Interserve Employee Reviews

hard place work
M&E Supervisor Duties (Former Employee) –  Brandon6 January 2018
hard company to work for took over contract not understanding what the client required and would not listen to work force who had dealt with client for many years
Pros
transport for standby
Cons
very long hours
excellent place to work
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Devon3 January 2018
excellent place to work they are able to cater for hours to suit your needs and always able to get hold of a area manager if you need to speak to them
enjoyable work environment
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield3 January 2018
During my time at Interserve i gained lots of many advanced cleaning skills. I also felt really comfortable at the workplace and i really liked the way i was treated with a lot of respect by my colleagues. The manager was really clear and straight forward with that he wanted done during my time at Interserve.
Worst company
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh2 January 2018
Worked for them over a year and hated every minute
When it came to leaving I handed my notice and was made to wait over 6 months to receive my p45 even though I contacted line managers and HR to get it resolved.
No sick pay
Months notice for holidays which don't get accepted most of the time
Pros
Cons
No sick pay, don't get your holidays when you ask, poor management
good contract agency employment
Skilled labourer (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire29 December 2017
Typical day at work would be arrived at work and reporting to the construction manager for job duties to be completed that day.
Bathroom facility equipment being installed inside the school, being the site that was worked on.
Putting up temporary doors, fixing plaster, adjusting scaffolding

Great management, well run construction site.

Good workplace culture and environment

Long hours and finding continuous work

Being involved with many trades.
fun workplace
cleaner (Former Employee) –  pinewood studios (iver)27 December 2017
can be a good company to work for if they had the right staff and management. you don't get trained as it is learn yourself , management are also incompetent, you also work on your own as it proves very difficult to work with the rest of the team, the job is also very physical as you are not supplied with all the tools of the trade, working for the client is excellent as you have a better relationship with them than your own company as they appreciate it more which is very satisfying. avoid this company at all costs because it will prove to be very difficult to get on with them and your direct managers. also a typical day at work will be do as less as possible as u are just left to get on with it and don't get paid properly.
Pros
easy work
Cons
low paid
Over rated
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fareham20 December 2017
Over rated & poor management. Too many high expectations which could not be met. Having never worked within the program element of probation, I struggled in the beginning, but gradually began to understand the work that I was doing. I feel quite sad to have been made redundant.
Pros
Free tea & coffee, & weekly allowance for fruit
Cons
Poor management
Friendly and professional coworkers and management
LOGISTICS AND GENERAL PORTER AT UCLH (Former Employee) –  london20 December 2017
the work was tiring. Pay was relatively good and the hours were fine. Had a bit of overtime as well and the management is fine, they take time to listen to your issues and help accordingly.
Good but needs improvement
office cleaner] (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire6 December 2017
I liked working at interserve to an extent, because the pay was really good however, the communication between my manager, HR and the head office was poor! also, it monthly pay which i think is inconvenient . A college of mine wasn't paid after working 5 weeks due to lack of effective communication between our manager and HR.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
left a lot to be desired
Administrator/Helpdesk Operative (Current Employee) –  Slough29 November 2017
I really enjoyed assisting with helping the vulnerable and elderly residents with their needs. However there was no room for advancement.

Management at Interserve needs a good over haul as very set in their ways.
Pros
No pros
Cons
late night working
Good work, but worked alone
CLEANER (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne28 November 2017
I was working as a cleaner on my own, which didn't bother me, but meant I didn;t really know anyone at interserve apart from my manager. Overall a good job though.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
N/a
harsh environment
Teamleader (Current Employee) –  Manchester23 November 2017
What ever goes wrong you would hear from management, if it goes right, you would hear nothing. I have learned that managers at interserve are not interested in their employees. cleaning around the building with no praise or incentives. culture of my particular staff were b and two faced. a fast paced environment with little praise of abilities or cleanliness. Was constructively dismissed after asking for a day off after a suspension resulting in final warning for letting my staff leave early, after it was OK by managers; right before christmas.
Cons
working relationships
Just bad So bad they lost their contract
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands22 November 2017
Cleaner at New Street Station. The line manager had no clue. He even hired his soon to be son in law and invented a job role for him. The supervisors had no qualifications, they were just there when the station reopened and some were racist bullies. On your feet for 7.5 hours. Other companies in the station like Virgin and Network Rail treat you like vermin.
Pros
Double pay for overtime
Cons
Management and senior staff thought they were gods
Ok place to work
Interim Manager (Current Employee) –  King's Cross, Greater London22 November 2017
Started as temp, friendly people, some people at site very helpful, however management have no time for new members of staff always to busy!!!!

So makes good hard working people look incompetent
Good team of people
Apprenticeship Resource Executive (Current Employee) –  West Yorkshire21 November 2017
Okay place to work with a good team of people. Pay not too good for the work you do, however you have the opportunity to progress quickly. Negative is too many bouts of redundancy, no job security.
Pros
Cons
Redundancy
Not valued!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff17 November 2017
Management don't care. No support. Negative culture. If you ask for help they do nothing. Senior managers are nothing but critical. Need I say more??
Pros
Cons
No work/life balance. No support. Just want more and more!
different experience everyday
Apprentice Chef (Former Employee) –  Buxton16 November 2017
Everyday was different and some months were busy then others, I was able to provide a high standard of work to some very important people. I was able to start my career here.
Good support
Health Advisor (Current Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire13 November 2017
Received good support from manager and good training opportunities.
A typical day started with a buzz meeting to look at the days activities and expectations. Followed by either seeing my work programme ESA clients on a one to one basis or in small group sessions. This would be followed towards the end of the day by an hours administration and updates.
The culture was very supportive and encouraging.
The most difficult part of the role was dealing with clients who were experiencing crisis in their lives but we were well supported to carry this out and as a result I became a safeguarding officer.
The best part of my role was seeing one of my clients achieve their potential and move forward into sustainable employment.
Pros
Buy back holiday scheme
Cons
The cascade system
Lovely people to work with
Cafe team member (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire3 November 2017
Generally a lovely place to work. Deal with the public daily so do get to know the customers and what they like.
Only downfall is never know when I'm going to be in days and times change from week to week. So very hard to arrange anything outside work. Have had to change so many appointments because of this.
Pros
Lovely people to work with
Cons
Rotas
Interserve
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sheffield City Centre, South Yorkshire31 October 2017
Very up and coming company people are great to work with and busy.
Turnover for the company is very good and the people I work with are great.

We have offices all over the world.
Pros
We do have a discount website on cinema tickets and other stuff.
Cons
Turnover of staff is high.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interserve. Our community is ready to answer.