ISS Facility Services Employee Reviews

Bunch of users
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 June 2018
Rude and unfriendly management they use you to there advantage then drop you making up lies I would nt work for this company ever again the only good thing was the rest of the team I worked with
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
You get conned alright
Productive and fun according to the day requirements\customer demands
Procure to pay (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands22 June 2018
Busy working environment, which I liked.

The hardest was not having a handover but this made me feel independent and capable of working on my own in coordination with the management.

The hardest part was not having a proper access to work as I wasn't given a pass. Also the wages were not so well coordinated between the system and the HR data.

I like the company structure, the management was good and helpful and the culture was friendly.
Pros
Pass not been issued
Cons
A local good employer
I previously worked for this company, they were the worst company I ever worked for
cleaning supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf22 June 2018
The managers always blamed the supervisors or the cleaners. No progression, lack of clarity when it comes to staffs duty.

Culture of bullying and bad management.
Pros
Good colleagues and nice place to work
Cons
Bunch of bullies and bad management
Excelente ambiente de trabajo.Buena calidad humana etc.
Limpieza de oficinas (Former Employee) –  Londres.Canary wharf20 June 2018
Excelente compañia. Buen ambiente de trabajo y muy organizado.muy buenas capacitaciones en seguridad e higiene.
Pros
Falta de oportunidad de asensos.
Managment and Payroll Awful
Cleaning Operative (Current Employee) –  South Cerney, Gloucestershire20 June 2018
The Job itself is fantastic and I enjoy the work however I have had nothing but problems with my pay. I've either not been paid on time or been paid the wrong amount. The communication between management and their employees definitely needs improving i struggle to contact my supervisors if i ever have a problem or want to take annual leave. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the staff of Co Op in the mornings who have always made me feel extremely welcomed and I believe i have made friends for life. Also I love to clean and work hard to maintain the store at a high standard.
Avoid, bunch of bullies.
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall20 June 2018
Poor communication through out the supervisors/managers. Only want to know what they want to hear. Conflicting interests, covering their own tracks which they like to make out it’s the cleaners issue/fault. Whilst the rest of us are doing our jobs management are outside or around the work you are at with their take away coffees.
Pros
Nothing which comes to mind.
Cons
Communication, no haste for stock when needed.
Good Company with big and exciting aspirations.
Operations Manager - UBS (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 June 2018
It was great to work for ISS at UBS bank. They have great ambitions and aspirations which makes you excited to help to achieve that.
Good opportunities for promotion and relocation as well.
I do not recommend.
HARD FACILITIES MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  London15 June 2018
Lack of communication between the manager, supervisor and helpdesk causes that you are sometimes lost in what you have to do.
Do not think, just follow the instructions blindly, you pay for it.
A lot of unplanned overtime and unexpected work on weekends. I do not mind overtime, but if you find out about it on Friday after 3:00 PM it's not cool anymore.
In the beginning, the work brought a lot of satisfaction and pleasure, but after one year I changed my mind.
Pros
There is no pros.
Cons
Long hours, miscommunication, no brakes.
Fun Sociable Workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh13 June 2018
ISS has a relaxed working environment and employs multiple members of staff, therfore has a good mixture of people and your weekends are always free. However the working hours are low providing less than desirable wages on a fortnightly basis.
Pros
Secure job, Weekends free
Cons
Poor salary due to low working hours
bad to work for
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Dundee City6 June 2018
never get paid what is supposed to be paid for the hours people do, never get paid on time, management was terrible only turned up when he wanted to. Management could've handled things a lot better when it come to getting paid
Cons
not long enough hours
Very little support
Key Client Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester3 June 2018
The people in the company are very good at what they do, however there is a massive issue with resource, training and support in any role you do. Job advancement seems poor and security is always a concern as they are always looking to make the most money. Money seems to matter over job satisfaction.
Pros
Flexiable working hours and great people to work with
Cons
holidays, support and prospects
Awful
Mobile Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cornwall31 May 2018
Absolute shambles business manager is a complete clueless bimbo who rather go shopping than help quite often fraudulent activity was happening with paperwork the other mobile supervisor was as clueless and useless as the business manager they also like spending alot of time together in each others pockets where your left to struggle. Expenses never paid I'm still owed hundreds of pounds. The work phone doesn't stop ringing and rings ridiculous hours of the night and weekends when your supposed to be off
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
iss Cleaning
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire22 May 2018
Working for Iss was good, i really enjoyed my job.
it was hard and could be challenging.
I cleaned wards and offices after working hours and i also prepared food for paitents on the wards and made sure all kktchens were clean for the next day.
Cons
hours of working.
Productive Learning Experience
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 May 2018
Definitely a good place to work if you like to learn about the Soft FM Industry from the grass roots up. There is always support available as there are so many experienced colleagues to work with.
Management try to bully you and talk to you as if you are a piece of dirt.
Cleaner full time (Former Employee) –  Scotland16 May 2018
Management look after there relatives and friends and the rest just get told to get on with itand they tell lies. So if you have a choice stay well clear.
Over all poor
Area supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cornwall14 May 2018
Have to work 50 plus hours and only get paid for 40,not paying there staff properly and on time ,and just the fact you have to work more then your contracted hours and only get paid for 40 ,the attitude of mangers was if you don't agree with it then leave ,disgusting response from a senior manager but this attitude is across the board
Pros
Cons
Pay
The managers are a bunch of idiots
Bus Cleaner (Former Employee) –  South West11 May 2018
I worked as a bus cleaner for 5 months, all through winter and the snow and kept all the buses clean in the fleet with no depot manager complaints, until the manager of ISS thought he knew better and change the schedule and tasks that were needed to be done, and I ended up leaving out 80% of the fleet every week, and 3 weeks later I was gone leaving all the permanent staff to sit in the canteen all night every night never doing a thing, besides 1 bus every day which would take 3 to 4 months for the deep clean team to work through the whole fleet.
Pros
its a job
Cons
most of the time spent at work
productive place to work
Catering Manager Cowglen & Capella (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow10 May 2018
I enjoyed my job, it was hard work due to the fact of being a sole employee responsible for all aspects of the catering facility. This included all administrative duties, filie management. due diligence paperwork and cash/banking
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no chance for a break
Great place to work for
Landscape Gardener (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire5 May 2018
Learnt a lot dealing with the public great job. Loved the out door work. Was great working as part of a team and good working on my own. The people i work with where great.
Friendly co-workers
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  London4 May 2018
I worked for iss for years. The management amd my particular site where useless but on a whole its a great company to work for good pay and decent holiday
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not valued

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ISS Facility Services. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K