Iron Mountain
Coronavirus update
Information from Iron Mountain:

Iron Mountain Employee Reviews

United Kingdom140 reviews
Work at Iron Mountain is easy to learn quickly - you'll get plenty of practice because most of the work is so repetitive. This isn't a bad thing - there are many different work areas in which to gain experience.

You are mostly left to work solo so would benefit someone able to use their own initiative.

Salary and benefits, including regular bonus, are fair given the simple nature of the work. However, if your ambition is advancement within the company, you aren't likely to find it here. Positions further up the career chain are few, and management would rather hire outside to fill a position - if they decide to fill it at all. Training is minimal.

Management is a mixed experience, depending on the individual. There is emphasis on big-picture oversight - which is where managerial strengths seem to be. However there is a certain lack of attention to detail when it comes to the day-to-day running of the office. Feedback is slow and often ineffective - though this is common in most multinational organisations.

The people are some of the friendliest I have met and there is a strong sense of camaraderie. Charity and fun events are frequent and help foster friendships between their diverse workforce.

There is strong representation and celebration of minority groups - BAME, LGBTQA+ and neuro-atypical employees feel welcome and looked after.

If you're looking for a fairly paid, none-too-challenging office job, with friendly people, and a clearly delineated work-life balance, I certainly recommend Iron Mountain.
If you want to find a position with no work life balance and be bullied by senior management then Iron Mountain is the place for you.

Dig deep and they are not the company they say they are.

The company preaches they care....yeah right !
Staff mainly do not speak good English. Most staff are not over the age of thirty years of age,

Need to fit and well not injuries or illness, as work is very fast pased.

Some of the management are also agency staff and not on contract to Iron Mountain.

No lunch facility, but only a poor sub standard kitchen area with tables.
Decent place to work via an employment agency if you are looking for temporary ongoing work with flexibility. Based in the Birmingham area, easily accessible.
Repetitive warehouse work, filing and picking. Work had to be completed accurately but seemed to be a laissez-faire culture. Not much support from management
A complete lack of diversity and respect for employees.
The mantra of the company, is if you do not hit your target you will be sacked, therefore employees are constantly working in fear of their jobs.
Pros
Easy to travel to
Cons
Lack of diversity and support.
Treated shocking, got rid of me without telling me even though I’d worked all through the lock down. Management is absolutely terrible, don’t even want to know you.
I worked for 13 years and arrived new line manager changed everything as he does not like me., kick me out from work.HR doing nothing always listen to manager and manager side.
Worked there for years. Once you know a job that's it, you're stuck in that role. There is no way of moving up the ladder to get a position within the company. No team work or help. Glad to have left and now have a much better job regret being there so long.
Pros
Cons
No team work.
Dealing with official and legal paperwork often of a sensitive nature it is imperative that I am a trusted employee. Collection of this sensitive material from all types of businesses is dependant on having access to a companies most secure areas, again trust and confidentiality is a must have attribute. I display the required behaviours needed for any successful business. Excellent attendance, positive attitude, professional manner, team player and a desire to develop myself and others. I have a fantastic work ethos and an excellent attendance record in all employments I have ever been involved in.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Iron Mountain?
Money isn't that bad but very hard job loads of lifting climbing up and down and dusty . Not a job for weak person . Doesn't have variety of shifts . Permanency is not easy.
Busy office, company makes sure every employee follows health and safety rules,got lot of new things to learn.Very supportive team, nice to working in the company
Management not friendly, never spoke, or followed enquiries through when asked, felt like an outsider. Could not move about building without a pass, which I was never given.
The company is undergoing a huge change with reduction in the work force, would not be an ideal time to begin a career there. Major changes to not only the UKI but throughout W.E. also.
Pros
the possibility to work from home
Cons
Redundancy
very productive place of work and very helpful and informative staff. Management were always engaging and helpful but looking to further a career but would stay otherwise
I always found that flexible working was always on the table for me in my role, although that is not always the case in other roles. The Company could be accommodating where possible.
okay decent work place managers are very biased i would recommend any one to work their if the do have the desire to do the job i would not put it past them
Pros
team dinners
Cons
biased managers
Poor Management, was put to work in a windowless, freezing cold warehouse in winter in East Ham (London), had to pick between 100/1000 medical files which had to be delivered to a hospital.
Work colleague had a mental breakdown 1 day in the office and was sent home, our manager had no prior experience of dealing with people with mental health problems.

I no longer work there.
awful place to work. staff not paid fairly, not a lot of work done by management. favourtisim with certain individuals which result in higher pay for doing less work
Iron Mountain was a great business when I started. In recent years it has lost direction and not been a good work environment. Management have made many changes and some not great in the past 5 years.
Fantastic and really enjoyed working there, really great place to work, I would recommend this place to anyone, and would love to get a job here again really enjoyed every minute of it
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Iron Mountain. Our community is ready to answer.