Irving Energy

Irving Energy Employee Reviews

Family oriented with great work ethics.
I am treated as a valued and important part of the organization / company. Safety is the number one focus of the company from the Irving family throughout the organization. I am very happy to work here!
Fast-paced work environment with
Fast-paced work environment with tasks expected to be completed by day's end. My workload increased to the point of becoming unbearable and little assistance was given when I asked management for relief. Vacation is only granted during the summer months as employees are expected to work late on Mondays and on weekends during the winter as well as to cover for other employees on vacation during the summer. The cramped working conditions in the office made it very difficult to store and organize completed work as there was little time to properly label and store work due to the time restraints imposed by tight deadlines.
Pros
5% Conditional annual bonus, leave granted to take part in volunteer work, fitness credit and incentives
Cons
Long hours, expected to work overtime, limited vacation schedule, expected to come in on weekends to accommodate Christmas vacation
You Decide!
STAY AWAY. I can not tell you enough. Support of upper management, started GREAT but went bad after an injury that I received at home and was out for six weeks. (Had to get a physical for in order to return to work. and I got the bill to pay for it which was over 200.00) EXPECTATIONS were never set by DM after asking multiple times. The US branches, I'm confident are not run like Canada. If Arthur and Sarah Irving new how things truly were they would be VERY UPSET!!! The pay for the drivers is way below the market value when other companies start out at a minimum of 21.00 per hour and max 30.00. They also pay for you hazmat, DOT card and all training!! If you get let go, be prepared to fight for your unemployment. They will lie bold face and with confidence. Employees in general are great people. There are bad apples and management seems to listen to there (LIES ) and not the remainder of the group. Don't bother putting in extra time on your own to improve any of the environment "They won't notice and don't care". By the way I spent over a hundred dollars of my money and never re-reimbursed. Finally, if you read the job description of (Distribution Manager) that was my idea and I had the majority of this in place when I was let go.
Worst place ever
This was the worst job I’ve ever had. Awful, immature management who cares nothing about their employees. If you like your coworkers talking about you behind your back and acting like you’re in middle school, go ahead and work here. No training program and no job documentation at all. You’re on your own to figure it out.
Cons
Simple but highly physical and hard on the body
Management sucks and has does not look after their employees. The work is easy to understand but hard on the body with many small are even large injury often. The pay is at the low part compared to other companies in the same industry.
Good work experience
Had a great career with Irving currently Retired. Was given many opportunities to advance my career. The compensation plan was commission driven and very lucrative for high achievers.
A place to earn money. but not be with your family.
Irving pays good but management is questionable. They do not consider your family life at all. The equipment is good but there are a couple questionable trucks at each site.
Pros
They have a lot of work.
Cons
You must give up your life to work for them.
Was okay
The job was okay at one time with the old Manager, less fun with the last manager that never return my test email or phone call, my work record was clean and did a lot for them. Love to install propane équipements and help truck driver on fuel delivery.
Pros
Free lunch some time
Cons
Blue cross cover at 80% on all.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Irving Energy?
Very enjoyable place to work
Irving Energy is a enjoyable place to work, the atmosphere was pleasant and the pace was relaxed and manageable.Working with customers can sometimes be stressful, however my experience with the Irving customers was mostly pleasant with minimal customer complaint and all issues resolved quickly and to the satisfaction of both customer and company.
I found management and the fellow co- workers to be both supportive and willing to lend a hand when needed.

mandatory overtime was expected in the event of bad winter weather in order to assist customers and ensure the delivery team were able to make deliveries and return safely.
Pros
Relaxed and Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Sometimes late nights are expected
Good Benefits,Good Wages
A busy,fast paced environment that focused on customer needs and demand. The company is based out of Canada and offered great benefits and incentives. I enjoyed working there.
Conserative Co
Irving is a solid company at the time it had poor representation at the corporate level and poor communication but it's still a good organization. The company was just managing through some change.
Pros
structure
Great Opportunity
Irving Energy was a great place to work. I had a wonderful manager who always took the time to work with me and was always flexible about work/life balance. The Concord, NH office has a great team of managers and employees. If given the opportunity, I would absolutely work there again!
Pros
Friendly coworkers, interesting work
Cons
Unable to hire me as an employee!
Decent pay but highly stressful
Typical day at work is highly stressful, I learned a lot about home heating, propane and #2 fuel. Management wavered between helpful and unavailable. Workplace can be cliquish at times and bullying is common. Hardest part of the job is during autumn when service amps up. Most enjoyable part of the job is the benefits.
Pros
Plenty of paid time off, decent wages, benefits
Cons
workplace can be toxic and managers can be difficult
Enjoyed working at Irving
I truly enjoyed working at Irving Energy for 14 years. I learned so much about working in an office and dealing with all different kinds of people. I would come home feeling accomplished.
Pros
Friends, happy
Technician in S. Portland
Excellent opportunity to gain knowledge as a new technician. The management is very supportive and pay and benefits are good. I read the earlier technician's review, and I'd have to say that he/she is way off the mark. The service area is large, which gives me plenty of job security and an opportunity to experience a lot of different systems and people.
Pros
Job security, benefits, support
Cons
Fast pace - Remember to slow down and take it one job at a time
Job loss due to department consolidation
I worked in the Liquid Input department of Irving Energy for 5 years, and was responsible for posting all fuel deliveries, and balancing the bulk plants for the entire State of Maine. In addition, I billed customers for propane in new tank sets, and posted credit for propane in tank removals. The Winter months were exceptionally busy, with the Summer months being more relaxed. I learned a great deal about the day to day operations of a fuel company, and the federal regulations associated with the industry. I enjoyed my work, and was fortunate to work with an excellent group of co-workers. Unfortunately, Irving chose to move the Administrative function out of the Littleton office, and relocate it to the West Lebanon location, Due to this business decision, my job was eliminated.
Pros
Benefits included health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as, vacation, personal, and sick time
Cons
Lack of job security
Intense and Exciting
Excellent place to work and to grow as a safety professional. Long days but the complete backing of top management in regards to safety excellence.
Pros
Excellent pay and development
Cons
High manager turnover
ask
any questions please ask or look up information about the company
my experience was great and was treated very well.everyone is great to work with and are willing to help with any problems that you come across
Very difficult environment to work in. Stressful is an understatement.
Management is over worked. The company mantra is Do more with less, so the jobs just pile on and on with complete disregard for anyone's work life balance. It's very common for managers to work months at a time in the winter without a day off, take on call for 7 day stretches (24 hrs a day) and cover multiple management roles without any financial compensation. Upper management in Lebanon has no clue how to lead people, more interested in dictating and telling others to " take it to the next level" with zero direction or help on how to make it happen. It's not surprising that the manager turnover in Lebanon has gotten so high in the last year and a half which in turn trickles down to the hourly employees who suffer due to poor management.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
ZERO work life balance. You work like a dog!
A typical day at work
Fun work environment with supportive management and plenty of opportunity to grow and develop. For a large company, it is very family oriented and does a lot of donations within it's surrounding communities.
Pros
Hotel reservations during winter months for safety.
Cons
Mandatory overtime.
Fun place to work
great people loved working with my technicians. Hardest part was taking my first angry customer but the turn around felt great.
Pros
Benefits + people
Cons
New Management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Irving Energy. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9