ISS Healthcare

ISS Healthcare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews
Ok for a first job
I was always working with a 0 hour contract so found this difficult as hours were not guaranteed. Not very supportive of my personal circumstances when needed.
Pros
provided transport back and forth work
Iss review
Loved it lovely company to work for good pay great people to work with travel pay good flexible with hours suits you and family commitments training course good helped me with my qcf 2 health and social care
I enjoy working here
Management are experienced and support the team of field based carers well. It's a tough industry but very rewarding and I feel appreciated for the difference I make.
Not a very nice working environment
I worked here for only 2 months as we were taken over by iss health care
Management would talk about and belittle staff. Many complaints taken to management about the care and support of our service users but nonthing was done.

Not all staff but many who had been there long term were lazy, did basic care and left as soon as they could. Not always the staffs fault but coordinated would do runs so tight you be rushing and not concentrating on the role.
They treat you like dirt.. the manager is young and a She thrives on being in power, the staff in the office s shout at you and slam the phone down on you if you up any extra shifts or calls. Iss health care Cardiff should be shut down, have carers out for over 19hr a day they should be ashamed of their selves
Cons
Poor terruble place to work for
Dangerous place to work for please dont let them look after your familys or ill people they need to be shut down asap staff are treated bad no consideration to stay or clients
Don’t go here!
Rubbish company! Don’t care about their staff, office staff are lazy and don’t care about the service users or the carers. The runs are rubbish you can be out fifthteen hours a day and get paid for six.
Pros
Cons
Long hours rubbish pay
A Fantastic Company to Work For
I have worked at ISS Healthcare for nearly 4 years. I really enjoy my job and being able to help less fortunate people live their lives as much as possible. My job role is made easier be the office staff who all have caring backgrounds. They are very supportive towards staff and service users. They will try as hard as possible to resolve queries in a timely manor. They are very friendly and easy to approach. There is good communication skills between carers, service users and office staff.

I highly recommend ISS Healthcare as a company to work with.
Pros
Connect and Collect - Great savings available through this program both online and instore
bad
do not work here, the hours are very unsociable, every day off you have they will be calling you to work, hours are very unrealistic, can be anything from 6 hours a week to 60, there is no consistency. Management are very poor.
Worst employer ever
Horrible employer - I witnessed a lot of discrimiation against ethinic miniorities and had to leave as it was such an awful environment - was shocked racisim to this degree would still occur in London of all places by senior management
not bad
management always on your back and always having a go when trying your best they need to support you and help you but is a good place to work and staff stick together
interesting experience
very hard working on a daily basis, work/life balance difficult to achieve , could do more with accurate and efficient staff support and training.
lack of decent human resources and driven by numbers not based at all on human trust....

lack of human touch on the managerial side, maybe due to the style of managerial moulding to the company standards,

interesting indeed!!!!
Pros
quick way to learn about productivity
Cons
not really staff orienteted company.
work place
they treat you like if your still in school always calling you to work and wages not that brilliant. wouldn't suggest this place to anyone unless they want to be treated unfairly.
Pros
extra pay on bank holidays
challenging and tiring
a typical day would be the job description helping patients with their personal hygiene and house hold chores , lending an ear if needed as some people are without families .
That’s an interesting question.
.I love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash. On a given day, during the early hours you will find me speaking to the clients, finding out – proactively – what their priorities are for the week, meeting with team for half hour to communicate the clients’ needs and organizing the team schedules around the client’s priorities. I do this on Monday so that the rest of the week is well organized and we can effectively use our team’s time in exceeding client’s expectations and avoid Friday evening surprises. Rest of the week goes in delivering the product(s), updating the status with the client, answering emails and calls from our teams. My role involves extensive management responsibilities and staying organized is not an option.
good place to work, very cordial staff
restructuring taking place. Supporting service users is always a nice experience.

Learnt to be compassionate and pay attention to every details and ensure work is carried out safely
fun place
Really like my current job but want a career change, it is a fast working place envoirment, would recommend place to work for
You WILL not get paid.
A typical day of work is sitting around in your car for hours at a time waiting for your next call. You are not to be paid for any time outside of the calls you are in.

I learned that this type of job will provide no support, income or stability to life.

Co-workers all feel the same but because of the HUGE turn over of staff you will rarely work with the same person again.

The hardest part is having to deal with the WORST management you can possibly imagine. Don't expect help, they don't care about the clients or you.

Besides the bad review, the people you visit are great. I have met some amazing people working in this job and very much care deeply about them.
Cons
You will be out for at least nine hours and get paid for three. No salary.
we created a good understanding between managment and staff. which made the job so easy in the long term future.
every day was a challenge as different patient's came in an went home.
Therefore you meet evry kind of nationalite's,

also too work with a good management is the plus side of the job when everybody understands each other,

There was no hard part of the job, probably the hardest would be training a new start for a week making sure they comply with the compan'ie's standard.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing the management where happy with my application and too see the patient's recover and return home too there familie's and ive made new friend's.
Pros
we never got free lunches we paid for our own lunch.
Cons
The long hour's i loved them, I class myself as a workaholic and worked seven day's a week whenever possible.
A daily Slog with no support
My typical day at work starts at 8 am and often finishes at 7 or 8 pm.i manage a team of 150+ employees and have no admin support or assistant manager hence my 60 hr plus week.

I have to do all the staff management activities including letters and the writing of minutes etc.

There is a bullying culture within this company with senior managers not speaking to you form months on end, ridiculous targets that can not be attained or shouting at you in the presence of other managers and staff.

stay well clear
gud working experience
its a great experience that i had worked in iss , itshelp me to improve my attiitude against cleanliness , and abt workers they r friendly
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ISS Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5