Interstate Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

The Worst
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hampshire3 October 2019
If you like to be bullied, enjoy working in a dirty workplace, relish bad management and participate in low staff moral, then working at Holiday Inn is just perfect.
Hampton by Hilton
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham17 August 2019
Lovely staff, lovely hotel, disgusting management and treatment... have no idea what they’re doing or how to run a hotel, and very little respect for staff
Night porter joke
Night Porter (Former Employee) –  Portrush14 August 2019
The job of a porter in these hotels are just shocking, with such lack of respect for night porters along with complete disregard to thier safety all together. I regret working for this company as the management are bullies and show no respect for their staff. All just for show.
ok if you can be part of the clique
F +B (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear31 July 2019
Quite a nasty place to work unless you are part of the "clique" expect to be bullied and harassed by incompetent members of staff. Deffo a place if your face dont fit you wont fit! dont bother!
Ex Executive Chef
Exec Chef (Former Employee) –  Sussex24 July 2019
Run by bullies, what a joke . Over worked and under paid, no over time paid, always working 90+ per week , high turn over of staff . Aggressive managers
Pros
Cons
Overworked no overtime 90+ hours a week
Poor Management
Wedding and Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire11 July 2019
When I came into the job I had applied for 2 people in an office of 4 were just leaving after handing their notice in. Within a month a 3rd member also handed her notice in due to an unbearable work load with no help from the new manager who was never anywhere to be seen, we didn't know where he was from one minute to the next. Her work load often meant she would stay at least a couple of hours late a few nights a week, unpaid to catch up, she was worried if she didn’t get everything done she would be in trouble as she had been in the past.

My experience basically consisted of a glowing 2 month review and then without a single shred of warning, 3 weeks later I was taken for my final review and told I was being let go. I was in complete shock as no issues had been raised with me. The supposed issues weren’t even discussed with me on the day I was let go, I was just escorted out of the building like a criminal. I later received my dismissal in writing, the reasons for dismissal had either been completely taken out of context, made out to be much worse than they were or were complete lies. I scheduled a meeting with the general manager to try and appeal the decision, I couldn’t believe no protocol had been followed. The general manager seemed to have no idea what was going on despite the fact the decision to let me go would have gone through him. I asked direct questions that received bumbling answers where he basically went round the houses and wouldn’t answer my questions. Eventually we called it a day as I could see I was getting nowhere. I have my own suspicions as to why
  more... I was let go, I think they wanted to change the job role so that my position also covered the other two positions in the office. Crazy when the staff in there were already stretched to breaking point.

As far as I know neither the general manager, the office manager who ‘let me go’ or in fact any of the staff who worked in the office when I left, still work there. Staff turnover is crazy, before working here I couldn’t imagine any company being this badly managed or this corrupt. Stay clear if you respect your mental health.
Pros
None.
Cons
Culture of working through lunch, poor management
terrible place to work avoid
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear10 June 2019
housekeeping management a joke, fast staff turnover no-one stay because of management
taken over by hotel care so things will get worse

AVOID AVOID
Cons
nothing good about the place, meals on duty are resturant leftovers
Back stabbing culture, gossip, unprofessional
Lesuire /Spa (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear6 June 2019
Expected to work long hours without getting paid.
Lack of training .
Manager unprofessional, backstabbing as well as the HR staff who should support you but they don’t.
Manager clueless about the job and patronising, unprofessional and bully and does not let you use employee benefits .
Always books first holidays so staff can’t take time off.

The worst ever place I ever worked ,
It’s a shame that the hotel is so nice and management so horrible.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Good but not great
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Stansted Airport15 May 2019
I worked as kp kitchen porter the job was good but I left after 2 weeks due to the staff being lazy always on there phones and the management not noing what a management job is walk about doing nothing harassment came to my attention but good hotel just not a place of work nooooo
Pros
Free water
Cons
Not noing what there jobs are
Bad management
GSA (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire29 April 2019
Rota always late, never knew what you was working till last minute
Rota changed without asking you first.
Poor organisation , which lead to utter chaos
Very poor upper management .
Upper managerment rude and disrespectfull to staff members.
Lack of praise from management,when worked hard.
Lack of staff members to cover work.
No benefits
Pros
Nice building
No training & misleading
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Head office18 April 2019
Worked in head office, very unimpressed by management. Didn’t feel welcome and constantly walking on egg shells. Advised during interview stages 12 weeks of training would be provided only got 2 then got moaned to when mistakes were made?? Didn’t enjoy the culture, felt very lonely and like an outsider. Expected to do a lot which wasn’t part of my role - when asked for help didn’t get anything back. Made to feel stupid and worthless if I was struggling. Barely managed to take my full lunch break, had to work during it. Couldn’t work here for long due to ill health caused by stress.
Pros
Office in a convenient location
Cons
Not a nice environment/ culture
Avoid if you respect yourself and others
Food and beverage (Former Employee) –  Durham5 November 2018
When I was interviewed for hotel indigo I was told they treat you like 'family'. All I can say is if this is family, I want to be adopted. The place is ran by ignorant management who have lost sight of the importance of looking after their staff and they have zero respect for their wellbeing. Its all about the money and prestige and not about being a team.
The building is victorian and so are the present employers values and ethics.
They do not care about staff and the hotel is ran with an overwhelming feeling that you are absolutely disposable if you do not conform. It made me ill and anyone working there would tell you the same if you asked them. I am angry admittedly but am very much speaking the truth.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Lack of support/training
Holiday Inn, Stevenage
Holiday Inn, Stevenage (Former Employee) –  Holiday Inn , Stevenage3 November 2018
This company doesn't appreciate hard work and committed individuals but prefers a negative working environment resulting in high turnover. Discrimination and giving the staff no recognition at all for work well done.Not a nice place to work at all .Very bad management staff.
Pros
Not relevant for review.
Cons
Not relevant for review.
Needs All New Management
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  North East3 November 2018
A typical day at work was running around mostly by yourself while managers were no where to be seen or being none productive. There's no work life balance due to staff shortage as managers refuse to pay more staff, even when seriously needed, so you are always getting called in on days off then getting shouted at if you say you can not come in while managers refuse to come in and cover any shifts on their days off.
The staff members are the reason for the two star review as the other members of staff were the only reason I stayed working for this company as long as I did.
Pros
Staff Members
Cons
Managers. Overworked with no appreciation.
guest satisfaction
Hotel Indigo Durham - Food and Beverage Assistant (Current Employee) –  durham1 November 2018
The reason I enjoy working with this company is because of the opportunities to engage with guests and ensuring they are satisfied on a daily basis, making them happy is my top priority.
Not ok !!
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  East Grinstead, West Sussex30 October 2018
They dont appreciate your work !! And if you need something holiday ... etc .. they gone say NO for everything !!! Just left from there !! They pay minimum wage even if you ar a hard worker !!
Site level management needs improvement
Food and beverage manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom29 October 2018
From my experience, the hotel staff are brilliant. But the General managers and cluster general managers need much improvement. They are all very clicky. They back eachother, even when they are in the wrong. And thwy even work against the company policies.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Poor management
Let down
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire30 July 2018
Not willing to pay or give holidays due to constant staff shortage. Promissed job back and refused for uknown reasons. Felt like i have been played with.
Pros
Cons
Long list.
No day is the same
Accounts Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury10 April 2018
I've learnt a lot over past 5 years during my time at Holiday Inn.
Meeting new people everyday from all over the world and has been rewarding and tackling daily challenges has become a great satisfaction.
The management team are strong and often require you to work long hours and work in different departments.
The hardest part of the job would be adjusting to different peoples work styles and time management.
Pros
Free Lunches, and Uniform
Cons
Staff tunrover
Back stabbers!
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear6 April 2018
Was involved in a serious accident, had a six week sick note, went back after two weeks as i was desperate to keep my job and they sacked me for being unreliable!!!! No leg to stand on as i was still on my 'trial' period, they have favourites who do nothing but are highly thought of, dont expect to stay long if your face doesnt fit!
Pros
None!
Cons
To many to mention!