Investec Employee Reviews

An exciting place to work
KYC Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 February 2017
Great place to work, friendly colleagues, always ready to point you in the right direction always.
A typical day is full of new and exciting challenges.
I learnt a lot about the norms of the job and especially the importance of paying full attention to details.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Nothing bad about the place
A refreshing absence of bureaucracy
head of insurance research (Former Employee) –  London6 July 2016
A refreshing absence of bureaucracy but frustratingly the bank does work in silos with no co-operation between businesses. This holds back business growth & stifles new ideas. It is run more like a private partnership than a publicly quoted company.
Pros
A better than average canteen
Cons
Immune to new ideas
educational
principal markets (Former Employee) –  Liverpool16 May 2016
During my last year of IGCSE's I had to complete a week of work experience, I managed to talk my way into getting a place at Investec in Liverpool. Investec is an international specialist banking and asset management group, that provides a range of financial products and services to a client base in three principal markets; the United Kingdom, South Africa and Australia. My week entailed working in the mail room with a group of four individuals, although I wasn't allowed to take part in any banking experience, I made the most of the opportunity by working efficiently and effectively. I really enjoyed the experience and learned some useful skills. They were extremely pleased with my efforts and I received a glowing report.
Pros
Very beneficial and educational
Cons
confusing at times