Interserve Pay & Benefits reviews

Excellant
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Halfords blackwood21 November 2018
Good company to work for .good pay.very helpful when they are needed .supplies that are needed are always there on time and the supplies are sufficient the the job in hand
The average employer.
Domestic assistant (Former Employee) –  Tiverton28 October 2018
Sometimes high demands, no promotion opportunities for mothers with small children. The salary is National mimimum wage. It all depends on who you work with.
Fun and great place of work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire24 October 2018
The hardest part of the job was Management and the most enjoyable part of the job was socialising and working at the same time.

What I have you learn't was management and dealing with tricky situations
Pros
Flexiable working Hours
Cons
No benefits with job
Great place to work with fantastic benefits
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire25 September 2018
Working at Interserve was a pleasure, they really look after their staff; however they do expect their staff to work hard.

There employee benefits package is second to none, they really do ensure that you receive comprehensive life, health and other benefits packages.

This is an organisation that can really help individuals grow and achieve their potential if they are willing to work hard. I would recommend Interserve as an employer.
Workplace
Cleaner for Co op (Current Employee) –  Birmingham19 September 2018
Use to be a good company to work for but now has gone down in the dumps. Don't see manager when suppose to, don't get stores on time and equipment not serviced when booked in
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
People dont cover hols dont get stores when needed dropped hours
all round good to work for
Scaffolder (Former Employee) –  Glasgow9 September 2018
management needed work, however good team mates. great rate of pay. reasonable hours and plenty of over time if wanted. good training and skills learned.
Pros
training
Cons
management
Intersevre
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow16 August 2018
I wouldn't say it was the best company to work for wages are never right and management don't no what there doing and also wages are not good and its change over company
Pros
wages never right
Cons
shop i clean
It’s ok place to work
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Kendal13 August 2018
Things have been rocky at Interserve with having so many different cleaners none of what have been good enough at last we have another cleaner that’s very good shame she’s off on the sick at the moment be glad when she comes back .and been through bosses at Interserve like I don’t no what very hard work to get hold of someone other than that you are left alone to get on with the job , which is good as all the work gets Done
Cons
Bad with orders
Flexibility and opportunity to grow
Minor works Coordinator (Estates) (Current Employee) –  London13 July 2018
The best thing about Interserve FM is the flexibility and the opportunity the management gives to the employees to grow. A typical work at interserve is always fun because of the inter relationship among staff, the most enjoyable part of working with Interserve fm is the sense of belonging the management and work place makes you feel.
Cons
to review staff salary
Colleagues were great, payroll were useless
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cornwall16 June 2018
I worked for interserve cleaning a school for just under a year, I enjoyed working with my colleagues, however most months they would get loads of our tax codes wrong no matter how many times they were informed of the right one, the pay was great for me as a young student as they pay the national living wage to everyone rather than the minimum wage for your age group, however there were no incentives and overtime often got missed off, at Christmas they offered the caretakers at the school we cleaned a Christmas party however didn’t organise and pay for one for the cleaners who often worked with the caretakers anyway which was a shame so had to organise our own, there were also a few incidents with a manager being inappropriate however nothing was done, luckily he left on his own accord a few months later. For me the hours fitted in well with college and was good pay for someone of my age however they look at staff as replaceable and just numbers rather than assets to their business which caused high labour turnover.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management and payroll
Stay clear of this company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire12 June 2018
I worked on a site in security sector for 10 years and soon as interserve took over we experienced problems pay roll messing wages up month after month some staff owed thousands, very poor management nobody interested area management and above , total disregard of Heath and safety , threaten staff with there jobs to work overtime to which you never get payed for decided after 24 months enough was enough along with most of the working team we found other jobs , if I can give you one bit of advise look at another company to work for. If do have the very unfortunate opportunity to work for this company I asure you they will owe you money and you will not get it back.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Just about everything to do with company
Nice People
IPAF Operator / Traffic Marshal (Former Employee) –  Hayes4 June 2018
Was a pleasure to work for Interserve.
Nice people ..
Always paid on time.
this was a great job for me.
Long-term about 1 year and half..
Cheers guys.
Cons
Long Hours
Avoid at all costs
Technical Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City28 May 2018
Expect payroll to mess up your tax code regardless of providing correct documents, Expect them to maybe correct their mistake after 3 months.
Expect to be overworked, unappreciated and generally miserable.
Don`t sign any contract without looking at the overtime pay as in my case it was capped, there was no time and a half or double time just an extra 25 pence extra an hour if your lucky.
I would like to say this company is multicultural but that would be a lie I was the only native English speaker there.
In short avoid this company at all costs just terrible!
Pros
Cons
how long you got?
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 May 2018
It is o hour contract job which may be suitable for students......and benefits only for management......shame, no quality personnel in management and poor quality management. Need to do training for hold that posts in management and dictatorship attitude has not need in this organisation. Staff shacking is not bravery but good management is the key.
Ok place to wrok, not enough hours.
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Torquay24 May 2018
I found my time with interserve to be OK, The job itself never really led to any drama and I found the people I worked with to be quite decent. However they simply could not give the hours I needed.
Pros
Friendly Workplace
Cons
Not enough hours
Very poor management
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich14 May 2018
Asides from the wage, this is a very bad place to work. Upon leaving I had to go through 5 months of phone calls, letters and printing out documents just to be paid my remaining holiday allowance which they tried to make out I wasn't owed. Eventually I got my money but it shows what a shallow, disrespectful company this is. Managers and supervisors were't even capable of getting along let alone running a store.
Pros
Good Wage
Cons
Just about everything else
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham13 May 2018
My job at interserve was good, the management were very understanding and always helped me understand what different jobs needed to be completed. The salary was also very good but was an average wage for labouring.
Worst company
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands27 April 2018
Manager talk to staff disrespectfully and disregard any health and safety concerns you raise. Don’t provide correct protective clothing especially when using Chlor-clean which irritates eyes and burns your throat and skin. Management don’t know what they’re doing half time and contradict themselves. Cleaning staff are leaving all the time due to bad management.
Pros
Leaving
Good company /work colleges
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London5 April 2018
Interserve took over from Intu , big company with large range of contracts so easy to move up in the security profession but still a lot of room for improvement ie salary but have lots of benifits with discounts with partners .
Pros
Discounted benifits
Cons
Salary
Mixed Bag- Good bad and very ugly
Unspecified (Former Employee) –  Scotland18 March 2018
I had a very mixed experience of Interserve,they are willing to train you, invest in you- decent benefits, great team, but very questionable management, people were regularly manipulated and promised the earth, and promises never came. Interserve need to remember that it is people they are dealing with and not just numbers. Great learning experience but very dissapointed by treatment of their most dedicated staff over a number of years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interserve. Our community is ready to answer.