ISS Facility Services Employee Reviews

Not bad, when you get paid.
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey15 January 2018
The people that I work with are great, but the pay is often wrong and the management have no idea why or how to fix it, so tough s**t basically. Some of the demands are unreasonable within the time given to work, so look forward to being moaned at. Also, if you have an accident caused by someone else, don’t expect anything to be done about other than them getting a slap on the wrist as the management don’t like the bother of dealing with such issues.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Bad management, pay wrong, demanding
hard work and very detailed
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Derby14 January 2018
you would see your manager first thing to check if they required any extra jobs doing or if u were required to take on a different area of work within that day. within working in this job you learnt 100% clean deatil to clean, the management were either on your backs checking every last detail or no where to be seen the hardest part was when u were u expacted to do your usual roles and take on extra work yet not given any extra time to get it all done the most important part of the was knowing that you had put the health and saftey of the patients and there families first
Bad
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire12 January 2018
Don't get paid correctly then when they say they will sort it it gets bac pay which then they do 25% tax on it so still don't get money owed. Always chasing for your money. They pick and choose from one pay to next if going to get normal money or not. I have now gone and taken to acas and omnibus as can't keep getting away with this.
Pros
Boss
Cons
Wages
Cleaner
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London9 January 2018
office building called Nomura in the center of London my first work in the UK, cleaning the offices and, more precisely, vacuuming and keeping the rooms in the right order
Okay
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey7 January 2018
The job was alright but needed to be better wages I got no danger money for the job or unsociable hours pay didn't get paid the correct amount of money other than that brilliant to work for
Pros
Great peopke to work with
Cons
Oay
Very poor
Grounds Maintenance Operative (Former Employee) –  Boxley, Kent6 January 2018
Unfair pay some getting paid more than others for doing the same job or less of a job I Was driving and had PA1 PA6 and was getting less than people who didn't drive or have a PA1 PA6. Management just fob you off it will get sorted out but it never does get sorted think it's just a form.of constructive dismissal very unprofessional from management up to director's
Pros
Take van home so dont have to pay for travel to work
Cons
Unfair pay
Cleaner bournemout
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset6 January 2018
Awful management , bad job in Bournemouth , 3 months was a bad experi cejob not recommend for any one to work in this place its a shame to be employed in iss company , the team and the supervisor its jnot friendly at all, good luck in the..not deserve
Pros
Less break
Cons
Awful
Good company
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harefield hospital28 December 2017
As a services company, it is a fantastic opportunity to work there. I loved my place of duty, I liked the timely payment dates, payment not always accurate. Lately load of work a bit higher probably due to reorganisation and budget.
Great staff and decent pay
Cleaning Operative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wakefield21 December 2017
Really enjoyed working with my team and other contractors here, Main issue for me here was lack of management involvement and staffing issues were also a problem.
True colours revealed
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester21 December 2017
Working for the company I thought great at first until I never saw anyone from head office and they never tried to interact either.

Visits would be to see manager then move off lower staff not cared for
Pros
Can't think
Cons
Selfish
ejoyable
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire20 December 2017
Cleaning offices, Learned chemical usage, sterilisation and decontamination. Management on site. Staff friendly. Sometimes the time was limited. I enjoyed feedback for my thorough performance.
Pros
Lunch free
Cons
Duties varied
Professional
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond15 December 2017
I would love to work here for many reasons, firstly i think it would suit me;it is very close to me and I have many experience in the kitchen. I would like to be a kitchen assistant as I had the same job for a decade. Many Thanks.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
20 or whatever hours
productive
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bristol11 December 2017
a typical work day starts early on at least a couple of hours before I have to travel, I prepare myself and check my itinerary and traffic.
I gained a multitude of skills.
the work place culture is very important to me.
commuting is the hardest part of most jobs
getting a satisfying work load.
fun place to work
Porter (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 December 2017
I enjoyed my time working at ISS.I enjoyed being part of a lovely team. Everyone worked together and co operated well. I enjoyed many aspects of the role. The management was organised.
Pros
Great collegues
Cons
Hard work most of the time
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  JCB Cheadle, Staffordshire7 December 2017
The contract manager and supervisors support you, but one above has cancelled 3 weeks in August for holidays and 2 weeks in June so we only 42 weeks to fit in 28 days for 3 guards.
Pros
Contract Manager and supervisors are very good
Cons
Only 42 weeks to have 28 days holiday through the year
Excellent employer
PA to Chief Operating Officer (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey6 December 2017
A people-based business (45,000 employees in the UK) so the culture is very much focused on staff - management, welfare, etc. Particularly notable was the company's involvement in apprenticeships and assisting veterans to return to civilian life.
People I work with are fantastic
Steward (Current Employee) –  RAF Leeming5 December 2017
I work at RAF leeming at moment have work at the office mess for 14 years give an take a few months am looking for something in Liverpool as family are there I done Sliver service and royalty and have done batting and FOH and done sation Commander Residence as well
Pros
Am a good worker
Cons
Say as it is
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scotland2 December 2017
I have enjoyed working at ISS for over six years now.
The staff are friendly and professional and management are approachable and supportive.

Would recomend ISS to anyone wishing to work for a world leading facility services company.
Poorly run company
Grounds Maintenance Operative (Former Employee) –  Wokingham26 November 2017
By far the worst place i have ever worked. Management are incompetent and have obvious favourites and if you ain't one of the favourites you get screwed. Also alot of stealing of personal items. The company uses you then drops you.
A company that breeds Breeds Depression
Mobile Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North East19 November 2017
Expectation to work 50 hours per week when only getting paid for 40!!
Yet being hourly paid! My immediate manager was an absolute joke who expected me to do most of his job for him while he worked from "home"
No pay rise in 3 years while higher management got yearly increases
Pros
Made some life long friends in the same boat
Cons
Where do I start!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ISS Facility Services. Our community is ready to answer.