intu Properties Employee Reviews

Good pay. But that is it.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Metrocentre1 December 2019
You are treated like a robot. Forget thinking for yourself, that is frowned upon.
The metrocentre is top heavy. To many managers who all have their own opinions or agendas, own will not listen to the staff that actually do the job.
The team on the ground is a good bunch, with the exception of one or two.
Moral is currently though the floor with 90% of the staff with looking or wishing they had a different job.
Do your own mental health a favour, pass over this job untill the management is restructured. The current lot are hope less.
poor work place, and management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Metrocentre, Tyne and Wear8 October 2019
The only room for progression is when someone leaves and you can step into their shoes.
New rosta system fails to utilize staff numbers efficiently and you get one day off some weeks, it isolates you from the rest of your team and family. working mostly 8 hour shifts earlies and lates with some 10 hour late shifts on weekends. during this time you are expected to be on your feet most of the shift.
Favoritism runs rampant, those who are "liked" by some of the high ups think they are invincible and act well above their own pay grade and this causes a hostile enviroment to work in, and for a job the requires teamwork, it is extremly detrimental to moral.
You are often treated like a child, with no room to think for yourself, everything you do is listed on how you should do and act to things and in an ideal world it would work like that. In practice, there is so many elements that can not be predicted.
Dont work hear !!!
Evironmental services (Former Employee) –  Merry Hill, West Midlands20 September 2019
I worked with the company for over a year , to begin with it was decent the staff was so nice , but later on you realise the changes , the team leaders/management are 2 faced if you have a problem they won’t sort it out and they won’t report it back to the head guy , when you say somthing they don’t like they threaten to sack you ...they try to force respect out of you ....in your interview they tell you what you want to hear but when you start they don’t help you they laugh and talk trash in the team leaders office and not even speak to you about it on a serious note they do treat there staff so bad, and the staff ain’t much better they are so toxic and bitter don’t waste your time with this job
Friendly Head Office
Head Office role (Former Employee) –  London5 August 2019
I liked this company Head Office for its friendly people who were active in fundraising and other activities outside the day job. Would recommend as a great place to work.
Fab company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Metrocentre, Tyne and Wear30 July 2019
New managment and new Rota means new exciting times ahead.a job to keep you physically active and mentally active. Lots of room to progress.many more years for me here I hope
Shockingly bad company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Metrocentre, Tyne and Wear29 July 2019
You're hired as security to deter and detain any criminals however when any security incident happens and you deal with it you end up being reprimanded. Management have no idea what the floor staff put up with and reject any ideas that would make your job role more effective. Like a previous review advised if it's not written down it didn't happen.
Pros
Wages, indoors
Cons
Management decision making
Its getting worse.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Metrocentre, Tyne and Wear26 July 2019
Managers. They constantly lie to you about everything. And when questioned all knowledge of what they has said is denied or "we've misunderstood" so ifs it not written down it never happened in their eyes.
Acting team leaders telling staff he's in the middle, and the floor staff are the lowest of the low.
Shift patterns are the worst I've ever seen, and the newest one one wants, and everyone is looking for new work. There is no work/life balance.
The role of a security officer is to be able to think and act on your feet but when you do that and reach an amicable conclusion you get a meeting of concern.
There is no progression in this company unless you face fits.
The term rules for one rules for another applies well at the metrocentre.
Do not apply for this job unless you have no life, and no family to interfere with work.
Poo management
Retial security officer (relief) (Former Employee) –  Sour braehead Glasgow21 June 2019
Lasted 2 days as they say my disclosure was out of date.
News flash it last for the full three years untill you renew your license again.
Pathetic management
They say they tried to fone but didn't also get your name wrong.
Stay away from this moron of a company. On a low wage bracket.
No uniform given provide tour own tie
Got told its long sleeve shirts not short
Jacket was given but disgusting
Radio was also given but no ear piece
So if you miss a call you get blame
Pros
Cons
Long hours on feet unpaid breaks
Supply Chain Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London17 June 2018
I have an amazing time working for this company, gaingreat expwrience and made a lot of friends. I am proud to be their employee however now I am looking for a new experience
Pros
Central London
Productive & Fun
Credit Controller (Current Employee) –  London24 May 2018
Customer service skills.
Good Communication on all levels.
Team player and can work on my own initiative.
Able to meet deadlines set out
Hard working.
Pros
Nice team, bubbly
Cons
n/a
Company Culture
Security/customer/travel Officer (Current Employee) –  Gateshead2 October 2017
I have been working this company for than 10 years and i found that this company has a culture that any member of staff would feel welcome and fully integrated.

As for me now it is time for new challenge and a new career.

I have learnt most skills about my role and other areas that I worked before.
My contribution for this company has been accomplished.
Intu Properties
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  London3 May 2016
Great company to work for. Fabulous Location and very friendly staff.
Since I have worked here I have enjoyed my time. The company looks after the staff and the working environment is pleasant.
Pros
Location, Company Benefits, Bonus