ISS Facility Services Employee Reviews

Found 502 reviews matching the search See all 2,666 reviews
Poor management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire2 August 2018
If you are not friends with the managers don’t even think you’ll get anywhere in this company. A lot of management changes/ leaving causing the inexperienced and unfit for the role team leaders and supervisors to take the roles. Unorganised and last minute changes to schedules. Could go on and on.
Pros
Paid breaks, some of the colleagues, salary
Cons
Changing hours, inexperienced “managers”, poor workplace culture
Not a good work experience
Facilities Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burgess Hill, West Sussex7 November 2018
Unfortunately I can't recommend this company to work for, more into profit then their employees. As for the management, they disregard team members who worked hard, we had an inadequate work force, team moral was low, management incompetence and no support. Recent events had motivated me to re examine my reasons for working for ISS. After careful thought and consideration I concluded that my core values are not aligned with the dysfunctional organisational culture at ISS.
Lack of management training knowledge
Temp Quotes Co-Coordinator/ Helpdesk call handler (Former Employee) –  Horwich, Greater Manchester14 April 2018
A great place to work with friendly colleagues. Downfall is management expect you to learn on the job with little training then complain when errors are made but cannot advise you how to resolve and pass you to colleagues for assistance.
Check SLA updates.
Check quotes, forward to relevant departments for approval, raise purchase orders when approved or follow up for further information.
Update/maintain spreadsheets.
Hardest part is finding contact details from out of date spreadsheets and meeting SLA targets.
Very demanding/high pressured/stressful.
Great hours most on 9-5 Mon-Fri.
Pros
Great atmosphere, social events, salary.
Cons
Expectations, lack of training, poor management.
Managment and Payroll Awful
Cleaning Operative (Current Employee) –  South Cerney, Gloucestershire20 June 2018
The Job itself is fantastic and I enjoy the work however I have had nothing but problems with my pay. I've either not been paid on time or been paid the wrong amount. The communication between management and their employees definitely needs improving i struggle to contact my supervisors if i ever have a problem or want to take annual leave. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the staff of Co Op in the mornings who have always made me feel extremely welcomed and I believe i have made friends for life. Also I love to clean and work hard to maintain the store at a high standard.
its a job
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool29 October 2018
in my sector, the management is poor. your weekly hours vary, its very unlikely that you will be given a contract when you start and can wait years before being offered one. the benefits however include being able to accumulate holidays through the hours you work and being able to dictate when you're available for a shift and when you need time off.
Productive and fun according to the day requirements\customer demands
Procure to pay (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands22 June 2018
Busy working environment, which I liked.

The hardest was not having a handover but this made me feel independent and capable of working on my own in coordination with the management.

The hardest part was not having a proper access to work as I wasn't given a pass. Also the wages were not so well coordinated between the system and the HR data.

I like the company structure, the management was good and helpful and the culture was friendly.
Pros
Pass not been issued
Cons
A local good employer
Fun Place to Work
Mess Hand (Former Employee) –  Leeming30 August 2018
Working with RAF chefs and stewards on a daily basis means making sure that their cooking items were clean and ready to use at a moments notice, constantly having to clean the kitchen and make sure that its safe to prep food on is an essential.
I knew the job role already from previous experience working in the catering industry.
Management were just but fair due to it being a food prep area and working with chemicals they had to make sure that the job was being done correctly.
All staff there liked to joke around and have fun but they made sure their work came first and everything was done correctly and safely.
The hardest part of the job is making sure that you kept on top of the workload as during busy periods it can become hectic and people may struggle.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the people you worked with, they made the job enjoyable for me and helped the day go by.
Pros
The people
Cons
Hectic workloads
Perfect job for a student
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 July 2018
Working at ISS is fun taking notes of the conversation made between managers and a worker.
I have learned the redundancy side of the business and how its handled in a professional way.
Management is very friendly and supportive.
Workplace culture to me is very easy.
hardest part of the job is perfection
The most enjoyable part is when you work near computer.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
flexible hours
Assistant Manager - Finance (Former Employee) –  Quinton, West Midlands14 October 2018
Overall a good Company, days are typically long - although 9-5, it would be expected that you stayed until it is done. Some management can be challenging however, a good job was always rewarded at the end of the year. The hardest part of the job is dealing with regulatory requirements and changes as rules change constantly. The most enjoyable part of the job is it's diversity of people.
New Build Headquarters
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow24 April 2018
Every day brings new challenges be it staff or client led.

My day can involve either a full shift of administration and payroll, or can see me working alongside the staff team carrying out cleaning tasks and deep cleans.

The requirement in keeping a flagship building to a high cleaning standard is always guaranteed to keep you busy. Workplace culture is very positive having been integrated into the client building management circle which creates a positive working environment with regular 2 way discussion of issues.

Have had to enhance existing skills in dealing with a variety of personalities within my own staff team, and that of the client team and management. This has led to learning for myself in how best to present myself in a range of professional environments.

Hardest part of the job is ensuring a work life balance as I ensure I regularly meet with all of my team which can mean attending work place during day time operating hours and having to return to see the back and night shift teams.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a job well done, completed in a timely manner to a high standard which allows me to pass on thanks and praise to the staff members involved.

Additionally, there is pleasure in seeing staff members reach a level of confidence and professionalism which has enabled them to move on to promoted posts, either internally within ISS or with other Companies.
Pros
On site facilities including a gym and a canteen
Cons
The need to ensure that the work life balance is maintained.
Terrible Company - Liars
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Manchester / Altricham / Trafford1 October 2018
Worked for this company now since July 2017 when they took over the Metrolink cleaning contract from Solo Services. They made promises before the take over(pay rise/better cleaning stock/more staff/honour the solo services contract).The pay rise hasn't happened and they don't seem to be bothered. The stock provided when you can get any is sub standard(cheap and nasty). Staff recruitment seem to centre around agency staff(who get treated better but never stay to long), some staff have been taken on full time but these are badly trained and are not supervised correctly. The training they do receive tends to be from colleagues who are bone idle(the management like these(sun shines out of their backsides)). Now the management have recently put more work on a few staff and taken it off others who are on more money. We also undertake other duties i.e. customer services which we are not paid to do. Some people(and you could count them on one hand) who work for ISS on this contract love their job and I don't know why.

NB - TERRIBLE COMPANY/ BAD MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP/ SUPERVISORS WHO HAVE LOST HEART(AND NOW DONT CARE)
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
Bad management / poor wage structure
Worst company to work for
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh11 July 2018
The job itself was awful to the point that the bank staff felt sorry for the cleaners, the management used to make female workers lift 50+ kg confidential waste bins to empty them, we were asked to clean outside bins with rats running about. We had to shovel the snow from outside the bank car park in blistering cold. If refused the manager would threaten employees with a dismissal. When i was off sick for a couple of days i had to ask the doctor for a letter to confirm my appointment and sickness as the manager demanded this or my employment would be terminated. I had physically fainted at work due to stress caused by management threatening me with loosing my job.
Pros
Sat, sun off
Cons
Vindictive management
Nice job, shame about the Management.
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Basildon1 October 2018
Day to day tasks were that of a typical Maintenance Engineer; anything from unblocking toilets to changing filters / belts to performing minor installs for electrical plant and new desk locations. Was heavily involved with upkeep of the general lighting of the building and bringing the emergency lighting back to a fit for purpose level of operation. Management seemed too interested in their own affairs rather than what was going on in the field.
I previously worked for this company, they were the worst company I ever worked for
cleaning supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf22 June 2018
The managers always blamed the supervisors or the cleaners. No progression, lack of clarity when it comes to staffs duty.

Culture of bullying and bad management.
Pros
Good colleagues and nice place to work
Cons
Bunch of bullies and bad management
No progression
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cheshire24 June 2018
There is no progression within this company keep wanting to progress but no feedback from management no awards or recognition of staff keep asking but no answers just filling a vacancy for them
Cons
Very long hours for minimum wage
Busy working inviroment
Cover Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Congleton Cheshire22 November 2018
The job was great loved working where I did working 12 hours per day earning some good money for once the sadist part was avoiding my own staff it's amazing how these so called professional companies get these contracts when the client and your own staff are an after thought got asked to clean up the warehouse because it was a mess did so and then got a disiplined because it was not my job to do. To iss the client is king simple they ask you DO also EVERY
Wage was wrong and I mean 2 to 3 hundred pounds out they do not and will flatly refuse to give you a wage slip they will call you to work some were you will do the job and then be told that they cannot afford to pay for the work you have just done if there's any companie I would like to see fail then it's you iss because you are a joke
Pros
Cons
To many
Rubbish
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire7 November 2018
They only care for themselves , working dogs body , make you feel worthless & not good enough to do your job , didn’t have any training in the position at all , just have to guess , the management are all stuck together also don’t like new starters , do everything in their power to make them walk out
I do not recommend.
HARD FACILITIES MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  London15 June 2018
Lack of communication between the manager, supervisor and helpdesk causes that you are sometimes lost in what you have to do.
Do not think, just follow the instructions blindly, you pay for it.
A lot of unplanned overtime and unexpected work on weekends. I do not mind overtime, but if you find out about it on Friday after 3:00 PM it's not cool anymore.
In the beginning, the work brought a lot of satisfaction and pleasure, but after one year I changed my mind.
Pros
There is no pros.
Cons
Long hours, miscommunication, no brakes.
Busy Work Place
Stewardess (Former Employee) –  Amesbury18 September 2018
This is a good job to have whilst in college etc...
Not good as a carer as there is no room for promotion.
You will have quiet nights serving a couple of the officers to manic nights serving up to 150/200 people.

Amazing Job.
Pros
Free Food
Avoid, bunch of bullies.
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall20 June 2018
Poor communication through out the supervisors/managers. Only want to know what they want to hear. Conflicting interests, covering their own tracks which they like to make out it’s the cleaners issue/fault. Whilst the rest of us are doing our jobs management are outside or around the work you are at with their take away coffees.
Pros
Nothing which comes to mind.
Cons
Communication, no haste for stock when needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ISS Facility Services. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K