Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

Found 93 reviews matching the search See all 1,965 reviews
Nice staff
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Leeds3 April 2019
It was a good place to work. All the staff I met were welcoming and friendly especially the receptionist. Most of my fellow colleagues were welcoming and friendly, the job itself was boring but the hours and the pay were decent.
Pros
Decent pay, mon-fri hrs
Cons
Long way for me to travel
Productive and fun
Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  Warrington11 February 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Iron Mountain. From day one the staff were very helpful and great to work with and i learned a whole new experience.

My day to day role was carrying out PPI requests from our clients. This had to be done productively and accurately. Other tasks included assisting in the warehouse by stock checking and disposing of old stationary equipment.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my colleagues. We had a great relationship and helped out each other when required. The hardest part of the job was when we had days when there was less work to do and the time seemed to drag.
benefits
Cons
fluctuation in volume of work and unpredictability of casual contract
The work is good, when you are told the correct instructions...
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chadderton9 February 2019
Everyone didn't know what they were doing from one day to the next. Instructions were changed daily, but was told you had misheard or misunderstood the instructions even though 4 of us had done the same instruction "wrong". Was treated as an object because we were temporary staff members and wasn't given eye contact for the first 2 months of the job. Permanent staff would look down on you and not try to get to know you. Very high turnover of temporary staff and it is completely understandable.
Lots of office politics and name-calling of other staff members. Lots of catty behaviour among permanent staff.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Rude staff, incorrect blaming, no communication
The worst workplace ever
Data Centre Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stone, Staffordshire30 January 2019
People with double-standards who only aim to cover their lack of skills by interpersonal relationship within the workplace. No chance to advance in such environment. Toxic atmosphere and lack of communication in between the shifts. Managprent calling themselfs professionals when acting like banch of kids at school wshispering behind everyones back. No respect for workers, discrimination from the manager who is showing her power by treating people like they don't mean anything. Double-faced supervisor and team leaders who are exchanging personnal information about employees with each other.
Pros
Cons
Everyday was a struggle
Review
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands13 December 2018
American led organisation slightly out of touch. Felt that there was no structure or clear direction in which to take the business at the time of my employment.
Typical warehouse.
Data Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, UK12 December 2018
Usual Warehouse work. Busy company, always overtime available.
Daily meetings which ultimately didn't acheive much.
Not a bad place to work, but ultimately like every warehouse in the country, no doubt.
Good employer
Area Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 October 2018
Very much enjoyed the role and the challenges presented in a high volume, fast paced environment. Each day would present different challenges. The best reward was in overcoming the challenges and obstacles to deliver business objectives.
sad
Data Centre Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stone, Staffordshire18 September 2018
Bunch of people with double-standards who only aim to cover their lack of skills by interpersonal relationship within the workplace. No chance to advance in such environment. Toxic atmosphere and lack of communication in between the shifts.
Pros
Cons
every single day
Productive and fun workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian7 September 2018
good work place to work that is situated close to where i live. Work colleagues are always to help if you require assistance. Staff have plenty of industry knowledge
Pros
working hours and location
Cons
limited progression opportunities
An interesting & educational place to work.
Senior Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham20 August 2018
A typical day at work could be quite busy, hectic even, as the sales team required us to provide contracts for new clients in a quick & efficient manner.
I learned a lot about people & how to prioritise work.
The management were supportive, especially when we had been notified of our redundancies. They always listened to what we had to say about the day to day running of the office, as we were at the sharp end of the operation.
There was a strong workplace culture, we were definitely encouraged to take pride in our work & to become part of a cohesive team.
The hardest part of the job was that Friday afternoons were the busiest part of the week, as the sales team wanted their contracts before close of business & quite often sent in requests at the last minute.

The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely working with some fantastic people, some of whom I am still in contact with.
Pros
The people.
Cons
The short time frames for completing contracts.
Diverse work enviroment
Data Centre Specialist (Former Employee) –  London16 August 2018
I worked in both the warehouse and with the projects team. During my time at the company I had access to a wide range of enviroments and tasks. The most difficult aspect was reviewing sensitive information and media for criminal cases, which could often be graphic. Management and team members were excellent.
productive workplace
Level 4 Driver Logistics Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London17 July 2018
-planing day for all drivers and myself
-everything is important even small
-helpful managers
-very friendly
-get access for servers
-meeting new people
Pros
good teamwork
Cons
n/a
workplace culture
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Wakefield3 June 2018
enjoyed my time at this workplace, team members helping each was a major factor in my enjoyment at this work place.

Hardest part of my role was you have to unload your wagon after each shift as a driver.
Pros
work colleague
Cons
unloading wagons after your shift
A stable business, profit driven above all
UK Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 May 2018
The business is stable so a great place if you want a job for life! but you will work for it, and often very long hours. This may be one of the most challenging places ive ever worked but the upside was career advancement hitherto unknown to me, excelling in credit control ended up with me as UK Billing Manager. When I stopped enjoying it I left, simple really! The people there are knowledgeable and patient, and overall it is a meritocracy, the standard battles exist between sales and the operation, as this is a very logistics driven business so contracts and customer service are paramount, but these are driven by both areas being very passionate about what their customers need and what we can deliver. Although by the end I really had had my fill of the place overall i really enjoyed it and benefited from it.
Pros
if youre good - youll advance, sometimes very quickly
Cons
very very lomg working hours and a poor work life balance
Ok workplace
Data Centre Specialist (Former Employee) –  London11 April 2018
Long hours, 3 breaks. The working environment is at the minimum and there should be more to accommodate the staff. Pay is decent but could always be improved. People in charge are ok.
Pros
3 breaks
Terrible work environment
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 April 2018
When I worked here I was told I didn't have a desk in London so needed to commute to Reading every day. Management was terrible with a culture of intimidation and mild bullying. Some good training programs but overall a bad place to work.
Pros
Cons
Almost everything
good relationship
DEPUTY SCANNING ASSISTANT / COLLECTION DRIVER (Former Employee) –  se119 March 2018
very good company to work for
yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesysyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesy
Pros
overtime
Cons
sometimes too busy
Beyond awful
Data Centre Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kent2 March 2018
The only place I have worked where management are only interested in health and safety when it immediately affects them! Or when it is too late! When a family member dies I am expected to bring in all kinds of proof! Had to cancel a days holiday so I could attend a family funeral!
Pros
No weekends or bank holidays
Cons
Acts of gross misconduct/crimimal offences ignored
Porter
Porter (Former Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside27 February 2018
Working for Iron Mountain was very physically straining including the lifting of heavy boxes for many hours of the day. The overall management of Iron Mountain was good and everything was on time when needed. Though the warehouse was large and workers were not the most, the general atmosphere was great, making me feel part of the team from day 1.

The hardest part from working at Iron mountain was the physical requirements to work such long hours of the day in such a large place moving heavy objects.

The best part from working at Iron mountain was knowing i can get into a routine easily and sticking to deadlines set.
Pros
Working as part of a large team
Cons
Contracts
admin
Data Analyst Specialest (Former Employee) –  East London, Greater London22 January 2018
i would do a lot of data checking the hard things is checking that everything is correct

also making sure that data was correct and the most enjoy part for the job was my college
Pros
people i worked for
Cons
the travelling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iron Mountain. Our community is ready to answer.