transition