Isle of Wight Council Employee Reviews

Outreach Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Newport22 April 2019
I absolutely love working here! If I didn’t have to move off the island I think I’d stay here forever. The management and staff are great and the rota makes working very enjoyable.
Fun workplace
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Laurels4 November 2018
Good place to work good benefits with the council. Very rewarding job + getting to know all the clients. Staff very friendly + make you feel part of a good team. Always loads of overtime +Good pay at Christmas + bank holidays. Would say to work for the council on the isle of Wight as always given support from senior member
Pros
Free meals on duty
Cons
Long days
Rewarding Experience
Social Care Officer (Former Employee) –  Isle of Wight29 October 2017
Learned:
Assessment.
Planning.
Intervention.
Review.
Writing up the my needs assessment and social care reports.
Mental capacity assessments.
Meetings with service users, their families and other health and social care professionals to get their needs appropriately for a safe discharge from hospital.
Discharge planning and best interests meetings.
Referral when appropriate for an advocate, or to another professional more suited to meet the needs of the service user during hospital stay or forward planning.
Never Again.., CUT backs and more cut backs
Civil Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  County Hall / Enterprise House4 May 2017
I first started working here as temp, I then got hired full time, in 3 years we had lost our, essential car allowance, double time for sundays, annual leave days cut, the list goes on.
When asked management they would never comment or say don't know. We was always last to know anything, this department was treated differently to all other departments.
Was glad to leave just before the 2nd lot of cut backs.
I Wouldn't recommend to work here, security is the big issue but mainly management. This place is
"not what you know its who you know" very clicky clicky place.
And if there is cut backs i can assure you best friends will stay and you will go ...
Pros
Days off / Free Mobile phone
Cons
No Support from Management, Un-organised Department Not enough Money for the hassle
Professional Workplace
Call Centre Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Isle of Wight21 September 2015
I regularly dealt with customers via phone calls and directed them to the relevant member of staff to deal with their enquiry.

Roles included; Taking Payments, Passing CRM's to relevant members of staff, booking appointments, completing E-forms and liaising with other members of staff to resolve customers enquiries.

I learnt many new skills when interacting with customers and improved my organisational skills, customer service and computer skills.
poor zero hours contract
Fitness Instructor / Gym Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Isle of Wight29 April 2015
Impossible to make a living on a zero hours contract!
Not sure when you are working from one day to the next, can be very stressful as a result
Pros
free access to facilities
Cons
zero hours!
What I learnt
Behaviour support (Former Employee) –  ENG1 March 2015
Working for the isle of wight council in a behavourial needs department was a good insight as to what goes on behind the scenes. I did enjoy my time with them as I learnt a range of techniques on how to defuse certain situations as they may occur.
I feel I conducted myself well at all times but also bringing a laid back approach to the work place.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Customer Adviser (Current Employee) –  ENG12 April 2014
Working for the Isle of wight council is a brilliant place to work, I enjoy working in the team enviroment and love working with customer. I have enjoyed learning new things everyday and will use them in my future.
Service recently undergone second re organisation in two years
Systemic Practitioner (Current Employee) –  ENG26 January 2014
I have had the opportunity to offer supportive intervention to children and families; I have assisted colleagues with managing change and identifying strengths and skills.
I have been able to make a positive contribution to the service and to my co-workers.
The most difficult aspect of the role has been the exclusion of a therapeutic role within the organisational system and lack of value to clinical expertise and experience.
The most enjoyable factor has been in the variety of work, the positive outcomes in family functioning and strength without the long term requirement for service supervision.
Pros
Located in close proximity to my place of residence
Cons
Restricted opportunities following post withdrawal
fun workplace
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  ENG11 January 2014
A typical day started with going through the days menu and starting to organise the staff to there duties for the day . I learned how to cope under stress. My fellow employees were of many different origins so it was nice to work with a mixed bunch of people.The most enjoyable part was being in front of house with guest chatting and having ba giggle with them to make them feel happy .
Pros
The people i worked with