Interserve Employee Reviews for Cleaner

Awful
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hastings16 June 2018
I was lied to about what my hours would be prior to signing a contract. I also didn't even sign a contract until my fourth shift which is when I realised they had lied to me. Awful communication, underpaid several times and generally just a very unprofessional environment.
Pros
Cons
Bad communication, underpaid, lied to.
Avoid at all costs
Technical Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City28 May 2018
Expect payroll to mess up your tax code regardless of providing correct documents, Expect them to maybe correct their mistake after 3 months.
Expect to be overworked, unappreciated and generally miserable.
Don`t sign any contract without looking at the overtime pay as in my case it was capped, there was no time and a half or double time just an extra 25 pence extra an hour if your lucky.
I would like to say this company is multicultural but that would be a lie I was the only native English speaker there.
In short avoid this company at all costs just terrible!
Pros
Cons
how long you got?
Ok place to wrok, not enough hours.
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Torquay24 May 2018
I found my time with interserve to be OK, The job itself never really led to any drama and I found the people I worked with to be quite decent. However they simply could not give the hours I needed.
Pros
Friendly Workplace
Cons
Not enough hours
Average work but hopeless management
Cleaning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 May 2018
The jobs are okay, it's just normal work to be honest. The issue with interserve is it's management, not just at ground level but it goes quite high up. Incidents do not get dealt with, even if you don't feel safe. I was threatened on site and was told by my manager to just avoid them. HR is almost non existent, it would get to the point I'd end up just laughing at the end of a call.

If you work for Interserve get used to having to deal with your own issues. Like I say the works just normal work but the management is hopeless.
Pros
Normal work
Cons
Bad bad bad management
fun workplace
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow12 May 2018
Great company, management good. well run company. very professional and understanding of their employees needs. cleaning involved the cleaning of offices within town.
cleaner
P/T Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Edenthorpe, UK28 April 2018
hardest part was the times
really wasn't the job for me i just did not get along with t but i guess when you did it every day you got use to it i cleaned all the tills staff and customers toilets before half passed 9 in the morning
Worst company
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands27 April 2018
Manager talk to staff disrespectfully and disregard any health and safety concerns you raise. Don’t provide correct protective clothing especially when using Chlor-clean which irritates eyes and burns your throat and skin. Management don’t know what they’re doing half time and contradict themselves. Cleaning staff are leaving all the time due to bad management.
Pros
Leaving
Awful
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset2 April 2018
Worst management ever never paid properly treated like rubbish no communication supervisor had no clue how to run things or do the job other than that not a bad place to work
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Starting
Positive atmosphere and great teamwork
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Derby29 March 2018
As a cleaner my typical day will be do walk around the shop floor and ensure everything is tidy and safe for customers, to react quickly to any call outs to prevent customers from being injured and deal with customers enquiries as I was at the shop floor all the time, the customers saw me more often than Sainsbury's staff. I have learned how to work in a time but also as an individual, to keep the store safe and clean for customers, use different chemicals for different purposes, manage my time and in busy times work under pressure. The workplace culture itself was positive as staff would help each other out and help others when they had more time or if it was necessary as well as being left with the big responsibility to ensure the store is clean and safe.The most enjoyable part of the job for me was that when I could I helped customers with their inquiries as I knew where products were and that would save time for other members to deal with different tasks as well as being told by customers how happy they were with the work I have produced.
Cleaner
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bristol26 March 2018
Good too work for defiantly recommend them to people to work for they under stand family’s too they understood about a lot would like to go back to work for them one day
Cons
Ok hours
Half and half
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Grantham, Lincolnshire17 March 2018
Use like working for them but few year now it just going down hill. They need to look after staff more it not interserve wot earn them money it they staff and get rubbish wages dont even get xmas bouses or hamper.
Good compay to work for
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Wadebridge, Cornwall6 March 2018
I worked for intersperse bout 3 Yr ago in Wadebridge Cornwall. I cleaned HSBC bank for them. Got my supplies when I needed them and was paid on time no problems. A much better company than iss facility and mitie
Pros
Everything was spot on.
Cons
Just goin 2 work in tge dark and rain
Straight forward job
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Whitstable21 February 2018
This job has short hours early in the morning which isn't very desirable but fits in well with the rest of your day. The job is made up of straight forward tasks such as sweeping, mopping and hoovering which makes the shifts easy and you can just come in and get on with what you need to do. I have had issues with staff absences meaning I had to take on a larger workload at very short notice or with no notice at all, meaning tasks had to be prioritized and not everything would get done throughout the shift.

Overall an alright job and a fairly good work atmosphere and the staff around the store are friendly and polite which creates an overall more positive work atmosphere.
Pros
Easy job in short shifts.
Cons
Very early morning shifts, staff not always being on time or being absent.
Fun workplacement
Evening Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Maple Cross19 February 2018
The hours are brilliant and very well balanced, not long what so ever and the pay is amazing, the company as a whole is lovely to work for never had any problems.
Pros
Great pay, brilliant team
Cons
balancing out the social and work life
Poor
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex12 February 2018
Poorly run. My supervisor was never contacted when he felt there was an issue. Organisation of team meetings was also poor.
I don't know how it is doing in the Colchester Area now but from my experience... Very Poor
good expirance
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland4 February 2018
is a few years back when I was an Interserve employee. Everything that a remember about this company was big with a good reputation. I really enjoyed working for this company
bottom of the ladder
cleaner/driver (Former Employee) –  Preston21 January 2018
Starts out bot to bad nice little job but they will get you to do stuff you purhaps sont want to do. I nearlly killed myself working so hard to be promoted and they ended up putting me back down to 6 hours a week and told me that the business was changing which left me out of work. Can be quite difficult to get paid the amount your due and on time. No communication with mangers/ supvisors only when they need something
Pros
no pros
Cons
lots of cons
Horrible
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Derbyshire15 January 2018
The people you meet are great but you never get paid right from one month to the next and at time you never see the money they owe you as it is not there fault it is always someone else who has to take the blame and the mani gees are now better
Workplace
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 January 2018
Enjoyable workplace. I met different people and learnt more about mangment skills and team work skills. The advantages were good such as pension schemes and vouchers.
Good comapany to work for
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Leeds8 January 2018
Enjoyed working for Interserve. They looked after thier staff. Provided us with uniform and were always updating thier cleaning equipment. Friendly staff and fun environment to work in. I would work there again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interserve. Our community is ready to answer.