ISS Facility Services Employee Reviews

Great place to progress
National Facilities Management Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire19 September 2018
From day one you know that the company is world wide and that you can move within the business, so great place to get your feet under the table. There are some work perks, and great breaks during the day.
Pros
Breaks, pay well
Cons
Lack of training
Good company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds/nottingham17 September 2018
Good company to work for but the management is rubbish don't care about employees.Mobile supervisor and site supervisors are good people and cleaning staff hard working.
Awful company, mobilastaion is non existent.
engineer (Current Employee) –  manchester17 September 2018
Got Tupe transferred into this sorry company in June 2018. 3 months in and haven't been paid properly, about 1k down.

They are a soft services, security and catering company. They have now tried to branch out into technical services.

They cant even change bog rolls, let alone run a kitchen or run a team of security or engineers.
fun wo
cleaner (Current Employee) –  floors, UK9 September 2018
I enjoy working for ISS Barclays They are very reliable and honest company that look after their cleaners.The offer further training opportunities for us
Team work is key
Catering Assistant/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf2 September 2018
Busy restaurant and deli bar _ full time position but shift hours,
Interacting/ meeting with clients my favourite part
Hardest part of the job getting up at 4:30am when on early shift
Pros
Holiday pay, free lunch
Cons
Travelling to London
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands30 August 2018
The hardest part of the job was trying to speak to one of your supervisors for help and they never used to help you in any shape or form I found out that this job wasn't for me when I never got taught right and has to teach myself which wasn't all bad as I learned a lot on the way. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the patient and helping them and seeing their faces light up when I take my time to have a chat with them.
Fun Place to Work
Mess Hand (Former Employee) –  Leeming30 August 2018
Working with RAF chefs and stewards on a daily basis means making sure that their cooking items were clean and ready to use at a moments notice, constantly having to clean the kitchen and make sure that its safe to prep food on is an essential.
I knew the job role already from previous experience working in the catering industry.
Management were just but fair due to it being a food prep area and working with chemicals they had to make sure that the job was being done correctly.
All staff there liked to joke around and have fun but they made sure their work came first and everything was done correctly and safely.
The hardest part of the job is making sure that you kept on top of the workload as during busy periods it can become hectic and people may struggle.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the people you worked with, they made the job enjoyable for me and helped the day go by.
Pros
The people
Cons
Hectic workloads
I like working for iss but need something different
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woolwich, Greater London23 August 2018
I work at iss checking wards and making sure it is clean sorting out a/l sickness and absences interviews doing deep cleans dealing with customers I love dealing with the public and would definitely like to work with the public more
Pros
Making sure everything is clean
Cons
Dealing with domestics
Shambles
TRAIN CLEANER (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 August 2018
Management you can never get hold of but there on the phone as soon as it suits them pay is low and very hardly ever right only good thing is the team working with good laugh
Pros
Team members
Cons
Low pay
empresa estavel
supervisora limpeza (Former Employee) –  uk14 August 2018
exemplar em todos os campos,bom ambiente de trb. motivo da minha mudança....mundança de pais
It's okay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  North West13 August 2018
When I started working for ISS i had different view of the company but as days went by my perspectives got maddle up. I wonder if it something to with agency work.
Pros
I get paid
Cons
no job Security, No appraisal, managers' accountability
Training and assistance provided daily
Data Centre Engineer (Current Employee) –  Northolt8 August 2018
I learn new things every week from training provided and from the people i work around.
Friendly professional atmosphere.
Good working environment.
Tools, ppe etc provided
Pros
Training, good shift pattern
ISS Facility Services are a good company to work for if you have children
Kitchen manager (Former Employee) –  Gants Hill8 August 2018
Open school kitchen, Switched on equipment, checked menus,prepared food, organized staff, served children,cleared up, checked orders for following day.

I was the manager, the atmosphere there was a welcoming one.
Everyone got on well.
The hardest part was working in the summer heat.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the children's happy faces.
Pros
Children
Cons
Summer heat
Poor management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire2 August 2018
If you are not friends with the managers don’t even think you’ll get anywhere in this company. A lot of management changes/ leaving causing the inexperienced and unfit for the role team leaders and supervisors to take the roles. Unorganised and last minute changes to schedules. Could go on and on.
Pros
Paid breaks, some of the colleagues, salary
Cons
Changing hours, inexperienced “managers”, poor workplace culture
productive
Gardener (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth1 August 2018
my typical day would have be strimming in the cemeteries around the portsmouth area i also learned how to drive a john deere lawn mower and the hardest part of the job would have been being on your feet all day
Pros
working outside
Productive work place
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London31 July 2018
A dedicated, dynamic and resourceful professional, who combines extensive experience of planning and delivering training, implementing project and developing teams and individuals across a number of varied organizations. A proven track record of providing effective solutions that exceed client expectations and meeting desired business objectives. Flexible and versatile with lots of energy and enthusiasm, a person who enjoys leading, managing and motivating personnel in diverse environments. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, builds robust relationships with clients, learners, and driven by continuous improvement and genuinely getting the best out of people.
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Lancashire18 July 2018
I took a job at I.S.S because it fit in with important family requirements and responsibilities .
The staff are very helpful and good training was given on the job.
The supervisor always makes sure that you are looked after and gives advice and assistance when needed.
The team are really friendly and good to work with.
All help each other to do complete jobs that are required within the job description.
The pay could be a little higher per hour but it fits in with a busy life style of caring for aged parents and other family responsibilities.
Pros
Good team to work for, very supportive
Cons
Pay could be a little higher
Some good, some bad.
Fabric/Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom17 July 2018
Good bits; formal training and certification available, private use of company vehicle, wages mostly accurate and paid on time.
Bad bits-there's a few.
very good
First Line Support (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey17 July 2018
ISS is very good company with profesional staffs. I thoroughly enjoyed as a first line support engineer. All the business done are very professional and well managed.
productive and fun workplace
Cleaner/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woking17 July 2018
In this workplace, I learned teamwork. I learned a few new words. I got acquainted with the principles of managing people.
The most difficult part of the work is team work. Because, every supervisor want make everybody happy.
The most enjoyable part of the job is make happy our customers.
Pros
The opportunity to learn, for example health & safety training
Cons
small payout

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ISS Facility Services. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K