Interserve Pay & Benefits reviews

Stay clear of this company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire12 June 2018
I worked on a site in security sector for 10 years and soon as interserve took over we experienced problems pay roll messing wages up month after month some staff owed thousands, very poor management nobody interested area management and above , total disregard of Heath and safety , threaten staff with there jobs to work overtime to which you never get payed for decided after 24 months enough was enough along with most of the working team we found other jobs , if I can give you one bit of advise look at another company to work for. If do have the very unfortunate opportunity to work for this company I asure you they will owe you money and you will not get it back.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Just about everything to do with company
Nice People
IPAF Operator / Traffic Marshal (Former Employee) –  Hayes4 June 2018
Was a pleasure to work for Interserve.
Nice people ..
Always paid on time.
this was a great job for me.
Long-term about 1 year and half..
Cheers guys.
Cons
Long Hours
Avoid at all costs
Technical Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City28 May 2018
Expect payroll to mess up your tax code regardless of providing correct documents, Expect them to maybe correct their mistake after 3 months.
Expect to be overworked, unappreciated and generally miserable.
Don`t sign any contract without looking at the overtime pay as in my case it was capped, there was no time and a half or double time just an extra 25 pence extra an hour if your lucky.
I would like to say this company is multicultural but that would be a lie I was the only native English speaker there.
In short avoid this company at all costs just terrible!
Pros
Cons
how long you got?
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 May 2018
It is o hour contract job which may be suitable for students......and benefits only for management......shame, no quality personnel in management and poor quality management. Need to do training for hold that posts in management and dictatorship attitude has not need in this organisation. Staff shacking is not bravery but good management is the key.
Very poor management
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich14 May 2018
Asides from the wage, this is a very bad place to work. Upon leaving I had to go through 5 months of phone calls, letters and printing out documents just to be paid my remaining holiday allowance which they tried to make out I wasn't owed. Eventually I got my money but it shows what a shallow, disrespectful company this is. Managers and supervisors were't even capable of getting along let alone running a store.
Pros
Good Wage
Cons
Just about everything else
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham13 May 2018
My job at interserve was good, the management were very understanding and always helped me understand what different jobs needed to be completed. The salary was also very good but was an average wage for labouring.
Worst company
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands27 April 2018
Manager talk to staff disrespectfully and disregard any health and safety concerns you raise. Don’t provide correct protective clothing especially when using Chlor-clean which irritates eyes and burns your throat and skin. Management don’t know what they’re doing half time and contradict themselves. Cleaning staff are leaving all the time due to bad management.
Pros
Leaving
Good company /work colleges
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London5 April 2018
Interserve took over from Intu , big company with large range of contracts so easy to move up in the security profession but still a lot of room for improvement ie salary but have lots of benifits with discounts with partners .
Pros
Discounted benifits
Cons
Salary
Mixed Bag- Good bad and very ugly
Unspecified (Former Employee) –  Scotland18 March 2018
I had a very mixed experience of Interserve,they are willing to train you, invest in you- decent benefits, great team, but very questionable management, people were regularly manipulated and promised the earth, and promises never came. Interserve need to remember that it is people they are dealing with and not just numbers. Great learning experience but very dissapointed by treatment of their most dedicated staff over a number of years
Half and half
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Grantham, Lincolnshire17 March 2018
Use like working for them but few year now it just going down hill. They need to look after staff more it not interserve wot earn them money it they staff and get rubbish wages dont even get xmas bouses or hamper.
Shockingly bad employer
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London6 March 2018
No support, no training.
Leave you to fend for yourself.
Management use old school bullying tactics to constructivly manipulate your contract.
Bounce you between interserve groups first security, nightsbridge guarding and interserve. Of which all of them get your wages, holiday, tax drasticly wrong.
Forever chasing back payments of wages.a faceless Hr

Very bad employer would not recommend.
Cons
They do not give you anything all benifits go to directors
Poor pay, no job security.
Plumber/Handyman (Former Employee) –  Winfrith, Dorset22 February 2018
The hours are good, but for a trade person they want to pay the bare minimum, mountains of paperwork to boot....if your looking for a temporary post, it's will do, but look for something longterm elsewhere.
Pros
Nice Weekly hours
Cons
Poor pay & mountains of paperwork
Horrible
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Derbyshire15 January 2018
The people you meet are great but you never get paid right from one month to the next and at time you never see the money they owe you as it is not there fault it is always someone else who has to take the blame and the mani gees are now better
Good place good people
Yard Operative (Former Employee) –  Aldridge, West Midlands13 January 2018
Need another job close to home been work since 16 years old had five different jobs I work hard good at time keep work long hours and fast past work and fit to go to any job
Pros
45 min lunch break
Cons
55 hours week i work
Worst company
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh2 January 2018
Worked for them over a year and hated every minute
When it came to leaving I handed my notice and was made to wait over 6 months to receive my p45 even though I contacted line managers and HR to get it resolved.
No sick pay
Months notice for holidays which don't get accepted most of the time
Pros
Cons
No sick pay, don't get your holidays when you ask, poor management
Friendly and professional coworkers and management
LOGISTICS AND GENERAL PORTER AT UCLH (Former Employee) –  london20 December 2017
the work was tiring. Pay was relatively good and the hours were fine. Had a bit of overtime as well and the management is fine, they take time to listen to your issues and help accordingly.
Good but needs improvement
office cleaner] (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire6 December 2017
I liked working at interserve to an extent, because the pay was really good however, the communication between my manager, HR and the head office was poor! also, it monthly pay which i think is inconvenient . A college of mine wasn't paid after working 5 weeks due to lack of effective communication between our manager and HR.
Pros
flexible hours
harsh environment
Teamleader (Current Employee) –  Manchester23 November 2017
What ever goes wrong you would hear from management, if it goes right, you would hear nothing. I have learned that managers at interserve are not interested in their employees. cleaning around the building with no praise or incentives. culture of my particular staff were b and two faced. a fast paced environment with little praise of abilities or cleanliness. Was constructively dismissed after asking for a day off after a suspension resulting in final warning for letting my staff leave early, after it was OK by managers; right before christmas.
Cons
working relationships
cleaner
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk18 October 2017
my job requires alot of concentration checking areas making sure the store is safe for the public shopping in the store keeping toilets clean during the busy time can be a challange
Pros
good working hours
Cons
bad communication
Management personal
Mobile area supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire10 October 2017
Management personal , make sure all the task are in high level standard , recruitment driving wages , call and arranges meeting in the daily basis, twice per month wages for all my staff .. etc
Pros
Free petrol
Cons
Long journeys in the Daily basis

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interserve. Our community is ready to answer.