Irwin Mitchell LLP Employee Reviews

Terrible Workplace
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 June 2018
No career prospects, zero diversity, poor management, no work life balance, very poorly paid. I would not recommend anyone working here due to the reasons listed.
Not great
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire28 April 2018
The job it’s self is interesting .
Lots of changes day in and out .
Unless your perfect there never satisfied.
Mangers can be quite cruel at times.
Every one gets on performance plans to make mangers look good .
Pros
Free Juice and tea
Cons
To many calls
Generally Good
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, United Kingdom18 February 2018
I have enjoyed my time at Irwin Mitchell and have learnt a lot, the fee earner I worked with invested a lot of time in my development and has been supportive throughout, however the pay is horrendous and there is a lot of office politics which made me feel uncomfortable at times
Pros
friendly team, encourage development and career moves
Cons
technology in office horrendous, gossiping
Good Law Job for Graduates looking for a foothold
Legal Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire5 February 2018
Long hours but very interesting work. I currently advice on all areas of law over the phone.

Colleagues are really nice and helpful, and I have learnt a huge amount in quite a short time.
Pros
Good foothold into legal profession
Cons
Long Hours, Shift Patterns, Difficult Work, Essentially a call centre
Uptight and stuffy environment
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds And Bradford, Yorkshire16 December 2017
Apart from a few friendly faces, most people are very obnoxious and rude especially those in higher positions. I have seen staff members reduced to tears by the way they are talked to by mangers/partners etc. It is a very hostile and intense environment. From day one opinions will be made about you, and if you are not liked you will certainly become aware. Other staff can make you feel paranoid, with their office whispering and gossiping. Generally and uncomfortable environment to work in, everybody is on an ego trip and it is definitely everyone for themselves although you will be made to think otherwise.
Interesting & challenging...
Head of IT Service Delivery (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire21 September 2017
A good company with strong people leading facing a number of difficult challenges as the Legal sector begins the important but necessary digital journey.
Challenging
Interim Programme Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield City Centre, South Yorkshire22 August 2017
Everyday it seems someone is leaving IM and there must be a reason for it, in my short tenure I have seen a raft of change which will hopefully turn around the number of people leaving.
Pros
Free tea/coffee
Cons
Lack of resources
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire2 August 2017
Good work Life balance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking for new opportunities!!!!!!!!!!!'!!!!!!!

Thinking of relocating to London....need a pay rise
If your face fits !
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire20 May 2017
This is one of those places if your face fits you will get on but if not you need to move on.

Some departments are great so are the pits so its all or nothing. You must remember it is a partnership that has borrowed heavily to buy the T E partnership so money will be tight for a good few years & they also had to borrow a further amount in late 2016 as they had underestimated the cost of the merger, which to a degree sums they up in so far as they are great lawyers but rubbish business people. I am sure you will enjoy working there but will want to look elsewhere later.
Pros
good office to work in
Cons
lack of support
Professional and client focused
Senior IT Project and Programme Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, S Yorkshire, UK12 May 2017
I'd rather feedback in a different way than being required to do this in the way you have requested. Please can you contact me directly for any feedback.
Pros
Subsidised restaurant
Cons
Commute
Fantastic company
Assistant Systems Accountant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield18 November 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. There was a very friendly atmosphere and plenty of help and guidance was offered. I wish I could have stayed longer.
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG30 March 2015
Good place to work, not every day is the same. The management are supportive and help you progress but they expect you to put the hours in as well.
Energetic team
PA Irwin Mitchell's International PI team (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG9 October 2014
IM's International Personal Injury team . Shows a sensitive and professional approach at all times and provides good customer service to clients