Interserve Employee Reviews

Efficient
Cleaning Operative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon23 May 2019
Every day's the same, which is fine.
I've learnt how to handle chemicals and cleaning tools and keeping workplaces clean.
Management is fine.
Culture is what you'd expect/average.
There's no hard part of the job (looking for a challenge)
The most enjoyable part of the job is the communication.
Cons
Saturday working
Don't expect to be paid correctly.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Everywhere16 May 2019
I worked here for 10 years and my pay was never right, I've been left a few months and still fighting for wages they owe. They make you go site to site for no extra pay and your expected to use your own vechile. Wouldn't pay for wear and tear or exsesive miles. Deodnding on site other workers are pleasure to work with. Managers promise progression but you don't get it they don't care about you.
Pros
None.
Cons
To many hours, exsesive work for little pay.
Terrible management
Facilities advisor (Former Employee) –  Buxton, Derbyshire11 May 2019
Worked for interserve for 4+ years. Started of great until the high level management bullied out the lower level management in order to recruit more high level bullies.
Low level colleagues are just that. Nothing more nothing less, don't expect to climb a career ladder, your days are numbered when they decide they fancy a fresh face. Once this decision is made they will bully you out.
If you have a pretty face and the Head of department is male then you are onto a winner, just look the right way and wink a bit and hey presto you will get a promotion. A promotion to a position that never existed and is not open to any other colleague to apply.
When the high level bullies get fed up of the lower level bullies they will bully them out to.
Redundancy will happen and they will re recruit your role just with a slightly different job title. Pay is naff, work life balance is naff and culture and values are naff.
Good luck if you apply and succeed, I'll see you on the other side one day :)
Cons
Profesional MAN AT WORK no mess about. Like to work that way.
360Excavator operator (Former Employee) –  Motorway M5/J610 May 2019
While worked there I become to point where I understand that I come to work at Interserve through the wrong door, and have signed that devils contract with an agency.
As a new PLC company, I do not know jet have to open other doors, who would allow me to demonstrate my confidence, knowledge an ability of workload I can take. I had more to offer but there is no need for that, cause system is well set for years and working smoothly for them, they needed only 360 excavator operator, who more likely will be required to spend around 2 years working through an agency to gain possibility of any growth, pay raise, more realistic contract, or overtime hours simply any kind of shortcut pass devils contract to both sides.
One thing for sure you will be positively motivated to gain your ability skills tickets, knowledge and I'm sure that you will be given a chance to use that all in practice, whats great I do not mind, I like that,
But I don't think that anyone will be really happy to do things who not included in your contract agreement with an agency, or not covered by your insurance policy.
As more likely your insurance will be based on the jobs agreed in your contract agreement.
Just won't add, that it is a great chance to become at this conclusion on most of the construction companies, that's only from my point of view.
The only reason why I'm writing is that while I was working there I really felt that I belong with the team working on this improvement project.
Cons
standart haurs
Supervisor works with her husband total joke Area supervisor hasn't a clue about her job
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Carlisle8 May 2019
Supervisor and husband work for 2 hours then have 1 and half hour break watching jeremy kyle on TV they go back onto floor to buff floor for half hour then go back outside for a smoke they rely on their afternoon staff to do all the work they walk around the store shopping and this is everytime they r in work.It's ok to use red mops anywhere as often run out of blue ones clueless about health and safety
Pros
People that work for debenhams
Cons
Supervisor and area supervisor
Would work here again.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Exeter1 May 2019
I quit due to financial circumstances but if this wasn't a problem I would still be here for sure. Amazing management and so so so supportive, you have great job security and very decent pay.
Pros
Lunch on duty, supportive management, good pay.
Cons
Nothing I can think of
Avoid
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  West Sussex26 April 2019
You will be asked to work more hours for NO overtime pay, you will be paid 2 weeks in hand (2 weeks into February, you will be paid for January's hours) you will have to fight for paper wage slips, you will have to beg over and over again for stock, you will be blamed when stock doesn't arrive, your stock will be stolen from your stock cupboard, you will be told your holidays have been confirmed but will receive complaints from the manager when you return as they won't have arranged cover (ALWAYS keep a copy of your interactions) you will be made to wear a polyester uniform in a non air conditioned environment with no opening windows, you will be bullied by the managers friends and no action will be taken and you will be told to hurry up by security guards. If you've been informed you now work for Interserve, you will NOT be paid correctly for a minimum of three months, AVOID at all costs if you value your mental health.
Pros
Cons
The Entire job
Trainer Assessor (Current Employee) –  North West24 April 2019
Currently work as a Trainer/Assessor across the childcare sector. Good work life balance. Lots of training if you want to progress with your career. Also lots of career opportunities. Responsive and caring managers and regional managers. A lot of changes going on at the moment but all positive
Pros
Flexible working. Manage own diary
Cons
Lots of changes
Very Poor
lots of bullying and harassment in the workplace (Current Employee) –  Newport21 April 2019
This company does not care about it,s staff. well the part of the company i'm working for anyway i can,t speak for the one,s ruining B&Q ,but . lets just say this one is not the best. As for the supervisor? if you can call her that. she keeps bullying the staff and has no respect for her Elders..
And only gives overtime to those who obey which i fine very unprofessional and downright rude.
Pros
not many
Cons
ALL.....you can, t trust any of them
Avoid at all costs.
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham16 April 2019
No support within care packages or when personal life knocks you down. I wasnt allowed any leave after loosing a very close family member. I ended up on the sick and then when i came back to work a verbal warning about my sickness.....REALLY........

For a so called care company they offer so little support and are not interested aslong as those shifts get covered. There is little interest for the service user and even less with staff. Theres a definate feel that when the chips are down your on your own, unless your face fits.

Worked with the company being advantage care before being taken over by interserve. Although they have rebranded again. No packages and staff constantly fighting for shifts and way to much bickering going on from both team and office staff. Office staff leave the packages to the staff in each package. No communication or confidencality what so ever. Honestly im glad im out of there. 7 years of way too many hours and overtime. What do you get for that dedication and loyalty? Not so much as a goodbye, never mind any thanks or anything. Yet im still getting bloody news letters etc! 🤔🤔🤔

They will promise you as many hours as you want, but they have very few packages now after having a 6month ban from taking any new packages on. This was a result of not being able to provide enough staff to cover rotas. Which in turn made it a safe guarding issue! Dont go through interview with rose tinted glasses because when you take them off again you will be left very disappointed. The grass isnt alway greener springs to mind.

If you like your life to be
  more... made a complete disaster this the place for you. Otherwise i suggest to start running like theres a zombie appocalipse after you........ no jokes!  less
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
See above- Avoid for the sack of your physical, emotional and mental health.
terrible
Cleaning Operative nights (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 April 2019
worked here for a couple of week got sacked for being ill with food poisoning

management is awful

the job is easy the staff are friendly but the supervisers are god awful constantly ride your back even for none work related stuff definitely wont be going back
Pros
free coffee staff are friendly
Cons
supervisers
good
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Newport, Newport gwent16 April 2019
good firm to work for but always had problems with my wages can be on the go all the time but that breaks the day up and before you know it the shift is over.supervisor is fab great to work with as well as everyone else.but got to watch what you say to the staff
Pros
Cons
always on the go
Interserve
Service delivery oprative (Former Employee) –  South East15 April 2019
The job changed when I transfered from Amaryllis and 80% of the work I did was outsourced, which made it very difficult to carry on working for them. They offered me redundancy as the job I was doing did not exist any more, So i excepted.
Never again!
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth10 April 2019
I had the misfortune of working for this company twice - in two different places at two different times.

Both occasions were not positive, although first time around was marginally better than the second.

A lot of unnecessary gossiping amongst staff, being expected to work all hours & often at short notice. Several times I wasn't paid correctly, & management would find any excuse to have a dig.
Pros
Cons
Not being paid properly. Gossiping. Management clueless.
Relaxed working atmosphere
MT Driver (Current Employee) –  Hampshire9 April 2019
The job is structured for people that are ex service personnel that have a health pension and only want a second income from a job to fill in their time,
The job is no good if you are dependant on it as a main income the wages are simple to low.
Pros
the work is not hard
Cons
wages are very bad
Not a good company to work for
Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coventry6 April 2019
Management ignorant chef manager and his son complete idiots power mad wouldn’t listen to you they were right and you were wrong no matter what i worked there for ten years 9/+years with BaxterStorey they were good years then interserve took over and it was downhill all the way couldn’t wait to get out
Cons
Terrible company to work for
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Preston25 March 2019
The hours were good, and the sites you were given were really friendly and treated you part of the team. Interserve on the other hand, treated you as a commodity. Rarely a month I was paid correct, over a 12 month period I think I had 2 months where my wages were correct, area managers were clueless and blamed line managers for faults, line managers would blame area managers or someone else.
Pros
Sites were friendly
Cons
Wages, managers.
Corrupt management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sussex19 March 2019
Totally corrupt managers cover everything up to save them selves machines never serviced poor pay for what they require you to do wouldn't recommend anybody who cares works for them
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Maintenance supervisor
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Northamptonshire18 March 2019
I worked for Interserve for around 10 month's I was TUPE from the MOD, the stress of this job helped bring on a hip infection I was in hospital fighting for my life, my manager complained to my colleagues that I would never answer my phone during my time in hospital, as he was trying to contact my about my redundancy.
I was made redundant just after my return home from hospital, I was not aware that I was redundant for six weeks as I was still recovering from my infection at home and the money just turned up in my bank, when recovery I went to collect my tools and belongings from my office to find my colleagues had stolen them.
Pros
Can't think of anything
Cons
The bloody lot of the management are so inept its beyond belief .
Nmuk and interserve
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nmuk9 March 2019
Pay not good work hours terrible ,management leave everything to supervisors to sort out health and safety only goes as far as ppe and nothing else unless a claim is made never see managers and get no response from them when asked anything other than look into it make a call raise the issue then six month later still exactly the same .
Scared to do anything that upsets client this includes health and safety and client walk all over them .
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interserve. Our community is ready to answer.