Irwin Mitchell

Irwin Mitchell Employee Reviews

United Kingdom84 reviews
Great environment and Great people
I worked in the CCU in the Sheffield office for just over a year. I was the youngest worker there at the ripe age of 16. The environment for a call centre was great. the people and the work is what made me love it. You have support at every crossroad, a new interesting task every day and was just a fun place to be. Although it can be very stressful at times due to the high work volume, you are supported the entire way by the people around you and your management.

If you are interested in a position in this department, just know that it isn't easy and that you will be busy most of the time. But also that you will be engaged with the things you're doing and make life long friends.
good
great place to do work experience , good insight into company, great working environment and freindly employees. would recommend to anyone looking for similar experience.
Productive and relaxed workplace
Everyone is easy to talk to and allow you to get on with your workload. You work at your own pace and everyone is grateful of the end results. A job to apply for.
Rubbish
Get treat like rubbish, management hardly ever do anything, management have certain people that can do nothing all day and talk how and when they want but then piles 5 peoples work load on to one why they sit in there meetings for hours on end for there team building or what ever else they feed us but yey we sit there doing all there work that they get congratulated on afters?
Pros
There ok people to work with
Cons
The system in how they deal with everything and spoken down at, school yard level of gossip mainly from managment themselves which is not what you expect.
Big company that doesn’t care
This is clearly a business focused on profitability and not customer service. Only take on claims above a set value . Legal advice line run like a call centre
Good job culture, poor pay
There is a high emphasis on client care and there is good culture within IM, however the pay and high stress really brings down the company overall as it feels as though the client’s expectations come over and above of the employees, even if it is at the expence of the employees.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
High works loads causing stress
disgracefull management
no carer opportunities, low salaries and very racist if you are not of English heritage. They need to focus on paying fair salaries and promoting from within recognising talent.
Never felt so demeaned and discredited in my life
Whilst working here I felt singled out and looked down upon by most workers there, as if I didn’t bring enough to the business to be seen as an equal, and it seemed I was only spoken to out of obligation. I was never thanked or praised for the work I did. I felt self conscious and always criticised on the tiniest thing.My mental health issues weren’t taken seriously. They never acknowledge criticism and twist this to turn the blame on you. It seems the don’t care for their employees as they can be easily replaced. I asked for help multiple times and was never given it and yet again I was blamed.
Bullying is endemic
I was really excited to get a job at Irwin Mitchell. However, some of the solicitors were not prepared to talk to those in a non-legal role. My team treated me as a servant. I was made to feel I was not part of the team & communication was aggressive & confrontatonal. I learned this team was notorious for bullying & it was tolerated because they made money. I resigned, totally demoralised.
Terrible workplace , bullied down to the ground.
Bullying , sabotage, gossiping everything you could think of in a cliche office scene in a movie, it’s right here. Do not apply if you are disabled as they treat you like human trash! Your self worth is eroded for doing a job that quite frankly pays better at most other places for far less hassle. Managers couldn’t care less if you have any sort of grievance. AVOID.
Pros
Leaving I guess?
Cons
Everything and then some, particularly the management and other co- workers.
An Amazing place to work
I relocated to Lancashire. I loved my job at Irwin Mitchell and had I stayed in Newcastle I would have stayed working for them.
I started as a secretary and progressed into becoming the office manager. I then trained to become a Litigation Assistant.
Good Work Experience
Enjoyed my time working here whilst on work experience and it allowed me to gain a lot of valuable skills such as developed communication and effective ability to work in a team.
Good
As a work experience placement who was there to help and assist with the solicitors' work, it was a very pleasant experience. However I have no idea about pay as I wasn't paid.
Very busy, lots of nice people
progression is encouraged and overall and a very good company to work for.. good pension, medical and life cover. lots of outside working hours fun activities.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
Too much work to complete
Appalling
Management are awful and weak when it comes to their ‘anti bullying’ a colleague that had bullied two of her colleagues forcing one to leave by being given a payout because of being there just less than 2 years rather than deal with a formal grievance. High turnover of staff, poor pay and it’s all about targets
Pros
Good healthcare package
Cons
They don’t care about their staff, your just a number
Fun workplace
The environment was very fun and engaging to work in and also the people were very helpful. They taught me how to do in depth research and I'm very grateful for that. They also massively improved my communication skills.
Twilight filing clerk - I worked across various departments with various members of staff, filing correspondence in relation to a number of different cases.
Productive, fun and people driven
I've been at irwin mitchell in IT for a month on placement so far, my team have been brilliant and as well as work there is also constantly the option of social things outside of work, so far really good!
Pros
Working hours quite flexible, friendly and supportive culture
Great benefits
Good benefits package but low pay for the jobs you will be doing and the management don't really look after the staff, turnover is usually quite quick
Pros
critical illness benefit
Cons
low pay
Team Co-ordinator Role
Fast paced role in a challenging environment, heavy workload with a lot of responsibilities and little support.

The work of the team was rewarding for the fee earners, and it was interesting being part of that. The positives were that I learned a lot of management skills and furthered my administration skills also. It was challenging being managed remotely by someone based in the North who was not always available to speak to when needed.

Everyone was on high targets and that made them stressed and at times rude, Support were not treated with the respect they deserved and more work was piled on without any consideration as to whether the work could be completed within a reasonable time frame.

I enjoyed aspects of this role and learned some key skills that I can take with me, I loved most of my team but senior members and management within the team did not treat my admin staff or I with the basic manners or courtesy we deserved.
Pros
Work yoga, monthly fruit baskets, flexible working
Cons
Heavy workloads, lack of respect, rudeness from other staff, micro management
Poor management in contact unit
Poor communication from management, the wage is poor for the level of work you are expected to complete

I got the idea that a lot of other people felt the same, high staff turnover

It is a good place to gain some experience but I could not anticipate staying long-term
Pros
Good starting point
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Irwin Mitchell. Our community is ready to answer.