Interserve Employee Reviews for Associate

get there do the job and
Leisure Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire24 February 2018
quite a nice atmosphere to work in,they tried hosting parties.typical day has 30min shifts on poolside where you have to be standing and just watching the kids and maintaining their safety.
Good place good people
Yard Operative (Former Employee) –  Aldridge, West Midlands13 January 2018
Need another job close to home been work since 16 years old had five different jobs I work hard good at time keep work long hours and fast past work and fit to go to any job
Pros
45 min lunch break
Cons
55 hours week i work
Cafe assistant
Cafe Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire8 July 2017
Really good place to work
The cafe was good to work in
The b&q staff where always freindly
The customers where lovely espicaly the regular
Customers
Pros
Shifts where suitable
Good pay but lousy management
De-vegetation Operative (Former Employee) –  London3 March 2017
During my time at this well know company I did enjoy my working environment and colleagues but I just felt that I was being bullied and I could rely on management as it was non-existent that's why I left but I did like the pay as it was fortnightly which was handy and the lift into and out of work
Pros
Free lifts
Cons
lacking reliable managers
Busy and Fast Paced.
FM Compliance Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich11 November 2016
I enjoyed my time at Interserve. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. It was a busy, fast paced environment, with plenty of work to be done. I learned a lot from this role, and gained new experiences, which I believe will serve me well with future employability prospects.
Pros
Varied Work Load
Cons
Long Hours
no conection with managment
Hygiene Operative (Current Employee) –  North West25 September 2016
I work alone most of the time and find it hard to get the managers to come to my site unless they are coming to complain,
I have asked for further training ( first aid CSCS card ) but have been refused even though others are allowed to go on courses.
other colleagues that travel around to work are also not supervised so go on 2 or 3 our lunch breaks and add hours to there travel time ( which they get paid for )
I am on my feet for the whole of 8 hour my shift.
I get on well with the staff in the business that I work in ( not interserve staff0
have to work bank holidays for no extra pay or time off and because of 6am start the buses don't run that early so I have to get a taxi in so it cost me 5 hours pay to just come to work
Pros
can not think of ANY
Cons
no allowance for bank hoilday very poor comunication no gratitued
Reasonable work place
Assistant hopitality (Former Employee) –  London16 March 2016
Working for interserve was a very demanding job , very busy and the day went by very well and time passed by so quickly . I learned how to manage staff and be aware of health , safety and caring for other people.I got on very well with all the co-workers .The hardest and the best part of the job was when i was serving 500 to 700 cutomers at funtions and that was dealing with doctors , chairmans and directors by myself because i enjoy a challenge .My high light of the job was , i very much enjoyed meeting the prince of wales on the opening day of Mcmillan Cancer Centre in which i served the prince of wales tea .
Pros
My wages at the end of the month
Cons
short of staff
Fun workplace.
Oasis Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, ENG10 September 2015
It is always a busy environment so i always have something to do or work on. All staff are very friendly and reliable, The hardest part of the job is being faced with displeased customers.
Pros
All the staff are friendly
Cons
Long Hours
Hadley Learning Community
Lesiure Duty Assistant (Current Employee) –  Telford, ENG27 February 2014
Often begin by lifeguarding the pool. Lifeguarding the pool occurs in 15-30minute intervals that are rotated among the Lesiure Assistants. If not lifeguarding it is your repsonsibility to ensure that pools tests are up to date (pH, temperature and chlroine levels), activites are set up e.g football goals ready for a club hiring out the hall or bouncy castle set up for a party, the area is tidy for the public, no rubbish, bins emptied, changing rooms clean and tidy. My favourite part of the job is be able to give gym inductions. Here the users are able to ask questions and I can provide them with answers of their satisfaction. Since working at HLC I have learn't that communication is definitely the most important skill required for this job as it enables fellow peers to understand what tasks need to be accomplished. This job is very flexible as you text when you are available three weeks in advance. If you have any issues there are often two managers on shift that always help with anything you are unsure with or require help with.
Pros
Flexible hours, free access to classes, free access to gym/swimming pool, early finishes at the weekends
Cons
Often maximum of three lesiure assistants per shift
the building I work in Dept For Education is a modern and airy building
Post/Messeneger Operative (Current Employee) –  Runcorn, ENG21 January 2014
I start at 07:00hrs firstly switching on equipment for the running of the post room.
make a collection of letters and parcels etc for outgoing collection by Royal Mail
Arranging collections for the courier service (TNT) from other sites around the UK by website
Problems resolved do to failure of courier deliveries ie telephone communications
Interserve won contract within the civil service for post/messenger services so really I am doing the same job as I was as a civil service