Irwin Mitchell Employee Reviews

Terrible ethos and culture where people are scared to take action
Team Manager - Credit Control/Recoveries Team (Former Employee) –  Mitchell31 December 2018
Terrible ethos and culture where people are scared to take action due to the management culture of punish without reward and encouraging a divide and conquer mentality where all the staff are afraid to talk to each other as no one trusts their team mates
Dont bother with contact centre
Call taker (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire6 November 2018
Terrible, cliquey place to work. Managers micro manage and the place is full of backstabbing spiteful kids. This includes management. Very high staff turnover. Poor pay. Thankless work. Very limited progression.
Pros
They changed my hours when required
Challenging & Fun
eBusiness Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire27 June 2018
Has a fantastic years placement working at Irwin Mitchell, every day was a different challenge assisting the eBusiness team. Although it was a very professional environment, It was also a relaxed atmosphere and I had great fun both within work and at social events with my colleagues.
Temping
Legal Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mitchell10 May 2018
Temping as a legal receptionist for Irwin Mitchell's London Branch, covering the absence of a permanent legal receptionist.

The firm is very pleasant.
Ambiente de trabajo muy social, educado y respetuoso,
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, UK28 February 2018
El ambiente diario era muy respetuoso y social.
Aprendí la coordinación y gestión de distintos departamentos, el identificar problemas y resolverlos antes de que pasaran. Tenía un apoyo de mi jefe directo como total autoridad en imponer procedimientos de trabajo creado por mi, para mejorar la efectividad y productividad de mi equipo directo a manejar, el equipo de reservas y recepción.
Como Jefa de recepción lideraba un equipo de 6 recepcionistas junto con personal eventual.
interesting
Shadowing (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central23 October 2017
fun, easy going, good work life balance, company have an account with Carluccio's so lunch is always lovely. exciting and varied work, never boring. lovely staff, felt welcomed straight away.
Pros
lovely lunch
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex3 August 2017
A typical day at Irwin Mitchell was interesting and insightful, the management is well structured and work is carried out efficiently and passionately.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Can be monotonous
Fun workplace
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Manchester4 May 2016
The experience was good overall, I learned a lot about the different departments and different sections of law.
The workers were very patient with me and helped me with all my tasks and explained everything well
Pros
free lunches and paid for travel
Cons
A good team and good culture of a place to woirk
System Tester (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, ENG21 May 2015
A good organisation location was handy and the people make the place. good staff morale nice benefits and nice central location
Worse Place to Work
LITIGATION ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City Centre27 October 2015
shocking company to work for overloaded with work every day of every week. Large staff turnaround. Team Managers are Bullies and have no idea of Staff Management or care and main reason for staff leaving.
Pros
Cons
Everything about job
Interesting and lively workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG26 November 2013
I found the tasks I undertook whilst working here both interesting and enjoyable. I felt that I learnt more about working in a legal career and I found co-workers helpful.
Okay company good benefits, poor training scheme
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire18 September 2017
Recruitment poor, no proper training scheme in place. Takes too long to progress, poor communication between team leader and team members. Everyone starts at different times, no structure or understanding about what is going on.
Did Not Stay Long
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire12 April 2017
This job was now 10 years ago and I was only there for several months. I left because I was not happy there and the job and it's duties were not what I was initially sold upon.
good place to work
2nd Line Desktop Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham25 April 2016
great people to work with, great place to work, irwinmitchell has a great structure, great colleagues, would recommend to any one
Learned a lot
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mitchell, ENG11 October 2014
I Like this job, It is a shame that the pay is a bit low and travel expensive
Great work Place
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham25 August 2016
At Irwin Mitchell they had introduced me to the working environment in such a friendly manner. The work load they had given me was fairly reasonable and they had helped me evolve my skills
its good to work in this place
paralegal (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, ENG17 March 2015
I don’t really have a typical day as it will be driven mainly by particular issues that our clients have. If I could make it typical, it would be reviewing our client’s business flow to see if they have traded new products or markets, which would allow us to discuss it with them. If there were issues, then I would follow up with relevant teams to make sure they were resolved and then check that the client was happy. I would also organise visits to see our clients to review their business or deal with any queries that they had.
Pros
holiday packages, scholarship for higher professional studies
Cons
some time heavy workload which stuck you in the office for longer hours