Investec

Investec Employee Reviews

United Kingdom36 reviews
Great place to work if you like to manage your own day and can handle working with ambiguity. Great people and interesting work. Always something new, very fast paced. Would recommend.
I received great hospitality and felt welcome during my internship with Investec. I was very interesting and enabled me to step into the world of financial services through guidance from industry-leading professionals.
Very social
Fair amount of opportunities

Work life balance

Friendly people

Diverse culture

Pay could be better

More cultural diverse holidays could be celebrated.
Investec has 3 days for insight, and I learned many things about investment management knowledge and learned how to exchange ideas in a good way for people from various backgrounds.
Investec Asset Management is a faced paced environment to work in. Managers and employees can be very direct with extremely high expectations, so you must be thick skinned as it is unlikely that you will be thanked for your efforts but this is not personal.
Average workplace. Good benefits. Very long hours.
Its a good place to work, the people are great and the management is supportive. They focus a lot on the culture. The work can be difficult and demanding at times but generally its manageable.
Pros
the people
Cons
Investec is a great place to work. There is a friendly, collaborative culture where you are free to innovate, create and build solutions. Like all large organisations, there are often deadlines to be met - but with a heavy team culture, people are rarely on their own to deliver.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Like all companies they have their limitations but the core mindset is fantastic and allows the company to slowly react to any issues. Have made some fantastic friends there and improved my life as a whole due to my time here.
A very good environment to work . All colleagues treat you with respect. Very supportive in career progression. Great social and outside work engagement
Pros
Great working atmosphere
Cons
nothing negative
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Investec?
My experience at Investec PLC was exceptional. I enjoyed going to work. The workplace culture is quite relaxed and far from traditional, but maintains professionalism.
Excellent work/life balance and work culture. Sadly, there's no much room for career and advancement. You can be stuck in the same role. There's a feel of discrimination.
Pros
Free coffees, cheap canteen, super clean office
Cons
Favoritism towards people coming from South Africa.
I enjoyed my time wit IAM. It was a fun place to work and the management were extremely good. there was good opportunities for advancement and the work culture was modern.
A typical day at work includes KYC/AML practices. My experience furthered my knowledge regarding CTF,KYC,AML and ABC laws and regulations. Overall, my previous role pushed me to become a better employee.
Pros
Heavy partying culture
Cons
Limited recognition
IW&I is the best employer I've worked for in the 4 years I've been in the UK (3 different companies). They have a strong family-like culture, they greatly respect work-life balance and offer a good compensation, bonus and rewards package.
There are multiple opportunities to learn and develop and management is giving their best to support every employee.
Pros
Culture, salary, work-life balance
Cons
Lack of clarity about career progression
The world's largest building society, run for the benefit of its members. Helping you with your current account, mortgage, savings and other personal finance
Learnt all aspects of Financial Research from all asset classes to reporting on financial statements for all aspects of Investments for domestic and international clients.
This experience taught me patience as well as excellent and effective communication skills.Its a great enviroment to thrive in and an overall amazing place to work.
Pros
great people
Cons
bad location
Great culture to work within, fast paced environment but a huge feeling of team support. Company rewards employees very well both with remuneration and team building days and events.
Pros
Fun, good remuneration and employee benefits
Cons
It's a good company but not much growth potential in the current role. There isn't very much culture, people tend to keep to themselves. The hours are good - 9-5, however there is often more work to do so later evenings.
Mostly enjoyable but lack of strict adherence to deadlines is frustrating esp during budgets. Very little processes and procedures which makes the business flexible but not ideal working in finance
Pros
Nice people, good work life balance
Cons
Awful budget process, lack of rigid deadlines and processes